PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Twirly heading towards Aberdeen

Beowulf
16th-November-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi All,

Twirly is coming to Aberdeen next month and she'd love to meet some of the Aberdeen (and surrounding) forumites.

Trouble is up the same weekend too so though it would be a good idea if we could meet up some night, had a chat , something to drink, perhaps something to eat then we could all invade a muggle club for a bit of a dance ;)

(No Gadget.. that does not mean you can take us to Moshulu for their mosh/goth/rock night ... again)

Twirly and Trouble will be in "sunny" Aberdeen the Weekend of the 8th of December , I've not checked with Trouble for her plans for that weekend but I know Twirly would love to meet you all.

Let us know if you can make it.

Pete :hug:

TheTramp
16th-November-2006, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it.

But, I'll have met Twirly in London by then anyhow. So she'll be grateful for that! :rolleyes:

Beowulf
16th-November-2006, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it.

But, I'll have met Twirly in London by then anyhow. So she'll be grateful for that! :rolleyes:

Rubbish sire.. I've told her ALL about you.. and I'm sure she'll like you as much as I do. :respect:

Twirly
16th-November-2006, 08:39 PM
*is relieved that at least Beowulf will be there!*

Trouble
16th-November-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi All,

Twirly is coming to Aberdeen next month and she'd love to meet some of the Aberdeen (and surrounding) forumites.

Trouble is up the same weekend too so though it would be a good idea if we could meet up some night, had a chat , something to drink, perhaps something to eat then we could all invade a muggle club for a bit of a dance ;)

(No Gadget.. that does not mean you can take us to Moshulu for their mosh/goth/rock night ... again)

Twirly and Trouble will be in "sunny" Aberdeen the Weekend of the 8th of December , I've not checked with Trouble for her plans for that weekend but I know Twirly would love to meet you all.

Let us know if you can make it.

Pete :hug:

yeah im coming, hoping to meet you for coffee during the day as both evenings booked up doing boring non dancing stuff. dinner dance and another dinner... a hardship we all have to bear. Anyway, have ya number Pete and will be in touch on the Friday if not before to see if we can meet up...
xxxxxx :D
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

pmjd
17th-November-2006, 03:18 AM
December is one of those months that has alot going on so I'm not sure if I'll be up or not, would be lovely to meet both Twirly & Trouble and good to see Beo too. Will let you know as soon as I can.

Bye for now,
Paul

Genie
17th-November-2006, 05:58 PM
I should be able to make it for a few drinks. Keep me informed :)

Beowulf
27th-November-2006, 03:56 PM
I should be able to make it for a few drinks. Keep me informed :)

OK consider this keeping you , and everyone else, informed.:wink:

Thursday 7th December - Late evening -Twirly Touches down in Aberdeen and we head to Casa del Beo for coffee etc. Too late to meet up with people then.

Friday 8th December - Beo and Twirly Meet up at some point with Trouble for drinks up in Town during the day? (Assuming this is Ok with Trouble of course)

On the evening of Friday 8th - Hopefully we'll get a number of you out for drinks. I suggest meeting somewhere central then decide if we want to move or go somewhere else once we've all congregated. Erm Old School house just off Belmont Street? Time?? what time's best for everyone else?

Saturday 9th December - Twirly and Beo do the grand tour of Aberdeen (weather permitting) in case of inclement weather play will be moved indoors :whistle: :innocent:

Saturday evening Beo and Twirly go out for a meal. Assuming I can actually find somewhere that isn't booked solid for works Christmas meals. :sick: :sick:

Sunday 10th Morning together, then Twirly heads back to London in the afternoon :tears:

So can we assume Saturday 9th December, about 7pm ish at the Hogshead- Old School house pub just off Belmont street to start off with then see where we go from there?

Freya
28th-November-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry hun!

As much as you know I enjoy a wee dram!!! That is the one weekend I'm not comeing down coz my mum is coming up! Gonna go Christmas Shopping in Inverness!

Beowulf
28th-November-2006, 09:24 PM
On the evening of Friday 8th - Hopefully we'll get a number of you out for drinks. I suggest meeting somewhere central then decide if we want to move or go somewhere else once we've all congregated. Erm Old School house just off Belmont Street? Time?? what time's best for everyone else?

Ok meeting on Friday !!

Saturday evening Beo and Twirly go out for a meal. Assuming I can actually find somewhere that isn't booked solid for works Christmas meals. :sick: :sick:
And we have our meal on the Saturday

So can we assume Saturday 9th December, about 7pm ish at the Hogshead- Old School house pub just off Belmont street to start off with then see where we go from there?

oops !! see what I did there? I double booked myself.. sorry folks I did mean the FRIDAY night not the SATURDAY night. So glad I read that post again.. never write things in haste .. let that be a lesson to you all (and I'm just surprised no-one else pointed that out to me :wink:)

Patrick
1st-December-2006, 11:30 AM
Have a great weekend guys :grin:

I went to Aberdeen once. It was cold, wet and windy - in August. :eek: But very nice all the same.

I shall be going to The Ball at Weston Super Mare Winter Gardens. I expect it will be cold, wet and windy!

Beowulf
1st-December-2006, 11:37 AM
I went to Aberdeen once.

"This one time.. in band camp... " :wink:

It was cold, wet and windy

erm.. yeah, this is Scotland after all..

in August. :eek:

Yup, typical Scottish summer that. You should be here in the winter. You know what a problem it is stopping the polar bears from stealing the milk off your doorsteps? :rolleyes:
(of course they have to break it off the frozen porch and defrost it under their bodies before they drink it but that's beside the point!)

Patrick
1st-December-2006, 11:56 AM
"Yup, typical Scottish summer that. You should be here in the winter. You know what a problem it is stopping the polar bears from stealing the milk off your doorsteps? :rolleyes:
([I]of course they have to break it off the frozen porch and defrost it under their bodies before they drink it but that's beside the point!)

At least you still have milkmen then! A dying breed down here.

I lived in Edinburgh for a year, but the climate there is relatively mild I guess. That January I spent a weekend climbing in Aviemore. It was the coldest weather on record - I camped in 6 inches of snow, -20C! The diesel froze in the coach and we were stranded. But at least it didn't rain... :rolleyes:

Beowulf
1st-December-2006, 12:12 PM
6 inches of snow, -20C! The diesel froze in the coach

Pah ! that's a balmy summers day in Aberdeen that is ;) Aberdonians invented this bizarre thing called "The Buttery" A mixture of Mostly Butter with some more butter , Flour and Salt and butter (often served spread with Butter) . I've found out these small flat bread-like items can keep you warm, but I've found out that you're actually suppose to line your clothes with them.. not eat them ;)

(ok .. have probably offended every Aberdonian now who consider Aitkin's Buttery's to be the première local delicacy ;) )

Beowulf
11th-December-2006, 09:15 AM
Can I just say that when I entitled this thread "Tornado Twirly" I didn't actually have fore knowledge about the Tornado that was to hit London. :eek:

Anyway, after a pretty bumpy flight she made it back home safe and sound yesterday.

Thanks to Gadget, Genie and all the other non forumites who turned up to say hello to her. Even if the music in the pub was deafening and we all had to shout ourselves hoarse. :rolleyes:

Sorry we never got to meet you Trouble, hope you have recovered from your quote "hangover from hell" un-quote ;)

Just under 3 weeks until I'm down for New year. Hope to meet you and others then. :flower:

Trouble
11th-December-2006, 10:35 AM
Can I just say that when I entitled this thread "Tornado Twirly" I didn't actually have fore knowledge about the Tornado that was to hit London. :eek:

Anyway, after a pretty bumpy flight she made it back home safe and sound yesterday.

Thanks to Gadget, Genie and all the other non forumites who turned up to say hello to her. Even if the music in the pub was deafening and we all had to shout ourselves hoarse. :rolleyes:

Sorry we never got to meet you Trouble, hope you have recovered from your quote "hangover from hell" un-quote ;)

Just under 3 weeks until I'm down for New year. Hope to meet you and others then. :flower:

Im so sorry i didn't get to meet you guys, I did, how do we say, over do the xmas festivities on the Friday night and unfortunately that lead to me seeing nothing of Aberdeen except the toilet bowl and pillows. Fantastic hotel mind you. The lovely Scots i did meet were just that, lovely, so friendly and helpful. Easy jet god love em,,, not a bad airline for £50 a seat. Went to a lovely remote farmhouse on the Saturday night for dinner with friends (about an hour from Aberdeen) cabs there and back cost as much as the flights, work that one out. Cabs in Aberdeen are more expensive than London cabs, found that a bit disturbing.

Anyway as i said, its a shame we didn't get together but we will meet im sure at some point. Glad you had a great weekend too.

xxxxx