PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Training Courses

dancer
6th-December-2006, 01:35 AM
Can anyone assist re MJ Teacher Training Courses other than CEROC, which I think I may be too old for (does any one know the limit by the way ?). South East would be ideal but have feet will travel!

spindr
6th-December-2006, 11:15 AM
A quick link:
http://www.afterfive.co.uk/guide/latest/html/teaching_and_learning.html#teaching_courses

SpinDr

David Bailey
6th-December-2006, 12:46 PM
Can anyone assist re MJ Teacher Training Courses other than CEROC, which I think I may be too old for (does any one know the limit by the way ?).
I don't believe there is a limit - in fact, technically I don't think there ever was an official limit, but there certainly used to be unofficial guidelines.

Since Mike took over Ceroc, however, I think there's a lot more flexibility in this area, which is a good thing. Although, of course, you still need to be sponsored by a franchisee, and pass an audition process, both big hurdles to overcome.

spindr
6th-December-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't believe there is a limit - in fact, technically I don't think there ever was an official limit, but there certainly used to be unofficial guidelines.
Which of course would now be illegal :)

SpinDr

David Bailey
6th-December-2006, 04:20 PM
Which of course would now be illegal :)

SpinDr
Would they? I dunno - it'd depend on the merits of the case.

Certainly, they'd be more open to challenge on the basis of age discrimination legislation, but I dunno if they'd definitively be illegal; that's for the courts to decide.

:eek: Christ, I sound like a l&wyer :sick:

Minnie M
9th-April-2007, 08:07 PM
I went to Andy McGregor's Teacher's Training Course yesterday - not that I want to teach, but Andy very kindly said I could sit in.

I was extremely impressed with the day :respect:

The morning Andy (using a Power Point presentation) covered ALL aspects of teaching (not just the moves) - all students had paper back-up of the course. There were many questions during this part of the course and every one was answered and he still managed to finish on time.

All the students had been given their 'Teacher Packs' prior to the course and (I think)were asked to learn a script.

In the afternoon some of the regular dancers came along and each of the new students got on stage to teach 3 moves (which were video'd) and Andy and the other students viewed it after with the necessary post mortum questions.

I think this was actually stage one of becoming a Modern Jive teacher, and I must say it was very professionally performed. :respect:

BTW - We had regular breaks with yummy cakes, choccies and fruit as well as coffee, tea and soft drinks, and sarnies at lunchtime.:drool:

Andy McGregor
9th-April-2007, 09:29 PM
BTW - We had regular breaks with yummy cakes, choccies and fruit as well as coffee, tea and soft drinks, and sarnies at lunchtime.:drool:The food and drink is, of course, the most important part of the training :clap:

Sunday was the hardest day of Modern Jive I've ever done. I started at 7.30am and finished at 0030am. The next time I will find somebody to run the class after the teacher's training - I was living on coffee from about 7pm :cheers:

plankton
11th-April-2007, 04:29 PM
Well I was there too ....

excellent well thoughout and fun (even the scary get on the stage and be videoed bit) I certainly learnt a considerable amount in a very short time.

Well done Andy :respect: I was creamcrackered by the time we got home.

and thank you to Sue for demoing for me :flower:

see Minnie M .... I still look in :D

Minnie M
12th-April-2007, 03:48 PM
........see Minnie M .... I still look in :D

Welcome back to the forum plankton - it's been too long :hug:

BTW I think you and your lovely lady will make great teachers :respect: