PDA

View Full Version : Help - Salsa in Edinburgh?

Jayne
11th-June-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Could anyone recommend a good salsa venue in Edinburgh for this saturday please? I'm meeting up with an Australian/American friend who'll be in the city for a few days and is a huge salsa fan. The only venue I know is Cuba Norte - does anyone know if there is anywhere better to go?

Thank you in advance!

Jayne
:nice:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
11th-June-2003, 11:19 AM
Hi Jayne....
go here (http://www.salsaholics.co.uk/latinburgh/)

Jayne
11th-June-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush
Hi Jayne....
go here (http://www.salsaholics.co.uk/latinburgh/)

Thanks for the link BB.

I had a look however, and the only thing listed for saturday was an event in Fife and neither of us will have transport.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations?

Thank you!

Jayne
:nice:

CJ
11th-June-2003, 03:15 PM
As far as I know Jayne, El Barrio (West Port) would be a good place to start. Personal choice would then dictate moving to Cuba Norte or staying there.

Shall see what I can find....

Jayne
11th-June-2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks CJ!

J :nice:

mathieg2
12th-June-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi Jayne,

El Barrio should be open on Saturday night, or you could
come through to Glasgow for Salsa Dura which should be
a really good night. Also, Salsa Romantica on Sunday is worth
waiting for if your friend is still around. There's also a live
salsa band in henrys cellar bar on Saturday @ midnight.

All this info is on the events page on my site:

Salsaholics Anonymous (http://salsaholics.co.uk)

Cheers

Graeme :na:

Stubob
26th-June-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by mathieg2

Salsaholics Anonymous (http://salsaholics.co.uk)

Cheers
Graeme :na:
Graeme,

I have been looking for a Salsa class in Stirling for sometime now and checking out your site find that there are two to choose from. My wife and I attended a class last night in the Rowing Club, great class and what a fantastic venue :D

Cheers
Stuart

John S
26th-June-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Stubob
My wife and I attended a class last night in the Rowing Club, great class and what a fantastic venue :D
Hey Franck,
By the sound of it, here's a good venue in Stirling for your new Ceroc class - plenty of guys with good strong arms as well!:nice:

Franck
26th-June-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by John S
Hey Franck,
By the sound of it, here's a good venue in Stirling for your new Ceroc class - plenty of guys with good strong arms as well!:nice: Thanks John, I was already on it... looked at their website and printed all the info :wink:

Still on schedule for August opening in Stirling... :nice:

Franck.

Chicklet
26th-June-2003, 11:47 AM
- plenty of guys with good strong arms as well!:nice:

:D :D :D
hmm, leave work 6pm, wash and brush teeth 6.45pm, pick outfit - it'll be tight but 7.10pm Glasgow to Stirling 7.30pm - for guys with good strong arms, this is a definite possibility!!!And you'll want some friendly girls to go to "mingle" with the fresh blood won't you franck??

Jayne
26th-June-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
And you'll want some friendly girls to go to "mingle" with the fresh blood won't you franck??

yeah, but not *that* friendly chicklet!!!

J :wink:

Chicklet
26th-June-2003, 12:36 PM
Always leave them wanting more???

I thought "just friendly enough" that they want to come back and turn into really good dancers with nice strong leads to go with their nice strong arms.:waycool:

Stubob
26th-June-2003, 01:30 PM
The rowing club as a venue is quite small. The dance floor area is about the same size as the dance floor at the Civil Service Club in Rosyth. It may be a good venue to get Ceroc going in Stirling but if the numbers pick up, and I'm sure they will, then a bigger venue would be required.

One thing that did surprise me last night was how many men attended the class, given that getting men into Ceroc venues seems to be a problem these days.

Stuart

Franck
26th-June-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Stubob
The rowing club as a venue is quite small. The dance floor area is about the same size as the dance floor at the Civil Service Club in Rosyth. It may be a good venue to get Ceroc going in Stirling but if the numbers pick up, and I'm sure they will, then a bigger venue would be required.Thanks for that, I'll take a look anyway, it seems large venues are non-existent in Stirling... :sad:

One thing that did surprise me last night was how many men attended the class, given that getting men into Ceroc venues seems to be a problem these days. Not sure if it is... some nights tend to get more men than women... Last Monday in Glasgow, I was moving the men, and even last night in Glasgow, numbers were balanced!
Here's hoping that men have finally realised that being able to dance was a useful, as well as fun, thing to do :D

Franck.

Grant
26th-June-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Last Monday in Glasgow, I was moving the men, and even last night in Glasgow, numbers were balanced!
Franck.
I noticed, but I thought that it was caused by having less women than usual rather than more men. :tears:

Grant

John S
26th-June-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
........ pick outfit - it'll be tight .......
So no change there, then?

Chicklet
27th-June-2003, 08:49 AM
So no change there, then?
:eek: :D

might be one or two changes actually!!! but all on the theme, probably!!

and here's me thinking you wouldn't know me from Buffy!!!:hug: