PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith 25th November

Twirly
16th-November-2006, 05:47 PM
I will be at Hammersmith with some non-forum friends having a little early celebration for my birthday - and I'm hoping that some of my new forum friends will be there too and come and have a dance with me (or at least say hello if you can't lead me!). And if I haven't actually met you as yet - even more reason to come and say hello/dance :nice:

Anyone else planning on being there?

TheTramp
16th-November-2006, 06:42 PM
I'll be there.... :flower:

fletch
16th-November-2006, 07:11 PM
I hope to be there :flower:

Twirly
16th-November-2006, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to meeting you both :clap:

Jhutch
16th-November-2006, 09:09 PM
I might go - haven't done a freestyle thing before though. What are the master's classes that are done before? I am assuming that is something it would be better for me to miss/watch?

tiger
16th-November-2006, 09:16 PM
is this the 'teachers update' hammersmith?

ive heard that this is a very good night if it is

Twirly
16th-November-2006, 09:36 PM
I might go - haven't done a freestyle thing before though. What are the master's classes that are done before? I am assuming that is something it would be better for me to miss/watch?

From what I can recall, you'd be fine joining in. It's not difficult, bit like an easy intermediate class, though I think I've only been to one from what I can recall. My non-forum friend and I don't usually get there till about 9.30 so don't do them - but that's just to do with the logistics of getting there than the quality of the class.

Hope you come :hug:

Missy D
17th-November-2006, 05:34 PM
I will be there too unless I get an offer I cannot refuse.

I live in hope:nice:

Cruella
17th-November-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry, i'm hoping to be at the Spinderella Ball instead.:D

TheTramp
19th-November-2006, 06:31 AM
Sorry, i'm hoping to be at the Spinderella Ball instead.:D

Fine. Be like that. Didn't want to dance with you anyhow! :yum:

David Bailey
19th-November-2006, 10:10 AM
Unless they've changed, I think these are just "taster" classes, usually about 30 minutes or so at the start of the evening. I don't think you'll miss anything if you don't do them, but they're a good way of meeting people if you don't know anyone.

is this the 'teachers update' hammersmith?
Is it? Again? They had one in January, surely they don't need yet another update? :na:

(There's a thread about the last one here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7518) if you want any more information on it)

Minnie M
19th-November-2006, 10:16 AM
and I will be at Rhythm Riot (http://www.rhythmriot.com/) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

senorita
20th-November-2006, 12:08 PM
For those whom are travelling from North or Midlands...
Just heard on the radio:
That both lanes on the M1 will be shut on saturday & sunday from junction 12 to 7.

:flower:

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 12:11 PM
Just heard on the radio:
That both lanes on the M1 will be shut on saturday & sunday from junction 12 to 7.

Are you trying to put people off from coming to dance with me?!? :tears:

senorita
20th-November-2006, 12:18 PM
Are you trying to put people off from coming to dance with me?!? :tears:

Oh shut up you :hug: :innocent:

Cruella
20th-November-2006, 12:32 PM
We don't need putting off! :whistle: Sorry Steve i'm going to the Spinderella Ball instead. One less for your queue. :wink:

mikeyr
20th-November-2006, 12:41 PM
We don't need putting off! :whistle: Sorry Steve i'm going to the Spinderella Ball instead. One less for your queue. :wink:

Sorry Steve, as much as I would have enjoyed dancing with you again. I will be at the Spinderella Ball too:D

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 07:08 PM

Oh well. There's a shame. I'll survive!

Sorry Steve, as much as I would have enjoyed dancing with you again. I will be at the Spinderella Ball too:D

Oh no. That's it. Not going now!

:na:

stewart38
21st-November-2006, 11:45 AM
For those whom are travelling from North or Midlands...
Just heard on the radio:

Passed it yesterday J12 to 8 and it was over nite but best people check, its crap at best of times so people going back may have a problem

ill probably be there

Missy D
21st-November-2006, 12:12 PM
I feel a cold coming on so may stay away from Ceroc in order to find a cure:innocent:

stewart38
21st-November-2006, 01:04 PM
I feel a cold coming on so may stay away from Ceroc in order to find a cure:innocent:

Get your sister to leave her horses at home and tell her I may wipe away my cold sores and weeping spots and give her a big wet kiss if she comes

Lee Bartholomew
21st-November-2006, 05:03 PM
Might go to rythmn Riot for abit.

Will try and get to Hammersmith.

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 05:05 PM
Might go to rythmn Riot for abit.

Will try and get to Hammersmith.

You found it then? It's OK, no need to thank me. :whistle:

Twirly
21st-November-2006, 05:06 PM

Oh no Missy... sorry to hear that. :hug: Am slowly getting over mine, though have managed to get lots of sympathy at work today (1st day back) :innocent: Hope you recover quickly. :flower:

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 05:07 PM
I've got a cold too. So might be a bit late, while I try out some 'alternative therapies!' :whistle:

Twirly
21st-November-2006, 05:13 PM
I've got a cold too. So might be a bit late, while I try out some 'alternative therapies!' :whistle:

Well if it's the same cold what I've got, nothing works - man-made chemicals or nature's healer's! :tears:

Lee Bartholomew
21st-November-2006, 05:13 PM
You found it then? It's OK, no need to thank me. :whistle:

Got a PM fron Lory first pointing me this way. Thanks anyhow :D

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 05:15 PM
Well if it's the same cold what I've got, nothing works - man-made chemicals or nature's healer's! :tears:

And any other suggestions? :whistle:

Yogi_Bear
21st-November-2006, 06:18 PM
I will be at Bedford on friday and then staying the night at Kettering and will be in Rugby on Saturday afternoon.
Options for Saturday:
Walsall
South Birmingham (Castle Vale)
Nuneaton
Rushden
Nottingham (Bulwell)
......and that's without mentioning London....

Other than Rushden there's nothing else that doesn't involve a detour on my way back to Norwich. What's the better of these options.....Debbie's birthday bash at Walsall? Anyone like to share transport from Rugby?

Twirly
21st-November-2006, 10:21 PM
And any other suggestions? :whistle:

Sweating it out... :tears:

Missy D
22nd-November-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh no Missy... sorry to hear that. :hug: Am slowly getting over mine, though have managed to get lots of sympathy at work today (1st day back) :innocent: Hope you recover quickly. :flower:

Ah thanks sweetie! I was only joking about having a cold coming. Was really referring to a thread in the 'take it upstairs' section.

See you saturday :hug:

Twirly
22nd-November-2006, 11:57 AM
Ah thanks sweetie! I was only joking about having a cold coming. Was really referring to a thread in the 'take it upstairs' section.

See you saturday :hug:

I realised late last night when I discovered that thread (btw - how was it being naked in a field in the middle of November, and did you pull?! :rofl: )... I'm just hoping that I'll be well enough to go. Off work again today and now have antibiotics... :tears:

Jamie
22nd-November-2006, 01:32 PM
I think I'm going :D Will be good to see you all again.

TheTramp
22nd-November-2006, 01:50 PM
I think I'm going :D Will be good to see you all again.

Cool. Save me a dance! :flower:

Jamie
22nd-November-2006, 01:53 PM
Cool. Save me a dance! :flower:

Always :hug:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 03:22 PM
So, is it the Big Ceroc Teacher gathering thing then or not?

TheTramp
22nd-November-2006, 03:23 PM
So, is it the Big Ceroc Teacher gathering thing then or not?

I don't think so. That's usually in January (in the past anyhow).

Are you coming along DJ? Do I get a dance? :flower:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 03:46 PM
No, I hate bl00dy Hammersmith with a passion.

I'm either at Finchley on Sat or at Ashtons on Friday, haven't decided yet.

Or I may stay in.

Or I may do something else.

Or not.

TheTramp
22nd-November-2006, 04:51 PM
Awwwww :tears:

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't think so. That's usually in January (in the past anyhow).

Are you coming along DJ? Do I get a dance? :flower:

That's correct, it clashes with Swinging the Blues @ Chiswick, just like it did last year :rolleyes:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 06:42 PM
That's correct, it clashes with Swinging the Blues @ Chiswick, just like it did last year :rolleyes:
Oh yes, I remember. Isn't there something else on the 27th as well?

WittyBird
22nd-November-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh yes, I remember. Isn't there something else on the 27th as well?

What am I tourist fecking information?

Look in the diary :rolleyes:

David Bailey
22nd-November-2006, 10:57 PM
What am I tourist fecking information?

Look in the diary :rolleyes:
Aha, found it!

It's the "Rythm and Dirty Blues" Funky Lush thing in Hatfield on that day.

Busy day...

Lee Bartholomew
23rd-November-2006, 12:31 PM
Can't go to Hammersmith now as been asked to demo at Bromley Freestyle.

Will try next time. Have a good one.

Twirly
25th-November-2006, 02:49 PM
Well despite my appalling health recently, I think I'm sufficiently recovered to go to Hammersmith tonight, though I'll be taking it easy (at least I plan to!). Hope to see some of you there later.

Missy D
25th-November-2006, 09:24 PM
I realised late last night when I discovered that thread (btw - how was it being naked in a field in the middle of November, and did you pull?! :rofl: )... I'm just hoping that I'll be well enough to go. Off work again today and now have antibiotics... :tears:

Only thing I managed to pull was the cat down from the tree! :rofl:

As for being naked in November I have done much worse by trampolining naked one chilly february!:eek:

Jhutch
27th-November-2006, 12:54 PM
So did everyone have a good night then?:) Would have said hello to more forumites but you all seemed to be too busy dancing or talking:blush:

I had a good night although an afternoon/ early evening watching rugby in the pub had left me on something of a caffeine high after drinking pints of coke:really: :blush: :eek: Managed to 'come down' as the evening went on. Was my first time at Hammersmith and I failed to identify the infamous no-row:really: although maybe i didn't now what i was looking for (I always imagine a row of people with arms folded scowling at everyone who walks past:grin: ).

I had an ok time. Only had three hours sleep the night before and so was feeling a bit tired. Could only get going to songs which had a bit of energy about them. After a disastrous session last weekend knocked my confidence back a bit:blush: i just decided to play safe with my dancing and try to get some rhythm back which i think i just about managed. Thought i would probably leave about 10 - 10:30 but i actually ended up leaving just before 11:30 so i guess i must have been enjoying it. Would go again:)

From what I can recall, you'd be fine joining in. It's not difficult, bit like an easy intermediate class, though I think I've only been to one from what I can recall.

That was easy?:eek: I could do all the moves but ended up finishing about 3 or 4 beats too late:really: :blush: :grin: Suppose it might not have been so bad if i hadnt had to go into it without the benefit of a beginner's class or freestyle first:rolleyes:

Twirly
27th-November-2006, 02:49 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. I had a good time too, despite coughing, spluttering and my sore throat - actually had a better time than last time when I felt fine! Not that many forumites in evidence (unless they were lurking where I couldn't see them). Had a good chat with MissyD, who gave me some tips :wink: S38, Snowhite - where were you? :confused:

Had my first dance ever with SF which was lovely :D

And got to dance to my favourite tune with Trampy which was great fun :drool:

Hope to dance with you both again sometime soon :yum:

stewart38
27th-November-2006, 03:10 PM
Had a good chat with MissyD, who gave me some tips :wink: S38, :confused:

Was going but ended up in Brighton sorry :blush:

bloody sat nav and Tom Toms :sad:

Missy D
28th-November-2006, 11:34 PM
The music was great! thank you Annette:worthy:

It was not one of my best nights at Hammersmith! Lovely dances with SF, GD, Stu, DirtyD.:clap:

Good to see Twirly again - glad you are feeling a little better :hug:

Jamie
29th-November-2006, 03:45 AM
That was easy?:eek: I could do all the moves but ended up finishing about 3 or 4 beats too late:really: :blush: :grin: Suppose it might not have been so bad if i hadnt had to go into it without the benefit of a beginner's class or freestyle first:rolleyes:

Didn't know so many of you were goin, I only got a dance with Trampy :sad: Not that it wasn't a good dance, but I would have liked to dance with a few more forumites!

Jhutch, didn't see you in the lineup! Dunno whether you saw me, I ended up gettin bored in the queue and me n ma mate started leadin eachother thru the routine! Haha!