PDA

View Full Version : annoyances with forum auto censor

Beowulf
13th-December-2006, 01:23 PM
especially when discussing things like Foodstu*** and ****tails

is there not a way to make auto censored words that appear in the middle of others get past?

not a major problem but sometimes does mean having to play word games in your head to get the meaning of a phrase.

Warwick
13th-December-2006, 01:53 PM
especially when discussing things like Foodstu*** and ****tails

is there not a way to make auto censored words that appear in the middle of others get past?

not a major problem but sometimes does mean having to play word games in your head to get the meaning of a phrase.

So, we can't discuss garden birds such as blue-tits, How about planets like uranus? I assume metals like titanium are out of the question. Can anyone work out the base list with some analysis.

So have Arsenal moved out of highbury, and are the still managed by Arsene Wenger.

Anyone know how to navigate using a sextant.

Beowulf
13th-December-2006, 01:55 PM
So, we can't discuss garden birds such as blue-tits, How about planets like uranus? I assume metals like titanium are out of the question. Can anyone work out the base list with some analysis.

So have Arsenal moved out of highbury, and are the still managed by Arsene Wenger.

Anyone know how to navigate using a sextant.

just goes to show how odd it is.. as it blocks the f f and s of foodstu*** but allows me to discuss spotted dick :confused:

Warwick
13th-December-2006, 02:09 PM
just goes to show how odd it is.. as it blocks the f f and s of foodstu*** but allows me to discuss spotted dick :confused:

Don't forget S****horpe.

Princess Fi
13th-December-2006, 02:17 PM
The F F S one is weird - Freya used that in a thread title for a thread when we were going down to London and it never censored it

(does this mean it OK to swear in thread titles then?)

ducasi
13th-December-2006, 02:32 PM
The censor has been tightened up recently. Maybe some fine-tuning with some curly braces is needed... :)

David Franklin
13th-December-2006, 02:39 PM
***! (Doesn't seem too hard to get round...)

TheTramp
13th-December-2006, 06:24 PM

Yeah. But nowhere near as bad as those stupid smileys that people use on MSN! :angry:

David Bailey
28th-March-2007, 03:09 PM
Is the censor working at all now?

Franck
28th-March-2007, 03:17 PM
Is the censor working at all now?Yes, it should be, I have fixed it (it was broken) so a selection of rude words will be replaced by asterisks automatically, e.g. **** **** **** **** *******s ***** *** *** etc...

I have also fixed the irritating removal of letters in the middle of an inocuous word like Scunthorpe!

Any suggestions for more censored words can be made by PM or on this thread.

LMC
28th-March-2007, 03:40 PM

Hotshot
Clique

and any other variation of the above

EDIT: Oh, and Call Me

Martin
28th-March-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, it should be, I have fixed it (it was broken) so a selection of rude words will be replaced by asterisks automatically, e.g. **** **** **** **** *******s ***** *** *** etc...

I have also fixed the irritating removal of letters in the middle of an inocuous word like Scunthorpe!

Yeah Franck, can you censor the word **** ... really bad one that.....