PDA

View Full Version : "pants"

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Fran
. Lets hope she has her big ceroc pants on!!!:wink: :what:

Fran, POST OF THE DAY!!!!!

I've been doing this dancin thing for months now and NOBODY has let me in on the fact that there are special PANTS!!!!!!!!

Do tell more details:devil:

Although it has to be said, I'm going to take anything you say with a pinch of salt because (and I mean this in the best possible taste of course) there's NO WAY you've got "BIG Ceroc pants" on under some of your gorgeous figure hugging trousers!!!!

Looking forward to hearing all the ins and outs :wink:

Cxx

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 08:01 AM
Okie. So it goes like this....

At the second competition I ever went to, when I'd been dancing just six months, there was a couple who did a showcase routine.

Their finishing move (which they held for quite a while as the music died) was a move called a superwoman (girl?), where the lady lies horizontal and straight, on her stomach, on on of the mans shoulders (like she's flying, hence the name of the move). This particular lady in question, was wearing a very short skirt, which had ridden up around her waist while doing the move. And a thong. I think that's enough said!! :)

If you're wearing trousers, you don't need big ceroc pants. If you're wearing a short skirt, you probably do. If you're wearing a short skirt and doing airsteps...... :rolleyes:

Steve

PS. It really wasn't an attractive sight! :rofl:

Deb
28th-May-2003, 08:15 AM
The usage of the word "pants" is very confusing.

I thought you were refering to big baggy trousers and didn't really understand what you were refering to. Thanx for clarifying TRAMP. I now understand the previous 3 posts.

In Australia we refer to "trousers" as "pants" and very rarely use the word trousers unless we are talking about dressy pants for men. We would use the word "slacks" for ladies.

"pants" we tend to call "undies".

I heard you guys saying "that's Pants" while i was over there... I am trying to get all the Le Boppers to use it in their daily speak.

Deb

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
music died) was a move called a superwoman (girl?),

. And a thong. I think that's enough said!! :)

PS. It really wasn't an attractive sight! :rofl:

So are you trying to say it was more like Spiderwoman that Superwoman????...think about it....:eek: :devil:

Deb
28th-May-2003, 08:19 AM
That message was meant to be in the "Ceroc Logo" thread... but while we are here..

WORD PLAY away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Deb

I heard you guys saying "that's Pants" while i was over there... I am trying to get all the Le Boppers to use it in their daily speak.

Deb

Fantastic news!!!Of all the things you could have taken home!!!LOL!!

So will you swap us for the equivalent Aussie phrase? what would the average Le Bopper in the street have said before he learned his new phrase???

And I'll bet we get more posts on the subject of pants as undies than pants as wordplay!!!:wink:

Cx

Brady
28th-May-2003, 08:37 AM
Deb, I'm with you 100%! Us Americans also use the word pants to describe what the Brits call trousers. I got myself caught out a couple times when I first moved here while mentioning my rubber rain pants. :really: :what: I quikly learned to call them rubber trousers!!! :sorry I think the problem is with these crazy Brits; they invent words, pass them to all the rest of us, then change the spelling/meaning later and wonder why we say the wrong thing!!!!!!

Brady

Deb
28th-May-2003, 08:40 AM
Well... we would usually say

"that's crap!"

or

"that's a load of crap"

The other idiom i like that u use is... "what are you like?!?!?!" I have been trying to say it here but without the accent and the exact intonation i've been struggling to get the same reaction.

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Brady
I think the problem is with these crazy Brits; they invent words, pass them to all the rest of us, then change the spelling/meaning later and wonder why we say the wrong thing!!!!!!

Brady

but it's such good SPORT!!!!

and y'all can be really cute and gullible sometimes too!!!

**runs and hides behind Trampie, again**

Cx:D

DavidB
28th-May-2003, 09:03 AM
And a thong ... It really wasn't an attractive sight! Flossing should be reserved for teeth

Dance Demon
28th-May-2003, 09:13 AM
My other half often wears jive skirts, which are quite short, but they have sewn in "big pants" as part of the skirt.
I remember when I first started dancing about 4 years ago, there was a girl(can't remember her name) who used to demo on the stage at St Stephens, and she always wore a jive skirt with very skimpy knicks on, which was a bit of a distraction when you were trying to learn the moves:o

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
Flossing should be reserved for teeth

but the little itty bitty ones are soooooo comfy!!!!!!

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 10:08 AM
Hmmm....

I thought Aussies were renowned for using 'Tie me Kangaroo down, sport' every other sentence.

And of course, no American (especially of the teenage, female variety) would be complete without the occasional 'Awesome' or two (three, four, twelve, forty six......)

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
28th-May-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Brady
Deb, I'm with you 100%! Us Americans also use the word pants to describe what the Brits call trousers. I got myself caught out a couple times when I first moved here while mentioning my rubber rain pants. :really: :what: I quikly learned to call them rubber trousers!!! :sorry I think the problem is with these crazy Brits; they invent words, pass them to all the rest of us, then change the spelling/meaning later and wonder why we say the wrong thing!!!!!!

Cultural differences and a more toffee-nosed attitude probably lead to British moving from the coarse 'Pantaloon' to the more upper class 'Trousers' I imagine :) . Britain had the Victorian era to adjust daily speech that America missed out on - shame :)

A good joke to play on a gulible literal minded Briton in America is to invite them to a swing night and say they should wear pants, suspenders , a t-shirt and nothing else. The Americans will be wearing trousers and braces anyway and the Brit will look most out of place :D

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
A good joke to play on a gulible literal minded Briton in America is to invite them to a swing night and say they should wear pants, suspenders , a t-shirt and nothing else. The Americans will be wearing trousers and braces anyway and the Brit will look most out of place :D

Surely one would have to establish what kind of "swing" night it was before one decided who looked out of place in this scenario?

Dance Demon
28th-May-2003, 10:53 AM
just trying to imagine you in pants & suspenders chickie...................
( thats trousers & braces of course:wink: )

Chicklet
28th-May-2003, 11:13 AM
cheeky !!!

well, big weekend comin up DD, and I've heard it's going to be hot where we're going so not a lot of clothes required ....you just never know what I might pull out of my dressing up suitcase!!!!!:D :wink: :waycool:

Dance Demon
28th-May-2003, 11:17 AM
....,But Chickie.........surely if it's going to be hot, you should be dressing DOWN...............:wink: :yum:

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 01:44 PM
I learned this lesson the hard way in Blackpool - even with a knee-length skirt and no aerials, it is best to wear knickers with ample coverage. Photographic evidence exists *shudder* - retrieval of negatives is now a priority.... :sick:

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 01:54 PM
Divi....

I've already bought them off Deb......

Now you're going to have to match my price :D

Steve

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 01:56 PM
I do hope you are kidding.

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 02:00 PM
Do you really think that Deb (or I) would really do that to you.

Of course not :hug:

Mind you, the 6 foot poster of the shot went down pretty well at St. Mary's last Friday.... :na:

Steve

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 02:06 PM
The Tramp wrote:the 6 foot poster of the shot went down pretty well at St. Mary's last Friday.... Now I know you're kidding - any such mass hysteria/horror would have made the local news...

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 02:24 PM
We drove the very hordes before us. Brandishing such horrors that they could not even imagine. They ran from us, screaming and wailing.

Book of Steve: Chapter 2: Verse 3-4

:D

Steve

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 02:35 PM
yea, and a dark shadow descended across the land cast by the large shape which did block the very sunlight and the people were sore afraid...

Dreadful Scathe
28th-May-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
yea, and a dark shadow descended across the land cast by the large shape which did block the very sunlight and the people were sore afraid...

lol what on earth could you mean ?

...and the shape was clad in the finest green zoot suit and twas not a player of Sophie Elliss Bextor records....

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 03:51 PM
Oh. I don't mind her (too much!).

Just don't mention Shania Twain, Toploader or The Mavericks (ever), or Touch and Go (just at the moment). :na:

Steve

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 03:59 PM
DS wrote:and the shape was clad in the finest green zoot suit I was not referring to the Tramp, but to the generous proportions of my (J-Lo(esque) - I wish!) posterior

If you want to insult the Tramp, you're on your own :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
28th-May-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
If you want to insult the Tramp, you're on your own :wink:

on my own ? no other volunteers ? :)

ahh ok

OI Tramp you muppet

that do ? Im afraid i dont do rude words :)

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 04:29 PM
on my own ? no other volunteers ? :)

ahh ok

OI Tramp you muppet

that do ? Im afraid i dont do rude words :) OI. DS. You SMURF!!

Oh. Yeah. Ummm..... nevermind.

Steve

Divissima
28th-May-2003, 04:35 PM
Muppet? Call that an insult!?:wink:

Mind you, it's just as well you don't know any rude words because the Tramp wouldn't understand them. :innocent:

TheTramp
28th-May-2003, 04:36 PM
Absolutely.

I'm very sweet and innocent.

Steve

CJ
29th-May-2003, 01:49 AM
I'm very sweet and innocent.

Bolsheviks to that, my friend...:wink:

Deb
29th-May-2003, 07:45 AM
That's the other word I have got the Le Boppers using "Muppet"... I love that!

Bill
29th-May-2003, 09:09 AM
I remember a couple of years ago when I was taxi-ing a new woman ( who I had met before) asked about what to waer ans she stil remembers me telling her that most women wore their 'Ceroc pants'.

Through Fran, Avril, Laura et al I know of the troubles and problems facing a woman when she decides whether a thong under trousers will be ok; what about the VPL; should the dress have integral knickers etc........

Just glad I'm a boy and don't have such problems :D :sorry ..but I'm always willing to lend a hand and offer advise :na: :innocent:

And as for the current trend of young women deliberately showing off several inches of ( often greying ) elastic above their low cut trousers...well :sick: .......... one fashion statement I think many will regret in a couple of years. What was it David said about flossing ????

Dance Demon
29th-May-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Bill

Just glad I'm a boy and don't have such problems :D :sorry .

Yep Bill, just wear a basque and suspenders, and that's the problem solved eh:wink:

Chicklet
29th-May-2003, 09:22 AM

:
And as for the current trend of young women deliberately showing off several inches of ( often greying ) elastic above their low cut trousers...well :sick: .......... one fashion statement I think many will regret in a couple of years. What was it David said about flossing ????

Some of us avoid this with the nothing is more theory:wink: but I'm sure a man of your er experience wil lhave figured this out before now!!

OK I absolutely agree that the grey ones should be relegated to car washing duty but what about the tiny little black ones with the diamantes - are they OK to be seen?

hmmm do I feel a poll coming on??

Cx

CJ
29th-May-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

hmmm do I feel a poll coming on??

Cx

How often do you feel like coming on a poll? Or is my dislexia kicking in again?:rolleyes:

Chicklet
29th-May-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
How often do you feel like coming on a poll? rolleyes:

ooooh just when you're in the room to watch:devil:

**girl plays up to naughty DJ in (probably vain) attempt to get more Joe Turner on the "decks"**

Bill
29th-May-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Yep Bill, just wear a basque and suspenders, and that's the problem solved eh:wink:

Well.........:rolleyes: :sorry .............on the few occasions I have done, I've always ensured I wear appropriate 'pants' - I have a problem using that term.............. my generation still calls them knickers.:nice:

Dreadful Scathe
29th-May-2003, 04:33 PM
my generation still calls them knickers.:nice:

do women not call them that anymore - i still do - i cant be that old fashioned can i ? :)

Bill
29th-May-2003, 04:34 PM
Some of us avoid this with the nothing is more theory:wink: but I'm sure a man of your er experience wil lhave figured this out before now!!erm.........think this was the basis of a thread way back !!!!!!!!!! all about going 'commando' !! Best not to think about that too much when dancing with your partner I think
OK I absolutely agree that the grey ones should be relegated to car washing duty but what about the tiny little black ones with the diamantes - are they OK to be seen?Mmmmmmmmm........ still not sure...... maybe have to see them first :na: I have nothing against thongs .... ( did I just say that ??
:what: ................ but ( and how do I say this without sounding sizeist and sexist ??????)......... low cut trousers and thongs might look just about ok on certain figures but on some people looks no more attractive than traditional male 'builders bum' IMHO.......... but then young women ( and some not so young !!) are wearing them for men their own age, not for oldies like me.

Nothing wrong with a good solid pair of big pants :cheers: :D and I know some women who feel they need the extra support a thong just doesn't give :rolleyes: :eek:

stand back and wait for the flak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apologies in advance for any offence the above may cause :na: :rolleyes: :eek:

Bill
29th-May-2003, 04:45 PM
do women not call them that anymore - i still do - i cant be that old fashioned can i ? :)

Haven't you got anything better to do on a Thursday afternoon but read the Forum and make less than subtle suggestions that although more mature ( :D ) I'm old fashioned ????.......... I htink 'knickers' is perfectly acceptable as a term for undergarments. Or possibly younger people think it's just 'pants' !

John S
29th-May-2003, 06:06 PM
my generation still calls them knickers.:nice:
Not bloomers, then, Bill???

Anyway, "knickers" will confuse Brady and our other American cousins even more, as their big tough professional baseball players run around in knickers, don't they?

Dreadful Scathe
29th-May-2003, 08:18 PM
suggestions that although more mature ( :D ) I'm old fashioned

Didn't say there was anything wrong with old fashioned, even if i had been suggesting you were - which of course i wasn't. :)

Can I also suggest that you should add 'sophisticted' , 'debonair' and 'dashing' to the list of superlatives to describe B.T.C Bill ? Simply 'mature' isnt good enough :)

CJ
29th-May-2003, 09:04 PM
And there was me thinking it was Bill who put the old into fashioned.:D

Bill
30th-May-2003, 10:28 AM
Can I also suggest that you should add 'sophisticted' , 'debonair' and 'dashing' to the list of superlatives to describe B.T.C Bill ? Simply 'mature' isnt good enough :)

I'd be far too modest to agree.......................... :D :innocent: :na:

Chicklet
30th-May-2003, 04:57 PM

Knickers by far the best word:D

servicestationchickie&tt

Twinkle Toes
3rd-June-2003, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet
Knickers by far the best word:D

service station chickie & tt

KNICKERS KNICKERS KNICKERS

.... Preferably French ones !

TT x
Back home after a great (showing of knickers) weekend in Pwelli :wink: :wink:

Bill
4th-June-2003, 11:29 AM
No wonder it was a little quiet on Saturday. You and a host of others were missing !

Hope you all had fun and the men enjoyed the 'view' :D :sorry

Chicklet
4th-June-2003, 11:39 AM

No wonder it was a little quiet on Saturday. You and a host of others were missing !

Fantastic fun, thank you and we were all far from quiet on Saturday!!!:D Busy making friends to "play with " on sultry Sunday :wink: and dancing with microwaves into the wee small hours:rofl:

Twinkle Toes
4th-June-2003, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

Well Bill, you should have been there, but since you weren't, we had to make do with Chris (who volunteered actually :rolleyes:) to stick our letters on our knickers. We all had one letter each which spelt Scotland .... yes, 8 bottoms, covered only by the skimpiest of wee kilts.

Personally, I think he was far too inexperienced for the job.
Was going to get Roy the Boy to fill in, but his hands looked a bit shakey as well - mind you though, he did manage to take a few pics when the kilts were up.

Yes, our boys were both very obliging. :innocent:

TT x :hug:

Grant
5th-June-2003, 02:27 PM
and dancing with microwaves into the wee small hours:rofl:
You've just reminded me of TT's late night 'my salsa partner has led me face first into this wall but I'm still dancing' routine. What a laugh. Nice one TT:D :D
:cheers:
Grant

Twinkle Toes
9th-June-2003, 03:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grant
You've just reminded me of TT's late night 'my salsa partner has led me face first into this wall but I'm still dancing' routine. What a laugh. Nice one TT:D :D
:cheers: Grant

Don't know what you are talking about Grant :innocent:

.... You were obviously a bit inebriated ( If that's how you spell it)

TT x :hug: