PDA

View Full Version : Does your MJ teacher "work the floor"?

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 02:00 PM
On the plus side it would be nice to see demo's & teacher's actually dancing with people rather than with whom they like or not at all.This really bugs me. On the one hand I have Nigel Anderson who is one of the A-List teachers in the UK. His round-trip to teach for us in Shoreham is over 3 hours. But he always stays and dances with our ladies - of all shapes, sizes and levels of babeness:respect: On the other hand, we have another teacher who lives much nearer, has won a few dance competitions and is exactly the opposite. Recently I asked him if he was prepared to teach for us, his answer was "yes, but I'll do just one lesson, it will cost you £XXX (the same as Nigel Charges for teaching both lessons) and I won't dance with the punters afterwards". Unsurprisingly, I didn't book him:angry:

At my classes I spend most of the night dancing with everyone and anyone. Not because I think I should, but because I love dancing. And I think it's even better when you do it with loads of different people. I do dance with the beginners and coach them, not because I enjoy the dance, but because I want them to come back and become good dancers too.

This poll has 3 sections and you can vote more than once. The first is about independent teachers in the UK, the second is about Ceroc teachers in Scotland and the third is about Ceroc teachers in England. Please vote in as many sections as you can.

Gus
18th-November-2006, 02:11 PM
Interesting point. For the first n years as a teacher I worked the floor vociferously. However, over the last 6 months or so I realised that I was finding it hard work to keep on doing that. Maybe there simply comes a point where you feel that you've done enough of the floor walking and just want to relax after teaching. There is a separate argument about whether your teachers fee includes 'floor working' (I'm now referring more to the non-Ceroc scene). In my area I think its a very small minority of instructors who consciously try to dance with ALL dancers, not just their pets. As an instructor, I don't feel comfortable with not working the floor as much as I should, and thats why I've quit. However, although there is a real benefit to the punters, I can totally understand an instructor stating up front that they service they offer just includes the lessons and nothing more.

Genie
18th-November-2006, 02:40 PM
I know about four or five teachers now and they all try to dance with people afterwards. It's nice to see. But I remember one of them saying to me (on a night out, not a Ceroc class) that she puts a lot into her classes by doing all these things, but doesn't get much back.

I guess people don't appreciate a good teacher who works hard, until they stop doing it. Then everyone starts complaining :(

El Salsero Gringo
18th-November-2006, 03:10 PM
I find the distinction between Ceroc Scotland (one franchise, 11 venues) and Ceroc in England (25? franchises, 151 venues) fascinating. It reveals much about what Andy's trying to prove.

Lory
18th-November-2006, 03:32 PM
I can't tick the poll, as I know two teachers, who share the same venue on alternate weeks but are at the extremes of the spectrum.

One goes out of her way to do everything she can to welcome new people, she dances with anyone who asks and actively seeks out newbies and is just generally very friendly and encouraging :worthy:

Whereas the other one, puts his coat on the second the class is over. Actually, I tell a lie, I have seen him dance occasionally but only with his G/friend! I have seen him spend some time chatting too but of course, that's only with selected people and definitely not newbies!:cool:

And no, I'm not naming names ;)

Lynn
18th-November-2006, 03:39 PM
I notice there is no option for Ceroc NI. I guess that could be because a) we only have one teacher - Drathzel and b) she definitely works the floor and does so extremely well. From the stage she encourages everyone to ask her for a dance and I've seen her give a big smile of delight when one of our beginners (who was a bit shy I think) has asked her to dance.

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 03:45 PM
I find the distinction between Ceroc Scotland (one franchise, 11 venues) and Ceroc in England (25? franchises, 151 venues) fascinating. It reveals much about what Andy's trying to prove.Actually, I'm trying to prove that I'm aware that this is a Scottish Ceroc Forum:innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-November-2006, 03:48 PM
Actually, I'm trying to prove that I'm aware that this is a Scottish Ceroc Forum:innocent:If you say so, Boss ... :whistle:

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 04:13 PM
I notice there is no option for Ceroc NI. I guess that could be because a) we only have one teacher - Drathzel and b) she definitely works the floor and does so extremely well. From the stage she encourages everyone to ask her for a dance and I've seen her give a big smile of delight when one of our beginners (who was a bit shy I think) has asked her to dance.I did think about putting in a section for NI and Wales - but there are so few forumites from those countries I thought they might look bad. I suppose I could have put in a section for Australia and NZ, sorry.

On the subject of EGS's post I'm quite happy to be more specific. I haven't attended many Ceroc venues but, in all but one instance, have noticed a signal absence of teachers 'working the floor. The handful of Ceroc classes I've been to recently in the UK have had teachers who either didn't dance at all after the lesson or only seemed to dance with a select few. The one who didn't dance at all was at Ceroc Horsham. The teachers who only danced with a few people after the lesson were were at Ceroc in Guildford, St Neots, Woking, Swindon, Crawley and Croydon. The only Ceroc night I've attended where the teacher worked the floor was at Haywards Heath, formerly a RebelRoc venue and formerly a RebelRoc teacher. So, to answer ESG, I was wondering if this was part of a nationwide trend and also if this was common to independent organisers. I have no competitive consideration as we don't currently have Ceroc near any of my venues.

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 04:16 PM
I can't tick the poll, as I know two teachers, who share the same venue on alternate weeks but are at the extremes of the spectrum.

One goes out of her way to do everything she can to welcome new people, she dances with anyone who asks and actively seeks out newbies and is just generally very friendly and encouraging :worthy:

Whereas the other one, puts his coat on the second the class is over. Actually, I tell a lie, I have seen him dance occasionally but only with his G/friend! I have seen him spend some time chatting too but of course, that's only with selected people and definitely not newbies!:cool:

And no, I'm not naming names ;)You could vote twice. Once for each type of teacher. And what have your experiences been at independent venues - or even Ceroc Scotland Venues?

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 04:17 PM
If you say so, Boss ... :whistle:I could be trying to prove that the Scots are a superior race. But why would I need to do that, it's obvious :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
18th-November-2006, 04:18 PM
I did think about putting in a section for NI and Wales - but there are so few forumites from those countries I thought they might look bad. I suppose I could have put in a section for Australia and NZ, sorry.

On the subject of EGS's post I'm quite happy to be more specific. I haven't attended many Ceroc venues but, in all but one instance, have noticed a signal absence of teachers 'working the floor. The handful of Ceroc classes I've been to recently in the UK have had teachers who either didn't dance at all after the lesson or only seemed to dance with a select few. The one who didn't dance at all was at Ceroc Horsham. The teachers who only danced with a few people after the lesson were were at Ceroc in Guildford, St Neots, Woking, Swindon, Crawley and Croydon. The only Ceroc night I've attended where the teacher worked the floor was at Haywards Heath, formerly a RebelRoc venue and formerly a RebelRoc teacher. So, to answer ESG, I was wondering if this was part of a nationwide trend and also if this was common to independent organisers. I have no competitive consideration as we don't currently have Ceroc near any of my venues.So your private survey of Ceroc in England consists entirely of venues in the South East? Nothing from Ceroc London? Nothing from Ceroc Midlands? Ceroc Central? Your survey's looking for a Scotland/England split, but anyone who's studied statistics to any depth knows that when you bias your survey to look for a specific result even if you find it, it doesn't reveal anything meaningful.

Lynn
18th-November-2006, 04:20 PM
I did think about putting in a section for NI and Wales - but there are so few forumites from those countries I thought they might look bad. I suppose I could have put in a section for Australia and NZ, sorry.
I didn't really want a NI section. As I said we only have the one person and its not an issue.
So your private survey of Ceroc in England consists entirely of venues in the South East? Nothing from Ceroc London? Nothing from Ceroc Midlands? Ceroc Central? Your survey's looking for a Scotland/England split, but anyone who's studied statistics to any depth knows that when you bias your survey to look for a specific result even if you find it, it doesn't reveal anything meaningful.People can only comment on where they have danced. Wasn't that rather the reason Andy posted a poll - so that people who danced in lots of different areas could vote and/or comment?

El Salsero Gringo
18th-November-2006, 04:24 PM
I didn't really want a NI section. As I said we only have the one person and its not an issue.People can only comment on where they have danced. Wasn't that rather the reason Andy posted a poll - so that people who danced in lots of different areas could vote and/or comment?I don't know why Andy posted a poll, but he doesn't say the poll is only for people who dance in lots of different areas; I presume we're all invited to vote. But it would make more sense to split England up into regions or franchises.

Lynn
18th-November-2006, 04:33 PM
I don't know why Andy posted a poll, but he doesn't say the poll is only for people who dance in lots of different areas; I presume we're all invited to vote.I'm sure you know what I meant and are trying to pick up on grammatical correctness here, but I'll explain anyway. I meant people from the forum dance in different areas. Different people who dance in different areas. Not a subsection of people who dance in lots of different areas.

El Salsero Gringo
18th-November-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm sure you know what I meant and are trying to pick up on grammatical correctness here, but I'll explain anyway. I meant people from the forum dance in different areas. Different people who dance in different areas. Not a subsection of people who dance in lots of different areas.My apologies :flower: - I misunderstood.

Andy McGregor
18th-November-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't know why Andy posted a poll, but he doesn't say the poll is only for people who dance in lots of different areas; I presume we're all invited to vote. But it would make more sense to split England up into regions or franchises.Yes it would. But it would also make it unweildy. My original split was going to be a simple one of independent organisers and Ceroc. But I thought it might make it more interesting to put in a Scottish bias as this is a Scottish Forum. The survey is there as a device to stimulate qualitative debate about teachers working the floor. It is not intended to stimulate debate about survey design and I will not be using the results to publish a peer-reviewed paper in The International Journal of Dance.

So, to stimulate a bit of qualitative discussion. Which dance teachers get out there and dance with their students. Off the top of my head I nominate Nigel Anderson & Roger Chin. Anyone else spring to mind, and, more importantly, let's have some justification.

TheTramp
18th-November-2006, 04:44 PM
Difficult to vote on this. I've been to so many places over the Uk to dance, that I can probably tick every single box if I think about it!

In Scotland, most of the teachers work the floor pretty well. A couple don't really. One doesn't dance at all. And there's a couple of the Edinburgh teachers that I've not really seen teach ever yet.

Incidentally, just to point out that there are 2 franchises in Scotland. One in Edinburgh only, and then Franck does the rest.

drathzel
18th-November-2006, 11:20 PM
I believe you have missed out Ceroc Northern Ireland:rolleyes:

oops you did mention it

drathzel
18th-November-2006, 11:22 PM
I didn't really want a NI section. As I said we only have the one person and its not an issue.People can only comment on where they have danced. Wasn't that rather the reason Andy posted a poll - so that people who danced in lots of different areas could vote and/or comment?

:blush:

still would have been nice to have the opertunity to vote in the box though and there has been other independants in NI too

David Bailey
19th-November-2006, 11:24 AM
still would have been nice to have the opertunity to vote in the box though and there has been other independants in NI too
Knock yourself out :)

Lynn
19th-November-2006, 05:53 PM
still would have been nice to have the opertunity to vote in the box though and there has been other independants in NI tooWell just the one really, 3 years ago. There may have been others before that of course but I've never come across anyone who has heard of any or been to any classes. My evenings didn't count as I didn't really teach (much). Though I did dance with as many as possible!

drathzel
19th-November-2006, 10:48 PM
so lynn and i voted for the NI one but who else did?????:really:

although :blush:

Bara Davies
19th-November-2006, 10:50 PM
I think I can go one better - at my favourite London venue, the teacher has refused to dance with me 3 times. (I WILL keep asking until he gives in . . . . !!) Not only that but he races through the classes at a rate that even the experienced men usually fail to follow!!

Lynn
20th-November-2006, 12:07 AM
so lynn and i voted for the NI one but who else did?????:really: Dallen probably, he was online earlier today.

(I don't think you're supposed to own up that you voted for yourself.):rofl:

Andy McGregor
20th-November-2006, 12:48 AM
I think I can go one better - at my favourite London venue, the teacher has refused to dance with me 3 times. (I WILL keep asking until he gives in . . . . !!) Not only that but he races through the classes at a rate that even the experienced men usually fail to follow!!I suppose the question should be "why is it your favourite venue?" The other one is "is it a Ceroc venue or an independent?"

DavidY
20th-November-2006, 12:55 AM
There was the same teacher at both Ceroc venues I went to last week. He was 'working the floor' (dancing with beginners + more experienced dancers) on both nights.

Trousers
20th-November-2006, 02:45 AM
If I may be so bold as to chuck a couple o' penneth o'er the floor::whistle:

IMHO :devil:

[Rant Mode]

the only venues (as a rule and there are exceptions) that really "work the floor" are independents and small franchises. :respect:

I spent a lot of time dancing Ceroc Central - Little Em :awe: danced the floor at Leicester and Emma :respect: sometimes (when she wasn't mid event) danced the floor after their lessons (i know this because I loved to dance with both) but the other venues - "quick show of face and leggit" :eek:

Now I'm back (ooh there's a song there) in the south and I see a fair bit of Ceroc Surrey - and the floor is definitely the place where the plebs are not the beautiful people - sorry teachers (poetic moment) :what:

Long gone are the days when RebelRoc was giving the Ceroc Behemoth a swift kick up the arse for it's poor technique :respect: . Shame that!

I do know some - Ok I know one ceroc teacher that works the floor and does a fine job too but she doesn't frequent our twilight forum world so I won't big her up any more! :nice:

But I dance loads of places and as a rule it works - If it's Ceroc don't expect the teacher on the floor after their lesson. :what: Personally I don't want to see them doing private lessons I want to see them enjoying what they are trying to teach us to do - why should we go if they can't be "bovvered" to do it either? :confused: Or are they all Hotshots!! :(

I went to St Neots by Mistake tonight grabbed a dance or two; the mad woman who runs that venue :whistle: you can't keep her off the floor - But I did try! must be loosing my touch. :angry:

These smaller venues/franchises care about their art - I too care about my art! It's important!

[/Rant Mode]

Thank you for your patience Normal service can now be resumed!

Bara Davies
20th-November-2006, 08:39 AM
I suppose the question should be "why is it your favourite venue?" The other one is "is it a Ceroc venue or an independent?"
I don't go to venues for the classes or specifically to dance with the teacher (I only asked the 3rd time out of interest - to see if he WOULD have another excuse handy! it was 3 times over a period of a couple of months.) - but for the good, friendly freestyle dancers (and the pub afterwards, not that I am giving anything away!!). And yes it was a Ceroc venue.

Bara Davies
20th-November-2006, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=Trousers;308546]- If it's Ceroc don't expect the teacher on the floor after their lesson. [QUOTE]

Btw at my local Ceroc venue not only does the teacher dance for most of the evening, but he stays on to chat afterwards! However, I agree, this is not the norm.

Frankie_4711
20th-November-2006, 09:06 AM
I think I can go one better - at my favourite London venue, the teacher has refused to dance with me 3 times. (I WILL keep asking until he gives in . . . . !!) Not only that but he races through the classes at a rate that even the experienced men usually fail to follow!!

If we're doing one-upmanship here, how about being turned down by the teacher three times IN ONE NIGHT?? I still ask (glutton for punishment!) and he doesn't always turn me down! Thing is, when he does say yes, he's great to dance with. In general he only dances with his select few though.

Others I have experienced:

Two males - one chats to the DJ, and occassionaly dances with his faves, but doesn't turn people down if they ask him; the other does ask a few to dance, but I wouldn't call it 'working the floor'

Four females - one is on the floor most of the night; two do a fair job of dancing with quite a few, and the other one disappears outside with her friends the moment the class is finished never to be seen again. (bear in mind of these four, one I have only experienced once, and one of the others only a few times, so this may not be typical behaviour!)

These are all Ceroc teachers.

David Bailey
20th-November-2006, 09:23 AM
I think the problem is that this is such a grey area, it relies on the goodwill of the teacher - and if there's no direct financial incentive for a teacher to do this, there's less chance that they will spend extra time and effort doing so. This is not a reflection of "Ceroc teachers being bad", it's a reflection of the different business incentives.

So it's not surprising that venues where the teachers have a direct stake in the business (independents, and some Ceroc venues such as NI) are also the venues where the teachers make the most effort to promote the business.

Also, from what's said on the "taxi" thread, I understand that there may be a revamp of how teacher roles are defined - so this area is possibly something that's been recognised as a problem already, and may be being addressed.

This is a very similar topic to the "Paying teachers (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10307)" thread - not surprising as that too was inspired by Mr McGregor - so I think many of the points in that thread apply.

sidney
20th-November-2006, 10:36 AM
When I used to go our venue, have not been now for a couple of months our teacher dances with a select few or girlfriend, and is hard to catch him as he tends to hang outside.:sad:

fletch
20th-November-2006, 10:45 AM
When I used to go our venue, have not been now for a couple of months our teacher dances with a select few or girlfriend, and is hard to catch him as he tends to hang outside.:sad:

I think this happens :sad:

Mentioning no names :rolleyes: but it took 18 months and people asking questions about my existence due to my posts on the forum, to be even acknowledge by mine let alone a dance. :mad:

Hi how you getting on is all it takes sometimes :(

:flower:

Northants Girly
20th-November-2006, 01:28 PM
I think this happens :sad:

Mentioning no names . . . . . Yep - better to name those who do deserve our praise

I'm not a regular anywhere these days but I have been to Rugby a few times recently and both Marc and Rachel consistantly "work the floor" all night long :clap:

fletch
20th-November-2006, 01:36 PM
Yep - better to name those who do deserve our praise

I'm not a regular anywhere these days but I have been to Rugby a few times recently and both Marc and Rachel consistantly "work the floor" all night long :clap:

:yeah:

Marc and Rachel are the least like 'hotshots' I have ever met :worthy:

Rachel allways dances with my freind BARMPOT and try's to help him out :clap:

I wen't to Steve's 't' dance yesterday and he allway try's to get everone, bit harder now there are so many of us,the nice thing about Steve if you bump into him at another venue he makes a beetline to chat and dance. :hug:

drathzel
20th-November-2006, 02:23 PM
Dallen probably, he was online earlier today.

(I don't think you're supposed to own up that you voted for yourself.):rofl:

at least i am honest!

There are now four??? stop confusing me:tears:

drathzel
20th-November-2006, 02:25 PM

Marc and Rachel are the least like 'hotshots' I have ever met :worthy:

Rachel allways dances with my freind BARMPOT and try's to help him out :clap:

they are fab and not only do they have time for a dance but they also have time to chat as well.

sapphire
20th-November-2006, 02:29 PM
If we're doing one-upmanship here, how about being turned down by the teacher three times IN ONE NIGHT?? I still ask (glutton for punishment!) and he doesn't always turn me down! Thing is, when he does say yes, he's great to dance with. In general he only dances with his select few though.

I dance predominantly at one independent venue. I have been dancing there for about 2 and a half years and in that time must have asked the teacher to dance about a dozen times. He has never danced with me, except twice and both those times were at weekenders not at the regular venue. Admittedly, it is quite rare to see him on the dance floor, but it is my belief that teachers should be out there dancing after lessons. I appreciate that if the teacher is also the DJ this can make life difficult but, as I feel strongly about this, if I had a choice, I would go to a venue where the DJ was not the teacher, thus allowing the teacher to be available to his punters.

Occasionally, I dance at another independent venue where the teacher does work the floor and has never refused me a dance and, in my opinion, this is far preferable.

I should also like to add praise for Nigel who has always been prepared to dance with me and asked me for the first time when I had been dancing less than a year and certainly would not have had the nerve to ask him for a dance. At every venue at which I have ever seen him, he has always worked the floor tremendously.

El Salsero Gringo
20th-November-2006, 02:42 PM
the nice thing about Steve if you bump into him at another venue he makes a beetline to chat and dance.I hope you don't mean that he runs over to his favourites to chat and dance with them only!

Caro
20th-November-2006, 02:54 PM
The only bit that concerns me in the poll is the 'at a ..., I've seen...' meaning that you can vote for this option as soon as you've once seen your regular teacher, who usually works the floor, not doing so .

I don't think it's fair to teachers, yes I do expect them to dance with the crowd after the class but let's be honest some of them have several classes of teaching per week and there might be plenty of good reasons why sometimes they might not stay after the class (like having other things to do, needing an early night, being tired, etc). And if it happens from time to time, it doesn't mean they are 'bad' teachers or hot shots.

Trousers
20th-November-2006, 03:08 PM
If I get burned asking the Teach for a dance and there is no good reason - Then she ain't worth my effort. She won't get a second chance.

Ladies there are lots of nice chaps very willing to dance with you, so dance with them and turn the teachers down when they ask next time. Do it with a sneer aswell - make that shortest of words NO say at least "you've got a bloody nerve asking me to dance you two faced hotshot b'stard, I wouldn't waste my effort on you!"

Well thats's all from Diplomacy Corner for this week! Just remember none of us is better than the partner we dance with! Which obviously means if we won't dance we're sh1t!

El Salsero Gringo
20th-November-2006, 04:43 PM
I"you've got a bloody nerve asking me to dance you two faced hotshot b'stard, I wouldn't waste my effort on you!" Yep, that approach is guaranteed to get you more dances.

David Bailey
20th-November-2006, 04:46 PM
So, is there any regular auditing of (Ceroc) teachers working the floor going on, or is it something left to the venue manager to check up on?

Trousers
20th-November-2006, 04:48 PM
Yep, that approach is guaranteed to get you more dances.

Why's it work for these teachers then ESG. . . .

Gosh such a minefield of etiquette for the punter not such a problem for the hotshot.

El Salsero Gringo
20th-November-2006, 05:17 PM
So, is there any regular auditing of (Ceroc) teachers working the floor going on, or is it something left to the venue manager to check up on?One presumes that since it's the franchisee who employs the teacher, it's up to them to be happy with any and all aspects of what the teacher does, or to take it up with the teacher themselves.

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 06:11 PM
And if it happens from time to time, it doesn't mean they are 'bad' teachers or hot shots.

I don't think that anyone ever posts polls wanting to hear about the occasional behaviour. I think that the idea would be to comment on what the teacher in question usually does..... :flower:

Caro
21st-November-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't think that anyone ever posts polls wanting to hear about the occasional behaviour. I think that the idea would be to comment on what the teacher in question usually does..... :flower:

that's not how I read this poll, but what do I know about English grammar, I'm just French afterall :innocent:

Miguel
21st-November-2006, 02:53 PM
Here's a good standard:

WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT?
No Jive Nation teacher leaves the floor until the last beat of the last dance.
Our DJs, dance to to their own music. All teachers, every song, all night long, our teachers never, ever leave the floor.

David Bailey
21st-November-2006, 03:18 PM
Here's a good standard:

WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT?
Our DJs, dance to to their own music. All teachers, every song, all night long, our teachers never, ever leave the floor.
Do they get provided with nappies then? :eek: :sick: :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-November-2006, 05:15 PM
Here's a good standard:

WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT?
Our DJs, dance to to their own music. All teachers, every song, all night long, our teachers never, ever leave the floor.And this year's Andy McGregor Award for most egregiously blowing your own trumpet in a stunningly nauseating manner goes to...

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 05:20 PM
Our DJs, dance to to their own music. Dancing DJs!! Ummm that won't go down well with some forumites. :rolleyes:

All teachers, every song, all night long, our teachers never, ever leave the floor.
They don't teach on a stage then?

David Bailey
21st-November-2006, 08:00 PM
And this year's Andy McGregor Award for most egregiously blowing your own trumpet in a stunningly nauseating manner goes to...
Hell, and I thought I had that one sewn up this year, too :tears:

Andy McGregor
22nd-November-2006, 02:33 AM
Here's a good standard:

WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT?
Our DJs, dance to to their own music. All teachers, every song, all night long, our teachers never, ever leave the floor.The Jive nation teachers are currently testing the MkII Jive Nation "dance all night and never visit the loo" catheter system (patent pending). The MkI was a bit leaky and we're hopeful that the MkII will be better. We have a MkIII standing by but are reluctant to try it as it involves extra piping that makes certain moves impossible:whistle:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 09:03 AM
The Jive nation teachers are currently testing the MkII Jive Nation "dance all night and never visit the loo" catheter system (patent pending).
Ouch.

What about the "Sweat removal" system, or is that development still under wraps? So to speak.

OK, all kidding aside, I do know that the Hippodrome-ers are spending a lot of time working the floor. But that's only to be expected, as they presumably have a direct stake in the success of this new venture, so have a financial incentive to do so.

It definitely doesn't prove that they are "better" teachers than other Ceroc venues - although from a punter's point-of-view, it's clearly better to have teachers working the floor than not.

El Salsero Gringo
22nd-November-2006, 09:54 AM
The Jive nation teachers are currently testing the MkII Jive Nation "dance all night and never visit the loo" catheter system (patent pending). The MkI was a bit leaky Aha. That explains the sticky dance floor. Another mystery solved.
It's a sweat gland stunning system. All teachers receive a specially modulated form of ECT, Electro-Convulsive Therapy.As long as they convulse on the beat. Who knows, it might lead to some new MJ moves :whistle:

Andy McGregor
22nd-November-2006, 09:54 AM
Ouch.

What about the "Sweat removal" system, or is that development still under wraps? So to speak.
It's a sweat gland stunning system. All teachers receive a specially modulated form of ECT, Electro-Convulsive Therapy. For 2 days after the treatment their sweat glands do not work. We realise this is slightly inhumane but it is the only option at present. Also, this method of Pirspiration Prevention (TM) is not perfect as the cattle prods we use to stop our teachers leaving the floor during freestyle have been known to reverse the anti-sweating effects of the ECT. We are currently working on replacing certain parts of Jive Nation teachers with ones that are more user friendly - the sweat gland replacement programme is making great progress and should be on-line in the new year.

N.B. The frontal lobe separation programme has, of course been a great success and has been copied by other companies. This development was more rapid as much of it had been done by another franchise organisation - although you will notice that our teachers do occasionally say "large fries with that?" We will rename to Octopus the "Large Fries" to make this less obvious. Eventually we will re-name the company CybeRoc and number our teachers in the following fashion, "Teacher 1 of 9".

Lory
22nd-November-2006, 10:18 AM
The Jive nation teachers are currently testing the MkII Jive Nation "dance all night and never visit the loo" catheter system (patent pending). The MkI was a bit leaky and we're hopeful that the MkII will be better. We have a MkIII standing by but are reluctant to try it as it involves extra piping that makes certain moves impossible:whistle:

I think it's being used in conjunction with THIS (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.firebox.com/pic/p1388h.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.firebox.com/index.html%3Fdir%3Dfirebox%26action%3Dproduct%26pi d%3D1388%26src_t%3Dt20&h=220&w=200&sz=11&hl=en&start=19&tbnid=MKtsURw2jDTP-M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=97&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbeer%2Bbelly%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%2 6lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DISO-8859-1%26safe%3Doff) :wink:

Beowulf
22nd-November-2006, 03:37 PM
Can I just say, at last nights class, not only did Mr Tramp give an excellent class, and work the floor afterwards.. he worked the floor so much he had to hobble off at the end .. totally done himself in.

:clap: :respect: :clap:

I did have to say .. the first time I tried the Scorpion I took a cramp in my calf muscle on the dance floor.. that "hopping around going OW! OW!" wasn't a new dance move I'd discovered.