PDA

View Full Version : Dance Shoes Shop in Dundee?

Lynn
8th-December-2006, 01:14 AM
Plus i am thinking abt getting dance shoes since the shoes i use just now are getting ruined and they are my going out shoes!! Do you think Santa Claus will get them for me? Oh, now you're getting down to the important things. Dance shoes. Yep, ask Santa. (I've 'treated' myself to new shoes the past two Christmases, none this Christmas as I've already bought enough pairs this year!)

As well as being nice to look at, dance shoes do help your dancing, balance, spinning etc. So you can justify getting them from a practical point of view. (OK, that's was my reason for getting my first few pairs, I've given up finding 'reasons' anymore, I just love dance shoes, that's reason enough these days...)

Glad you're still enjoying the classes. See you at Blaze! :flower:

Andy McGregor
8th-December-2006, 05:33 AM
as I've already bought enough pairs this year!Wash your mouth out with soap and water! You can never have enough dance shoes. Think of all the designs, in all the colours, fabrics, heel heights, lace-ups, buckles, velcro fastening, glittery, shiny, snake skin, crocodile, zebra stripes, etc, etc. Go on, admit you need new dance shoes, don't fight it.

Love,

Andy
Shoe Pimp:innocent:

Lynn
8th-December-2006, 02:00 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap and water! You can never have enough dance shoes. Think of all the designs, in all the colours, fabrics, heel heights, lace-ups, buckles, velcro fastening, glittery, shiny, snake skin, crocodile, zebra stripes, etc, etc. Go on, admit you need new dance shoes, don't fight it.No, no, must resist! I've been looking in catalogues, I've been tempted. But I'll wait till after Christmas. There are a couple of pairs I'm thinking of...

I'm not even counting how many pairs I already have now. But there's always room for another pair. :innocent:
(The rather sad thing is I don't have that many nice non dance shoes and at a recent posh work do I ended up wearing a pair of dance shoes. Had the advantage of being comfy to wear all night but thank goodness the only music was a string quartet as there was a lovely marble floor and it would have been tempting otherwise!)

Go for it HC. Ask Santa really nicely then post us a pic of your new shoes.

Husky_Cat
8th-December-2006, 03:50 PM
heehe, what dance shoes website do you recommend ? it has to be good pricewise and good fit, I definately want it sparkly just like me!! i have many non dance shoes for going out but i still adore shoes!!

I have looked at heavenly shoes website it look good but slightly unsure about it as i dont know what exact fit it will be.

I do hope Santa get them for me :D :D

Shona
xxx
:hug:

Lynn
9th-December-2006, 02:23 AM
heehe, what dance shoes website do you recommend ? it has to be good pricewise and good fit, I definately want it sparkly just like me!! i have many non dance shoes for going out but i still adore shoes!!

I have looked at heavenly shoes website it look good but slightly unsure about it as i dont know what exact fit it will be. Heavenly make your shoes to order, so in theory you should be able to send details of your size and they make them to suit (I'm not quite sure how it works as I ordered mine by going into the shop - but I got a width fitting a size smaller than the length as I have narrow feet.) Though of course you don't really know if they fit till you get them. The advantage is that you get to pick colour, heel style, strap, fabric, sole etc - and they cost in and around the same as buying regular dance shoes.

They are closing for a month I think so you might not be able to get shoes in time for Christmas - but can definitely get sparkly ones. I got a pinkish all sparkly strappy pair last Christmas from Heavenly - they're lovely. Though even with many different pairs, I often tend to end up wearing the same 2 or 3 really comfy ones most of the time.

I prefer to try on shoes - once I know what size I am in a certain make of shoe then I can order via websites. (Eg I found Freed were a good fit for me, no stockists in NI, so I have to order or buy at dance weekenders). It might be worth asking round your local venue to see what other folk have and trying for width etc.

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 10:53 AM
There are normally shoe stalls at the weekenders too.

Also keep an eye on the classified section of the forum (doesn't get used enough IMO) and ebay (shome cheap pairs on there but not sure how good).

David Bailey
10th-December-2006, 02:32 PM
There are normally shoe stalls at the weekenders too.
Which are definitely not value for money, but at least you can try them out.

I reckon the best bet is to get measured well once, then try online - that's the best deals you'll get.

I dunno about secondhand shoes though - you'd need to see their condition.

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't get second hand ones though but people do buy them by mistake IE don't fit or they brought them for a wife that has since left them etc.

ducasi
10th-December-2006, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't get second hand ones though but people do buy them by mistake IE don't fit or they brought them for a wife that has since left them etc.
Why would a woman leave a man who is prepared to buy them shoes? And wouldn't she take them with her? :confused:

BTW, the word is "bought", not "brought" – check a dictionary if you're not sure of the difference. ;)

Lynn
10th-December-2006, 07:38 PM
Which are definitely not value for money, but at least you can try them out. Then again having to pay postage, and send a pair back etc, often ends up costing as much. I like to try on shoes. But agreed, once you know what size fits you in a particular brand of shoe, you can shop around.

And its a bit different for men maybe? I know that I need a really comfortable, good fit in a pair of shoes that I'm going to wear with bare feet. If wearing lace up shoes with socks then its just the general fit I need to worry about, not how the straps are sitting across my foot, whether they are going to rub, if I need to punch extra holes in the ankle strap etc.

Husky_Cat
10th-December-2006, 10:16 PM
I have got to agree with Lynn there, it is better to try them in the shops and you can see how it looks on the feet!

will have a nosey around and see if any dance shop in scotland has shoes that is perfect for me.

:grin:

ducasi
11th-December-2006, 12:43 AM
I know there is at least one dance shop in Dundee, had it pointed out to me the other week. :)

Just don't ask me where it is! :confused:

;)

Husky_Cat
11th-December-2006, 12:47 AM
Awww Ducasi u dont know where it is.. I do knw a dance shop that just opened in Victoria road near wellgate shopping centre, will try there tomorrow and get their recommendations if there is another dance shop in dundee :grin:

i truly hope that santa is kind to me and get them so i can show them off!! :clap:

ducasi
11th-December-2006, 08:59 AM
Awww Ducasi u dont know where it is.. I do knw a dance shop that just opened in Victoria road near wellgate shopping centre [...]
Based on looking at Google maps and aerial photos, that is probably the one I'm thinking of... :)

Husky_Cat
11th-December-2006, 04:51 PM
Well did go into the dance shop in town , they didnt have many sparkly shoes even in the catalogue :rolleyes:

So my search continues......

pmjd
11th-December-2006, 06:33 PM
I went past the one at the wellgate on Saturday, a scary amount of fluorescent lycra in the window!

There's another shop listed in yellow pages, Small Steps at 79 High Street Lochee.

Meant to try and find it as I'm getting dance shoes for Christmas too:clap: but now the problem is finding a pair in time for Christmas:really:. Might be going shopping in Aberdeen this weekend as there are a couple of dance shoe shops up there.

Good luck in tracking down your sparkly shoes:nice:

Husky_Cat
11th-December-2006, 06:43 PM
The one in wellgate is scary looking . it was full of lycra stuff .. I will probably go up to Aberdeen instead and look there and do family visits at the same time, much easier :clap:

Good luck to you Pmjd on your search too :D

pmjd
11th-December-2006, 06:51 PM
:yeah:
Same plan as I have.

There are three shops that stock dance shoes that I know of in Aberdeen, though please feel free to add or remove as I'm not in Aberdeen that often anymore.

Rainbow Dancewear at 173 Rosemount Place (bought my first pair of dance trainers there)

Andrew Begg at the 24-26 Upperkirkgate, just up from the Bon Accord and St Nicholas shopping centres

and finally Charles Caie at 127 Crown St.

I noticed another one is listed in the Yellow Pages: La Danse at the Galleria shopping centre.

Hope that helps:flower:

Husky_Cat
11th-December-2006, 06:56 PM
ooh i did see la Danse in the Galleria but i didnt get to go in it cos it was at night time and i was there for the bar that used to be called Blu Bar but changed to Tonik! silly name.

Oh will try all those shops, i am just so glad that i know aberdeen streets well and dont need to consult a map! ( i grew up in aberdeenshire so frequented aberdeen a lot)

thanks for the names of all the dance shops in aberdeen u saved me the hassle of looking it up on the Yell.com :flower:

Shona
xxx
:hug:

Freudian Hips
11th-December-2006, 07:09 PM
The one in wellgate is scary looking . it was full of lycra stuff .. I will probably go up to Aberdeen instead and look there and do family visits at the same time, much easier :clap:

I bought my dance trainers from the shop at the Wellgate - they are really friendly and helpful. Nobody forced me to wear the lycra :innocent: :rofl:

Husky_Cat
11th-December-2006, 07:11 PM
:rofl: i do agree that they are friendly people and willing to help out. The lycra on display is scary although ha ha :whistle:

Franck
11th-December-2006, 07:21 PM
I have moved the 'dance shoes' discussion to a new thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10760) to keep this one on topic...