PDA

View Full Version : Stamping Feet

TurboTomato
28th-December-2006, 11:19 AM
During a visit to a different venue last night I noticed that on a couple of songs some men were stamping their feet at certain points. Having not really witnessed it before and just hearing the noise to begin with I thought someone had ended up on the floor.....

Personally, it's certainly not something that I would do. Does anyone else have any comments? Is it good or bad and should I be doing it? ;)

Wouldbe
28th-December-2006, 11:38 AM
It's quite disconcerting when you hear it, isn't it?! I was taught that there's meant to be a dramatic stamp on your right foot as you spin the follower out of the Wurlitzer, but personally I've never mastered it and made it look good, it just upsets my footing!

There are those moves as well which are led by a jump but how on earth do you signal that one of those is coming and that the follower should do the same at the same time?

I wouldn't do either, unless I could be sure I would make it look convincing, which tends to mean best avoided for me! I would always spin myself or do a wiggle or something that I'm more comfortable with. No point breaking metatarsles over it!

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 11:44 AM
Ocasionally a little jump out of a screwdriver is good if the music is right. Sounds cack if you don't get it on the beat.

Loads of foot stomping goes on to is this the way to amarillo. Sounds rubbish, is not funny and you look an idiot doing it.

There is one dancer that just stomps at random points during a song, think he dances in Croydon. I just don't get it.

MartinHarper
28th-December-2006, 11:46 AM
Previous discussion: Stamping (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8460)

Stamping is great. Except when I have a sore leg the following day.
Yeah, that probably means I do it too much. The important point about stamping is that when the music doesn't break when you think it should, you can just alter the music to fix this. No, really.

Mary
28th-December-2006, 12:01 PM
I only stamp when I'm having a strop, and it's certainly not to the music. :rolleyes:

M

Whitebeard
28th-December-2006, 12:37 PM
h

Loud stamping is inconsiderate bordering upon rude.

Andreas
28th-December-2006, 01:07 PM
h

Quiet stamping is called stepping and bordering on 'waste of energy'. ;)

I agree, it can be annoying if applied in the wrong places but then again, practice makes perfect.

ducasi
28th-December-2006, 01:53 PM
:yeah:

It's very rare that stamping is called for. A spider on the dancefloor is one of them.

Filthy Monkey
28th-December-2006, 04:37 PM
It's just plain wrong!!!! :angry:

StokeBloke
28th-December-2006, 04:44 PM
There is one dancer that just stomps at random points during a song, think he dances in Croydon. I just don't get it.
Maybe it's a Ceroc-Line-Dancing Fusion vibe he has going on... does he wear a stetson? :rofl:

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 05:06 PM
Nope. People who have seen him will know who I mean. I think he dances for a comedy effect. Just doesn't work.

TurboTomato
28th-December-2006, 05:28 PM
Maybe it's a Ceroc-Line-Dancing Fusion vibe he has going on... does he wear a stetson? :rofl:

And shout 'yeeee-haaa' whilst firing a pistol into the air? :na:

Wouldbe
28th-December-2006, 05:44 PM
Is it a throw-back to an older jive style?
I know one guy who does a few moves a night with some stamps. I think he manages to pull them off, although they do sound strange when you're dancing and don't have the visual effect to explain the noise!

SeriouslyAddicted
28th-December-2006, 06:03 PM
should I be doing it?

No please don't - think I would end up in a fit of a giggles!

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 06:04 PM
Think we should all do it high rocks or Salomons this week. Will get people looking.

Gav
28th-December-2006, 06:14 PM

No please don't - think I would end up in a fit of a giggles!

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 06:16 PM
Would be a novel idea if starting a pest control company.

Might try and sell the Idea to trouble.

Lory
28th-December-2006, 06:59 PM
I appologise profusely but there's a track by Alex Fox called Flamenco and I can't help myself but I have to do naff flamenco stamping at the appropriate places in the song! :blush: :rofl:

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 07:01 PM
I appologise profusely but there's a track by Alex Fox called Flamenco and I can't help myself but I have to do naff flamenco stamping at the appropriate places in the song! :blush: :rofl:

tsk always one :rolleyes: :rofl:

As long as you don't stomp to Amarillo. Thats the ultimate sin. Only slightly below playing it as a DJ. :angry:

Cruella
29th-December-2006, 10:48 AM

:yeah: It's my pet hate and it puts me off dancing with guys that do it!! So if you want to avoid dancing with me, just stamp your feet. (I can see it now, it'll be like Riverdance at the next freestyle i attend):D

Andreas
29th-December-2006, 11:46 AM
:yeah: It's my pet hate and it puts me off dancing with guys that do it!! So if you want to avoid dancing with me, just stamp your feet. (I can see it now, it'll be like Riverdance at the next freestyle i attend):D
So you don't want to dance with me? I stamp occasionally. :na:

LMC
29th-December-2006, 01:28 PM
Wot Lory said

Stamping "in general"/for the sake of it? - big NO

But occasionally, if the track seems to 'call for it' and you get a partner you can mess about with, stamping is fun :D

Lory
29th-December-2006, 01:35 PM
But occasionally, if the track seems to 'call for it' and you get a partner you can mess about with, stamping is fun :D

:yeah: Lifes too short to be serious! :D

Trouble
29th-December-2006, 01:36 PM
Would be a novel idea if starting a pest control company.

Might try and sell the Idea to trouble.

yep thats the 1st point of technician training for my guys. if all else fails stamp on it. !!! :D

Gav
29th-December-2006, 01:41 PM
yep thats the 1st point of technician training for my guys. if all else fails stamp on it. !!! :D

That explains why I always have bruised toes after dancing with you! :D :flower:

Trouble
29th-December-2006, 04:26 PM
That explains why I always have bruised toes after dancing with you! :D :flower:

huh, you could give a girl a bad reputation you know.......cheeky bugger....:love: :flower: and i do not need further comment on that one either xx