PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Workshop

Sandy
7th-June-2002, 10:53 AM
Franck

I'm going to an Intermediate Workshop in Aberdeen in August and wondered what format it will take, eg how many people will attend? How long will it last? How many steps do you cover? Anything I should do to prepare. Feeling a bit scared about this as have found the transition from beginners to intermediate quite "challenging". Have managed to step on more than a few feet and crashed into a few unsuspecting folk. It's a bit worrying when your partner insists on putting on a helmet and protective gear before dancing with you!:sick:

Sandra

DavidB
7th-June-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by sandra hart
It's a bit worrying when your partner insists on putting on a helmet and protective gear before dancing with youWe only started using the body armour when the new craze of 'Morecome & Wise skipping' came in...

It's getting dangerous out there.

Sandy
7th-June-2002, 11:13 AM
Hey DavidB

It's very comforting that someone somewhere in London dances as well as me:grin: Maybe it will become fashionable, you never know! If you ever come to one of the Aberdeen dance nights you will be able to recognise me instantly! We like to live dangerously up here!

Clodhopping Sandy:D

Franck
7th-June-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by sandra hart
I'm going to an Intermediate Workshop in Aberdeen in August and wondered what format it will take, eg how many people will attend? How long will it last? How many steps do you cover? Anything I should do to prepare. Feeling a bit scared about this as have found the transition from beginners to intermediate quite "challenging". Hi Sandra,

First of all, do not worry too much, the Intermediate class can be a lot more challenging at times. The main thing to remember, is that you do not have to remember (or even like) all the moves you learnt in the class. I appreciate that as a woman, you do not have much choice abou;t what move you will be dancing in Freestyle. :(
Then do not hesitate to ask a teacher / taxi-dancer to run you through a specific move after the class.

Re. the Intermediate workshop, the course starts at 10.30am and goes on 'til 3.30pm with an hour for lunch in the middle.Numbers tend to be between 16 and 24 (ie 8 to 12 couples). The day itself covers a number of routines (up to 6) but the number of moves learnt will depend on progress on the day. The idea is not to rush through 24 moves, but to take the time necessary to learn the moves / routines properly.
The focus of the day is not so much to learn new moves (you can do that every week at the classes) but to learn new patterns of freestyle and think differently on the dance floor, in particular being more open-minded on the dance floor, paying attention to signals and leading.
Overall the Intermediate workshop is pretty challenging and can be hard work, so I recommend you bring "active" clothing especially as the day will be pretty hot!
The only thing you can do to prepare is attend as many classes as you can in the meantime, and dance all the time! The more experience you have the more you will benefit from the workshop.

Above all, remember Ceroc is all about having fun :grin:

Franck.

Sandy
7th-June-2002, 11:28 AM
Thanks Franck

OK you have put my mind at rest. I can do fun:grin: But maybe I will bring along a first aid kit just in case! Maybe you should make sure it's only big blokes that come along so that I don't accidentally knock anyone out!!:eek:

:cheers:

Sandra