PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any dance scars.???

Trouble
11th-December-2006, 10:48 PM
I had my toes painted on Friday for my weekend in Aberdeen and whilst it was being beautifully frenched :D the lady asked me why one toenail was white and the other normal in colour. It brought tears to my eyes as i remembered the incident two years ago ...... I was dancing with a beginner who managed to rip my toenail off with his big club foot catching the very tip of my nail whilst he did a forward step. :tears: :tears: :tears: it virtually came right off and bled for a long time, my toe then proceeded to go black and the nail fell off. Unfortunately, it has never grown back the same colour.
:what:

so i wondered, do any of you have war wounds from dancing..???

Lynn
11th-December-2006, 11:13 PM
Worst I think was a similar incident - when dancing AT at a practica, my (very tall) partner kept almost landing on my (in open toe tango shoes) foot as we practiced a move. Until, at last, he succeeded in standing on me with his (rather large) foot. I winced, and hobbled on but he drove my nail right into my toe and it took a while to heal and felt odd for ages. :tears:

I didn't want him to feel bad, it was a genuine accident, but I've had horses standing on my foot and it wasn't as sore. :( (Then again I didn't wear high heeled open toed shoes to muck out the stables.)

Minnie M
11th-December-2006, 11:16 PM
...... I was dancing with a beginner who managed to rip my toenail off with his big club foot catching the very tip of my nail whilst he did a forward step. :tears: :tears: :tears: it virtually came right off and bled for a long time, my toe then proceeded to go black and the nail fell off. Unfortunately, it has never grown back the same colour.....
:tears: I have one of those toes too :tears: next to the big one on my left foot - still hurts ocassionally too :eek:

I twisted my ankle on an uneven stone at Southport in June this year - I am still having problems with that too - hope that won't be a permanent injury :sad:

TheTramp
12th-December-2006, 12:06 AM
Were you meaning physical or mental?!? :flower:

Lee Bartholomew
12th-December-2006, 11:41 AM
I've suffered a few.

Had a woman badly bruise my foot at Camber by doing a double spin on it.

Also had somone shatter one of my teeth by spinning and elbowing me in the face.

Gav
12th-December-2006, 11:45 AM
Only mental scars Trouble :na:

Dizzy
12th-December-2006, 11:56 AM
I have a scar down my shin where a lady wearing stilletos on a packed dance floor scraped her heel right down my shin and drew blood :angry:

Lee Bartholomew
12th-December-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a scar down my shin where a lady wearing stilletos on a packed dance floor scraped her heel right down my shin and drew blood :angry:

Why did she have pens on the dance floor? How come you were standing still long enough for her to draw on you? Did'nt you say something?

Lory
12th-December-2006, 12:08 PM
I've definitely lost several thousand hairs over the years on various bits of clothing and jewellery, in fact, I'm amazed I'm not bald :confused: :na:

Gav
12th-December-2006, 12:18 PM
I've definitely lost several thousand hairs over the years on various bits of clothing and jewellery, in fact, I'm amazed I'm not bald :confused: :na:

and I thought that was just your way of trapping men on the dance floor? :whistle:

Stuart M
12th-December-2006, 12:48 PM
Why did she have pens on the dance floor? How come you were standing still long enough for her to draw on you?
That's what happens at Ceroc Royston Vasey*. Pauline the taxi's way of pointing out what you're doing wrong.

On topic, somehow managed to have three different pairs of glasses knocked off, and all survived. Beyond that no injuries to speak of.

*Ceroc Royston Vasey - I can just imagine it...

Lee Bartholomew
12th-December-2006, 12:53 PM
That's what happens at Ceroc Royston Vasey*. Pauline the taxi's way of pointing out what you're doing wrong.

On topic, somehow managed to have three different pairs of glasses knocked off, and all survived. Beyond that no injuries to speak of.

*Ceroc Royston Vasey - I can just imagine it...

One of my reg venues has at least 4 lookalike of characters off League of gentlemen. Do you know how hard it is to dance with Tubbs?

Stuart M
12th-December-2006, 12:59 PM
One of my reg venues has at least 4 lookalike of characters off League of gentlemen. Do you know how hard it is to dance with Tubbs?
Of course not - she only dances at her local venue, and it's for local people.

Tessalicious
12th-December-2006, 02:26 PM
Had a woman badly bruise my foot at Camber by doing a double spin on it.

Also had somone shatter one of my teeth by spinning and elbowing me in the face.:whistle:

(sorry, woodface, but I had to beat Andy to it. I don't mean it :flower: )

Dan Hudson
12th-December-2006, 02:40 PM

I have a whole 'Lory' wig if you want some back:devil:

Lee Bartholomew
12th-December-2006, 03:16 PM
:whistle:

(sorry, woodface, but I had to beat Andy to it. I don't mean it :flower: )

Was waiting for andy to post that :grin:.

She must have been good though as she double spinned on a non-flat surface and didn't even wobble. My white shoes wern't very white after that.

straycat
12th-December-2006, 03:27 PM
I have no dance-related (physical) scars, and I really don't want any - if only because my collection of non-dance-related ones is far too extensive, and apparently still growing... :tears:

Trouble
12th-December-2006, 05:35 PM
Were you meaning physical or mental?!? :flower:

i was talking physical but do share any mental ones..... :whistle:

straycat
12th-December-2006, 06:04 PM
i was talking physical but do share any mental ones..... :whistle:

No. ;)

Trouble
12th-December-2006, 06:08 PM
No. ;)

Thats a no then. :D

straycat
12th-December-2006, 06:09 PM
Thats a no then. :D

Yes. ;)

Lory
12th-December-2006, 08:07 PM
I have a whole 'Lory' wig if you want some back:devil:

It's OK darling, keep it, it looks good on you :wink:

Trouble
13th-December-2006, 01:09 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: just choked on my tea.. another dance scar. burn of the leg. Mind you Lory, i definately swallowed some of your hair in the past. It normally forced down my throat from the whiplash of ya spins. I could up hair balls after ceroc weekends. :D :D

Lory
13th-December-2006, 08:44 AM
Mind you Lory, i definately swallowed some of your hair in the past. It normally forced down my throat from the whiplash of ya spins. I could up hair balls after ceroc weekends. :D :D

:really: :blush: Its OK, you can keep those too! ;) :rofl:

Lee Bartholomew
13th-December-2006, 08:50 AM

And I thought I had too much time on my hands. :rofl:

Shodan
13th-December-2006, 12:41 PM
No lasting war wounds.

But at a salsa class a lady with high heels managed to put her heel down inside my shoe by my ankle. Theres a lovely vein there (right foot, left side just behind the ankle). This fortunately didnt make me bleed by damaged the area sufficiently that it "cut off power" to my foot and lower leg and I couldn't stand on it. Obviously hurt like hell and I would fall over. This lasted about 30minutes.

Also whilst doing a cross-drop (or whatever name you use - crucifix drop etc) in Jive a lady decided to literally dive to the floor before I lead it and also took none of her weight. This put my back out for 3 weeks.

Likewise I went to do a "Swoopy Bounce Out" thingy. Again a lady decided to lead herself into the "Swoopy drop" completely unlead by me. Again whilst saving her from headbanging the floor I put my back out.

Gav
13th-December-2006, 12:47 PM
Also whilst doing a cross-drop (or whatever name you use - crucifix drop etc) in Jive a lady decided to literally dive to the floor before I lead it and also took none of her weight. This put my back out for 3 weeks.

Likewise I went to do a "Swoopy Bounce Out" thingy. Again a lady decided to lead herself into the "Swoopy drop" completely unlead by me. Again whilst saving her from headbanging the floor I put my back out.

It seems to be a common problem for followers, that if they've only ever learnt that a drop or lean follows from a certain move, you lead something else and give no hint that you're leading any kind of drop or lean and they throw themselves at the floor instead of waiting for the lead. That's been discussed to death elsewhere though.

whitetiger1518
13th-December-2006, 03:24 PM
A weak right ankle plagues me from time to time - It doesn't really stop me - just gives me an excuse to haunt the blues room :rofl:

Oh and an old scar from a ceilidh... I fell and a good friend who hadn't realised I had fallen stepped back onto my calf with her stillettos - Ouch that one hurt :eek:

Whitetiger

Andy McGregor
13th-December-2006, 06:00 PM
I have an internal injury that will never go away. A few years ago I snapped my hamstring in my left leg doing the splits on a dancefloor in Cowes :tears: My doctor has advised me that the operation to re-connect it will not succeed and that I should live with the injury. I live with it and most of the time I forget it's there.