PDA

View Full Version : Serious in Dundee

Dreadful Scathe
21st-May-2003, 01:48 PM
If anyone is around in Dundee on the 7th June. .........

....Scottish Nursery nurses are having a 'fun day' in support of the recent strike action - which for anyone who hasnt read the news recently is because they havent had a pay rise in 15 years whilst having more responsibilities then ever before. In some cases councils have been putting it off for 3 years and the Union put their own proposal forward 18 months ago, so don't believe the hype of 'they should have tried negotiating' :).

I imagine that the recent proposal from councils that nursery nurses become part time sessional workers and get paid even less for what they do influenced the 90% vote for strike action too, but maybe i'm just cynical :).

Bet this doesnt get as much coverage in the papers!

Dance Demon
21st-May-2003, 05:17 PM
Good on ya DS. There was some sort of official action today it seems, and the guys at my work refused to cross the picket lines:waycool:

Heather
21st-May-2003, 06:14 PM
:D Where, what time , what's happening etc ???
:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-May-2003, 04:05 PM
Its all top secret at the moment apparantly - expect an update on the http://www.unison-scotland.org.uk web site at least the week before - or ill post it up if i find it sooner!

Dreadful Scathe
28th-May-2003, 04:08 PM
They moved the date

its now the 31st of May - yes THIS weekend -

heres the blurb

March Rally and fun for the kids in support of the Nursery Nurses. Fun day for kids with face-painting, balloons, juice etc etc. Both the city's new MSP's are booked to speak to the rally. (Kate McLean MSP (Lab) and Shona Robison MSP (SNP)).

The assembly point is Greenmarket, Dundee leaving at 12 noon to march to City Square for the rally.

someone tell me where greenmarket is ? :confused:

mmmm....free baloons and juice :)

Tiggerbabe
28th-May-2003, 07:27 PM
Good question - I think it's beside the Tax office behind the railway station. Drive past the railway station as if you were heading to Debenhams. Turn left at the signs for the car park, just past the modern art statue (on your left) you'll then be at the back of the DCA......................clear as mud, yeah? :confused: