PDA

View Full Version : Northampton Freestyle Friday 1st Dec..

jacksondonut
1st-December-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi folks,

Is anyone joining us in Northampton this evening?? :flower:

:cheers: :cheers:

SnowWhite
1st-December-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi folks,

Sadly, not me.

I've got a night of cuddles from my little ones :hug: , a film with my eldest :cool: - and an attempt at slaying the dreaded ironing pile...! :(

Have a great time though girly, catch up with you at the next one!

:flower:

Cruella
1st-December-2006, 01:17 PM
Nope, sorry Jan, i'm driving straight past the venue to get to Hipsters. :rolleyes:

Yogi_Bear
1st-December-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi folks,

Me neither. I will be in the area this weekend but no dancing for me till Sunday morning :eek:

Trousers
1st-December-2006, 02:00 PM
Nope, sorry Jan, i'm driving straight past the venue to get to Hipsters. :rolleyes:

rofl

ooooh you bitch

xxx

:flower:

Cruella
1st-December-2006, 04:12 PM
So as not to be thought of as a bitch :rolleyes: I'm now going to Northampton! :D Nothing to do with the 3 good men i've lined up to go :whistle:

Northants Girly
1st-December-2006, 05:04 PM
Remember if anyone goes there is a venue change - it's at Cripps social club at the hospital not the usual Saints venue :D

humble pie :drool: yeah Di?

Cruella
1st-December-2006, 05:09 PM
humble pie :drool: yeah Di?

This humble pie has a very sweet crust though. :wink:

Lost Leader
1st-December-2006, 05:38 PM
Is anyone joining us in Northampton this evening??

Looks like it will be just us then - no, wait, it's Northamton so it is bound to be a pretty good turnout. Have not been to the Cripps Social club before though so don't know what that is like as a venue.

sidney
1st-December-2006, 06:03 PM
Nope I won't be going this time I will be going to Gran Canaria tomorrow, that venue is not as big as the rugby club which I prefer but should still be a good night.:cheers:

Northants Girly
1st-December-2006, 07:46 PM
Looks like it will be just us then - no, wait, it's Northamton so it is bound to be a pretty good turnout. Have not been to the Cripps Social club before though so don't know what that is like as a venue.The venue isn't too bad but the parking can be a pain.

You used to have to pay and display :(

Lost Leader
2nd-December-2006, 10:56 AM
My verdict on last night:

Good points

- Rob A. on the decks (perhaps not at his absolute best IMO but still VG)
- Paul H. did a couple of excellent classes :respect:
- nice high stage so you had a good view
- good turnout
- floor OK if a little sticky, nice square shape (I don't like long thin dance floors)

Bad points

- much too hot (no decent fans)
- very slow bar service (only one person serving to begin with)
- not enough chairs
- dance floor got pretty crowded so had to endure a few bumps and mostly stick to a restricted range of moves and concentrate on collision avoidance
- parking arrangements. Bit of a communication failure by Ceroc Central here resulted in quite a few people having to move their cars or risk them being clamped, and on the way out my supposedly validated exit card did not work so it took me 20 minutes to get out of the car park. :angry: Hospital parking always sucks.

I still managed to enjoy the evening, but the heat and annoying parking arrangements would make me think twice about attending this venue again - luckily it isn't used very often.

bigdjiver
2nd-December-2006, 11:14 AM
- much too hot (no decent fans)... the heat .... would make me think twice about attending this venue again - luckily it isn't used very often.I learned on my first and last visit there some time ago that the hall is classified as part of the hospital and is subject to hospital regulations concerning temperature. If fans were brought in to cool the place down the heating would be turned up to get the temperature "right". It is the only freestyle event that I can ever remember leaving early, defeated by the heat. I did suggest to Phil Roberts that he used his emails to ask members for any suggestions about suitable venues.

Cruella
2nd-December-2006, 11:57 AM
This humble pie has a very sweet crust though. :wink:

See told you :wink:

Trousers
2nd-December-2006, 12:01 PM
See told you :wink:

Hey who are those two stood with Joey from Friends?

Cruella
2nd-December-2006, 12:16 PM
My opinion of the night:
The parking was a bit of an inconvenience but nothing that would spoil my evening.:rolleyes:
Rob Ambridge was DJing, that was a bonus IMO. He played a real mixed bag of music. There were some of my favourites and some i didn't particlarly like, 'Needle in a Haystack' springs to mind! But he catered for everyone. Even managed to have a few Cha Cha's :clap: The floor was a little bit slow in places but nothing too major. The bar was exceedingly slow, i didn't bother getting a drink til 11ish! It was nice to see some people i don't see very often and there were some lovely dancers there :drool: It was a nice surprise to see Jockey.
My biggest reminder of why i usually travel 2 hours to London to dance was the distinct lack of floorcraft:angry: I lost count of how many bumps and kicks i got, luckily the floor emptied a bit for the last hour or so and there was a lot more space.
All in all, I had a great time with some good company, Alex and Jamie had me laughing so much, i cried. :kiss:

jacksondonut
2nd-December-2006, 03:02 PM
Rob Ambridge was DJing, that was a bonus IMO. He played a real mixed bag of music. There were some of my favourites and some i didn't particlarly like, 'Needle in a Haystack' springs to mind! But he catered for everyone. The floor was a little bit slow in places but nothing too major. The bar was exceedingly slow, i didn't bother getting a drink til 11ish! It was nice to see some people i don't see very often and there were some lovely dancers there :drool: It was a nice surprise to see Jockey.

My biggest reminder of why i usually travel 2 hours to London to dance was the distinct lack of floorcraft:angry: I lost count of how many bumps and kicks i got, luckily the floor emptied a bit for the last hour or so and there was a lot more space.

All in all, I had a great time with some good company, Alex and Jamie had me laughing so much, i cried. :kiss:

Have to agree with Cruella's comments.. We were there from about 9.00 until 11.30.. (felt poorly and left early to take a trip to KFC!):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

Had a few really nice experiences on the dancefloor, thanks Jamie and Alex :hug: and with a couple of others, but it was too hot, too crowded and the floorcraft was non-existant.. came away with bruised feet and other places!:eek: I found the floor to be extremely hard work and even with a little talc, it didnt seem to make much difference.. a shame really, as I seem to remember in the past it was rather a good floor.. :sad:

On the whole; pleased I went to catch up with the locals, lovely to see fellow Forumites, but as Cruella stated above, 2 hours to London is well worth it, by comparison. Just glad last night I was closer to home as I was exhausted.. :yeah:

:cheers:

DavidY
2nd-December-2006, 03:56 PM
I wonder if the floor problems were due to water? It was wet outside and on the fire escapes where folk went to escape the heat, and also there was water spilled on the floor.

Plus I saw smoking - I thought that was banned in Ceroc Central venues.:confused: