PDA

View Full Version : NYE 2006 Dances

Minnie M
6th-December-2006, 04:34 AM
These are the "Southern" NYE (only dances on the 31st December please) dances that I know of - full details on my list.
(PM me missing southern events and I will add to my list)
Please ask moderators to add missing dances especially those north or west of Bedford/Oxford

Where will you be ?

fletch
6th-December-2006, 09:19 AM
Well done Minnie

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SeriouslyAddicted
6th-December-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks Minnie.

I'll be at Bromley with Turbo Tomato and some non forumites. Can't wait

Freya
6th-December-2006, 01:09 PM
Not entirely sure yet! Waiting on a couple of things to happen and be confirmed! :whistle:

purple~emma
6th-December-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm going to be at home with the family.

Our local franchise is holding a Ceroc night at Walsall but I don't think i'd be forgiven if I went out dancing all night on NYE and left the other half at home with all the kids so won't be able to go.

Gentabout
6th-December-2006, 03:42 PM
Will be at Bromley for new year, had to turn several other offers down for the night but would much rather be dancing.

Gent.

mikeyr
6th-December-2006, 05:16 PM
Minnie, I dont see a voting button for "dancing down the double diamonds on Blackcomb mountain" thats my gonna be my NYE 2006 Dance :tears: :tears: and I did so want to vote:devil:

Get your footwork wrong up there and its all over bar the stretcher repatriation:cool:

Minnie M
6th-December-2006, 07:33 PM
Minnie, I dont see a voting button for "dancing down the double diamonds on Blackcomb mountain" thats my gonna be my NYE 2006 Dance :tears: :tears: and I did so want to vote:devil:

You just want to make us all jealous :tears:

Moderator could you please add another option that says "Galavanting abroad" please :whistle:

David Bailey
7th-December-2006, 09:28 AM
You just want to make us all jealous :tears:

Moderator could you please add another option that says "Galavanting abroad" please :whistle:
Someone beat me to it - we nearly had two "Gallivanting" options there :)

phaedrus
7th-December-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll be dancing the night away in beautiful Kilmarnock at the Leroc Hogmanay Big Bash.

clevedonboy
8th-December-2006, 01:31 PM
Would love to go to Bedford but Julia (saxylady) has too much pain in her arms to do any form of dancing at the moment :tears: hope she'll be fixed in time for Rockbottoms in January

marty_baby
8th-December-2006, 01:51 PM
Would love to go to Bedford but Julia (saxylady) has too much pain in her arms to do any form of dancing at the moment :tears: hope she'll be fixed in time for Rockbottoms in January

Hiya Andrew,

Julia has pain in both her arms???? ouch - sounds bad!
Hope she gets better real soon!

Oh well.... you will just have to stay in and treat her to loads of loving care and cuddles - instead of going out and dancing with all those loose and carefree women! :wink:

Seriously tho - send her my best wishes

Martin

marty_baby
8th-December-2006, 01:56 PM
Its looking like Swindon for us! :nice:

Ealing was the number one choice (Good do last year! Forgot to pilfer all the lychees at the end of the night tho... Still smarting from it....) - but looks like the Bristol Crowd are congregating closer to home.

It will be nice to see out the year with closer friends, compared to a bigger, more impersonal party in London.

Martin :nice:

clevedonboy
8th-December-2006, 03:21 PM
Hiya Andrew,

Julia has pain in both her arms???? ouch - sounds bad!
Hope she gets better real soon!

Oh well.... you will just have to stay in and treat her to loads of loving care and cuddles - instead of going out and dancing with all those loose and carefree women! :wink:

Seriously tho - send her my best wishes

Martin

Will do Martin :flower:

We will be at Graeme & Ann's "Odd Dance" on Friday though just to catch up with people

marty_baby
8th-December-2006, 03:22 PM
Will do Martin :flower:

We will be at Graeme & Ann's "Odd Dance" on Friday though just to catch up with people

oh right! Is that tonight do you mean? Oddfellow hall?

What time does it finish??

Might pop in - fancy a bit of lindy! :clap:

clevedonboy
8th-December-2006, 05:46 PM
oh right! Is that tonight do you mean? Oddfellow hall?

What time does it finish??

Might pop in - fancy a bit of lindy! :clap:

Next Friday (15th) - suggest you call them if you're interested as it's a ticketed event that tends to sell out - 01225 332942

Minnie M
8th-December-2006, 06:12 PM
Sorry to be a grump - but can we keep this thread for New Year Eve dances only please :rolleyes: (moderators can you help please)

Heather
9th-December-2006, 01:42 AM
Portobello Town Hall for me - should be a brilliant night - really looking forward to it - especially the cabaret items:rofl: :rofl: and the ceilidh dancing !!!:clap: :clap:
HOGMANAY ( that's New Years Eve to the sassenachs) in Scotland is the best place to be!!
:hug:
Heather

Andreas
11th-December-2006, 02:07 PM
Where will you be ?
Not at any of these, possibly at home. Too many people, not my thing. :sick:

sidney
11th-December-2006, 02:14 PM
It will be my local Leics which will make a nice change, no travelling.:cheers:

Beowulf
11th-December-2006, 07:44 PM
flying down south and will be reeling in Ealing :wink:

TheTramp
16th-December-2006, 01:53 AM
Looks like it might be Berko for me....

Hopefully will know tomorrow :clap:

WittyBird
16th-December-2006, 01:55 AM
Looks like it might be Berko for me....

Hopefully will know tomorrow :clap:

:yeah: fingers crossed :respect:

Sheepman
16th-December-2006, 11:39 AM
Where's the "dancing (or not) at a private party" option.
Or does that count as "gallivanting abroad?"

Greg

TheTramp
21st-December-2006, 01:50 PM
Ayup. Berko it is.

Daventry on the 29th.
Chiswick on the 30th
Berko on the 31st
Ice on the 1st

Anything happening on the 2/3/4 anywhere then? :flower:

Caro
21st-December-2006, 02:00 PM
Chiswick on the 30th

:clap: save me a dance! :hug:

TheTramp
21st-December-2006, 02:02 PM
:clap: save me a dance! :hug:

Only 1?? :(

Caro
21st-December-2006, 02:10 PM
Only 1?? :(

ok more if you promise to be gentle with me... remember, after 3 months off dancing I'll just be a beginner again :wink:

TheTramp
21st-December-2006, 02:14 PM
ok more if you promise to be gentle with me... remember, after 3 months off dancing I'll just be a beginner again :wink:

I'm always gentle.... :flower:

David Bailey
21st-December-2006, 03:16 PM
So... what's on telly that night then?

SuzyQ
21st-December-2006, 06:34 PM
Know what you mean DJ - totally uninspired by all the options for dancing as will be going on my own
... and only been asked to 1 party this year at the house of an ex with a new girlfriend :tears:
hmf!

TheTramp
27th-December-2006, 08:31 PM
Know what you mean DJ - totally uninspired by all the options for dancing as will be going on my own

Well, it's nice to know that all the forumites going to the various dances in your area aren't enough of a draw for you to come along and join us (them!).... :rolleyes:

littlewiggle
27th-December-2006, 08:35 PM
Perhaps someone could add Leicester to the poll? :flower:

sapphire
27th-December-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, I will be at St. George's Hall, Exeter but that is not an option on the poll...

ducasi
27th-December-2006, 09:49 PM
Perhaps someone could add Leicester to the poll? :flower:

Well, I will be at St. George's Hall, Exeter but that is not an option on the poll...
Both there now. :)

Rhythm King
28th-December-2006, 12:08 AM
totally uninspired by all the options for dancing as will be going on my own

But you're going to Woking aren't you?

SuzyQ
28th-December-2006, 12:23 AM
But you're going to Woking aren't you?

Nope ... didn't really know many people going there.

So, finally booked tickets for Bedford today - much happier now!!

Thanks to those who were concerned about me being at a loose end - I was so touched - you are all very kind and lovely!

So, hope wherever you all end up that you dance the new year in with lots of joy and that it sets the mood for a wonderful 2007!

Tiggerbabe
28th-December-2006, 12:35 AM
So, finally booked tickets for Bedford today - much happier now!!

See you there then :D

Rhythm King
28th-December-2006, 02:31 AM
See you there then :D

:yeah: Save me a dance :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
28th-December-2006, 11:34 AM
Me too, please, RK :D *bounces up and down in excitement* :clap: :clap:

Lee Bartholomew
28th-December-2006, 11:54 AM
Will be in Bromley.

Are those of us that are going to Bromley going to meet up. Not meet all of you.

Lynn
28th-December-2006, 04:00 PM
Dancing options for me - well there is only one, a salsa party. Tempted, but my salsa is really awful :tears: and aside from one unexpected salsa dance in June I haven't done any since last Dec.

Other parties... but I suspect I'm turning into an unsociable grump as I've had my fill of 'party small talk' over the past few weeks.

Why don't we have a :grumpy: smilie? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

Lynn
29th-December-2006, 12:17 AM
Dancing options for me - well there is only one, a salsa party. Just discovered actually two salsa parties on in Belfast. One where parking will be a bit of a nightmare and last time I was at the venue there was no room to dance. And the music was extremely loud. So instead of staying in and being grumpy I could go out and be even more grumpy.

drathzel
29th-December-2006, 01:00 PM
Dancing options for me - well there is only one, a salsa party. Tempted, but my salsa is really awful :tears: and aside from one unexpected salsa dance in June I haven't done any since last Dec.

Other parties... but I suspect I'm turning into an unsociable grump as I've had my fill of 'party small talk' over the past few weeks.

Why don't we have a :grumpy: smilie? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!

dont worry i am trying to organise one for next NYE. Oh and you only have to wait six days for a fantastic dance party!

I am supposed to but might not now be going out with my sister, jake and my sisters (is he isnt he) boyfriend. If not then i might be staying in spain.

:flower:

:flower:

Lynn
29th-December-2006, 01:44 PM
dont worry i am trying to organise one for next NYE. Sounds good. Though I'm tempted by the 'go away for Christmas' option for next year.
Oh and you only have to wait six days for a fantastic dance party! I know! Looking forward to it. :D Still not quite used to the novelty of regular freestyles!

Bluey
30th-December-2006, 12:28 PM
Wembley Kylie Concert (maybe Scissor Sisters too) and dance PARTY, 3,500 person dance floor, was just announced this month & sold out in 20 mins, now you can pick up cheap on EBay!

Have a fab night everyone

Cheeky Butler
30th-December-2006, 05:08 PM
HI guys bluey here or otherwise none as the cheeky butler for those of you there on wednesday night what a great night at ashtons....and thank you for all those lady's that danced with me!!!!

I'm looking to see if anyone has a Ticket going for bromley this sunday, if you do could you let me no ASAP as can't get one at all...

Many thanks

Bluey
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bluey
30th-December-2006, 05:10 PM
HI guys bluey here or otherwise none as the cheeky butler for those of you there on wednesday night what a great night at ashtons....and thank you for all those lady's that danced with me!!!!

I'm looking to see if anyone has a Ticket going for bromley this sunday, if you do could you let me no ASAP as can't get one at all...

Many thanks

Bluey
xxxxxxxxxxxx

gets confusing all these Bluey's

Cheeky Butler
30th-December-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry Bluey from sussex trying to change my name to The Cheeky Butler any advice

Andy McGregor
30th-December-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry Bluey from sussex trying to change my name to The Cheeky Butler any adviceYes, stick to your own name. These forum names make it really difficult to remember people's real names. For example, is Zebra Woman called Claire? Or is that Wittybird? Or fletch? :confused:

In the world of MJ we have enough trouble remembering a single name. Please don't confuse is with two names.

fletch
31st-December-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, stick to your own name. These forum Or is that Wittybird? Or fletch? :confused:

well we look so similar, its easy to get confused.:rolleyes:

The advise I give people before they log on is, you will be know by this name, so choose one you are going to be comfortable with long term.:flower:

That's why I used the name I have been called since I was 9 years old

Minnie M
31st-December-2006, 01:08 PM
well we look so similar, its easy to get confused.:rolleyes: .........
It's not the person you mix up, it's matching the real name with the forum :confused: name.

I totally agree - matching 'real' names to 'forum' names is confusing - I'm sure know not all forumites know my name is Lynda - and it took about a year to remember Msfab's real name and it is such a pretty and unusual name too :blush: Personally I would prefer to call forumites by the real name outside of the forum :flower:

However, Danny Lewington aka Cheeky Butler aka Bluey - does it matter if we forget your name - we all know who you are :whistle: :drool:

Cheeky Butler
31st-December-2006, 01:17 PM
hi minnie need to change my name from danny lewington to cheeky butler how do i do that

Minnie M
31st-December-2006, 01:21 PM
hi minnie need to change my name from danny lewington to cheeky butler how do i do that
Just PM/email Franck - mind you I think all the moderators can do it.

I changed my name when I first joined, but it was before I started posting. The only reason people moan about changing names once you are established is because it causes confusion, but as I said above, would not think it would matter in your case as we all know who you are (well the girls do):whistle:

Cheeky Butler
31st-December-2006, 01:27 PM
happy xmas to u and merry new year

Lory
31st-December-2006, 07:44 PM
Whether you go dancing tonight or spend the time with family and friends, I hope you all have a fabulous time :yeah: :hug:

:cheers: Happy new Year :cheers: