PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours on DVD

Will
4th-June-2003, 01:48 PM
Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up for a new DVD that has just come out called "Neighbours - The Defining Moments" (Click here (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/222083) for more info or to purchase a copy).

It's a 2 disc set containing over 365 minutes of footage including all the best episodes including Scott & Charlene getting married, and the episode that had 25 million people in the UK alone watching - When Daphne died.

My copy arrived yesterday, and I've already watched 3 episodes. Just can't put it down.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/g/i/p/222083.jpg

Chicklet
4th-June-2003, 02:00 PM
If it hasn't got the bit where Jane takes off her glasses and is transformed into a nymphette I don't want to know.

Heather
4th-June-2003, 07:08 PM
:D :D you can probably get help, Will, mind you there's probably a long waiting list if you try the NHS.
What you need to do is visit Scotland more often !!!
( I'm gettingworried about you, next you'll be telling us that you used to watch Prisoner Cell Block H!!!!):rofl: :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Will
5th-June-2003, 01:27 AM
I watched Prisoner Cell Block H for a while, but it wasn't as good as Neighbours by a long way.

Bit of trivia for you - The actor who plays Harold Bishop (Ian Smith) was also in Cell Block H at one point.

CJ
5th-June-2003, 01:32 AM
Well over half the cast of Cell Block have reared their heads in one Aussie soap or another.

Always had a soft spot for Cell block theme tune: and also actress that played Meg (I think) the female warden. Then, I was young and stupid!!

Jane, Jane, super brain, huh.

Debster
5th-June-2003, 01:43 AM
What? Meg?!! How could you go past the most prominent and daunting figures of womanhood - Bee or old Vinegar Tits herself?

Debster
5th-June-2003, 01:46 AM
Gee, come to think of it, we even learned the theme tune in high school... I remember copying the lyrics out in my neatest hand-writing.

Thanks for that little trip down memory lane - at least it kept me amused for a few minutes ;)

Neighbours just doesn't compare...

Dreadful Scathe
5th-June-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Debster
Gee, come to think of it, we even learned the theme tune in high school... I remember copying the lyrics out in my neatest hand-writing.

Thanks for that little trip down memory lane - at least it kept me amused for a few minutes ;)

Neighbours just doesn't compare...

to be honest - i used to watch Prisoner Cell Block H - it had a great plot line once where a male guard was helping some prisoners escape, or so they thought, he actually murdered them and hid the bodies in the pipe room :D strangely amusing :)

Chicklet
5th-June-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
the pipe room:)
:confused: :confused:
you mean they don't have to smoke in the yard like Brit prisoners???how civilised

Dreadful Scathe
5th-June-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
:confused: :confused:
you mean they don't have to smoke in the yard like Brit prisoners???how civilised

a room with pipes in it - the technical name is 'the big noisy room with lots of pipes, boilers and clanging noises' :)

CJ
5th-June-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Debster
What? Meg?!! How could you go past the most prominent and daunting figures of womanhood - Bee or old Vinegar Tits herself?

Who the hell was "Vinegar Tits" and why such a name?

Will
5th-June-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Always had a soft spot for Cell block theme tune: and also actress that played Meg (I think) the female warden. Then, I was young and stupid!!

Jane, Jane, super brain, huh.

My hat is off you you CJ! I'd completely forgotten about Meg. Indeed she played Mrs Allessi in Neighbours a few years ago. And you're right, there probably are others too.

Will
5th-June-2003, 02:26 PM
I think the phrase was "Plain Jane Super Brain"

This reminds me of my favourite character in all of Neighbours, Jane's grandmother - Mrs Mangel.

Mrs Mangel ROCKS!

Jayne
5th-June-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Will
I think the phrase was "Plain Jane Super Brain"

This reminds me of my favourite character in all of Neighbours, Jane's grandmother - Mrs Mangel.

Mrs Mangel ROCKS!

I thought Mrs Mangel was no more...

J :nice:

CJ
5th-June-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I thought Mrs Mangel was no more...

J :nice:

Is she in Neighbours heaven with Daphne?

Chicklet
5th-June-2003, 02:57 PM
Isn't Daphne in your van?

CJ
5th-June-2003, 03:03 PM
Well, I asked, but she said no.:D

Will
5th-June-2003, 04:16 PM

Sadly Daphne did die after a couple of "Mungrel" joyriders crashed into the car she was in. The immortal words "I love you Clarkie" that she uttered as she died still bring a tear to my eye. :tears:

Nelland Mangel however didn't croak it. She moved to Sydney. The goss is that in real life, Vivien Gray (who played Mrs Mangel) got harrassed so much in the street for being a nasty old bag on Neighbours that she got fed up with it and decided to leave the show.

Joe Mangel was pretty funny too I thought. Pity he left the series.

Debster
6th-June-2003, 05:53 PM
Who the hell was "Vinegar Tits" and why such a name?

That was the inmates pet name for Vera, the guard, a truly nasty piece of work she was... weren't you watching???!!! You missed out big time.