PDA

View Full Version : Whats On Friday 24th November

Trouble
19th-November-2006, 03:49 PM
Appear to have a gap in my upcoming weekend and want to do some good dancing. London obviously......Whats on people is there anything worth the journey,... ???? HELP NEEDED :D :flower: :flower:

Minnie M
19th-November-2006, 04:03 PM
Appear to have a gap in my upcoming weekend and want to do some good dancing. London obviously......Whats on people is there anything worth the journey,... ???? HELP NEEDED :D :flower: :flower:

Only one place to go this Friday if you are in London ASHTONS !!!

(I'll be at Camber though :D )

Trouble
19th-November-2006, 05:08 PM
thanks Minnie, didn't realise Ashton's was on xxxx

littlewiggle
19th-November-2006, 06:29 PM
Bedford is always a great night out!

sidney
20th-November-2006, 11:29 AM
For anyone in the Midlands, it is Coventry at the Jag centre Jive fever Ian's the guy who run's it and it has built up a following with great music and a fantastic floor and that is on fri and sat there is the Pulse in Burwell in Notts so that is my weekend taken care of and it will be only then one more week to Gran Canaries with Jive Addiction can't wait:clap:

fletch
20th-November-2006, 12:28 PM
For anyone in the Midlands, it is Coventry at the Jag centre Jive fever Ian's the guy who run's it and it has built up a following with great music and a fantastic floor.

:yeah:

I have has some fab nights at Coventry, the floor is lovely :cheers:

I will be there with my 'Joe' :hug:

Northants Girly
20th-November-2006, 01:12 PM

.:yeah:

Had a good time there a few weeks ago so maybe will pop along again later :D

fletch
20th-November-2006, 01:46 PM

Had a good time there a few weeks ago so maybe will pop along again later :D

I'll share my dance partner's if you do :wink: :na:

:rofl:

sidney
20th-November-2006, 02:00 PM

.Save me a dance with Joe, he did his good scout deed looking after my:D brother's beer when he went to the loo.

Lucy Locket
20th-November-2006, 02:47 PM
I'll be (with my goodies) at Ceroc Midlands Halesowen on Friday (late finish i believe) :clap: & Ceroc Midlands Walsall on Saturday (Debbie Attwood's leaving party night):flower:

Northants Girly
20th-November-2006, 03:18 PM
I'll share my dance partner's if you do :wink: :na:

:rofl:You can have a bit of M anytime you want :wink:

fletch
20th-November-2006, 05:07 PM
Save me a dance with Joe, he did his good scout deed looking after my:D brother's beer when he went to the loo.

He likes to help :flower: and he will be gratful for a dance he practise his new moves :what:

You can have a bit of M anytime you want :wink:

Ok Ok girls I will share BARMPOT with you :na:

Linda can I chose which bit I have :whistle: :D

Yogi_Bear
20th-November-2006, 05:43 PM
Definitely Bedford Corn Exchange on Friday the 24th..!
....not sure about the 25th though as the Rushden Jiv-Vibe event is an unknown quantity and expensive at £12, Nuneaton is also unknown and the Ceroc Leamington Spa website does not excactly motivate me to go either...nowhere else is within travelling distance....

SnowWhite
20th-November-2006, 07:47 PM
Can't decide between Bedford and Ashton's...

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions - I've never been good at making those. (or cakes! Never been good at making those either! :what: )

And that's without even thinking about Saturday! :eek:

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 07:55 PM
And that's without even thinking about Saturday! :eek:

You don't have to think about that. You'll be coming to Hammersmith. Won't you? :yum:

David Bailey
20th-November-2006, 08:43 PM
Anyone know who's DJ-ing at Ashtons?

lindyloo
20th-November-2006, 09:30 PM
Anyone know who's DJ-ing at Ashtons?

Hi

Bob and Erick or Bob and Ian

Lindax

David Bailey
20th-November-2006, 09:31 PM
Excellent - thanks :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-November-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi

LindaxBut definitely not Erick and Ian? :whistle:

OXO'S
21st-November-2006, 04:48 PM
I shall be djing at walsall town hall SAT 25TH NOV.Its DEBBIE ATTWOODS farewell party she is leaving ceroc mids to conentrate on her own venues.
If you know debs she is a superb dance teacher and has tremendous stage presence,she is doing a tango class,and the eve starts AT 8.00PM-0045.
It will great to see as many people there as possible:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yogi_Bear
21st-November-2006, 06:20 PM
I shall be djing at walsall town hall SAT 25TH NOV.Its DEBBIE ATTWOODS farewell party she is leaving ceroc mids to conentrate on her own venues.
If you know debs she is a superb dance teacher and has tremendous stage presence,she is doing a tango class,and the eve starts AT 8.00PM-0045.
It will great to see as many people there as possible:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds good, but it's a long way from where I will be on Saturday (Rugby) as I have to get back to Norwich....unless anyone can offer a lift from Warkwicks to Walsall or wherever.......

Juju
21st-November-2006, 06:26 PM

Yay! I want to go. :clap:

... bet I'll get lost. :sad:

Also I'm gripped by the idea of trying tango. Me trying to tango. Should be hilarious. :blush:

Danger Mouse
22nd-November-2006, 11:42 AM

Thought she'd done that ages ago, still what do I know.

If you know debs she is a superb dance teacher and has tremendous stage presence

I'd second that.

Danger Mouse
22nd-November-2006, 11:52 AM
For anyone in the Midlands, it is Coventry at the Jag centre Jive fever Ian's the guy who run's it and it has built up a following with great music and a fantastic floor and that is on fri and sat there is the Pulse in Burwell in Notts so that is my weekend taken care of and it will be only then one more week to Gran Canaries with Jive Addiction can't wait:clap:

Coventry Jive Fever (I'm always going to call it Coventry Blitz) is my favourite freestyle and I'll be there on Friday. :clap:

4 Good reasons why:

Great Dance floor
Music is always to my liking.
The friendliest place I go.
I’ll know lots of people there.

Oh!! Coventry is my home city so that may also have a bearing too. :grin:

Miss Conduct
22nd-November-2006, 01:02 PM
Don't forget Chesham on Friday... (not too far out of London) www.cerocchilterns.co.uk

Guest teacher is 'H' (Humphrey) again!!! :drool:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't forget Chesham on Friday... (not too far out of London) www.cerocchilterns.co.uk

Oooh, who's demo-ing with him then? :whistle:

You shameless self-promoter you...

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 05:46 PM

Oh no it's not.

c'mon it's nearly panto time:whistle:

stewart38
22nd-November-2006, 05:51 PM

Agree with all that , wish her well in her new venture away from ceroc mmm is a common theme going on here .

Sinner
23rd-November-2006, 04:25 AM
In case anyone lives South of the M25, lets not forget Ashstead in Surrey which is run by Colin Shaul. Generally sells out and is a nice dancfloor too. Has the main room and a blues room:respect: www.leroc.biz

Minnie M
23rd-November-2006, 08:50 AM
In case anyone lives South of the M25, lets not forget Ashstead in Surrey which is run by Colin Shaul. Generally sells out and is a nice dancfloor too. Has the main room and a blues room:respect: www.leroc.biz

I went to Colin Shaul's LeRoc Ashtead dance last Saturday with Dangerous Curves and had the best time I have had for ages. Colin always plays great music:respect::worthy: (he can really read the floor) + Sheepy in the Swing & Blues room :worthy: - really happy friendly faces and lots of really good dancers and coffee/tea and yummy cakes to finish.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Definitely recommend this night :flower:

However ............ it's not on this Friday, BUT he does have a dance at Friends Provident and it will possibly be the same crowd and they have a top teacher doing the class :whistle:

Sinner
23rd-November-2006, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the correction Minnie.. thats what happens when you post something in the early hours, half asleep.. have Ashstead on the brain at the moment.. so.. FRIENDS PROVIDENT, near Dorking it is then..:grin:

Lucy Locket
23rd-November-2006, 09:29 PM
Agree with all that , wish her well in her new venture away from ceroc mmm is a common theme going on here .

Debbie is now ceroc kidderminster :flower:

Spice 'n' Easy
24th-November-2006, 10:45 AM
Ashton's for me tonight. The Friday night freestyle is still one of the best nights out in London :clap: :clap:

Zebra Woman
24th-November-2006, 01:30 PM
Ashton's for me tonight. The Friday night freestyle is still one of the best nights out in London :clap: :clap:

Yeah, Ashtons for me too. Anyone know who is DJ ing tonight?

Yogi_Bear
24th-November-2006, 01:37 PM

It's Bedford for me. I've always enjoyed it, and it's convenient for where I will be staying the night......Ashton's remains on my 'to do' list :whistle:

WittyBird
24th-November-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, Ashtons for me too. Anyone know who is DJ ing tonight?

Erick :clap:

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 01:51 PM
Erick :clap:
And Bob, apparently?

Spice 'n' Easy
24th-November-2006, 02:18 PM
And Bob, apparently?

Yep. Bob too

WittyBird
24th-November-2006, 02:24 PM
Yep. Bob too

Rita?

Trouble
24th-November-2006, 02:29 PM
Rita?

sue?......

Zebra Woman
24th-November-2006, 02:29 PM
Rita?

Sue?

:devil:

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 02:31 PM
Sue?

:devil:

Normally I'd feel a need to moderate this, but I'm more than happy to see these silly threads get clugged with as much junk as possible. :na:

Carry on, please :clap:

Trouble
24th-November-2006, 02:32 PM
Normally I'd feel a need to moderate this, but I'm more than happy to see these silly threads get clugged with as much junk as possible. :na:

Carry on, please :clap:

ooooh time of the month DJ... :yum:

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 02:36 PM
ooooh time of the month DJ... :yum:
Yeah - it's called "Between the start and the end".

Yogi_Bear
24th-November-2006, 02:40 PM
It's Bedford for me. I've always enjoyed it, and it's convenient for where I will be staying the night......Ashton's remains on my 'to do' list :whistle:

Bedford tonight runs till 12.30 AM :clap: (not on web site, I had to phone and ask....)

Trouble
24th-November-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah - it's called "Between the start and the end".

mmm - figures :D :D

Rebecca
24th-November-2006, 03:50 PM
Bedford tonight runs till 12.30 AM :clap: (not on web site, I had to phone and ask....)

Am considering coming over to Bedford tonight. I'll try to locate you for a dance (not sure if we've danced before).

Have fun this weekend everyone :clap:

Georgious dancer
24th-November-2006, 07:25 PM
Ashtons for me tonight - can't wait been a while since I made it there!X

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 07:35 PM
Ashtons for me tonight - can't wait been a while since I made it there!X
I'm still wavering - Chesham, Ashtons or Finchley tomorrow... decisions decisions...

tiger
24th-November-2006, 07:59 PM
i think ashtons will be good as there hasnt been a friday freestyle for a long time. Ashtons it is.

David Bailey
24th-November-2006, 08:58 PM
i think ashtons will be good as there hasnt been a friday freestyle for a long time. Ashtons it is.
Oh well, seeing as you say so :devil:

MartinHarper
25th-November-2006, 02:40 AM
I'll be (with my goodies) at Ceroc Midlands Halesowen on Friday (late finish i believe) :clap:

I am really cross with myself for not finding out about the late nights at Halesowen before tonight. It's a gem of a freestyle, and only 30 mins from home.

robd
25th-November-2006, 03:24 AM
Decided to go to Bedford this week instead of Ashtons having not danced locally very frequently for quite some time. Bad choice methinks. Music not to my taste at all (nor to many others I spoke too). Very crowded, lots of bumping and bashing going on. Less than a handful of dances that I actually enjoyed (tho did manage a basic cha cha and an equally basic WCS to a couple of appropriate tracks). I hasten to add that my enjoyment is up to me to provide just as much as my partners and given the music and very busy floor I just really wasn't in the mood :sad:

Given that I have levelled similar criticisms at Ashtons in the past I am not sure I would have had a better night had I gone there but then it's always tempting to ponder 'what if.....'

Robert

bigdjiver
25th-November-2006, 03:53 AM
:yeah: :mad: ...and it was too hot for my comfort.
OTOH There were a lot of superb and fun dancers there, and the water was free.
On a personal note, I was busy ignoring Doctors advice to rest my muscle strain, and, that, the crowds, temperature, and the all too infrequent inspiration from the music meant that I generally gave the ladies far below my best. Nevertheless one superb connected dance, and a lot of fun ones, ensured that I enjoyed my evening.

David Bailey
25th-November-2006, 10:33 AM
Ashtons was OK - standard fare, nothing special, there'll be another one along in a minute.

Seemed relatively quite though - ie. there was space to dance and it wasn't too hot. But I need to remember to take more money to pay for for the extensive Ashtons bar bill, I foolishly assumed £20 would see me through the night :rolleyes:

robd
25th-November-2006, 12:24 PM
But I need to remember to take more money to pay for for the extensive Ashtons bar bill, I foolishly assumed £20 would see me through the night :rolleyes:

So you were just on the water then? :rolleyes:

robd
25th-November-2006, 12:29 PM
OTOH There were a lot of superb and fun dancers there {Bedford}

Fun, yes. Superb, well it depends how you define that but I'll concede it's a subjective assessment.

Dodgy music and a dodgems floor is a good nutshell description for the night.

Cruella
25th-November-2006, 12:29 PM
I think that Ashtons was more of a 'ladies night' last night, there seemed to be alot of good men there. In fact i didn't seem to find time to get around to dancing with them all. :sad:

But I need to remember to take more money to pay for for the extensive Ashtons bar bill, I foolishly assumed £20 would see me through the night
So that's why my drinks kept disappearing.:whistle:

robd
25th-November-2006, 12:31 PM
I think that Ashtons was more of a 'ladies night' last night

Was Danny there by any chance? :D

Andreas
25th-November-2006, 12:41 PM
Ashtons was OK - standard fare, nothing special, there'll be another one along in a minute.

Seemed relatively quite though - ie. there was space to dance and it wasn't too hot. But I need to remember to take more money to pay for for the extensive Ashtons bar bill, I foolishly assumed £20 would see me through the night :rolleyes:

20 would have been enough if only you had not tried to take a dozen ladies to the bar but just a handful you greedy sod. :na: Was good to finally meet you. :nice: :cheers:

My take on the night, it was a good night but nothing special. I became victim of this 8 minutes lasting track of nothing but boom boom. To the DJs, does really anybody request that piece? I mean it is no music but all beat and for being so terribly uninspiring it goes on for way too long. The blending from one track to the next was done pretty well, too good in fact. With quite a few (too many) techno tracks being played it was virtually impossible to tell them apart until half way through the next song. Consequently it appeared rude to say 'let us sit that one out' because it seemed like the first track hadn't actually finished. :whistle: I liked the good number of Cha Chas and Rumbas and thanks heaps to the ladies that danced them with me. :hug:

David Bailey
25th-November-2006, 12:56 PM
So you were just on the water then? :rolleyes:
Soda and lime, as recommended by Stewart38, is going to be my drink from now on.

I was on the orange-and-lemonade kick, but that's £2.60 a pint, S-and-L is £1.40.

Bargain, by Ashton's standards.

20 would have been enough if only you had not tried to take a dozen ladies to the bar but just a handful you greedy sod. :na: Was good to finally meet you. :nice: :cheers:
:grin:

My take on the night, it was a good night but nothing special. I became victim of this 8 minutes lasting track of nothing but boom boom. To the DJs, does really anybody request that piece? I mean it is no music but all beat and for being so terribly uninspiring it goes on for way too long. The blending from one track to the next was done pretty well, too good in fact. With quite a few (too many) techno tracks being played it was virtually impossible to tell them apart until half way through the next song. Consequently it appeared rude to say 'let us sit that one out' because it seemed like the first track hadn't actually finished. :whistle: I liked the good number of Cha Chas and Rumbas and thanks heaps to the ladies that danced them with me. :hug:
The music was, well, as I expected, so at least I can't say I was surprised.

There were a couple of nice sets around 11 - 11.30, and again 12.30 - 1, however.

littlewiggle
25th-November-2006, 03:26 PM
Went to Bedford last night - didn't enjoy it as much as usual though. Got a bit fed up with being elbowed, trodden on and generally bashed about. Did have some good dances though. Dancing with strangers is a bit like eating a bag of Revels as you never know what you are going to get! I did get some coffee ones .... :tears: but on the whole enjoyable :nice:

Yogi_Bear
26th-November-2006, 05:18 PM
Went to Bedford last night - didn't enjoy it as much as usual though. Got a bit fed up with being elbowed, trodden on and generally bashed about. Did have some good dances though. Dancing with strangers is a bit like eating a bag of Revels as you never know what you are going to get! I did get some coffee ones .... :tears: but on the whole enjoyable :nice:

I was also at Bedford (arrived around 9.45). The music was not at all to my taste and was far too loud. I think that sums it up. Apart from that I had a pleasant evening. Nice to meet you LW and also Snow White ....and renew acquaintance with a few others I hadn't seen in a long time.....