PDA

View Full Version : visit to glasgow

Petal
4th-June-2003, 05:51 PM
I will be in Glasgow on 30 June and 1st July and would like to visit the Maryhill Ceroc Class on the Monday night. I'm staying at the Tulip Inn in Ballater Street on the south side of the Clyde. Can someone give me directions and instructions on the easiest way to get to the Maryhill venue. I've printed the map but im still a bit lost as dosen't cover a wide area. :cheers:

Chicklet
4th-June-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by jnelson
instructions on the easiest way to get to the Maryhill venue. :cheers:
Suggest big black things with 4 wheels - you honestly don't want to walk about there. Bandits, children with AK47s, dogs with knives, etc.

C

John S
5th-June-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Bandits, children with AK47s, dogs with knives, etc.

C
And that's once you've got inside the venue!

Don't worry, Mr/Ms Jnelson, I'm sure some serious answers and/or directions will appear soon.

If not, grab Franck at Perth tomorrow and ask (always assuming that it's not the Australian Perth you're from!)

Brady
5th-June-2003, 12:59 PM
Hello jnelson; good to see you've joined the forum! As for getting to the Maryhill venue, Chicklet did exaggerate a bit, but I would agree that you probably don't want to be walking alone in that area of Glasgow. Your easiest options for getting to the class are:

1) Take a taxi/private hire directly to the Maryhill Community Halls on Maryhill Road.

2) Get to the Underground (taxi in to St. Enoch station), take the Underground to St. Georges Cross, exit the station onto Maryhill Road and take a left, walking (literally) up Maryhill Road for about 5-7 minutes until you come to the Maryhill Community Halls on the right (north) side of the road.

Look forward to seeing you there and having another dance!

- Brady

Chicklet
5th-June-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Brady
, Chicklet did exaggerate a bit,
Brady

ME!!:eek:

Never, you must be thinking of someone else:innocent:

But yes, was actually quite serious about the taxi really, best to be safe.

Cx

Petal
5th-June-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks for info all. I'll follow Brady's advice and hopefully see you at Maryhill Halls on Monday 30th June.