PDA

View Full Version : party Weekender, Pwllheli, 30thMay

Dance Demon
24th-May-2003, 03:19 PM
A crowd from Scotland , including some prominent Forum members
are heading down to Wales next weekend(30th May - 2nd June) for the Party Weekender in Pwllheli.
Just wondered if there were any other Forum people going. If so, don't be shy about coming up to "Scottish Corner" and saying hello:waycool:
This will be my 3rd time at this event, and it is usually good fun.
Teachers for the weekend include Joseph & Tricia, Anne & Graham of Hoppin' Mad, and James & Bridget from TRDC.....plus some excellent bands.....should be a hoot:D :waycool:

DavidY
24th-May-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Just wondered if there were any other Forum people going. Yes indeed :D
I've never been on this weekend before (or any of the other weekends of this type) but I should be there. I'll look out for Scottish flags/ forum banners/ etc...

David

RoyBoy
24th-May-2003, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to seeing ya big buddy, and all my other Scottish chums (Wendy vernacular).:) . I’m already well advanced on my course of adrenalin injections so I can maintain that wide eyed, havin a bloody good time, I want another dance expression for the full 72 rockin hours. See ya on Friday.

Twinkle Toes
25th-May-2003, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
A crowd from Scotland , including some prominent Forum members
are heading down to Wales next weekend(30th May - 2nd June) for the Party Weekender in Pwllheli.
Just wondered if there were any other Forum people going. If so, don't be shy about coming up to "Scottish Corner" and saying hello:waycool:

The venue is now full up, but I have two spare places if anyone is interested. Just send me a pm.

TT x :cheers:

Dance Demon
26th-May-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
Yes indeed :D
I've never been on this weekend before (or any of the other weekends of this type) but I should be there. I'll look out for Scottish flags/ forum banners/ etc...

David

Don't think we'll have any Forum banners David, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell the Scots crew:wink: Looking forward to a great weekend of fun:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
26th-May-2003, 05:47 PM
Ask Franck DD - he's got some :D (forum banners that is:nice: )

Siobhan (Forum Plant)
27th-May-2003, 10:12 AM
Have a great time guys :tears: - wish I knew about this one! Maybe next year!

Chicklet
29th-May-2003, 08:52 AM
can't find my passport!!!!!

DD you might have to sneak me over the Welsh border in your pocket!!!!!!

***getting all over excited now***:D

Dance Demon
29th-May-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
can't find my passport!!!!!

DD you might have to sneak me over the Welsh border in your pocket!!!!!!

***getting all over excited now***:D

Ahhh.....so that explains you running across the floor and grabbing me, shouting "Ill have him" during the intermediate class last night:wink: .....I came over all faint:rofl:

looking forward to lots of dances over the weekend Chickie:hug:

Chicklet
29th-May-2003, 09:28 AM
.....I came over all faint:rofl:

looking forward to lots of dances over the weekend Chickie:hug:

ah ye loved it really!!!!a full frontal chickieassault!!!:rofl:

all those weegie non-forum faces who don't know that we have HISTORY were quite a picture eh?

lots and lots and lots and lots, if lovely Irene doesn't mind TOOOO much!!!

I'll be needing you to be coaching me Lindy in particular!!

Abington at high noon????

Cx

Dance Demon
30th-May-2003, 12:10 AM

Abington at high noon????

Cx

seems to be the arrangement. See ya there:hug:

John S
30th-May-2003, 01:06 AM
Have a great time, guys - sorry I won't be with you this year, but if previous years are anything to go by you'll have a blast.

(And post on the Forum some of the final night party pics if you dare!!)

Dreadful Scathe
30th-May-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by John S

(And post on the Forum some of the final night party pics if you dare!!)

Whats the likelihood of that when scores of you went to Ceroc Champs and never posted a single picture ? :)

Chicklet
30th-May-2003, 04:55 PM
only 100 miles to go, chster services verynice with hinternet access just sayin hi and we;re nerly there, for nayone still working!!!:D

c & TT & dd on the road somewher

Chicklet
2nd-June-2003, 08:40 AM
This correspondant is delighted to report that the Scotland Forum Away Squad came away with gold from the Party Weekender Dance With a Stranger Competition.

Twinkle Tipple (sic, before y'all start) Step Toes (22) and Edinburgh's very own Dance Hunk of Love Demon (104) were suprisingly but perfectly matched and a delight to watch as they mosied round the dance floor to some piece of complete crap hit parade nonsense.

The victory was all the more sweet as both were playing somewhat out of position. More often found playing leftoutsideinthecarpark during competitions, the pair took to centre forward like a pair of ducks' asses to brylcreme.

After the game the pair were quoted as follows

TT - " When I dance with the big guy I just can't make my feet behave, he's all man"

DD - "It was a dance of two halves but the girl played a blinder, the pitch was running short of chalk but the fans just kept us going a' the way to the end of the 90 minutes"

Team Manager Irene Demon also came a way with a beautiful set of decorative spanners from the raffle.

Your correspondant has no idea how the team celebrated on Sunday as she was quite busy all day but would like to re-iterate her sincere congratulations to TT and DD, it couldn't have happened to a nicer pair!!!

John S
2nd-June-2003, 09:42 AM
Congrats to DD & TT, very well done - hope you pretended you really were strangers!!!

Twinkle Toes
3rd-June-2003, 11:30 AM
This correspondant is delighted to report that the Scotland Forum Away Squad came away with gold from the Party Weekender Dance With a Stranger Competition.

Twinkle Tipple (sic, before y'all start) Step Toes (22) and Edinburgh's very own Dance Hunk of Love Demon (104) were suprisingly but perfectly matched and a delight to watch as they mosied round the dance floor to some piece of complete crap hit parade nonsense.Thanks Chickie, no one was more surprised than me. (That's why I was clapping the winner, waiting for someone else to go onto the dancefloor - good job DD remembered his number!!!) and yeah the music we were given, was a heap of ****. Took DD and I, a couple of secs to find the beat. But once we had it - we kept it.

Thanks to you too DD, our very own "hunk of burnin love" - couldn't have done it without you. My hero. :hug:

TT x

Twinkle Toes
3rd-June-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by John S
Congrats to DD & TT, very well done - hope you pretended you really were strangers!!! Thanks John, there was no need to pretend, cause although I've known DD for ages, stangely enough, I very rarely dance with him - got a funny feeling though, all that is about to change. :D

You were missed this year, but after I have vetted the photos, I may give you a copy - but only if you are good. :nice:

TT x :hug:

Chicklet
3rd-June-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

but after I have vetted the photos, . :nice:

Please tell me there aren't any of the back dance floor on naughty Sunday afternoon???:innocent:

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-June-2003, 11:49 AM
wheee :D

nice one Dancing Toes and Twinkle Demon - wish i'd been there to cheer you on :)

show us the pix :)

:cheers:

Twinkle Toes
3rd-June-2003, 01:56 PM
Please tell me there aren't any of the back dance floor on naughty Sunday afternoon???:innocent: ..... ah so it's your fault eek:

The photolab has just called me to say that his m/c has melted,
.... your man must have been really hot then. :yum:

mmmmm.... about that sponsorship money, I take it you will be very generous !!!! :wink: :wink:

TT. x

Chicklet
3rd-June-2003, 02:10 PM
[The photolab has just called me to say that his m/c has melted,
.... your man must have been really hot then. :yum: well bits of ME melted too, but I'm not suprised you didn't notice much about MY one:wink:

c:kiss:

Twinkle Toes
4th-June-2003, 01:44 AM
well bits of ME melted too, but I'm not suprised you didn't notice much about MY one:wink:Did take a sneak peek, but was sooo embarrased with what I saw, I had to run away. :eek: :innocent:

... then once I had composed myself, came back and took pictures :devil:

TT x
:hug:

John S
4th-June-2003, 12:20 PM
after I have vetted the photos, I may give you a copy - but only if you are good. :nice:
Oh, but you always used to say I was.
:tears:

Twinkle Toes
4th-June-2003, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John S
Oh, but you always used to say I was.
:tears:

Were we not talking about something else though John :devil:

TT x

Dance Demon
4th-June-2003, 04:37 PM
just got back after our extended stay in wales(& the Lake District)
Had an absolutely fantastic weekend, can't remember dancing so much before. Classes were great , parties were great, bands were superb, the company was excellent...............oh and before I forget....a huge thank you to TT for all her efforts in organising things...she did a superb job..............oh!!!.and she also won the dance with a stranger competition with some Demon guy:innocent: ............TT you were a joy to dance with, and it was nice to win, considering there were some guys there who seemed to be taking it all quite serious..........seems like just having fun and letting you hair down won the day.........looking forward to lots more lovely dances:hug: :hug: :kiss:

Chicklet
4th-June-2003, 04:46 PM
..............oh and before I forget....a huge thank you to TT for all her efforts in organising things...she did a superb job..............:hug: :hug: :kiss:

hear hear in public on this subject from me ( and Normski) too!!!!

Grant
5th-June-2003, 01:28 PM
hear hear in public on this subject from me ( and Normski) too!!!!
And belated thanks from me too. I know I'm late but I did thank TT in person (shock horror - communicating offline!) before I left and I've been very busy since I came back.
Thanks TT for organising everything, for suggesting I come along, for arranging a lift for me there and back (thanks to Chicklet for giving me the lift too!) and thanks for the dances. :hug: :hug:
Grant
PS. Thanks to the rest of the Scottish contingent too - great bunch to spend the weekend with.
PPS. Also got to find out who TT was - without resorting to photo's from Graham or John. :wink: :D

Dance Demon
6th-June-2003, 11:31 AM
Almost forgot to mention..............the inspiration behind TT & Me's comp win .................Fionas Cake:drool: :drool: :yum:
Forget about Mr Kipling.......Fiona's cakes are sooooooooooo
yummy...
New abbreviation for the highest accolade a man can give....
BTFC.......Better Than Fiona's Cake:waycool: :D

Grant
6th-June-2003, 01:13 PM
Almost forgot to mention..............the inspiration behind TT & Me's comp win .................Fionas Cake:drool: :drool: :yum:

It certainly was, thanks Fiona. Was it the third helping that really put you on the path to victory DD?
Grant
PS. BTFC - I like it.:D

Twinkle Toes
6th-June-2003, 05:18 PM
Thank you guys and gals for your show of appreciation. As I said before, it was no problem and you are all most welcome.
I had a great time and I put it down to the fact that I was in very good company. :hug: My other room mate Tim, had me in stitches all weekend as well - he has a great sense of humour.

.... and as for Fiona's cake ... deeeeeelicious. :yum: :yum:
(I have a couple on special order for my charity dance. :na: )

TT x :cheers:

ps. since Fiona is not on the forum, I shall pass on your regards.

Dance Demon
6th-June-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Grant
It certainly was, thanks Fiona. Was it the third helping that really put you on the path to victory DD?
Grant
PS. BTFC - I like it.:D

Nope....I only had 2 bits.......honest:sorry .............good job too, as it was only about 15 mins before the comp started........by the end of the final i was starting to get palpitations:what: ....or maybe that was just coz I was dancing with TT:wink: :D

Twinkle Toes
9th-June-2003, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
Nope....I only had 2 bits.......honest:sorry .............good job too, as it was only about 15 mins before the comp started........by the end of the final i was starting to get palpitations:what: ....or maybe that was just coz I was dancing with TT:wink: :D

Yeah, but they were big bits. :eek: :yum:
You smooth talkin BTFCDD !!!! :D

Dance Demon
9th-June-2003, 04:02 PM
[

Yeah, but they were big bits. :eek: :yum:
You smooth talkin BTFCDD !!!! :D

TT x :hug: [/B]

Erm.....yes they were:sorry ......but I was on holiday:D and I didn't want Fiona to think that nobody liked her cake(some chance:rolleyes: )

Lindsay
10th-June-2003, 09:26 AM
Congrats Twinkle Toes and Dance Demon... another win for Scotland!