PDA

View Full Version : What's on weekend of 17 18 November?

Northants Girly
15th-November-2006, 12:30 PM
It's Wednesday already and so I can't believe no-one has posted a poll yet :confused:

But, apart from Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen and JiveAddiction's Scarborough weekend what's on?

Would be especially interested to hear about anything in/around London on these nights :grin:

Twirly
15th-November-2006, 12:33 PM
Well it's actually on the 19th, but there's dancing on the boat this weekend in London on Sunday afternoon. I plan on going to that.

Sparkles
15th-November-2006, 12:37 PM
There's a WCS tea dance in Putney on the 19th too, for details go to djsheepman.blogspot.com
Haven't heard about anything happening Saturday night though... :confused:

Mostlysane
15th-November-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm struggling to find somewhere as well. Jive+ are in Aylesbury on saturday. That seems to be the nearest i could find.

Almost an Angel
15th-November-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm struggling to find somewhere as well. Jive+ are in Aylesbury on saturday. That seems to be the nearest i could find.

The 500 Club is on at Lightwater that's where I'll be - although it's Lindy not Jive.

Oh and the T dance at Putney on Sunday. Have to get my WCS fix.

Angel xx

CJ
15th-November-2006, 12:58 PM
Fletch...

Anything in the Mids?!?:confused:

Mostlysane
15th-November-2006, 01:00 PM
Oh and the T dance at Putney on Sunday. Have to get my WCS fix.

Angel xx

yeah - there's a beginners workshop directly before that. I'm trying to get through to Cat to see if there are still spaces. So be warned.... :)

senorita
15th-November-2006, 01:01 PM
It's Wednesday already and so I can't believe no-one has posted a poll yet :confused:

But, apart from Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen and JiveAddiction's Scarborough weekend what's on?

Would be especially interested to hear about anything in/around London on these nights :grin:

wellingborough + Cheshunt on friday :flower:

littlewiggle
15th-November-2006, 01:01 PM
Fletch...

Hmmm I'm still looking too .........:sad:

Tessalicious
15th-November-2006, 01:26 PM
There's a WCS tea dance in Putney on the 19th too, for details go to djsheepman.blogspot.comAnyone doing the double and coming to Berko after? It'd be great to have some of you guys there for my Berko Blues Room DJ debut.

Cruella
15th-November-2006, 01:41 PM
Anyone doing the double and coming to Berko after? It'd be great to have some of you guys there for my Berko Blues Room DJ debut.

Would love too, but i'll be in London with Ian, so i can only manage the WCS TDance. Sorry.:flower:

TheTramp
15th-November-2006, 01:43 PM
Would love too, but i'll be in London with Ian, so i can only manage the WCS TDance. Sorry.:flower:

:yeah: I'd love to come too!

Can't you postpone it to the week later? :rolleyes:

Gav
15th-November-2006, 01:49 PM

Cheshunt on Friday night.
I'm going for the first time and Trouble and Double Trouble will be there.

CJ
15th-November-2006, 02:05 PM
Cheshunt on Friday night.
I'm going for the first time and Trouble and Double Trouble will be there.

You doing St. Neots on the Sun??

Gav
15th-November-2006, 02:19 PM

:eek: all of St. Neots? :eek: Well I'll give it a go :D

It's a definite maybe, depends if I survive Trouble and Double or not. Have you taken up residence there?

fletch
15th-November-2006, 02:23 PM

Due to sitting problems, I will be going, but then driving home after, see you there :flower: at least 2 good dancers for me you and Oxford Dave,:clap: save me loads boys:hug:

Fletch...

Steve's 't' is on Sunday I will be there :clap:

Hmmm I'm still looking too .........:sad:

I know :rolleyes: we need to drive :sick: again :rolleyes:

:flower:

sidney
15th-November-2006, 04:40 PM
The only one I know for the Midlands is Solihull sat which does get very crowded but has good music and Steve's T.dance on sunday in Bromsgrove which is building a good reputation for the music and dancers.:cool:

spindr
15th-November-2006, 05:08 PM
Whitchurch on Friday.
Maybe ALNS on Saturday.

SpinDr

Northants Girly
15th-November-2006, 05:29 PM
ALNS on Saturday What's ALNS? :confused:

Sunshine_Annie
15th-November-2006, 05:50 PM
Whitchurch on Friday.
Maybe ALNS on Saturday.

SpinDr
oh forgot it would be Whitchurch, might head down there, probably be late, will see how tired I am..
a

Swinging bee
15th-November-2006, 07:05 PM
Rianos Maidstone on Saturday with 2 rooms of music Modern & S&B is now almost sold out. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Northants Girly
16th-November-2006, 12:02 AM
Cheshunt on Friday nightAnyone know what time it finishes? :confused:

dance cat
16th-November-2006, 12:10 AM
A marvellous night at the Chester freestyle on the 18th. I just hope after too many late work nights I'm still fit for it by Saturday. I really need a good dance:nice:

Gav
16th-November-2006, 12:27 AM
Anyone know what time it finishes? :confused:

8:30 'til 12:45 apparently.

"A wicked venue, and a great party atmosphere with a regular 250+ dancers, Free hot drinks and Cakes"
according to their email?

Yogi_Bear
16th-November-2006, 10:30 PM
St Neots west coast swing on Sunday afternoon followed by St Neots jivenites in the evening is always a possibility......

Yogi_Bear
16th-November-2006, 10:32 PM
8:30 'til 12:45 apparently.

"A wicked venue, and a great party atmosphere with a regular 250+ dancers, Free hot drinks and Cakes"
according to their email?

I have been before and it should be well worth a visit - frequently some very good dancers in attendance. Can't make it myself though, I will be in London all day and in need of an early night...

angelique
16th-November-2006, 11:22 PM

I know something you guys don't know bout that night at St. Neots ...:wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yogi_Bear
16th-November-2006, 11:25 PM

and that would be.....?:what:

angelique
16th-November-2006, 11:42 PM
Where's the "mouth gagged" smilie when ya need it?

dee
17th-November-2006, 09:06 AM
Jive+ are in Aylesbury on saturday. That seems to be the nearest i could find.
Jive Freestyle
Saturday 18th Nov
DJ Jon Brett in the main hall
and Andy Fleming and Les Jones in second room
8.30 Fun swing class with Andy and Anna

I will be working on the door so please come and say hello
hope to see you all there :hug:

Groovemeister
17th-November-2006, 09:34 AM
St Neots west coast swing on Sunday afternoon followed by St Neots jivenites in the evening is always a possibility......

I was not listening last week obviously is there a workshop in the day then ?

Sara?

fletch
17th-November-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm now having a mom/children weekend :sad: :clap: :hug:

I'm booked on a half day traing cause Sunday morning :( but then will take me and the children to Steve's 't' dance :clap:

London next weekend hopefuly :clap:

Patrick
17th-November-2006, 11:36 AM
Jive Freestyle
Saturday 18th Nov

I'll be coming to this, and the "Swing for Jivers" workshop in the afternoon. I'm also looking forward to the follow-up "Jive for Swingers" workshop.... :rolleyes:

I'm now having a mom/children weekend :sad: :clap: :hug:

I'm booked on a half day traing cause Sunday morning :( but then will take me and the children to Steve's 't' dance :clap:

London next weekend hopefuly :clap:

Sadly will miss the T dance this time :( But on the bright side I'll be doing the Simon & Nicole Drops workshop in Bow Sunday afternoon. :grin:

Maybe see you in London next weekend then Fletch? Think I'm going to the Jango at Putney.

Patrick :flower:

SnowWhite
17th-November-2006, 02:18 PM
I was not listening last week obviously is there a workshop in the day then ?

Sara?

Bend over... Not listening in class! I'm shocked at you:really:

There is a workshop, but unless you are wearing your high heeled shoes, skimpy shorts and a little crop top, honey - you won't be welcome!:whistle:

dee
17th-November-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll be coming to this, and the "Swing for Jivers" workshop in the afternoon. I'm also looking forward to the follow-up "Jive for Swingers" workshop.... :rolleyes:

Yeah sorry forgot about that bit.:blush:

More men needed for the workshop and couples are welcome 2pm - 5.30pm at the Aylesbury Grammar school £30 for the workshop and freestyle, if interested please call Coralie on 07767 360854 or email coralie@jiveplus.com

Gav
17th-November-2006, 02:39 PM

There is a workshop, but unless you are wearing your high heeled shoes, skimpy shorts and a little crop top, honey - you won't be welcome!:whistle:

How did you know what I'm wearing? :blush:

Groovemeister
17th-November-2006, 02:43 PM

Can I come and watch then :wink:

SnowWhite
17th-November-2006, 02:47 PM
Can I come and watch then :wink:

Groovemeister!!! I really don't want to know what you do when you're watching... :eek: :really: :what:

SnowWhite
17th-November-2006, 02:49 PM
How did you know what I'm wearing? :blush:

Cos it's what you usually wear...:whistle:

Gav
17th-November-2006, 02:52 PM
Cos it's what you usually wear...:whistle:

Fair point, although you haven't seen what I'm planning to wear tonight! :blush:

Northants Girly
17th-November-2006, 03:48 PM
Chestunt tonight is looking promising . . . :waycool:

Has anyone ever been to freestyles in Amersham?
Apparently there is one on Saturday :)

David Bailey
17th-November-2006, 03:55 PM
Chestunt tonight is looking promising . . . :waycool:

Has anyone ever been to freestyles in Amersham?
Apparently there is one on Saturday :)

Really? As well as Aylesbury? Seems a bit weird...

Northants Girly
17th-November-2006, 03:58 PM
Really? As well as Aylesbury? Seems a bit weird...Really? Why wierd?

Aylesbury = Jiveplus
Amersham = Ceroc

Is it wierd cos they both begin with "A" ? :whistle:

Northants Girly
17th-November-2006, 03:58 PM
better not mention Ashstead then . . . .

David Bailey
17th-November-2006, 04:02 PM
Really? Why wierd?

Aylesbury = Jiveplus
Amersham = Ceroc

Is it wierd cos they both begin with "A" ? :whistle:

No, just that they're only about 20 feet away from each other or whatever - I didn't realise they were run by competitors though, oops. :blush:

littlewiggle
18th-November-2006, 12:18 PM
Anyone tried the freestyles in Solihull - it's 85 miles away from me. Does anyne know if it's worth the trek?

Cruella
18th-November-2006, 12:25 PM
Anyone tried the freestyles in Solihull - it's 85 miles away from me. Does anyne know if it's worth the trek?

The music is generally good there. Especially if John or Tom Baker are DJing. I haven't been for quite some time but i always found it busy and friendly. The only complaint really was although the floor is good, it's too small! Not sure i'd travel 85 miles to it though. I guess it depends if you've anything nearer you could go to.

littlewiggle
18th-November-2006, 12:26 PM
The music is generally good there. Especially if John or Tom Baker are DJing. I haven't been for quite some time but i always found it busy and friendly. The only complaint really was although the floor is good, it's too small! Not sure i'd travel 85 miles to it though,. I guess it depends if you've anything nearer you could go to.

Ok thanks Di - I'm struggling to find anything - this seems to be the closest :sad: maybe I'll stay in and forget about dancing........:eek:

Cruella
18th-November-2006, 12:39 PM
Ok thanks Di - I'm struggling to find anything - this seems to be the closest :sad: maybe I'll stay in and forget about dancing........:eek:

NO! If it was a choice between staying in or Solihull. Then go to Solihull. There used to be some good men there too. :flower:

Minnie M
18th-November-2006, 01:47 PM
better not mention Ashstead then . . . .

I'm off to Ashtead tonight with the very lovely Dangerous Curves:clap: (hoping to meeting up with another lovely lady I don't see very ofter :yeah: :clap: :hug: )

littlewiggle
18th-November-2006, 02:14 PM
NO! If it was a choice between staying in or Solihull. Then go to Solihull. There used to be some good men there too. :flower:

I have just been reminded that I have been to Solihull once before - ages ago - hence me forgetting all about it! Yep I remember small dance floor, some good dancers but I did feel it attracted an 'older' crowd. Nice to have a good mix!

Cornish Pixie
18th-November-2006, 04:25 PM
Steve's 't' dance

whats this and where is it?

MartinHarper
18th-November-2006, 05:17 PM

I'm not a big fan of Solihull, but it has music and dancers, and there's nothing else on, so I'll be there.

Sunday -> Jazz Cafe in Cheltenham for me. Tough choice between that and the Bromsgrove T dance.

fletch
18th-November-2006, 05:21 PM
whats this and where is it?

www.corporatedancecompany.com

Sunday -> Jazz Cafe in Cheltenham for me. Tough choice between that and the Bromsgrove T dance.

Its bromsgrove 't' for me :clap: its the only dancing I will be doing this weekend :sad:

David Bailey
18th-November-2006, 08:38 PM
Jive Freestyle
Saturday 18th Nov

I think I'll give this a go - mainly coz if it's pants (sorry Dee :hug: ) I can get to Amersham in 15 minutes :)

Juju
18th-November-2006, 08:51 PM
Doesn't matter what's on this weekend, seeing as I'm stuck at home with a bad leg.

*sniffle*

Twirly
19th-November-2006, 12:06 AM
Well it's actually on the 19th, but there's dancing on the boat this weekend in London on Sunday afternoon. I plan on going to that.

Not going now - too sick :tears:

DavidY
19th-November-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of Solihull, but it has music and dancers, and there's nothing else on, so I'll be there.I was contemplating Solihull (as you say, there was nothing else on), but in the end I stayed at home. What was Solihull like?

TheTramp
19th-November-2006, 12:27 PM
Poor Twirly...

Chilled out freestyle party in Aberdeen tonight. Lots of swing, r&b and blues music.

Definitely THE place to be :rolleyes:

littlewiggle
19th-November-2006, 01:05 PM
I was contemplating Solihull (as you say, there was nothing else on), but in the end I stayed at home. What was Solihull like?

Me too - I remembered it wasn't that great before! Interested to hear Martin's comments tho.

Yogi_Bear
19th-November-2006, 01:42 PM
Me too. I couldn't get all that enthusiastic about Norwich, Solihull is just too far, so settled for SCD4 and the X-Factor instead....!?

MartinHarper
19th-November-2006, 03:45 PM
I was contemplating Solihull (as you say, there was nothing else on), but in the end I stayed at home. What was Solihull like?

About 20% over capacity. 50p for a pint of water. Music was decent. Dancers were decent. Last time I went it was mid-Summer and way too hot. This time the temperature was much better.
Last time I went the fun class was a double-trouble thing. This time it was just a regular three moves + a drop thing. Somewhat uninspired, I felt, but got the job done.
I arrived about 8:30, since I was running late, and nobody was dancing. Odd.
I always leave Solihull thinking that if it was my regular venue, I'd be much better at that floorcraft thing. I'd have to be.

Gav
19th-November-2006, 04:23 PM

Well, much though I'd love to find out what angelique's talking about, not to mention dance with all those great dancers at jivenights, I can't make it tonight :tears: :tears: :tears:

Heather
20th-November-2006, 10:52 AM
50p for a pint of water.

This intrigues me. It is against the law to charge for tapwater - I'm assuming that if it was served up in a pint glass then it was tap water - but then again it may have been poured from bottles?:confused:

:hug:
Heather

sidney
20th-November-2006, 11:02 AM
I gave Solihull a miss, as in the pass I have had a fair night but that floor is so small and you end up getting kicked all night, and you can't do drops etc without getting your head knocked in, but I and a couple of friends went to Steve's T.dance in Bromsgrove and once again a fab night with Steve being a wonderful host greets you all like his friends, but for me it was extra special a reunion with my twin brothers who happen to be in the next bar who I had not seen for a few years [long story] and one of them came in to watch and had a great time so that is a happy ending in time for xmas:clap: One more thing Fletch was once again on top form being her hostess best with ever one:kiss:

Daisy Chain
20th-November-2006, 01:02 PM
I went to a gem of a local freestyle on Saturday in an atmospheric little hall. Loved 100% of DJ Gerry's music (he didn't play a bad track all night so it was really difficult grabbing a pee break).

The floor was comfortably full with a fairly even number of men and women and most of the men were lovely partners with a few being absolutely stupendous. I even danced with a couple of beginners (not like me, must be slipping!) Didn't have a bad dance all night. I'm told there were plenty of excellent ladies too.

And it's only 10 mins drive. Fabulous

If I tell you where it is, I'd have to kill you as I don't want hundreds of women flocking to the next one.

Daisy

(A Selfish Little Flower)

Patrick
20th-November-2006, 02:21 PM
And it's only 10 mins drive. Fabulous

If I tell you where it is, I'd have to kill you as I don't want hundreds of women flocking to the next one.

Daisy

(A Selfish Little Flower)

Will you tell me? :innocent: I'm not a lady (well, mostly). And I'd promise you loads of dances...

I didn't make it back to the Midlands so far, apart from the champs day, but one day, I'll be back! :D

Patrick

(Just a :flower:)

Cruella
20th-November-2006, 02:25 PM
snip......

Ooh, you tease!!

Jhutch
20th-November-2006, 02:30 PM
This intrigues me. It is against the law to charge for tapwater - I'm assuming that if it was served up in a pint glass then it was tap water - but then again it may have been poured from bottles?:confused:

Heather

I think that the 50p covers the cost of the glass. If you take your glass back then any further tap water is free:)

Patrick
20th-November-2006, 02:52 PM
Ooh, you tease!!

I could tell you, but then Daisy would prob kill me... :eek: :wink:

Daisy Chain
20th-November-2006, 06:25 PM
Will you tell me? :innocent: I'm not a lady (well, mostly). And I'd promise you loads of dances...

OK, I've whispered it on your reputation (don't want those pesky females to find out:innocent: ). You can tell any good man who is likely to be up here in t'North.

Daisy

(A Secretive Little Flower)

PS You promised me loads of dances..................but are you any good?

Daisy Chain
20th-November-2006, 06:27 PM
Ooh, you tease!!

Moi? A tease?

Daisy

Cruella
20th-November-2006, 06:34 PM

But if you don't tell me, i'll give you a slow, painful, torture. Your choice. :D

TheTramp
20th-November-2006, 07:06 PM
But if you don't tell me, i'll give you a slow, painful, torture. Your choice. :D

She'll dance with you!

Cruella
20th-November-2006, 09:48 PM
She'll dance with you!

You obviously enjoy being tortured Steve!

Missy D
20th-November-2006, 09:48 PM
Stayed in friday - not by choice

Saturday I had a party where many punks attended. Was great to listen to the old stuff and see some old friends.

Sunday I went to Berko which I enjoyed. Great music played by Ian and Tessalicous. Had some great dances there too.

Still in punk mode on the way home so listened to The Ramones and Rage against the Machine.

MartinHarper
21st-November-2006, 12:53 AM
It is against the law to charge for tapwater

I don't believe so:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/your_rights/food.shtml

TheTramp
21st-November-2006, 10:27 AM
You obviously enjoy being tortured Steve!
Well. I do dance with you quite often these days... :flower:

Patrick
21st-November-2006, 12:10 PM

She'll dance with you!

Mmmm.... death :eek: , or torture??? :what: Maybe I'll stay south of Watford for a while! :whistle:

We did have a nice dance at Camber though, and my puppies survived that... ;)

I was going to try to appease you saying the place in question is more than 2 hours drive for you.... but in fact it's only 1hr 28min according to Multimap. :wink: Am I off the hook yet? :innocent:

Daisy Chain
21st-November-2006, 01:13 PM
Ooh, you tease!!

Thought you'd like to know that I went to the Monday night class at my secret local venue last night and it was absolutely fabulous.

If you'd like to come, I suggest Monday 4th December. Apparently, we'll all be flower arranging instead of dancing that night :what:

Daisy

(An Annoying Little Flower)

Patrick
21st-November-2006, 01:37 PM
OK, I've whispered it on your reputation (don't want those pesky females to find out:innocent: ). You can tell any good man who is likely to be up here in t'North.

Daisy

PS You promised me loads of dances..................but are you any good?
Thank you Daisy, I will make a trip to ********, incognito, and we may well miss each other completely!... (remember Ceroc Bath!). I'll wear a flower as a clue... maybe... :whistle: I'm afraid I don't know any good men (apart from me of course) :wink: :grin:

But what a question! It's almost like asking someone if they're any good in bed before, you know... :eek: :what: :wink: :D

I'll give you a multiple choice: :confused: :rolleyes:

a) I'm a bit of a hotshot, so I may well ignore you after all :na:
b) The ladies say I'm very good, and my dancing's coming on quite well too :devil:
c) Some ladies say I'm fantastic... others seem rather bored :confused:
d) I'm so desperate for a dance, I won't let you go all night :yum:
e) I'm so desperate for a woman I won't let you go all night :drool:

Which would you prefer then :wink: !?

If you would like a reference... :D

Sunday night was fab - had a few good dances. Patrick - you just keep getting better and your musicality is brilliant! Will definately catch you for another at the next event :yeah: :clap:

Thank you Donna, how much is that I owe you now? :cheers:

Am I any good? Only you can decide... it all depends... every dance is different!

But if you want a short answer, then - Yes, of course I am! (But are you?...)

Cruella
21st-November-2006, 01:51 PM
We did have a nice dance at Camber though, and my puppies survived that... ;)

But more to the point, did mine? :D

Am I off the hook yet? :
No!

Patrick
21st-November-2006, 02:28 PM
But more to the point, did mine? :D

I was very gentle when stroking your puppies, I didn't try to get them out of their fur even once! :innocent:

No!

I thought not :sad: ... death, or torture.... death, or torture.... :what: :confused:

Patrick :kiss:

ducasi
21st-November-2006, 08:49 PM

Heather
Since 2005 in Scotland (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/scotland/acts2005/50016--m.htm), in licensed premises "tap water fit for drinking must be provided free of charge on request."

However, I can find no definite pointer to such a law in the rest of the UK – in fact, the BBC says (http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/your_rights/food.shtml) that restaurants may legally charge for tap water.

Gav
21st-November-2006, 10:52 PM
Since drugged up clubbers started dying from dehydration I believe that clubs in England have been encouraged to give tap water freely. Whether that is regulated or not I don't know, but I haven't seen anywhere that refuses, although some just point you to the toilet sinks!

Daisy Chain
23rd-November-2006, 12:59 PM
I'll give you a multiple choice: :confused: :rolleyes:

a) I'm a bit of a hotshot, so I may well ignore you after all :na:
b) The ladies say I'm very good, and my dancing's coming on quite well too :devil:
c) Some ladies say I'm fantastic... others seem rather bored :confused:
d) I'm so desperate for a dance, I won't let you go all night :yum:
e) I'm so desperate for a woman I won't let you go all night :drool:

Which would you prefer then :wink: !?

I'd prefer option:

F) I'm even better than Nick M and and will ignore all other women and dance with Daisy until she's had enough of my charms and wants to try another strange man

Daisy

(A Difficult to Please Little Flower)