PDA

View Full Version : Smilies not working

JoC
17th-December-2006, 01:36 PM
The smilies don't seem to be working for me anymore (possibly through lack of use). Nothing happens when I click on them. Any clues what's wrong anyone...?

Lynn
17th-December-2006, 01:52 PM
Maybe there has been an SSO - Smilies System Overload?

Sorry, no idea why they aren't working for you - is it a membership level thing perhaps?

Have you tried doing it the old fashioned way with a : hug: (leaving out the space between the : and hug of course)?

:hug:

ducasi
17th-December-2006, 02:08 PM
The smilies don't seem to be working for me anymore (possibly through lack of use). Nothing happens when I click on them. Any clues what's wrong anyone...? Dunno. Works OK for me. :)

JoC
17th-December-2006, 03:14 PM

old-fashioned it is for me

thank you

:flower:

DavidY
17th-December-2006, 04:47 PM
Minnie said she had smilie problems. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=321223&postcount=64)

Also Dance Cat was having problems (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=321361&highlight=smilies#post321361) too.

So don't think it's just Jo.:hug:

dance cat
17th-December-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks David- it's not just the smilies I'm having problems with it's also the fact that I can't see half the screen when I'm writing my post. The message box has migrated to the right and won't move. I think someone else was having problems with this too. I also can't insert pictures so if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.:cheers:

cheeks
29th-December-2006, 12:16 AM
Hey all,

don't think it's necessary a problem with the smilies in general....but since forum upgrades it seems that when posting or sending pm's all smilies are not shown and the smilies in last colomn to right of screen do not appear .....so we miss the flower smilie, the yeah that smilie etc...........have tested on other pc's and appears to be a general prob rather than just with my pc, also I hold a membership so not even due to being just a registered user.............................................. ........

Pauline.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-December-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey all,

don't think it's necessary a problem with the smilies in general....but since forum upgrades it seems that when posting or sending pm's all smilies are not shown and the smilies in last colomn to right of screen do not appear .....so we miss the flower smilie, the yeah that smilie etc...........have tested on other pc's and appears to be a general prob rather than just with my pc, also I hold a membership so not even due to being just a registered user.............................................. ........

they all appear fine for me - are you using a dodgy browser, like internet explorer ? :) What you can do is just type in the name of what you want with colons round it so change these semis to "full" and you're there ;flower; ;eek; ;respect; ;whistle; ;love; ;wink; ;awe; ... :) :love: :flower: :whistle:

ducasi
29th-December-2006, 11:08 AM
What theme are you using?

I use metallic, and sure enough, some of the smilies are off the edge of the window when I'm composing a message.

Things to try...

A different theme.
Opening the browser window wider.
The smiley menu above the compose box.

Hope this helps. :flower:

Twirly
29th-December-2006, 11:22 AM
Smilies work fine for me (even in my dodgy browser :rolleyes: ) But one thing that I have noticed is that they are always appearing in different places in the box on the right. Moving smilies. Takes some time to track the right one down sometimes. And not always sure about just typing it in as can't always remember...

Just an observation.

ducasi
29th-December-2006, 12:28 PM
[...] one thing that I have noticed is that they are always appearing in different places in the box on the right. Moving smilies. [...]
Yeah they do that – just to keep you on your toes, I reckon. ;)