PDA

View Full Version : Deep end or shallow end?

Spin dryer
26th-November-2006, 04:52 PM
There is frequent discussion, not altogether ironic, by some of the regulars at Fulham (the favourite venue of certain forumites who have never been there!) as to whether a particular dancer is a deep end or shallow end dancer. If you misjudge your depth, laceration by stiletto and excoriating disapprobation will inevitably follow. Do any of you dare reveal where you are on the spectrum from modest to delusional?

Seahorse
26th-November-2006, 04:58 PM
Rear end... right at the back...

Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:00 PM
deep or shallow end dancer,,, christ, somebody shoot me now. Says it all i think.

Double Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:16 PM
Face......Bovvered.?:devil:

Lee Bartholomew
26th-November-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't swim. lol

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 05:20 PM
There is frequent discussion, not altogether ironic, by some of the regulars at Fulham (the favourite venue of certain forumites who have never been there!) as to whether a particular dancer is a deep end or shallow end dancer. If you misjudge your depth, laceration by stiletto and excoriating disapprobation will inevitably follow. Do any of you dare reveal where you are on the spectrum from modest to delusional?
Errr, what's the difference? Call me dumb, hell everyone does anyway, but I dunno what you mean exactly... :confused:

Lee Bartholomew
26th-November-2006, 05:23 PM
Errr, what's the difference? Call me dumb, hell everyone does anyway, but I dunno what you mean exactly... :confused:

That makes two of us DJ.:confused:

Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:32 PM

he's talking about the dance status at Fulham. if your good you dance at the deepend if your not good you dance at the shallow end. All bolox at the end of the day.

fletch
26th-November-2006, 05:36 PM
I can't swim. lol

arrrr but can you breath through your ears :wink:

Errr, I dunno what you mean exactly... :confused:

yeah right :rolleyes:

'hot shots' at the front by the stage I presume. :(

I take it that's why we all stand at the back in the corner at Ealing :na:

I might try down the front where 'Orgasmic Mark' stands on Friday (if i'm brave enough) :rolleyes:

:D

Double Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:38 PM
arrrr but can you breath through your ears :wink:

yeah right :rolleyes:

I take it that's why we all stand at the back in the corner at Ealing :na:

I might try down the front where 'Orgasmic Mark' stands on Friday (if i'm brave enough) :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Orgasmic?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
26th-November-2006, 05:41 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Orgasmic?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

what :confused:

have I done a typo :blush:

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 05:44 PM
he's talking about the dance status at Fulham. if your good you dance at the deepend if your not good you dance at the shallow end. All bolox at the end of the day.
I'm not sure about this "stage = good dancer / hotshot" thing anymore, at least not always.

E.g. at Ashtons, I think a lot of the good dancers were probably clustering around Lory and LilyB at the bar end - most of the other good ones (e.g. Latin Ian, Mr LatinLover etc.) seemed to be wandering around throughout.

(I could make a comment about putting distance between us and the music here, but I won't... oops)

And the one and only time I went to Fulham, I was firnly at the back, along with my fellow beginners Franck and Under Par. Hey, we were shy, it wasn't easy to keep up with the standard you know... :whistle:

So maybe it's only true for some venues?

Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure about this "stage = good dancer / hotshot" thing anymore, at least not always.

E.g. at Ashtons, I think a lot of the good dancers were probably clustering around Lory and LilyB at the bar end - most of the other good ones (e.g. Latin Ian, Mr LatinLover etc.) seemed to be wandering around throughout.

(I could make a comment about putting distance between us and the music here, but I won't... oops)

And the one and only time I went to Fulham, I was firnly at the back, along with my fellow beginners Franck and Under Par. Hey, we were shy, it wasn't easy to keep up with the standard you know... :whistle:

So maybe it's only true for some venues?

the cluster as you put it, were forumites, meeting up and chatting, does not necessarily follow the best dancers. Silver fox was there for goodness sakes. :D

fletch
26th-November-2006, 05:50 PM
- most of the other good ones (e.g. Latin Ian, Mr LatinLover etc.) seemed to be wandering around throughout.

I was firnly at the back, along with my fellow beginners Franck and Under Par. Hey, we were shy, it wasn't easy to keep up with the standard you know... :whistle:

Ian and LL were only wandering around cos I wasn't there,they must have been lost 'bless' :flower:

Do you think sarcasm is a form of 'hotshotism' :confused:

:wink:

dave the scaffolder
26th-November-2006, 05:53 PM
was this the venue we were at in the smoke

Double Trouble
26th-November-2006, 05:58 PM
was this the venue we were at in the smoke

for gos's sake Dave....get an A to Z & a calender. We were at Ashtons on Friday, not Fulham on Thursday......How p1ssed were you, ***.:rofl:

dave the scaffolder
26th-November-2006, 05:59 PM
for gos's sake Dave....get an A to Z & a calender. We were at Ashtons on Friday, not Fulham on Thursday......How p1ssed were you, ***.:rofl:
i dont drink its london i get confused

fletch
26th-November-2006, 06:03 PM
[

i dont drink its london i get confused

there all the same :confused:

well the people are anyway, they just circulate :na:

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 06:31 PM
the cluster as you put it, were forumites, meeting up and chatting, does not necessarily follow the best dancers. Silver fox was there for goodness sakes. :D
Well, I don't care about the men - the way I see it, that's your problem. :innocent:

But I don't think there were any major influx of great dancers by the stage on Friday - if there had been, I'd have stayed up there, God knows I hate mingling with you people. :na:

Double Trouble
26th-November-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, I don't care about the men - the way I see it, that's your problem. :innocent:

But I don't think there were any major influx of great dancers by the stage on Friday - if there had been, I'd have stayed up there, God knows I hate mingling with you people. :na:

I noticed..Still, my stalk, grab and don't let go technique worked wonders on you. I got three dances....your face was a picture, you miserable sod.:rofl:

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 06:48 PM
I noticed..Still, my stalk, grab and don't let go technique worked wonders on you. I got three dances....your face was a picture, you miserable sod.:rofl:
And I only agreed to dance with you because you said you'd be nasty about me on the forum otherwise.

Guess that worked well then :rolleyes:

Double Trouble
26th-November-2006, 06:58 PM
And I only agreed to dance with you because you said you'd be nasty about me on the forum otherwise.

Guess that worked well then :rolleyes:

Blackmail works quite well...grab and don't let go....threats of physical violence.....offers of sexual favours. I'll do anything to get a dance.:whistle:

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 07:13 PM
Blackmail works quite well...grab and don't let go....threats of physical violence.....offers of sexual favours. I'll do anything to get a dance.:whistle:
Damnit, if only I'd held out at the "violent threats" stage... Mind you, offers are one thing, actions another.

Gav
26th-November-2006, 09:16 PM
The dog 'n' phone incident was funny though!

Deep end, shalllow end?

***, shallow people, pond life. Who gives a t0ss?

Maybe I'm just not good enough to care, but really?! Is the bullies corner of the playground now called the deep end?

Are the best dancers suddenly cr@p if they accidentally hang around the wrong part of the dancefloor?

I'll dance wherever the hell I feel like dancing and if you're feeling brave, you're welcome to try to tell me I'm on the wrong part of the dancefloor. :love:

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 09:26 PM
I'll dance wherever the hell I feel like dancing and if you're feeling brave, you're welcome to try to tell me I'm on the wrong part of the dancefloor. :love:
Well to be fair, I think some / most places do definitely have the "hotshot" area, Hammersmith's famous for it's "no row", and that's usually by the stage.

Ealing (BFF) used to be that way too, but it hasn't been the last few times I went.

Juju
26th-November-2006, 09:31 PM
Well to be fair, I think some / most places do definitely have the "hotshot" area, Hammersmith's famous for it's "no row", and that's usually by the stage.

Ealing (BFF) used to be that way too, but it hasn't been the last few times I went.

Glad I live in the sticks from the sound of this thread. Sounds like the Big Smoke is full of arrogrant prats.

Trouble
26th-November-2006, 09:32 PM
Glad I live in the sticks from the sound of this thread. Sounds like the Big Smoke is full of arrogrant prats.

it is. Thankfully not all of them but a lot of them. up their own bottoms.

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey, it's not that bad.

It's just that some venues seem to attract hotshottery.

Hmmm, actually, most of them seem to be in Southwest London (Hammersmith, Casbah, Ealing, possibly Fulham and / or Bromley)... Is it something in the water?

Andreas
26th-November-2006, 09:49 PM

I thought I can excuse my incomprehension of the meaning of the thread and any of the poll options with language barrier. But seeing you guys haven't got a clue of what is meant either ... :confused:

Wow, is that it? And I thought I could express myself cryptic. :rolleyes:

Jhutch
27th-November-2006, 01:15 AM
Hey, it's not that bad.

It's just that some venues seem to attract hotshottery.

Hmmm, actually, most of them seem to be in Southwest London

:eek: What sort of monster am i likely to turn into?:eek:

Have been to Fulham twice but not for quite a while. Both times i think i was the equivalent of about half-way down the steps in the shallow end if that is any help:confused:

Miguel
27th-November-2006, 07:51 AM
There is frequent discussion, not altogether ironic, by some of the regulars at Fulham (the favourite venue of certain forumites who have never been there!) as to whether a particular dancer is a deep end or shallow end dancer.

At the moment I doggie paddle in the shallow end but my personal goal is not to be a deep end dancer. I want to go beyond that. How?
Only turn up for the last hour of freestyle, not before. Sit on the stage but do not move. Wait for an obscure blues record to come on then dance for 1min. (max) with a highly selected partner. Get back pn the stage and sit. You're now feeling good because you've shown the masses how it's done. Don't stick around for the last record (totally uncool). Same again next week.

David Bailey
27th-November-2006, 09:13 AM
At the moment I doggie paddle in the shallow end but my personal goal is not to be a deep end dancer. I want to go beyond that. How?
Only turn up for the last hour of freestyle, not before. Sit on the stage but do not move. Wait for an obscure blues record to come on then dance for 1min. (max) with a highly selected partner. Get back pn the stage and sit. You're now feeling good because you've shown the masses how it's done. Don't stick around for the last record (totally uncool). Same again next week.
That sitting-on-the-stage thing is pretty naff, isn't it? Why do people do that? :confused:

jivecat
27th-November-2006, 09:14 AM

Me neither, but what the hell. Dontcha just love all those long words? And the spelling is to die for. Ten out of ten, young man! You can be in my class any time.:innocent:

fletch
27th-November-2006, 09:14 AM
At the moment I doggie paddle in the shallow end but my personal goal is not to be a deep end dancer.

So is it just to be with the deep end dancers :wink:

you groupie :D

:hug:

fletch
27th-November-2006, 09:18 AM
That sitting-on-the-stage thing is pretty naff, isn't it? Why do people do that? :confused:

its OK in the blues room at Camber,:na: Ho! well it was:sad: cos it to big now :tears:

I would be worried there were splinters that would snag my dress or dirt and when you jump off you had a big black mark on you bum :sick:

Double Trouble
27th-November-2006, 10:26 AM
Me neither, but what the hell. Dontcha just love all those long words? And the spelling is to die for. Ten out of ten, young man! You can be in my class any time.:innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: young man? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He might be able to spell and know the meaning of long words but young is stretching it a bit. :D

whitetiger1518
27th-November-2006, 11:57 AM
I feel like I am standing on the poolside sometimes. I watch all the swimmers and admire the skill of those that dive from the high board.. :worthy: :worthy:

Shy on the inside :blush:
Whitetiger

Trouble
27th-November-2006, 12:16 PM
I feel like I am standing on the poolside sometimes. I watch all the swimmers and admire the skill of those that dive from the high board.. :worthy: :worthy:

Shy on the inside :blush:
Whitetiger

awwwww sooo sweet. :hug: