PDA

View Full Version : Vegas in Aberdeen

Tiggerbabe
8th-June-2003, 12:35 PM
What a fab night - and yeah, ok, dressing up was part of the fun!

Headed up to Aberdeen with Heather, Linda and Alex for a Vegas night - never having been to one before. Music was mostly danceable, with some great variations on tracks sometimes played at ceroc nights. We had plenty room to dance - although later in the evening (morning :wink: ) it got busier. (Alex would appreciate some company next time though guys - think it'll take him the best part of next week to recover - boy was he glad when Bill and Fran arrived :wink: )

We're with you though, Franck, on your "mission" to get people "dancing" - handed out the ceroc office number a few times and were told by one girl that we all totally "kicked A**"
:D - she was with a group of 25 students who all want to learn to ceroc now :waycool:

Think you might be busy on Monday - hope you weren't planning a lazy day............:kiss: :hug:

linda
8th-June-2003, 02:51 PM
What a fab night - and yeah,ok,dressing up was part of the fun!

Absolutely Sheena, we all had a great time, compliments on the dancing, compliments on the tiaras, and an offer to stroke a very furry sporran!!:grin: :grin:

Linda
:hug: :kiss:

Heather
8th-June-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by linda
[B] and an offer to stroke a very furry sporran!!

Linda

:D :D Which of course, we did decline!!!!:innocent: :wink: After all, we are very good girls !!:wink:
Have to agree about Vegas, great fun, haven't had as much fun dressing up since I used to play in the 'housie corner' at school (and I was the teacher!!!:rofl: ).

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Stuart M
25th-June-2003, 12:54 PM
Apparently the July Glasgow Vegas night (26th) is not at the small, dodgy-floored Renfrew Ferry as usual, but at the Barrowlands Ballroom with a live band.

There is a sprung floor at the BB(Glasgow) allegedly, but I think the long years of pogoing at gigs (and before that a rollerskating venue I think!) may have taken their toll...

Anyone ever danced on it, aside from the aforementioned concert-style jumping about?

SwingSwingSwing
25th-June-2003, 01:13 PM
if it's anything like the last time Vegas has Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at the Barrowlands (1 year ago? 2?) , then it will be absolutely mobbed, with no room to dance except at the back and the floor will be swimming in beer. :(

SwingSwingSwing

Dreadful Scathe
25th-June-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
What a fab night - and yeah, ok, dressing up was part of the fun!

I enjoyed watching the many changes and themes of the MAd crews clothing. How many time zones exist within your wardrobes Sheena?

:D :D

Stuart M
25th-June-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
if it's anything like the last time Vegas has Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at the Barrowlands (1 year ago? 2?) , then it will be absolutely mobbed, with no room to dance except at the back and the floor will be swimming in beer. :(

SwingSwingSwing

:(

And there's me with some ridiculous new shirts that belong in the 50's looking for a place to go...well, OK, one shirt...

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
How many time zones exist within your wardrobes Sheena?

Is this a Red Dwarf reference, DS?

He asks, trying to see just how far off-topic he can pull a thread...

Chicklet
25th-June-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
He asks, trying to see just how far off-topic he can pull a thread...[/I]
It'll be CS Lewis won't it?

Dreadful Scathe
25th-June-2003, 02:18 PM

Is this a Red Dwarf reference, DS?

He asks, trying to see just how far off-topic he can pull a thread...

No pulling of threads, you'll unravel something, and then people would be naked and THEN what would happen ? :what:

No it wasnt a Red Dwarf reference but it does sound familiar now that you mention it :)

Stuart M
25th-June-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
It'll be CS Lewis won't it?
I'd forgotten that one - although we could get pedantic and suggest that Narnia wasn't big enough to have multiple time zones...:rolleyes:

I was referring to an RD episode where the Cat brags about his wardrobe. The line was something like "it's so big, that when it's 12 o'clock for my shoes, it's still 9 in the morning for my suits..."

Bill
25th-June-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing

SwingSwingSwing

That sounds familiar !!!:sick: ........however, they are a great live band and luckily they are playing the Lemon Tree in Aberdeen the night before so I'll see them again.

Anyone from Aberdeen who is around then should go get a ticket now. They really are wonderful. :cheers:

Jayne
25th-June-2003, 05:02 PM
Apparently the July Glasgow Vegas night (26th) is not at the small, dodgy-floored Renfrew Ferry as usual, but at the Barrowlands Ballroom with a live band.

So is this a pure Vegas night or the Big bad voodoo daddy night?

J

:confused:

Stuart M
26th-June-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Jayne
So is this a pure Vegas night or the Big bad voodoo daddy night?

J

:confused:

BBVD night - details some way down the events page here (http://www.ren-com.com/vegas/index.htm)

:nice:

xSalsa_Angelx
26th-June-2003, 10:42 AM
when is this Vegas night on in the Lemon Tree??

Sounds like good fun, I might go along..!! :cheers: :hug:

Bill
2nd-July-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
when is this Vegas night on in the Lemon Tree??

Sounds like good fun, I might go along..!! :cheers: :hug:

I think there's a Vegas night at the Forum - possibly this Saturday but not sure. The Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gig is on at the Lemon Tree on Friday 25th. They really are great.

And there's another very good rock/rockabilly band playing there this Monday ( 7th) called BR 459.

xSalsa_Angelx
2nd-July-2003, 03:30 PM
thanks Bill,will check it out..!!! :cheers: