PDA

View Full Version : Who's attending what weekend 8/9/10 Dec 2006

robd
4th-December-2006, 05:50 PM
Bring back the poll! I was lost last week without one :sad:

Limited range of options but who cares, that's what the 'Other - see below' option is for. Maybe one of the friendly Legion of Moderators could add things I have missed into the poll after the event?

Cruella
4th-December-2006, 05:52 PM
Hurry up then! I'm waiting to click!

robd
4th-December-2006, 05:57 PM

.. what, with Mr Right ?

Lynn
4th-December-2006, 05:59 PM
Bring back the poll! I was lost last week without one :sad:

Limited range of options but who cares, that's what the 'Other - see below' option is for. Maybe one of the friendly Legion of Moderators could add things I have missed into the poll after the event?Oh, we have a party in NI! Christmas Charity Ball Sat night. :D That's where I'll be. Please, please nice moderators? I'm sure at least 3 of us will click on it.

TheTramp
4th-December-2006, 06:01 PM

Heh! I was first :yum:

Marcus Garvey on Friday night for me. Followed up by Nantwich on Saturday. But that's not on the list of options!

Lory
4th-December-2006, 06:05 PM
Followed up by Nantwich on Saturday. But that's not on the list of options!
It is now :wink:

TheTramp
4th-December-2006, 06:09 PM
It is now :wink:

Why thank you. You're so helpful. Much better than that grumpy bald bloke :love:

Gus
4th-December-2006, 07:42 PM
Followed up by Nantwich on Saturday.Phew ... good job the main posse are going to Chester .... and its now sold out. :whistle:

Juju
4th-December-2006, 11:09 PM
I've been to Nantwich once and thought it was a bit loud. Is it still?

DavidY
4th-December-2006, 11:55 PM
Heh! I was first :yum:

Marcus Garvey on Friday night for me. Followed up by Nantwich on Saturday. But that's not on the list of options!:yeah: Probably the same combination for me. See you there.:cheers:

MartinHarper
5th-December-2006, 12:38 AM
Fri 8th Dec. Solihull will probably be crowded again, so I think I'll go to the regular Halesowen class instead.
Sat 9th Dec. I've got my tickets to the TRDC Christmas party in Cirencester.
Sun 10th Dec. Doesn't seem much on. Possibly the regular TRDC class in Worcester.

CJ
5th-December-2006, 12:38 AM
Oh, we have a party in NI! Christmas Charity Ball Sat night. :D That's where I'll be. Please, please nice moderators? I'm sure at least 3 of us will click on it.

Dumbass here missed it and hit other instead.:confused: :rolleyes: :rofl:

Anyway, I shall be black tie-ing in Northern Ireland dancing El tango with Lynn!!!!:wink: :yum:

ducasi
5th-December-2006, 12:45 AM
That why we now allow you to retract your vote (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/poll.php?do=unvote&pollid=736). :)

Don't click it unless you really want to retract your vote! :flower:

Enjoy N.I. CJ. :cheers:

TheTramp
5th-December-2006, 12:46 AM

You can withdraw your vote, and vote again now... :flower:

CJ
5th-December-2006, 01:28 AM
Thanks, guys...

Job done:wink:

Andy McGregor
5th-December-2006, 01:34 AM
On Saturday Sue and I have our silver wedding anniversary party at our favourite venue, Findon Village Hall, High St, Findon, Nr. Worthing.

If any Forumites, who know either of us, would like to come the entry fee is a plate of food. Girls bring main courses/savouries, guys bring puddings, cake or fruit. Please let us know if you're coming as we're limiting numbers and there's only a few places left. Don't bother eating before you come, there's always loads of food when we do these parties.

Lee Bartholomew
5th-December-2006, 01:37 AM
You mean somone not only married you but is still married to you?

What do you do? keep her locked in a cuboard?

You didn't say what day it was. lol (as I know you like them)

Andy McGregor
5th-December-2006, 09:05 AM
You didn't say what day it was. As this thread is about the weekend of 8/9/10 Dec 2006 I thought the use of the word "Saturday" would be enough information - obviously not:whistle:

fletch
5th-December-2006, 09:27 AM
Phew ... good job the main posse are going to Chester .... and its now sold out. :whistle:

Main posse :confused:

who's are they then :confused:

Cruella
5th-December-2006, 09:35 AM
Main posse :confused:

who's are they then :confused:

I guess that's Gus's fan club. They'll both be at Chester :whistle:

SeriouslyAddicted
5th-December-2006, 09:36 AM
I shall be at Woking - hope to see some of you there

Lory
5th-December-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh dear, so far, it looks as though RobD is going to have his work cut out for him on Friday :what:

I would love to do the WCS freestyle in Putney on Sunday but I'm not 100% sure I can yet ;)

Andy McGregor
5th-December-2006, 10:21 AM
I guess that's Gus's fan club. They'll both be at Chester :whistle:And Gus is his biggest fan. But who is the other one? :confused:

robd
5th-December-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh dear, so far, it looks as though RobD is going to have his work cut out for him on Friday :what:

Bring it on Girls!

Actually, I might just kick back with a beer served by the friendly bar staff and watch Sparkles show me how leading is supposed to be done :worthy:

BTW had a PM from Miguel telling me that Putney freestyle (Ceroc) is now cancelled. Can someone remove that option?

Sparkles
5th-December-2006, 11:39 AM
Actually, I might just kick back with a beer served by the friendly bar staff and watch Sparkles show me how leading is supposed to be done :worthy:

Bring it on! :wink:

... although if you get drunk I'm not carrying you home :rolleyes:

Katie Kicks Ass
5th-December-2006, 12:24 PM
Nantwich Saturday.

Tiger Pants
5th-December-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm off to Mama Morton's in Dundee this weekend (sat). Really looking forward to the class by James and Linz beforehand, what a combination that is should be like An Audience with Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howard all rolled into one ( couldn't possibly say which is which though). All that plus BYO booze I'll be lucky to see 12 o'clock.

Anyone else going????

ShinyWeeStar
5th-December-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm off to Mama Morton's in Dundee this weekend (sat).

Anyone else going????
Didn't know that was on this weekend! When and where? :nice:

Lindsay
5th-December-2006, 10:22 PM
Looking forward to it Charlie.... I hope your heckling will be up to its usual standard :)

:cheers:

Lindsay
5th-December-2006, 10:24 PM
Didn't know that was on this weekend! When and where?

PM Heather for info...

Tiger Pants
5th-December-2006, 11:14 PM
Didn't know that was on this weekend! When and where?

Its Saturday at the Friary in Dundee. Cha cha workshop at 8.00 but I think there's a waiting list for followers..........Ms. B and Mr. McL proving even more popular as a team than individually (ha ha).

Freestyle is from 9.30 I think .....best confirm with Heather as Lindsay suggests.......I am notoriously unrealiable with these things and will probably need a reminder before Sat. so if that's wrong please let me know SOMEONE !!

Hope you can make my little Shiny one looks like its gonna be a great night !!

fletch
6th-December-2006, 09:27 AM
And Gus is his biggest fan. But who is the other one? :confused:

You mean you don't know :rolleyes:

where you been lately :confused:

:D

Spice 'n' Easy
6th-December-2006, 12:13 PM

That sounds like a plan. I think i may just join you :cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
6th-December-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey none of my weekend events are up there :sad: come on Rob get with the programme :rofl;

Friday - Watching Russell in Panto (oh yes i am) :rof:
Saturday - Staff night out :sad:
Sunday - Mascqurade Ball Jonglers :clap;

marty_baby
7th-December-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeeehar! Twyford Saturday! :D

Lock up your sons and daughters, Bristol is coming to town! :rofl:

So far:
Martin
Sharon
Ann
Danielle
Jenni
Becki

Cruella
7th-December-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeeehar! Twyford Saturday! :D

Lock up your sons and daughters, Bristol is coming to town! :rofl:

So far:
Martin
Sharon
Ann
Danielle
Jenni
Becki

Any chance of a few more male Bristolians. :whistle:

marty_baby
7th-December-2006, 06:16 PM
Any chance of a few more male Bristolians. :whistle:

....no no.... I think you will find blokes think the ratio is about right! :D

Joking aside...Good point!... We always travel around as a group, I have never really thought about it!.... I'll ask around! :nice:

martin x

Lory
8th-December-2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know who's DJing at Ashtons tonight? :flower:

Paulthetrainer
8th-December-2006, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know who's DJing at Ashtons tonight? :flower:

No i don't know who's DJing at Ashtons tonight.

Where's Ashtons?

Whats a DJ?

When does tonight start?

I'm not much help, am I?

have a great time though.:wink:

Lory
8th-December-2006, 04:42 PM
Where's Ashtons?Cricklewood, near jnc 1 of the M1

Whats a DJ?The person who can make :clap: or break :tears: my night :)

When does tonight start?8-30pm - 1-30am

I'm not much help, am I?Nope, your rubbish :rolleyes: :wink:

have a great time though.:wink:Thanks :cheers:

Minnie M
8th-December-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm going to Ashtons tonight with Mr. & Mrs. Under Par :clap: (it's Sharon's birthday today) :flower:

fletch
8th-December-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm going to Ashtons tonight with Mr. & Mrs. Under Par :clap: (it's Sharon's birthday today) :flower:

whish her happy birthday from me please :flower:

:hug:

Lory
9th-December-2006, 03:31 AM
whish her happy birthday from me please :flower:

What happened, I thought you were coming tonight? :(

fletch
9th-December-2006, 10:27 AM
What happened, I thought you were coming tonight? :(

I think I have eczema in my eye, it looked:eek: yesterday its not to bad today.:sick:

I think i'm having a confidence moment, my dancing is worse now than it was 3 months ago, and I feel like i'm giving people ***** dances,:tears: I need to come out of the 'deep end' for a while.:(

I went to the Marcus Garvey in Nottingham, and danced with Tramp, now I am having a confidence moment.:D

:flower:

Lory
9th-December-2006, 10:42 AM
I danced with Tramp, now I am having a confidence moment.:D

Aww don't worry:hug: everybody has a confidence moment, after dancing with Trampy, it's normal :wink:

fletch
9th-December-2006, 10:48 AM
Aww don't worry:hug: everybody has a confidence moment, after dancing with Trampy, it's normal :wink:

Yeah! but I have got to go though it all again tonight :eek:

Just got to think of what to wear now :confused: heals or no heals dress? short or long, and the all important question will my chest stop in with all that jumping about :eek:

:clap:

Heather
9th-December-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah! but I have got to go though it all again tonight :eek:

Just got to think of what to wear now :confused: heals or no heals dress? short or long, and the all important question will my chest stop in with all that jumping about :eek:

:clap:

:rofl: :rofl: Isn't there some kind of tape you can buy to solve that problem?

Heather

Lynn
9th-December-2006, 04:03 PM
Just got to think of what to wear now :confused: heals or no heals dress? short or long, Yep, me too. Party tonight! :clap: I'm thinking dress, short. Just not sure if the folk in NI are quite ready for that yet... Hey, who cares!

and the all important question will my chest stop in with all that jumping about :eek: Not something I have to worry about though. Just have to decide which pairs of shoes to bring.

Lynn
10th-December-2006, 12:28 PM
The NI Charity Ball was a great evening. Everyone had made an effort in dressing up, Drathzel had the hall all decorated, and CJ played some great music. And we had cake. :D

TheTramp
10th-December-2006, 12:36 PM

:tears:

Paulthetrainer
10th-December-2006, 02:43 PM
Went to Woking last night with Seriously Addicted and a varied selection of non-forumites.

Had the best time I've had in ages at Dancing - didn;t have a single rubbish dance all night. Woking is fab.....BUT....

....where were all the LOCALS?

I kept asking people if they were local to the area because I wanted to find somewhere to get something to eat afterwards, but NOBODY was actually from Woking, nor did they know anything about the town....seems as though everybody had been shipped in from other places. How weird is that?

The townsfolk of Woking just don't realise what they've got. :sad:

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 02:46 PM
They do, but just dont want to admit that they live in Woking.

Did you find anywhere to eat. There is a Kebab place 5 mins walk from the Carpark opp the Hall

Paulthetrainer
10th-December-2006, 02:56 PM
No we didn't. Bev The Action Girl was driving and she didn't want to drive around for ages because she's off rally driving at Brands Hatch today (what a girl!). So we ended up waiting till we go to the Southborough Fried(something that may have been)Chicken late night eatery. I was so ravenous I would have eaten a scabby horse anyway....

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 03:00 PM
Which is pretty much what you get at that one in Southborough. Horse or donkey, can't remember which.

Really wanted to go last night but still no car. :tears:

Heather
10th-December-2006, 06:22 PM
For anyone who's interested, we mamaged to raise £100 in the raffle last night at Mama Morton's - the proceeds of which are going to BBC Children in Need appeal. Thanks to everyone who contributed :flower:

Heather
xx

cheeks
10th-December-2006, 06:41 PM
For anyone who's interested, we mamaged to raise £100 in the raffle last night at Mama Morton's - the proceeds of which are going to BBC Children in Need appeal. Thanks to everyone who contributed :flower:

Heather
xx

And we got to have a fab night at the same time!!!!!!

:respect: to all the organisers and to James and Linds for a fab cha cha class :worthy: .

:clap: :hug: :clap:

to all the fab dances I had to.....

Hugs

Pauline :flower:

I took some photographic evidence of fun dances later in the night to :D .......cotton eye joe :whistle: .......hilarious :rofl: :rofl: hoping to upload them soon............x

Tiger Pants
10th-December-2006, 09:52 PM
Well done Heather and Wendy..........brilliant night glad you managed to raise some money for charity........I was very pleased with my raffle prize..........ladies toiletries....some sort of fix there me thinks, anyway opened the bag last night when I got home and can't wait to try the anti-cellulite lotion after a shower with the new shower gel and finish it all off with a touch of moisturiser what bra !!!!!

Great fun dances and class from James and Linz :respect: just as I expected from you two......great music ( perhaps you can make a regular DJ yet you fit bird you )

Nice to meet you Firefly......lovely girl........perhaps next time we might even get a dance.

Roll on the next Mama Mortons :cheers:

firefly
11th-December-2006, 12:40 PM
My first time at Mama Morton's...had a great time :clap:

Lovely to meet some new people. Thanks for the warm welcome Heather :cheers:

Nice to meet you Firefly......lovely girl........perhaps next time we might even get a dance.

Aww, thank you :blush: It was lovely to meet you too :flower:

Thank you to everyone I danced with for the fab dances, and apologies to those I missed.

Looking forward to seeing the Cotton Eyed Joe pics :wink:

robd
11th-December-2006, 02:05 PM
Fri - Ashtons
Suprised no-one has mentioned this already but there was a really nice gender balance at Ashtons on Fri (or so it seemed to me) which meant there was none of the usual pressure for
* ladies to grab a man
* men to stay on the floor all night long
As it happens, I actually did sit out for a fair part of the night (lived up to my suggestion earlier in the thread) and didn't really venture beyond 'forum corner'. I did manage to catch up with some favourites who I haven't seen for some time though which was nice.

Sat - Twyford
No TWK and the music from Funky Si was a little on the fast side for my personal taste. Some good dancers there (as always) and drinks were significantly cheaper than Kensington I guess :rolleyes: but I didn't really have the right mood for it so it wasn't my best night there.

Hoping Hammersmith this Saturday rekindles my enthusiam :grin:

Cruella
11th-December-2006, 02:14 PM
Fri - Ashtons
Suprised no-one has mentioned this already but there was a really nice gender balance at Ashtons on Fri (or so it seemed to me) which meant there was none of the usual pressure for
* ladies to grab a man
* men to stay on the floor all night long
:

I don't think it was balanced, it seemed to have alot more men.:clap: Made a nice change for the ladies to not have to fight over the men and for the men to have some chill out time (cos their stamina is lower).

TheTramp
11th-December-2006, 02:18 PM
I had a great time at both Nottingham and Nantwich.

Was nice to see some old friends I haven't seen in a while. And just as nice to meet some new ones.

Had some lovely dances. And enjoyed the music at both events.

Lory
11th-December-2006, 02:27 PM
Fri - Ashtons
Suprised no-one has mentioned this already but there was a really nice gender balance at Ashtons on Fri

:yeah: I had a great night!

The Ballroom at the beginning was lovely as usual :drool: I almost feel as though I get two completely different nights, all for the price of one! :clap: (although I'm usually knackered by the time everyone else starts arriving! :blush: )

The men were in particularly great form on Friday (or was that just me :D)... Thanks guys! :worthy: :hug:

fletch
11th-December-2006, 04:34 PM
I had a great time at both Nottingham and Nantwich.

Was nice to see some old friends I haven't seen in a while. And just as nice to meet some new ones.

Had some lovely dances. And enjoyed the music at both events.

:yeah:

thanks for the dances :hug:

Nantwich on Saturday ..........the third time the stoped the music I thought 'what now' :eek: caberet was over, fun class was over :rolleyes:

and it was the raffle :what: and I won :clap: that soon shut me up :na:

The choice was 'tin of chocolates .......to much temptation I would eat them all :drool:

bottle of wine .....I don't drink alcahol :sick:

free car service....fantastic, with all the miles I do....brill. :clap:

cheep night all in all especially with the free admit one for January :clap:

nice touch :worthy:

mick s
11th-December-2006, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to say that I had a great night at Ashton's on Friday Night once I found it after realising the original one had been knocked down. Thanks to everyone I danced with.

Will def be making it a regular haunt in future.

Also had a great time at Twyford with some great dancers there, just wished I had not got there so late.

Thanks also to Simon the DJ for playing my fav track.

On the whole best weekend dancing I have had for a long while outside weekenders.

Andreas
11th-December-2006, 07:05 PM
Sat - Twyford
No TWK and the music from Funky Si was a little on the fast side for my personal taste. Some good dancers there (as always) and drinks were significantly cheaper than Kensington I guess :rolleyes: but I didn't really have the right mood for it so it wasn't my best night there.
Music was definitely too fast on average for old chaps like myself. Theoretically one could basically sit out every second track and get all the slow(ish) ones. Except towards the end Simon appeared to have run out of slow tracks.
Drinks were amazingly cheap. A small bottle tonic Water for a pound, I had to ask three times, excusing it with being foreigner and all. :D
I had some fabulous dances and lots that were plenty of fun but due to the large amount of fast tracks, it was only an 'alright' night for me.
Though, thanks heaps to Lily and David for dragging me along. :whistle: :hug:

Dance Demon
11th-December-2006, 07:20 PM

Heather
xx

well done Heather & Wendy:clap: :clap: ....sorry I couldn't be there:sad: ....was enduring a rather bumpy flight back from Gran Canaria. Glad all went well, and i hear that Lindsay was a very able substitute on the decks:respect: ....

Steven666
18th-October-2007, 01:26 PM
Nantwich on Saturday ..........the third time the stoped the music I thought 'what now' :eek: caberet was over, fun class was over :rolleyes:

I had to laugh soz. Some of us were in that caberet! :wink:

stewart38
19th-October-2007, 10:56 AM
I had to laugh soz. Some of us were in that caberet! :wink:

Hell of a laugh 10 months :sick:

Steven666
19th-October-2007, 11:05 AM
Hell of a laugh 10 months :sick:

I only joined two days ago, lol. :wink: