PDA

View Full Version : What dancing in london is there on in the xmas/NYE week?

marty_baby
22nd-December-2006, 03:52 PM
Hiya All,

Sorry to be jumping the gun here, but I'm trying to plan our xmas/NYE week.
Shame Greenwhich isn't one - that really was my fav event of last year!

Is there Twyford on? the 29th I mean?? Anyone going to that - or is it traditionally a quiet one?? (Great for me mind - I love loads of space! :na: )

Any classes on etc?? I heard praises about Fulham etc :nice:

Hope you can advise
Martin

NB:
So far:
Wed - Ashtons - never done the ball - should be interesting
Sun - Swindon NYE (thats where the Bristol Crowd are going - no Bristol do for some reason)

And thats it!

TheTramp
22nd-December-2006, 05:24 PM
Daventry on the 29th - www.ceroccentral.com

Chiswick on the 30th - www.ceroc.com

Berkhamstead on the 31st - www.cerocchilterns.com

And ICE on the 1st - www.cerocmetro.com

(Least, that's my plans! :rolleyes: )

FunkyAngel
22nd-December-2006, 06:45 PM
Twyford is open as usual on the 29th. I wouldn't expect it to be quiet or have loads of space though - it's normally pretty busy even on a regular Friday night. I think it's the normal lesson + freestyle rather than a full freestyle evening. I'm not sure 'cos I'm not planning on being there....

I'm not necessarily admitting that I'm going to all of the following, but some of the things in my diary that week are:
26th nothing closer than Birmingham :sad:
27th Ashtons
28th Glitter Ball Bedford
29th Daventry
30th Chiswick or maybe Gloucester
31st Berko
1st Jan ICE

Trampy - looks like I'll bump in to you at some point that week!

FunkyAngel

TheTramp
22nd-December-2006, 06:49 PM
29th Daventry
30th Chiswick or maybe Gloucester
31st Berko
1st Jan ICE

Trampy - looks like I'll bump in to you at some point that week!

FunkyAngel

Well. About 4 times. Unless you go to Gloucester on the 30th to get a break from seeing me!! :na:

FoxyFunkster
22nd-December-2006, 07:11 PM
actually ceroc metro are running a christmas party on sat the 23rd and a class on the 26th in finchely, see www.cerocmetro.com (http://www.cerocmetro.com), best new years eve spots are either bromley, berkhamsted or franco`s at ealing town hall, the black and white ball at ashtons on the 27th is the best night of the year............enjoy

Minnie M
22nd-December-2006, 07:24 PM
.......best new years eve spots are ......

Personally I think the best NYE party this year will be the Rock Bottom's one at the Bedford Corn Exchange - Rock Bottom always put on a good show and this is their first attempt at a NYE dance so I think it will be EXTRA special - and they do have two great DJs :D :respect:

Little Monkey
28th-December-2006, 01:06 AM
Well, The Wooly One and myself avoided all organised dance events tonight, and went to a church crypt to dance on some graves.:eek:

Honestly.

We did.

One of the graves was a captain who died in 1777. Or was that the baron? Oh, I do get confused, we danced on so many old bones......

It was very nice when some of the onlookers came to tell us how much they enjoyed watching us dance, too (and no, it wasn't the ghosts).:D

Unfortunately graves are quite literally rock hard to dance on, so not good for dance shoes, knees or dodgy backs. Particularly when it's to fast swing and Dixieland.

Oh, and if you're wondering why we spent our evening dancing on ancient graves, it was because T.J. Johnson played in the crypt at St. Martin's in the Field.

Mary
28th-December-2006, 11:25 AM
Twyford is open as usual on the 29th. I wouldn't expect it to be quiet or have loads of space though - it's normally pretty busy even on a regular Friday night. I think it's the normal lesson + freestyle rather than a full freestyle evening. I'm not sure 'cos I'm not planning on being there....

FunkyAngel

Wow, I wondered if Twyford was on this Friday as a regular night. Looks like we'll be going there - lots of chocolate to work off. :blush:

:clap: :clap:

M

SuzyQ
30th-December-2006, 01:33 PM
Anyone else going to Chiswick tonight??
AlmostanAngel and I are planning to go!

xx

Missy D
30th-December-2006, 06:53 PM
I will be there unless I get a phone call:whistle:

Yliander
30th-December-2006, 09:26 PM
Anyone else going to Chiswick tonight??
AlmostanAngel and I are planning to go!

xxi'll be there - eventually I'm very slow going tonight

TheTramp
30th-December-2006, 09:31 PM
Heading there in just a moment! :D

Yliander
30th-December-2006, 11:38 PM
Heading there in just a moment! :D
WAAAAA :tears: that will teach me to dilly dally getting ready - by the time I got there they had reached capacity and I wasn't able to get in :( which was a shame as I was very much looking forward to seeing you and Caro and Little Monkey but *shrug* these things happen - no point getting angry like some people I saw giving Jammy a hard time at the door

well at least I know I will get in tomorrow night - ticket booked inadvance!

David Bailey
31st-December-2006, 12:36 PM
I quite enjoyed Chiswick last night - despite the abysmal floor in the Blues Room, which I managed to overcome with the aid of regular application of illicit substances. Thanks to my supplier for that :wink:

That's the first time I've ever left Chiswick happy - it had to happen at some point I guess :)

tiger
31st-December-2006, 05:38 PM
And (DJ) there was no hype about it. Maybe thats why you enjoyed it,no expectations etc?:)

David Bailey
31st-December-2006, 08:40 PM
And (DJ) there was no hype about it. Maybe thats why you enjoyed it,no expectations etc?:)
Well, it could be just random - if you go to enough Chiswicks, you'll enjoy one of them.

Main tip: if you go to Chiswick, whatever you do, wear slippy shoes - the floor is like quicksand in the Blues room.

I would recommend talcum powder, but apparently that's Frowned On because it damages the floor - much better to damage our knees, of course. :rolleyes:

Andreas
31st-December-2006, 09:15 PM
I too enjoyed Chiswick, though, I left early. Somehow I felt like I had been drugged or so. :sick: The floor was better right at the top of the Blues Room. After my last time at Chiswick, which was the opening night, I believe, I decided to adapt DavidB's technique and it worked quite well. I didn't move a lot, which helped staying at the spot where you started the dance as opposed to ending up at the bottom of the hill. :D Of course that meant that the ladies had to do more leg work, which some of them did not appreciate. :na: :rofl:
Music was interesting, some very nice tracks but also some cool but weird ones.

Thanks to all the ladies that endured dancing with me and made up for my mistakes. :hug:

LilyB
1st-January-2007, 06:24 PM
... After my last time at Chiswick, which was the opening night, I believe, I decided to adapt DavidB's technique ... Not a good idea.

... Of course that meant that the ladies had to do more leg work, which some of them did not appreciate. :na: :rofl: Exactly.:sick:

Thanks to all the ladies that endured dancing with me and made up for my mistakes.:hug: :flower: :hug:

marty_baby
2nd-January-2007, 01:16 PM
What a brill week in London! I'm shattered from it all! Can't be a bad sign! :D

23rd Twyford masked ball:
Really good - some fantastic masks on display - the sisters with the red and green outfits and the matching feathery masks must be the best ones of the night imho :na:

Demos were good as well! :grin:

Ashtons 28th:
1st time to the ball
Will def go again - had a brilliant time :na:
Met some really nice people, and the 2am fini mean't you had some time to actually chat - rather then trying to cram as much dancing in before closing time...

I was the last person out! :D

Twford - Fri:
A std good quality night - like it says on the tin :grin:

Swindon - NYE:
Really good!
Nice to catch up with bristol crowd again
Some people were trying to eat their body weight in chocolate from the choc fountain tho! :rofl:

Martin x