PDA

View Full Version : Monster Jive Cocktail

Brady
22nd-May-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm hoping to make it down to the Monster Jive Cocktail next month, and am wondering if anybody else on the forum is planning to go. I'm struggling with transport from an airport to the venue, as it is turning out to be a 2-4 hr. train journey. If anybody can help out with a lift for 2 of us, would you please give me a shout! Thanks!

For those who haven't heard about this, visit:
http://www.jivebug.co.uk/html/mjc.html

Cheers,

Brady

TheTramp
22nd-May-2003, 09:58 AM
Hiya Brady

You haven't actually given any details of which airport you're flying into, and what date (Friday or Saturday?), and what time. Apart from that, you've given everything that people might need.

Have had a quick look at maps & things. If you do fly into Heathrow, you can get a direct train through to Woking, which takes 55 minutes and seem to go every 30 minutes (20 past and 10 to the hour) on Friday evenings until 8:50, and then hourly (didn't look at Saturday). From Woking, it's about 3 miles to Bisley, so shouldn't cost the earth in a taxi (especially between 2 of you).

I would have offered a lift, but it's kinda a long way from Australia :D But if you don't manage to find one, that journey shouldn't be too bad (certainly better than 2-4 hours). Hope that helps.

Steve

Brady
22nd-May-2003, 12:26 PM
I plan to travel down on the Friday afternoon and back Sunday evening after the event. Haven't purchased plane tickets yet, as I'm flexible.

Thanks for the info Steve! You could just leave your car at the airport for us and I'll return it when I leave!!!!! :what:

Brady

Tiggerbabe
23rd-May-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Brady
I'm hoping to make it down to the Monster Jive Cocktail next month, and am wondering if anybody else on the forum is planning to go.

Well, only the ones who aren't lucky enough to get tickets for the Beach Ballroom party :tears: :tears: :tears:

Maybe next time Brady!:hug: