PDA

View Full Version : Black and white ball tonight......

FoxyFunkster
27th-December-2006, 12:59 PM
whats the standard attire for tonights black and white ball at ashtons???? are the guys mainly in dinner suits????

Andy McGregor
27th-December-2006, 01:42 PM
I will be wearing a dinner suit. However, I've found it really doesn't make much difference what you arrive in as, when you heat up with the dancing, you will remove your jacket & tie and roll up your sleeves: some guys will probably change their shirts too. This means that, in no time at all, you will be dancing in a short sleeved shirt and trousers.

However, you really do need to look good when you arrive as the ladies will have really gone to town with their outfits and us guys do need to make an effort for them :flower:

WittyBird
27th-December-2006, 01:43 PM
Normally white speedo's with doc Martins, white socks and a black Trilby.
Have fun :D

Lory
27th-December-2006, 01:47 PM
whats the standard attire for tonights black and white ball at ashtons???? are the guys mainly in dinner suits????

The last time I went, which was 2 years ago, most of the men wore Dinner Suits, Tuxedo's and Bow ties :drool: :yum: :worthy:

I'd also say that most, took other smart shirts to change into later. :nice:

I would say, leave your Tshirts at home ;) :clap:

FoxyFunkster
27th-December-2006, 01:48 PM
Dinner suit it is then with speedo`s on underneath, mine are black though!! Thanks

Missy D
27th-December-2006, 01:50 PM
I will be wearing a dinner suit. However, I've found it really doesn't make much difference what you arrive in as, when you heat up with the dancing, you will remove your jacket & tie and roll up your sleeves: some guys will probably change their shirts too. This means that, in no time at all, you will be dancing in a short sleeved shirt and trousers.

However, you really do need to look good when you arrive as the ladies will have really gone to town with their outfits and us guys do need to make an effort for them :flower:

Dont forget your pole dancing outfit Andy! Just cant get a grip on the pole wearing trousers.:innocent:

FoxyFunkster
27th-December-2006, 01:52 PM
i`m thinking that is where the speedo`s, doc martins and trilby hat combo are best saved for!!!!

WittyBird
27th-December-2006, 01:54 PM
Blah blah blah {snip}

We could've had some fun with that!

The last time I went, which was 2 years ago {yak yak yak {snip}

Another spoil sport :D

Dont forget your pole dancing outfit Andy! Just cant get a grip on the pole wearing trousers.:innocent:

Hence the speedo's :na: :na: :na:

Missy D
27th-December-2006, 01:54 PM
i`m thinking that is where the speedo`s, doc martins and trilby hat combo are best saved for!!!!

must remember to put mine in my dance bag!

FoxyFunkster
27th-December-2006, 01:55 PM
is there any room left in the dance bag???

Missy D
27th-December-2006, 01:58 PM
is there any room left in the dance bag???

Why what else would I need?

FoxyFunkster
27th-December-2006, 02:00 PM
i thought the usual format is a hourly change of shoes, which will mean 6 pairs tonight!! make up, maybe 2 spare changes of clothes, etc etc....

Rhythm King
27th-December-2006, 02:00 PM
You could take your roller and tray - the ceiling needs painting :whistle:

WittyBird
27th-December-2006, 02:01 PM
You could take your roller and tray - the ceiling needs painting :whistle:

:yeah: :rofl: I'd forgotten about that :worthy:
I dare ya!

Lory
27th-December-2006, 02:11 PM

There's no pole dancing this year but there is going to be a very funny alternative. :clap: :wink:

I can't wait! :yeah: :D

WittyBird
27th-December-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a spare ticket for this if anyone is interested :na:

Dansinqueen
27th-December-2006, 03:49 PM
I also have a spare ticket for tonights ball, please let me know if you are interested.

jammy
27th-December-2006, 05:20 PM

there is no pole dancing compition this year

WittyBird
27th-December-2006, 05:40 PM
there is no pole dancing compition this year

:yeah: It's so much better than pole dancing :whistle:
I personally can't wait :yum:

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 10:27 AM
My thoughts

Said ‘food’ would be serve 8pm to 9.30pm well it run out when I got there at 9.15pm :sad:

It was far too hot and too crowded. How about large Fans on from the start and less people ? I heard the heating was on ??

Massive gender imbalance worse ive seen since camber may 2004 not sure what you do about that unless you say batman tee shirts can be worn by the men. I feel sorry for the ladies , half the men just cant stand looking smart

had to refuse some dances and that is very rare for me :sad: i got back to them

However still an excellent night :grin:

fletch
28th-December-2006, 10:39 AM
My thoughts

Said ‘food’ would be serve 8pm to 9.30pm well it run out when I got there at 9.15pm :sad:

It was far too hot and too crowded. How about large Fans on from the start and less people ? I heard the heating was on ??

Massive gender imbalance worse ive seen since camber may 2004 not sure what you do about that unless you say batman tee shirts can be worn by the men. I feel sorry for the ladies , half the men just cant stand looking smart

had to refuse some dances and that is very rare for me :sad: i got back to them

However still an excellent night :grin:

:yeah:

I have to agree with S38 on all points.

The gender inbalance was so bad I gave up between 10 and 12 I couldn't get a dance and if I did I was kicked to bits, so I gave up :sad: I used the time to chat, not a bad thing, :flower:

The bucking bronko was fun,(to watch I neaver went on it ):na: well done to Tor who came second over all, Go Gal! show them men how to do it :clap:

When it started to thin out a bit I was able to resume dancing, I even got a dance with the 'infamous' Dave Roberts :na: :wink: :D

It was nice to see everyone make such an effort dressing up :worthy:

I'm hoping for a better night dancing at Daventry :flower:

Twirly
28th-December-2006, 12:47 PM
half the men just cant stand looking smart

Why is that? :confused: Not as if they have to wear the suit jacket all night after all.

Glad I didn't go now - went to the sales instead and got a great red dress that should be perfect for dancing in :D

Dai
28th-December-2006, 01:56 PM
...It was nice to see everyone make such an effort dressing up :worthy:

I'm hoping for a better night dancing at Daventry :flower:

Lookig forward to seeing everyone dressed up on friday - at dav!!

Its going to be a good night, and the good news is that its not sold out yet - so for all of you who haven't yet bought your tickets - can't imagine why not - you can still get them. There should also be more space at daventry - which is always good.

Having said that, i really enjoyed last night - and i had some lovely dances. And the bucking bronco was wicked!!!

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 02:00 PM
I even got a dance with the 'infamous' Dave Roberts :na: :wink: :D

Who's that then? I saw you dancing with Phil Roberts, but never heard of a Dave Roberts :wink:

I had a good night last night, however I did think it was far to crowded, and too many men over.

Looking from the balcony towards the stage on both sides of the floor it was like an Iron wall of women waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting men. I was sick of getting bumped and kicked.

Nice to see all the efforts some people had gone to with dressing up, the atmosphere was great. Well done to all the people who took the time in getting the place ready for the masses you all done a great job. Even the barstaff smiled :D

Had a go on the horsey thing and got something like 38 seconds when Lindy Loo said to me ' Oh have another go Bec and see if you can beat it' So I did. Only to find out when I came off she had been taking bets on how long it would take before the twins came out! :eek: :rofl:

Linda you should realise by now that those beauties are superglued in :whistle:

Went over to speak to * ******** ********* and say hello and before my mouth even moved I got ' Before you ask, NO I don't want to dance' I was truely hurt :rofl: Felt completely and utterly unappreciated :wink:
At least Sir Silver of Fox waits to be asked before giving you a flat NO :rofl:

So hence you're off the Christmas card list next year :D Oh yeah I don't send Christmas cards :blush: :worthy:

Looking forward to Daventry, Gloucester, Berko and ICE this weekend :clap:

I'm really gutted Dan, Russell & Kelly didn't do the Riverfront Ball this year as that was one of the highlights of last year for me :mad:

Little Em
28th-December-2006, 02:03 PM
I had a lovely night dancing with some friends and a few new people.
Too many to mention but thanks to Dirty D, Rob D, Latin Lover, Jammy, Steven, Mike, Phil Roberts(!!) Clarance, Howard, and all the others, i had fab dances all night.

It was good to see everyone again, everyone did look lovely, and the guy in jeans stood out a mile!! but hey ho!:nice:

Thank you to those who danced with me it was a pleasure with all. To those who elbowed me in the face. *cough* Mike *cough* thanks:D

I have to agree that there were far too many women over the guys... I was seeing women crowding at the side of the floor at points to dance with certain guys!!! crazy. I decided to chat and made some new friends!

Thanks to Di for the strip tease when we danced, though was most disappointed to see you were stripping for everyone!! :tears: :really:

Thanks London for the dances, I am back north on Friday to be with my better half for New year, so will miss Daventry :tears: have a good one and I will see you in 2007.

Em xx

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 02:12 PM
I`m another in total agreement about last night, far too many people and i just can`t understand why ceroc go to such lengths to gender control the weekenders and yet neglect what was billed as the dance party of the year, last saturday at hammersmith was a much better night for dancing i thought, people do remember such things and next years event will undoubtedly suffer as a consequence.......i had 3 fantastic dances with a forumite called LittleEm who i`ll be seeking out at the weekenders for sure for more dances.........one last and improtant question.....is the daventry party part of ceroc central???

Dai
28th-December-2006, 02:15 PM
I...one last and improtant question.....is the daventry party part of ceroc central???

Yes it most certainly is. Does that make a difference as to whether you go or not?

Double Trouble
28th-December-2006, 02:16 PM
It was good to see everyone again, everyone did look lovely, and the guy in jeans stood out a mile!! but hey ho!:nice:

I think, you will find, that was a woman. :what:

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes it most certainly is. Does that make a difference as to whether you go or not?

just checking on aa route finder now.....i`ve got one of those silly dangerous machines with 2 wheels so most places are within reach.....will it be a good night????

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 02:26 PM
will it be a good night????

Hang on while I plug my crystal ball in. :rolleyes:

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 02:28 PM
Hang on while I plug my crystal ball in. :rolleyes:

is it working????

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 02:29 PM
is it working????

Yes.

It says........

Follow the path to the North to be truely enlightened:rolleyes:

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 02:33 PM
Yes.

It says........

Follow the path to the North to be truely enlightened:rolleyes:

Thats one philosophical crystal ball!!!! it`s only 72 miles away....great stuff......

Trouble
28th-December-2006, 02:36 PM
Well my first black and white ball, i must say, too packed, too hot, no room to dance but great fun anyway. I must have enjoyed myself as body is aching this morning, thats normally a good sign of some very hectic dancing, either that or getting beaten to a pulp on the dance floor by other dancers. I have however, got bruises on my ankles from stiletto scraping or shoe stomping.

I also went on the buckaroo thingy, stayed on for a bit, fell off very unlady like, i apologise for the view some people may or may not have had as i flew across the air legs akimbo. :D

On a plus point, did get a few nice pics, i'll let you guess who the hairy ass belongs too. The one of the dance floor explains all i think, for those who were not there you will see just how busy it was and i think this picture does not show it at its worse.

It was a night out, enjoyed all the more as i was having dance cold turkey symptoms from not doing any. Had a great few dances one especially remembered, in fact two, was with cheeky butler or whatever his name is, fantastic dance and such a lovely face too. :whistle: he also advises he has a massive c*ck and thats why he is so popular on the dance floor, i did wonder how women knew that but there you go. :D

Sis (double trouble) did great guns on the buckaroo thingy but more enjoyable was seeing her try to get on it. Witty,,, i beat ya :na:

Stewart 38, great little mover, had a couple of cheeky little dances with him, made him smile so must have been doing something right :D and of course, my reliable and great dancer Dave the Scaffolder... always my light of the night xx

Anyway overall, good. Especially boxing at end.. quite entertaining.

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 02:36 PM
Thats one philosophical crystal ball!!!! it`s only 72 miles away....great stuff......

I suppose it would depend where you're travelling from :whistle:

Dai
28th-December-2006, 02:37 PM
if you are on bike - you can generally speaking park it on the paving slabs outside the front of the building. Thats where i park mine anyway - and i have never been told off

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 02:41 PM
if you are on bike - you can generally speaking park it on the paving slabs outside the front of the building. Thats where i park mine anyway - and i have never been told off

all good news then...i`m coming up from maida vale which isn`t far from the M1.....need to book an overnight stay first then i`m in.....

Seahorse
28th-December-2006, 03:09 PM
I've mixed feelings about last night. Being tired after a busy family christmas and having to return to work earlier that day (grrrrr!) didn't help the mindset. It was lovely see everyone though I would hope that they cut the numbers by 20% to 30% and attempt to manage the gender balance in future. I couldn't believe the number of ladies who were waiting for dances, and I'm afraid my loyalties always remain with those people I know or see on a regular basis. (Sorry I missed you witty).

It also confirms for me that a ceroc night is no longer just about the dancing, but also the importance of the people I'm with.

At times I think the dancefloor was an wild 'forest' of arms and legs scratching around for space - and unfortunately these circumstances bring out the worst in people. Bit of 'vinceslapping' wouldn't go amiss. (He had the right idea dancing on the edges).

Nice idea to have the smaller floor upstairs although it was sticky and everyone used it as a thoroughfare.

And what was going on with the erratic music? I think we had every genre that itunes provides.

Seeing everyone dressed up was a treat but I've had better evenings elsewhere and in conclusion, the event didn't match my expectations and left me unenthused with the idea of chiswick on saturday.

Missy D
28th-December-2006, 03:23 PM
I had a great time last night!

Lovely food - will bring along my tupperware and arrive much earlier next year.

There were alot of women but, still managed to dance with most of the men that I wanted to - And not one refusal for me either:clap:

Didn't get to ride the bucking reindeer as lack of smalls but well done to all that did brave it.:clap:

Where was the chocolate fountain? Me and sis were really looking forward to a lick and dip!

Great to see all that I hadn't seen in ages too and for those i met for the first time too.

Look forward to the next Black and White ball. Maybe Mike and Linda might want to think about doing a summer ball as 12 months is far too long to wait.:flower:

Thanks to all that put on this event!:clap: :clap:

lindyloo
28th-December-2006, 04:20 PM
My thoughts

Food & champagne finished at 9.50pm.

Gender imbalance is due to the fact that women are more organised in life and get their tickets in October at the cheaper price. We had over 100 phone calls between us yesterday from people begging, bribing, forcing us to give them a ticket. One guy even offered us £100. (another guy phoned on Xmas night at mid-night!) But what I would say is that most of the calls were from men - so for next year guys get organised and don't leave it until the week before when its always sold out!"

There were exactly the same number of people there as last year with an extra dance floor upstairs. Next year though I think we will lay the extra dance floor both at the back of the room and possibly upstairs also - just a morning after thought (thoughthis will mean that the reindeer can't come next year though and I had a great time on that - would have liked another go but took too long to take my shoes off! and it was such a shame I couldn't persuade Witty to get back on because I'm sure they would have come out and it wasn't me taking bets it was the guy next to me!!)

I thought everyone looked fab last night, it's lovely to see people making an effort to get dressed up:)

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 04:33 PM
My thoughts

Gender imbalance is due to the fact that women are more organised in life and get their tickets in October at the cheaper price. We had over 100 phone calls between us yesterday from people begging, bribing, forcing us to give them a ticket. One guy even offered us £100. (another guy phoned on Xmas night at mid-night!) But what I would say is that most of the calls were from men - so for next year guys get organised and don't leave it until the week before when its always sold out!"

There were exactly the same number of people there as last year with an extra dance floor upstairs. Next year though I think we will lay the extra dance floor both at the back of the room and possibly upstairs also - just a morning after thought (thoughthis will mean that the reindeer can't come next year though and I had a great time on that - would have liked another go but took too long to take my shoes off! and it was such a shame I couldn't persuade Witty to get back on because I'm sure they would have come out and it wasn't me taking bets it was the guy next to me!!)

I thought everyone looked fab last night, it's lovely to see people making an effort to get dressed up:)

there was no food after 9.15 that i could find, some mince pies up stairs i was hungry, i went looking for food

got a few nibbles near Fletch and that was it. two mouthfuls :sad:

FoxyFunkster
28th-December-2006, 04:34 PM
My thoughts

is it not possible to sell half tickets for the women and half for the men???

isn`t that what they do for the weekenders???

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 04:43 PM

isn`t that what they do for the weekenders???

And what would we have to talk about on the forum ?

How about 15% discount for men that book early :whistle:

Or women being allocated a card system that allows them say max 25 dances in a night, that way the shy ones get more dances :whistle:

One think I didn’t notice the bar which means I didn’t notice any queues :grin:

Gus
28th-December-2006, 04:43 PM
Didn't get to ride the bucking reindeer as lack of smalls but well done to all that did brave it.:clap: I KNOW I'm going to regret this ... but lasses do dancing without underwear?? :what: :what: I thought 'going commando' was just an idle boast ... aren't there certain inherent risks involved :blush:

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 05:24 PM
Had a great few dances one especially remembered, in fact two, was with cheeky butler or whatever his name is, fantastic dance and such a lovely face too. :whistle: he also advises he has a massive c*ck and thats why he is so popular on the dance floor, i did wonder how women knew that but there you go.

Stewart 38, great little mover, had a couple of cheeky little dances with him, made him smile so must have been doing something right :D

I think we need URGENT clarification that the ‘little’ was in no way inferring that they couldn’t call me butler or 3 legged man :tears:

lindyloo
28th-December-2006, 05:30 PM

It's an evening out not a weekender!

People send us cheques for 10 tickets etc - they could tell us its for 5 men and 5 women, but we can't enforce it.

All I can say it we will think of something for next year

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=SteveHunt;324264]is it not possible to sell half tickets for the women and half for the men???
QUOTE]

It's an evening out not a weekender!

People send us cheques for 10 tickets etc - they could tell us its for 5 men and 5 women, but we can't enforce it.

All I can say it we will think of something for next year

how about 350 blue tickets and 350 pink tickets

so you have 5 blue and 5 pink. sorted :grin:

then all the ugly people get a dance

Lory
28th-December-2006, 05:52 PM
Massive gender imbalance

Stewart, are you feeling Ok hun? :whistle:

Personally, I had a really lovely time. I always enjoy occasions where everyone makes an effort to dress up. :drool:

I thought the venue looked wonderful, well done to everyone involved and especially to Jane and Lindyloo!:worthy:

I was very lucky enough to get some Ballroom dancing in before the floor was mobbed, which was a massive bonus!:clap: :cheers:

The rest of the evening, I stuck to dancing mainly upstairs.:)

But one thing that slightly saddened me was, I met two very nice ladies early on in the evening, who'd travelled a long way and had made a real effort to look gorgeous, they were both extremely excited, as this was there first time to Ashtons and their first time to a Ball.:grin:

Later on I caught up with one of them and asked her how her night was going and she looked quite disheartened, as she said both of them had hardly danced at all :sad: and complained about the sides being lined with women 3 deep :(

Maybe next year, it might be an idea for the price of a ticket to go up just enough to cover the cost of having 50-100 less people?

stewart38
28th-December-2006, 06:01 PM
But one thing that slightly saddened me was, I met two very nice ladies early on in the evening, who'd travelled a long way and had made a real effort to look gorgeous, they were both extremely excited, as this was there first time to Ashtons and their first time to a Ball.:grin:

Later on I caught up with one of them and asked her how her night was going and she looked quite disheartened, as she said both of them had hardly danced at all :sad: and complained about the sides being lined with women 3 deep :(

Maybe next year, it might be an idea for the price of a ticket to go up just enough to cover the cost of having 50-100 less people?

I assume you mean 50-100 women less :sick:

other wise it just gets 2.5 deep

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 06:03 PM
it was such a shame I couldn't persuade Witty to get back on because I'm sure they would have come out and it wasn't me taking bets it was the guy next to me!!)

:rofl: You'll tell me anything!
They really weren't budging :whistle: But maybe next time we should get together and sort a book out, make sure we win and walk off with the money eh Linda :wink: You can have your 25% Managers share :rofl:

Will probably give you a grand total of 0.01p :clap:

fletch
28th-December-2006, 06:19 PM
I KNOW I'm going to regret this ... but lasses do dancing without underwear?? :what: :what: I thought 'going commando' was just an idle boast ... aren't there certain inherent risks involved :blush:

what risks :confused: unless your the age you need 'tenna lady' :sick:

I had a long dress to the floor and tight. so tight I decided to go commando. but no one would have known unless I told them, and it was hardly going to fly up and give every one a flash.:rolleyes:

Do you think anyone would notice if you went commando Gus

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 06:25 PM
Some men dance commando. Less chaffing when doing lunges. :whistle: :rofl:

Lory
28th-December-2006, 06:42 PM
I had a long dress to the floor and tight. so tight I decided to go commando.

I had this very conversation with a couple of lady forumites last night (and come to think about it, I also covered the topic with Andy Mc too :really: :rofl: ) and your the third lady now, who's openly admitted to going commando last night! (for the record, I wasn't one of them :innocent: )

So, there you go, it's official, it happens more than you guys would ever know! :na:

Missy D
28th-December-2006, 07:16 PM
I KNOW I'm going to regret this ... but lasses do dancing without underwear?? :what: :what: I thought 'going commando' was just an idle boast ... aren't there certain inherent risks involved :blush:

Like Fletch my dress was also tight and down to the floor. I just couldn't wear underwear without unsightly lines showing. Obviously, if I were doing lifts then of course I would have worn pants.

Only one man/forumite noticed the absence of my smalls last night!

*tries so hard not to lower the tone here*

Andy McGregor
28th-December-2006, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=lindyloo;324284]

how about 350 blue tickets and 350 pink tickets

so you have 5 blue and 5 pink. sorted :grin:

then all the ugly people get a danceUgly people shouldn't be allowed out in the first place - turns the stomach of all us beauties :whistle:

My own opinion is that you really shouldn't need to balance the sexes for a dance. I have an uncompromising attitude with women who complain that there are no men at dances - I ask them how many men they came with.

Once I'd got over the shock of paying £30 to get in I had a great night - my own fault for deciding at the last minute. There were loads of fab dancers and I was danced off my feet. I danced upstairs a bit too and had a lovely dance with Lory on a fairly clear floor :flower:

While I was upstairs I did notice that the main floor was surrounded by women. Some of them looked quite grumpy - when I got downstairs I didn't ask them for a dance, why would I?

On the subject of food, I had food served to me at my table by gorgeous virgins - it was like heaven. The food was lovely and it was served way past 9.30, I can't say exactly when the last time I got a nibble from a virgin, but it was fairly late.

The only, very mild, moan I've got is that the Champagne was very sweet - otherwise it was a fab night :clap:

Cruella
28th-December-2006, 07:28 PM
Strangely, it was the same man that told you about my absence of smalls :rolleyes:
Now we know why he wasn't dancing much, he was too busy looking for VPLs.

Andreas
28th-December-2006, 08:01 PM
women who complain that there are no men at dances - I ask them how many men they came with.
Good man! It is always much easier to complain than do something about it. :sick:

On the subject of food, I had food served to me at my table by gorgeous virgins - it was like heaven.
Don't fool yourself, mate. They may have been Virgos but virgins? :na:

Like Fletch my dress was also tight and down to the floor. I just couldn't wear underwear without unsightly lines showing. Obviously, if I were doing lifts then of course I would have worn pants.

*tries so hard not to lower the tone here*
Now I know what stimulated somebody to start that 'other (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10970)' thread. :rofl:

WittyBird
28th-December-2006, 10:23 PM
Ugly people shouldn't be allowed out in the first place - turns the stomach of all us beauties :whistle:

:yeah: :rofl: Sorry where's Woodface?:rofl:

I danced upstairs a bit too and had a lovely dance with Lory on a fairly clear floor :flower:

You can go off some people :whistle:

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2006, 02:19 AM
You can go off some people :whistle:.. and I had two lovely dances with WittyBird and two lovely dances with Fletch, and many other lovely dances with lovely women until I disappeared in a puff of luvviness ...

fletch
29th-December-2006, 10:18 AM
.. and I had two lovely dances with WittyBird and two lovely dances with Fletch, and many other lovely dances with lovely women until I disappeared in a puff of luvviness ...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

your a ploker .....Rodney :D

Trouble
29th-December-2006, 11:42 AM
.. and I had two lovely dances with WittyBird and two lovely dances with Fletch, and many other lovely dances with lovely women until I disappeared in a puff of luvviness ...

blimey Andy, you mean you escaped me......or was you avoiding me...:what:

WittyBird
29th-December-2006, 12:04 PM
blimey Andy, you mean you escaped me......or was you avoiding me...:what:

Well from what he said to me, avoiding. :grin: :whistle: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2006, 02:20 PM
blimey Andy, you mean you escaped me......or was you avoiding me...:what:Witty did say that Trouble was there and gave me a good description. I did spot Trouble from the balcony, but I couldn't find her when I got downstairs. To get the same effect as one dance with Trouble, I danced with two scary women in succession :whistle:

WittyBird
29th-December-2006, 02:27 PM
Witty did say that Trouble was there and gave me a good description.

That was directions to the exit :wink:

To get the same effect as one dance with Trouble, I danced with two scary women in succession :whistle:

:rofl: Just the 2 women? :na:

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2006, 02:54 PM

:rofl: Just the 2 women? :na:Fletch + Wittybird=Trouble

And I danced with each of them twice so I actually danced with DoubleTrouble - and I've never even met her!

I think the above equation is true, on so many levels :wink:

Dizzy
29th-December-2006, 02:57 PM
Fletch + Wittybird=Trouble

Plus the fact that you had 2 dances with me too :D :flower:

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2006, 03:00 PM
Plus the fact that you had 2 dances with me too :D :flower:Trouble to the power of Dizzy

WittyBird
29th-December-2006, 03:36 PM
Fletch + Wittybird=Trouble
I think the above equation is true, on so many levels :wink:

Absolutely but you wouldn't have us any other way would ya:yum:

Please don't answer that :whistle:

Trouble
29th-December-2006, 04:23 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: Just the 2 women? :na:

:D :wink: cheeky mare. xx

Andy Andy Andy, we missed each other, im saddened at the thought of such a missed opportunity.

i look forward to our paths crossing again, perhpas they might cross at the same point.xx - thanks for the rep xxxxx :cheers:

Double Trouble
29th-December-2006, 05:21 PM
And I danced with each of them twice so I actually danced with DoubleTrouble - and I've never even met her!

I was at the black and white ball Andy. I get the feeling you were hiding from me and trouble. I'm hurt.:tears:

Missy D
29th-December-2006, 05:37 PM
I was at the black and white ball Andy. I get the feeling you were hiding from me and trouble. I'm hurt.:tears:

He walked past me many times too! :tears:

TurboTomato
29th-December-2006, 05:55 PM
He walked past me many times too! :tears:

I didn't get a dance either :tears:

I wasn't there, but that's not important, let's just make Andy feel guilty :na:

Whitebeard
29th-December-2006, 07:23 PM
....... Looking forward to Daventry, Gloucester, Berko and ICE this weekend :clap: .......

Well, I'll gaw t' Buuxton !! A forum celebrity (who I might even recognise cos the camera loves you so much) is threatening to come to Gloucester on the one night I shan't be able to attend. So any white beards you see floating around will belong to someone else.

Andy McGregor
29th-December-2006, 08:53 PM
I didn't get a dance either :tears:

I wasn't there, but that's not important, let's just make Andy feel guilty :na: I never feel guilty because a woman didn't ask me for a dance and then complains leter that I didn't ask her :whistle:

There was a point in the evening where I get trapped in one corner. Women were queuing in front of the DJ and grabbing any guy who tried to escape from the corner - my only defence was to grab Elliott for a quick dance :waycool:

David Bailey
29th-December-2006, 10:12 PM
Just out of interest, why don't Ceroc London want to gender-balance? Too much effort?

It's certainly rare for an event to be gender-balanced, but it's not unknown - Ceroc Greenwich did a good balanced event last year. And I think it'd be a good selling point - probably more so than the food or whatever....

Missy D
30th-December-2006, 02:25 AM
I never feel guilty because a woman didn't ask me for a dance and then complains leter that I didn't ask her :whistle:

:waycool:

Oh to be so popular Mr McGregor! Will definately grab you at the next freestyle. On one attempt to get a dance with you a woman ran in front of me, trod on my foot ladering my stockings.

Andy McGregor
30th-December-2006, 12:22 PM
laddering my stockings.So retro, and so sexy: probably cooler than tights too :waycool:

Dan Hudson
30th-December-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm really gutted Dan, Russell & Kelly didn't do the Riverfront Ball this year as that was one of the highlights of last year for me :mad:

So are we :tears: :tears:

still next there is always next year:wink:

Missy D
30th-December-2006, 11:54 PM
So are we :tears: :tears:

still next there is always next year:wink:

organise a summer ball and you might be forgiven!

MartinHarper
31st-December-2006, 03:41 AM
What was going on with the erratic music? I think we had every genre that itunes provides.

I've often thought that when an event is very crowded that DJs should take the opportunity to play more specialised music. That way, people can choose to only dance to the songs that they like, rather than trying to pack the dance floor beyond its capacity.

CJ
3rd-January-2007, 06:41 PM
I've often thought that when an event is very crowded that DJs should take the opportunity to play more specialised music. That way, people can choose to only dance to the songs that they like, rather than trying to pack the dance floor beyond its capacity.

I was told in no uncertain terms that there was to be almost risk involved in the music. I asked for 3 requests (at a very reasonable, early time) and had one played with, what has to be said was, a begrudged feeling. I was disappointed with the music but, then, I am fussy.:rolleyes: When there are too many people in a hall, and so many FAB dancers, I don't understand why the music couldn't be just a fraction above what we endured.

The numbers were difficult, and whilst I sympathised with the waiting girls, it was really tough for the guys: never really getting to sit one out without causing offence to someone.:blush: (thank you, JC, for being so gracious:flower:) I don't think I've ever left a venue so exhausted: am not sure even a towel rub could have revived me!!

That said, I loved it.:D And I really appreciated the help in getting me a ticket.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :worthy: