PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask...

CJ
23rd-November-2006, 01:30 PM
please, why was the Ceroc staff thread taken outside?

Thank you.

Franck
23rd-November-2006, 01:40 PM
please, why was the Ceroc staff thread taken outside?I refer you to the title of your thread which was offensive from the start. Discussions also got sufficiently heated to warrant the move.

dave the scaffolder
23rd-November-2006, 01:49 PM
I refer you to the title of your thread which was offensive from the start. Discussions also got sufficiently heated to warrant the move.

Surely if we as ceroc dancers, ie your client base have an opinion to express, you as a service provider should have broad enough shoulders to accept our concerns and deal with them in a proffesional manner xxx

Double Trouble
23rd-November-2006, 01:52 PM
Surely if we as ceroc dancers, ie your client base have an opinion to express, you as a service provider should have broad enough shoulders to accept our concerns and deal with them in a proffesional manner xxx

He has dealt with it in a professional manner, by putting it outside (can't believe I am defending frakzxyw....however you spell his name) :D

Trousers
23rd-November-2006, 01:53 PM
All thats happened is it's gone private (Take it outside) - registered forumites only

or am i being naive?

So it's just a bit of a slap.

Franck
Surely if we as ceroc dancers, ie your client base have an opinion to express, you as a service provider should have broad enough shoulders to accept our concerns and deal with them in a proffesional manner xxxand indeeed I have. Everyone can express their opinion as before, vote on the poll and continue debating the topic.
Maybe CJ should have taken your words about expressing himself in a 'professional' manner or continued in the original thread (DJs' restraint of thread) instead of setting out to be offensive and provocative.

TheTramp

And in what way hasn't this been dealt with in a professional manner? :confused:

All that's happened is that the thread has been moved to an area of the forum specifically for threads like these. Nothing has been deleted. The thread is still there for viewing and responding in by any member of the forum. It still shows up on 'new post' search (in fact, until CJ posted this, I wasn't even aware that it had been moved).

CJ
23rd-November-2006, 02:13 PM
I refer you to the title of your thread which was offensive from the start. Discussions also got sufficiently heated to warrant the move.
Thank you for your reply.
The thread put forward a view and invited people to discuss that view.
The view was no more or less contentious than many other threads, but then I don't have "ODA" under my name.
May I ask whom, you think, may have been offended?

And in what way hasn't this been dealt with in a professional manner? :confused:

All that's happened is that the thread has been moved to an area of the forum specifically for threads like these. Nothing has been deleted. The thread is still there for viewing and responding in by any member of the forum. It still shows up on 'new post' search (in fact, until CJ posted this, I wasn't even aware that it had been moved).

I posted this because I couldn't see it in the "Today's posts" search, so was confused.

Thank you, all, for your answers.

Franck moving the thread may be protectionist, bur certainly professional.:worthy:

Trouble
23rd-November-2006, 02:14 PM
i actually think moving it upstairs gives it more pulling power for reading. The ones moved outside are normally the most interesting threads to read...apart from the ones moved upstairs of course.. :D

Franck
23rd-November-2006, 02:19 PM
May I ask whom, you think, may have been offended?Most moderators for a start who started a discussion on how to edit the thread to change the offensive title without being accuses of being 'protectionist' towards Ceroc :rolleyes:

David Bailey
23rd-November-2006, 03:32 PM
Most moderators for a start who started a discussion on how to edit the thread to change the offensive title without being accuses of being 'protectionist' towards Ceroc :rolleyes:
i.e. Me.

Of course, the reason I didn't remove the obscenity was because I knew someone would accuse the Evil Moderators of being pro-Borg or something.

David Of Nine.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-November-2006, 03:40 PM
Thank you for your reply.
The thread put forward a view and invited people to discuss that view.
The view was no more or less contentious than many other threads

oh come on CJ "crock of *****" isnt even a phrase you'd get as a Sun newspaper headline :). Don't know why a mod didnt just change it though, as its very easy to justify.

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-November-2006, 03:42 PM
i.e. Me.

Of course, the reason I didn't remove the obscenity was because I knew someone would accuse the Evil Moderators of being pro-Borg or something.

David Of Nine.
somehow i doubt you'd like as good in seven of nines outfit :eek:

David Bailey
23rd-November-2006, 03:59 PM
somehow i doubt you'd like as good in seven of nines outfit :eek:
Hey, I've got the manboobs for it, I'll have you know :)

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-November-2006, 04:05 PM
wow dyslexia really is setting in "look" become "like" - or maybe its some other hard to spell disease....

angelique
23rd-November-2006, 06:12 PM
or maybe too hard to spell gynaecomastia? :what:

stewart38
29th-November-2006, 10:41 AM
what has happened to the forum rules thread ? :sad:

David Bailey
29th-November-2006, 10:48 AM
what has happened to the forum rules thread ? :sad:

It's still there:
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10550

Brian Doolan
29th-November-2006, 05:52 PM
or maybe too hard to spell gynaecomastia? :what:

How on earth did you know abnormal enlargement of the breasts in a male is called gynaecomastia ?

I know it only because I used Answers (http://www.answers.com)

David Franklin
29th-November-2006, 10:51 PM
How on earth did you know abnormal enlargement of the breasts in a male is called gynaecomastia ?I first heard the term on weightlifting forums (it's a very common side effect of anabolic steroids) at least 15 years ago. I've certainly seen it a few times in the more mainstream media since.