PDA

View Full Version : News from OZ

TheTramp
9th-June-2003, 08:39 AM
Hiya all

Just a quickie. Am at a friends house, and about to go out dancing. Again!!

So. No medals in the comp :( But almost..... Did make it into the final of the Advanced Open, and the Advanced DWAS. And in the semi final of the Advanced Classical. Which was very nice. Considering the circumstances.

Have had great fun. And met lots of great people. Am teaching for Nicky this week on Thursday, before heading over to NZ for a couple of days over the weekend (and also teaching and doing a demo over there). Then back to Oz, and up to Brisbane, and again doing some teaching there. And then the last week and a half of complete rest and no dancing at all.

More later. Time to dance :D

Steve

Chicklet
9th-June-2003, 09:07 AM
G'day

good to hear from you!!!

glad you're having a good time, keep up the good work!!

Cx:kiss:

Gary
9th-June-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Am teaching for Nicky this week on Thursday...

And there's a bunch of us looking forward to it :-) I was very impressed with Steve and Tova's efforts, particularly with so little time practicing together.

TheTramp
10th-June-2003, 08:36 AM
Well thank you Mr. Capell :) It was good to meet you. And the other 4654321354564 people that I've met over the last few days. Am looking forward to Thursday night :D Hopefully I'll have a few things that you haven't seen before!!

Am now in Melbourne, sitting in 'The Space', which is Deb (Cantoni - who won the showcase and came 2nd in the open in London in May) company. Just arrived here today for 2 days. Melbourne looks really nice so far.

Having a great time. Although obviously missing everyone over there, and thinking about you all the time :D

See you soon!

Steve

Graham
10th-June-2003, 12:14 PM
It was good to meet you. And the other 4654321354564 people that I've met over the last few days. I take it there's some kind of UFO convention going on? :wink:

Lou
10th-June-2003, 01:11 PM
And the other 4654321354564 people that I've met over the last few days.
:rofl: @Graham.

Or perhaps it's simply their phone number? :wink:

Debster
10th-June-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Lou
Or perhaps it's simply their phone number? :wink:

Nah, it would have to start with 61 being in Australia ;)

BTW - Well done Steve and Tova :) That's a very good result. Don't forget to come back and dance with us again Steve.

Tiggerbabe
10th-June-2003, 07:23 PM

Am looking forward to Thursday night :D Hopefully I'll have a few things that you haven't seen before!!

Steve

:sorry :confused: Speechless!:wink:

TheTramp
11th-June-2003, 03:32 AM
OKie. So I might have been exaggarating just a little. Thanks for pointing that out though Graham. And it's a very nice graph!

And Sheena. If you can just keep your mind out of the gutter. Just for a little time. Please. :na: :hug:

Weather update. Melbourne very sunny and warm (though, all the Aussies are freezing!!). Soon to head off to tropical climes. Just booked my 3 day sailing trip round the Whitsunday Islands on a tall ship :D

Steve

Gary
11th-June-2003, 03:42 AM
[B] Just booked my 3 day sailing trip round the Whitsunday Islands on a tall ship :D
/B]

Whitsundays are nice, that's around where I grew up.

Chicklet
11th-June-2003, 08:45 AM

Just booked my 3 day sailing trip round the Whitsunday Islands on a tall ship :D

Steve

I guess this means you'll be back on Whitwednesday then??

John S
11th-June-2003, 09:23 AM
Soon to head off to tropical climes. Just booked my 3 day sailing trip round the Whitsunday Islands on a tall ship :D

Steve
Yeah, right, tell us about the hard life you're having, make us all feel sorry for you, why don't you?;)

Have a great time!

Tiggerbabe
11th-June-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by gcapell
that's around where I grew up.

FRANCK! FRANCK! There's a grown-up sneaked onto the forum :what: :wink:

horsey_dude
12th-June-2003, 07:17 PM
I'm glad to hear they are treating you well! When do we get to see the photos?

HD

Hiya all

Just a quickie. Am at a friends house, and about to go out dancing. Again!!

So. No medals in the comp :( But almost..... Did make it into the final of the Advanced Open, and the Advanced DWAS. And in the semi final of the Advanced Classical. Which was very nice. Considering the circumstances.

Have had great fun. And met lots of great people. Am teaching for Nicky this week on Thursday, before heading over to NZ for a couple of days over the weekend (and also teaching and doing a demo over there). Then back to Oz, and up to Brisbane, and again doing some teaching there. And then the last week and a half of complete rest and no dancing at all.

More later. Time to dance :D

Steve

John S
12th-June-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
FRANCK! FRANCK! There's a grown-up sneaked onto the forum :what: :wink:
Maybe he's expecting ADULTery?
:wink:

Tiggerbabe
13th-June-2003, 01:55 AM
:rofl: :rofl: That's funny John, very funny!

TheTramp
16th-June-2003, 04:13 AM
Whee. Made it up to Brisbane. Nice and hot and sunny here today. About to go out sightseeing.

Am teaching at Le Step tonight. Should be fun. And maybe go dancing tomorrow too. Then no more dancing until I get back I think. Just lots of sea and sand and stuff.

Decided to head to Fraser Island on Wednesday for a 2 day trip there. It's the largest sand island in the world. And looks quite spectacular. Can't wait for that too :D

Am now halfway through my holiday, and I think that today is where the rest part really starts. When I leave Brisbane on Wednesday morning, I don't think I'll have access again until I get to Cairns a week later. So you might all be spared having to read my babblings.

Steve

Lou
16th-June-2003, 09:44 AM
Hi Steve,
If you get to travel around Brisbane, look out for a suburb called Lutwyche as it was founded by one of my husband's ancestors.... :what:

Sal
19th-June-2003, 01:03 PM
I found him! He is hiding here -

http://www.cerocdance.com.au/championships.htm

I think he has taken his faithful human rucksack and naked sock puppet for company!:devil:

Only joking, great picture, Steve.

Andy McGregor
19th-June-2003, 03:05 PM
Hopefully I'll have a few things that you haven't seen before!!

I have seen those things.

I've even hung off them upside-down in fishnets and a gold thong - it wasn't easy as they're difficult to grip and quite slippery...:sick:

TheTramp
21st-June-2003, 04:24 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Sal....

There's actually 2 pics of me there. If you can work out the other one that is!!

Steve

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
22nd-June-2003, 05:28 PM
Steve the tramp- I assume this is you here:-

http://www.cerocdance.com.au/photos/champs_2003/ceroc_5.asp

The only photo where I recognised someone. Are you the same Steve who'll be teaching at Jive Extras in Edinburgh?

Tiggerbabe
22nd-June-2003, 09:26 PM
Would this be you then?

Andy McGregor
23rd-June-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Would this be you then?

That is definitely not The Tramp. There is an uncanny likeness and I know The Tramp has a pair of identical red high-heeled shoes. However, the thing that means it can't be The Tramp is the total absence of sweat...:devil:

TheTramp
24th-June-2003, 09:18 AM
Yeah. Those are both me. (Sorry about the lack of sweat, and didn't Camille do well after borrowing my red high heels).

And yes, I'm teaching at Jive Extras in August. Assuming that I do get on the plane home on Thursday (just 2 more days :tears:), and don't go missing in the outback....

Steve

PS. The tall ship thing was just fantastic!!!

Andy McGregor
24th-June-2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah. Those are both me. (Sorry about the lack of sweat, and didn't Camille do well after borrowing my red high heels).

Are you in that crumpled pile of clothes next to The Tramp's red high-heels?