PDA

View Full Version : Demonstrators - unsung heroes of an MJ Night

Dan Hudson
24th-November-2006, 09:42 AM
Just wanted to make the point that without demo's, the teachers could not teach a class..

I want to mention a very special Demo.... in fact an award for best Demo!

1. She is a fabulous dancer:worthy:
2. She allows me a few diva strops:whistle:
3. Assists and adapts the routine if it feels crap for the ladies:D
4. She watches the class and often spots something I don't. And will quite happily do ladies styling points mid lesson!:clap:
5. I know she will be doing the moves perfectly, allowing me to concentrate on my class:respect: :
6. She is friendly and approachable and dances with all my class!:worthy:
7. She laughs at my jokes:rofl:
8. She laughs at my jokes..:rofl:
9. She has a lovely wiggle:drool:

Ladies and Gents I give you the ultimate demo....... Sparkles:clap: :drool: .....
thank you for your hard work:kiss:

Its so nice to have someone or stage who takes a bit of the pressure away.........
Anyone else wanna big up these unsung heroes??

TheTramp
24th-November-2006, 10:10 AM
Agreed....

It makes it so much easier when you've got a great demo. And Sparkles has always been a pleasure to be on stage with.

Also, taught in Dundee on Monday night, and Tiggerbabe demo'd with me. Had a great rapport going, and it was a really enjoyable class.

But thank you to all the other people who've demo'd with me :flower:

MartinHarper
24th-November-2006, 10:32 AM
To be an unsung hero you need to be unsung. Demos get a name-check and a round of applause at the end of every intermediate class.

Shodan
24th-November-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm a guy and I've been known to be a demonstrator (i.e. a follower) during a class. I thought I did quite well. :rofl:

But yes your right - demonstrators should get more credit really. Down here in Exeter area our demonstrators get a mention and a round of applause at the end of each class. :nice:

Lory
24th-November-2006, 12:18 PM
Unsung? You must be joking! :eek:

My mate Joanne (teacher at Ashtons and Harrow) never stops singing the praises of Spice n easy..

oooh he's so lovely :hug:

I don't know how I'd cope with out him :confused:

He's a complete asset to the venues :worthy:

He's charming, polite and a real pleasure to be around! :cheers:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH:rolleyes:

Well done Spicey! :wink: :hug:

Dan Hudson
24th-November-2006, 01:25 PM
Unsung? You must be joking! :eek:

My mate Joanne (teacher at Ashtons and Harrow) never stops singing the praises of Spice n easy..

oooh he's so lovely :hug:

I don't know how I'd cope with out him :confused:

He's a complete asset to the venues :worthy:

He's charming, polite and a real pleasure to be around! :cheers:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH:rolleyes:

Well done Spicey! :wink: :hug:

Two people in london called spicey:eek: :what: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
24th-November-2006, 01:29 PM
Joanne (teacher at Ashtons and Harrow) never stops singing the praises of Spice n easy..

:yeah: :yawn: blah blah blah :na: :na: :na:

Love ya really babes :clap:

Yogi_Bear
24th-November-2006, 01:43 PM
There were no demonstrators as such (or taxis) when I first started going to Ceroc. The teacher would just grab a likely looking suspect from whoever happened to be hanging around the bar at the start of the evening and whisk them away to show them the routine.......nowadays things are different.

Does it ever happen that the demonstrator upstages the teacher, maybe by looking more stylish, technically correct or whatever? I have always assumed that would mean a black mark in anyone's book....:rolleyes:

robd
24th-November-2006, 02:11 PM
{Sparkles is a fab demo stuff}

You forgot

10. She's willing to go through the pain barrier :whistle:

I think a good demo is worth every penny he/she receives. Hold on, you mean they do all that without financial reward? :worthy: Will this be the same in the brave new world of contract Ceroc?

Sparkles
24th-November-2006, 02:12 PM
You forgot
10. She's willing to go through the pain barrier :whistle:

I think he covered that with points 7. and 8. :whistle: :wink:

SilverFox
24th-November-2006, 02:16 PM
Two people in london called spicey:eek: :what: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::confused: :confused: :confused: Explain please?

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 02:16 PM
To be an unsung hero you need to be unsung. Demos get a name-check and a round of applause at the end of every intermediate class.
:yeah:

No, the real unsung heroes are the poor so-and-so's who have to do the grunt work, arrange / move chairs, open the place up, lug stuff around, etc. etc.

:clap: to them.

SilverFox
24th-November-2006, 02:18 PM

No, the real unsung heroes are the poor so-and-so's who have to do the grunt work, arrange / move chairs, open the place up, lug stuff around, etc. etc.

:clap: to them.I love a good grunter....

Cruella
24th-November-2006, 02:43 PM
But thank you to all the other people who've demo'd with me :flower:
Does that include me? (Does it count if you are forced into it:whistle: )

Hey come on JiveP where's my accolade? (Or I'll tell them about the smell i have to suffer too :whistle: )

Shodan
24th-November-2006, 02:54 PM
:clap: to them.
I'm one of them at my local dance club. Thanks for your praise. :grin:

Lory
24th-November-2006, 03:02 PM
Does that include me? (Does it count if you are forced into it:whistle: ) and me :clap:

Hey come on JiveP where's my accolade? (Or I'll tell them about the smell i have to suffer too :whistle: )
Smell? :confused: does he get pre-stage nerves :sick:

Cruella
24th-November-2006, 03:05 PM
Smell? :confused: does he get pre-stage nerves :sick:

:whistle: I'll give him a few days to post first.:wink:

TheTramp
24th-November-2006, 03:15 PM
Does that include me? (Does it count if you are forced into it:whistle: )

Yes. :sick:

and me :clap:

Yes :worthy:

Sparkles
24th-November-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey come on JiveP where's my accolade?

First infractions and now accolades - :rolleyes: everyone wants them...

at least I didn't resort to blackmail to get mine :whistle: :wink:

Cruella
24th-November-2006, 04:07 PM
at least I didn't resort to blackmail to get mine :whistle: :wink:

Hey, some of us have to try anything that works! :wink:

TheTramp
24th-November-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey, some of us have to try anything that works! :wink:

I said yes to you! :whistle:

Cruella
24th-November-2006, 04:55 PM
I said yes to you! :whistle:

Now let's get the story straight Steve. You delayed the class by an hour to wait til i got there. I got there late thinking i'd have avoided it. :whistle: :(

lindyloo
24th-November-2006, 06:55 PM
I think this is a great thread as I think a good demonstrator is hard to find and demonstrating is not an easy task.

I have had some fantastic demonstrators and I'd like to thank them all and especially Gary, who is still after many years is coming back to demonstrate at Ashtons on a regular basis when I come back in the new year. He makes my life easier because he's so fabulous (and knows some great moves)
x

Ghost
25th-November-2006, 09:41 PM
Just wanted to make the point that without demo's, the teachers could not teach a class..

Its so nice to have someone or stage who takes a bit of the pressure away.........
Anyone else wanna big up these unsung heroes??
You do read the Bow thread right? :whistle:

Yup, turns out demos are indeed most useful :wink: Dan standing on his own with his arms out looking down would have looked rather less effective than when he had Sparkles gracefully lowering herself into a pose ;) .

Wittybird too, I'd forgotten how good you spin darlin :cheers:and you look so cool on stage :cheers::worthy:

Nice to finally meet Rosie Posie- lovely demoing:flower:

Well I finally got to see Tax demo (only took a YEAR!!!!!) - well worth it. Very nice footwork and remarkably well behaved.

Carla fab demo too

I heard the demo was pretty good and she got some nice compliments after the classes. :whistle:

Even when abandoned on stage for the teacher to change his mike, she did a little tap dance to keep the punters amused, encouraged by Emma - thank you Emma - and despite comments from Phil S of "Do something better!" :what: AND....did a rather superb wiggle when put on the spot (confirmed by Phil S later that the wiggle WAS something better). :wink:

Sparkles you are wonderful:worthy:

Sparkles you were fab babes please come back and make Dan look good again soon :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Anna was lovely :flower:

Taz will demo superbly to the point of adding in musicality in the intermediate demo.

And :worthy: to Wayaay Bird for demoing

bigdjiver
25th-November-2006, 10:45 PM

:clap: to them.:yeah: Until you have lugged the DJ equipment up and down a narrow winding staircase and rearranged 50 tables and 200 chairs you do not realise the work that can be involved. :respect: to the venue staff that have to put the furniture back too.

Daisy Chain
26th-November-2006, 07:43 PM
I think a good demo is worth every penny he/she receives. Hold on, you mean they do all that without financial reward? :worthy:

Ah, but the demo gets to spend 45 mins dancing with the teacher. She (he) doesn't have to spend that 45 mins being mauled by the hoi polloi in the lines. :whistle:

Daisy

(A Priceless Little Flower)