PDA

View Full Version : Princess Fi's Geeky Byline.

Beowulf
19th-December-2006, 09:27 AM
As it seems a dead cert that Fi is going to win the title of Geekiest geek (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10777) I thought it would be nice for all her minions to choose the name she shall be known as

("What is the name of the second chocolate cake in the last row?"
"We call that cake Muad'dib"
"Can I be known as Fi Muad'dib?")

sorry.. I distracted myself there... :wink:

make your vote. Am sure a nice Moderator will (a) Add in any further suggestions are they are made and (b) Change her byline to the winner when the polls close ;) :whistle:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-December-2006, 09:46 AM
As it seems a dead cert that Fi is going to win the title of Geekiest geek (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10777) I thought it would be nice for all her minions to choose the name she shall be known as

sorry.. I distracted myself there... :wink:

make your vote. Am sure a nice Moderator will (a) Add in any further suggestions are they are made and (b) Change her byline to the winner when the polls close ;) :whistle:
you are a weirding module you know :)

Princess Fi
19th-December-2006, 09:55 AM
HEY!!!! Why is there YET ANOTHER poll with me on it!?!?!?

Ducasi you are so for it for starting this whole thing!

*pout*

andystyle
19th-December-2006, 10:00 AM
Deal with it...

ducasi
19th-December-2006, 10:07 AM
Ducasi you are so for it for starting this whole thing!
Me? You're the one who did the geek test. :na:

TurboTomato
19th-December-2006, 10:15 AM
How can 'hey why am I on this poll' get 3 votes :confused:

Don't worry though O Great One I voted for Dark Princess of the Geeks :worthy:

Beowulf
19th-December-2006, 10:16 AM

I'm just waiting for what happens when she sees my location.. I got the idea from her Dad :wink:

TurboTomato
19th-December-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm just waiting for what happens when she sees my location.. I got the idea from her Dad :wink:

:rofl: Nice one Beo :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
19th-December-2006, 11:42 AM

Don't worry though O Great One I voted for Dark Princess of the Geeks :worthy:
because its funny ? i almost went for that one :)

Beowulf
19th-December-2006, 12:01 PM

Because it's funny, and a Classic Fi quote that probably sparked all us lot voting for her.

See what I mean ;)

Princess Fi
19th-December-2006, 12:16 PM
See what I mean ;)

OK I'll give you that one. Plus it could be rather amusing to have "Why am I on this poll?!?!?" as my by line

(plus it's less dodgey than Claire S's suggestion:whistle:)

Shodan
19th-December-2006, 12:35 PM
:rofl: Only watched that again recently. :nice:

TurboTomato
19th-December-2006, 12:53 PM
because its funny ? i almost went for that one :)

Because it's funny, and a Classic Fi quote that probably sparked all us lot voting for her.

I don't think I read the poll properly the first time round :rolleyes: I'll get my coat

Beowulf
19th-December-2006, 01:00 PM
:rofl: Only watched that again recently. :nice:

Get a life mode engaged...

I had three copies of the movie on DVD as well as the TV mini series and the sequel Children of Dune mini series.

Needless to say I've read all the books many many times and have played Dune 2000 on my computer until my eyes turned blue within blue ;)

oh yeah.. and it's very sad to say but the tacked on opening monologue by Princess Irulan.. I know it word for word.. inflection by inflection (mind you it is better than the "animated" opening sequence for the extended TV version..)

I had best stop.. I'm nerding myself out now! :blush:

Get a life mode disengaged.

Dreadful Scathe
19th-December-2006, 01:13 PM
Get a life mode engaged...

I had three copies of the movie on DVD as well as the TV mini series and the sequel Children of Dune mini series.

Needless to say I've read all the books many many times and have played Dune 2000 on my computer until my eyes turned blue within blue ;)

oh yeah.. and it's very sad to say but the tacked on opening monologue by Princess Irulan.. I know it word for word.. inflection by inflection (mind you it is better than the "animated" opening sequence for the extended TV version..)

I had best stop.. I'm nerding myself out now! :blush:

Get a life mode disengaged.
I liked Stings over the top acting :)

David Franklin
19th-December-2006, 01:51 PM
I had best stop.. I'm nerding myself out now! :blush: Don't you mean weirding yourself out?

Have you read National Lampoon's Doon? (It's actually pretty good)!

ducasi
19th-December-2006, 02:03 PM
Personally, I think Fi's "byline" (it's really called a title, folks) should be "The Random Redhead". :)

Princess Fi
19th-December-2006, 02:07 PM
Personally, I think Fi's "byline" ... should be "The Random Redhead".

Now you are just trying to get yourself back into my good books ;)

(But I'll let the boys get back to talking about TV/films/quotes that I've never heard of/seen/get)

Stuart M
19th-December-2006, 03:55 PM
I liked Stings over the top acting :)
Sting in shorts *shudder*

Plus, another of Patrick Stewart's slumming it "but usually I'm doing stuff with the RSC, you know" moments. Not as bad as Lifeforce, admittedly :rofl:

Beowulf
22nd-December-2006, 12:34 PM
am SOOOOO glad that Fi is still winning.. I had this horrible thought

for a while there it seemed like I was catching up .. and on this poll
"Dark Princess of the geeks" was winning.. I had this horrible image of this thread backfiring on me..

Beowulf1970
Dark Princess of the geeks :blush:

hehe

VOTE FI.. for my sanity PLEASE VOTE FI !!

Princess Fi
22nd-December-2006, 12:51 PM
am SOOOOO glad that Fi is still winning.. I had this horrible thought

for a while there it seemed like I was catching up .. and on this poll
"Dark Princess of the geeks" was winning.. I had this horrible image of this thread backfiring on me..

Beowulf1970
Dark Princess of the geeks :blush:

hehe

VOTE FI.. for my sanity PLEASE VOTE FI !!

:rofl:

That's just going to provoke a whole host of Pro Wulf votes (and considering you are only 2 behind me... oh wait - I just remembered I've not voted yet! :na:)

TurboTomato
22nd-December-2006, 01:17 PM

That's just going to provoke a whole host of Pro Wulf votes (and considering you are only 2 behind me... oh wait - I just remembered I've not voted yet! :na:)

I sense my allegiance may be changing (only temporarily though o great one :worthy: )

Beowulf
22nd-December-2006, 05:45 PM
nasty hobbitses !!

anyway's... Beo not need to be dark princess.. Poll tied for Dark princess or Hey why my name on poll.

(Hmm meesa starts off talking like Gollum.. and meesa ends up speaking like Jar jar Binks. .. much confusion in me I sense.. hmm. Now speak like Yoda do I... :confused:)

Claire S
22nd-December-2006, 09:03 PM
(plus it's less dodgey than Claire S's suggestion:whistle:)So many people have asked me.... :innocent:
Forum Screamer! (it's a long & sordid story...) :whistle: :D

ducasi
22nd-December-2006, 10:31 PM
Beo not need to be dark princess.. Poll tied for Dark princess or Hey why my name on poll.
Funny thing is, we can change our votes (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/poll.php?do=unvote&pollid=750) on this poll too... :whistle:

Ghost
24th-December-2006, 09:22 PM
Funny thing is, we can change our votes (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/poll.php?do=unvote&pollid=750) on this poll too... :whistle:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Ok I clicked on the link and it withdrew my vote - but I hadn't voted yet

ducasi
24th-December-2006, 09:34 PM
Ok I clicked on the link and it withdrew my vote - but I hadn't voted yet
Normally you don't get a "withdraw vote" link unless you have already voted, so the forum software doesn't expect you to try to withdraw your vote if you haven't already voted.

So have you now voted for Beowulf's new title? ;)

Beowulf
28th-December-2006, 11:33 AM
Normally you don't get a "withdraw vote" link unless you have already voted, so the forum software doesn't expect you to try to withdraw your vote if you haven't already voted.

So have you now voted for Beowulf's new title? ;)

yeah I withdrew my vote.. but it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference...:rolleyes:

B*****ds I hate the lot of you !! :angry: :wink:

Princess Fi
5th-January-2007, 12:09 AM
B*****ds I hate the lot of you !! :angry:

nah - not convincing enough. Its all in the eyes Beo - try again!