PDA

View Full Version : Video clips help please

Lynn
8th-November-2006, 12:39 AM
Me again in the techie bit looking for advice and assistance.

I took some video clips on my digital camera of our tango teachers dancing last night. It was at a party so both space and light were limited. I had to turn the camera on its side to get a decent angle. So now I need to turn the image back round to the right way up. Can anyone recommend any (preferably free!) software I could use to do this?

Is there any software that I could use to lighten the image? And a way of editing the clips in terms of length would be good as well, as they might then be able to be put onto a website.

TIA.

under par
8th-November-2006, 12:48 AM
Me again in the techie bit looking for advice and assistance.

I took some video clips on my digital camera of our tango teachers dancing last night. It was at a party so both space and light were limited. I had to turn the camera on its side to get a decent angle. So now I need to turn the image back round to the right way up. Can anyone recommend any (preferably free!) software I could use to do this?

Is there any software that I could use to lighten the image? And a way of editing the clips in terms of length would be good as well, as they might then be able to be put onto a website.

TIA.

Hi Lynn could you maybe organise another event with more light, more space and only video what you need for a website!!

Otherwise good luck!:rofl:

Lynn
8th-November-2006, 01:02 AM
Hi Lynn could you maybe organise another event with more light, more space and only video what you need for a website!! Yeah, really helpful! :rolleyes: This was a case of an impromptu dance, I just happened to have my camera in my bag, quickly grabbed it and got what I could. The website bit is only an idea, its more that I would like to be able to view and share the clips.

If I want more I'll have to wait til next summer as they're heading back to Buenos Aires now. :(

under par
8th-November-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah, really helpful! :rolleyes: This was a case of an impromptu dance, I just happened to have my camera in my bag, quickly grabbed it and got what I could. The website bit is only an idea, its more that I would like to be able to view and share the clips.

If I want more I'll have to wait til next summer as they're heading back to Buenos Aires now. :(

You know how helpful I can be Lynn:whistle:

Lynn
8th-November-2006, 01:11 AM
You know how helpful I can be Lynn:whistle:I'm just waiting for someone to post that you can do much better video editing on a Mac...

ducasi
8th-November-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to post that you can do much better video editing on a Mac...
Probably ;) – not done enough to know how easily your rotation and brightness problems can be solved, but editing them for length, and adjusting the size and quality is very easy with Quicktime Pro.

Franck
8th-November-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to post that you can do much better video editing on a Mac...Well, actually :whistle:

Anyway, not sure how to do it on a PC, but if you emailed it to one of our Mac people on the forum (Ducasi, Azande, ClaireS, Feeling Pink, Tiggerbabe, myself, etc...), we could do it for you easily and all!
We could then post it to the video section of the 'Photo Gallery'

under par
8th-November-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, actually :whistle:

Anyway, not sure how to do it on a PC, but if you emailed it to one of our Mac people on the forum (Ducasi, Azande, ClaireS, Feeling Pink, myself, etc...), we could do it for you easily and all!
We could then post it to the video section of the 'Photo Gallery'

Is it only scots who have Macs ????

Dreadful Scathe
8th-November-2006, 08:28 AM
they're not all Scots , but people with good taste live in Scotland and use Macs :)

Cruella
8th-November-2006, 08:34 AM
turn the camera on its side to get a decent angle. So now I need to turn the image back round to the right way up. .
Just download it on to the computer. Turn the monitor on it's side............Voila!! :D

straycat
8th-November-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to post that you can do much better video editing on a Mac...

No real need - I thought that went without saying... :devil:

No... but maybe Scotland has a higher proportion of residents who have achieved enlightment.

Just download it on to the computer. Turn the monitor on it's side............Voila!! :D

See what the poor PC folk have to resort to? :(

:whistle:

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 11:15 AM
If you use XP then you have prob got Movie Maker installed which is basic but easy to use for editing etc.

I don't know of any free software but Adobe do a decent video editing package that they may do a free trial of (don't know what it;s called though).

Lou
10th-December-2006, 01:26 PM
....Ducasi, Azande, ClaireS, Feeling Pink, Tiggerbabe, myself, etc...

What do you call Franck, Ducasi, Azande, etc..... standing in a Cemetery?

Max Bygraves!

(I'll get me coat........:whistle: )

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 02:05 PM
:confused:

philsmove
10th-December-2006, 02:11 PM
If you use XP then you have prob got Movie Maker installed which is basic but easy to use for editing etc.

you can down load it here

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

yes it wiil do what you want

Lee Bartholomew
10th-December-2006, 02:19 PM
You could always try this nifty bit of software too.

It's one of the better bits of editing software. Link is for a 30 day trial.

http://www.download.com/Ulead-VideoStudio/3000-2194_4-10527529.html?tag=lst-4-5

David Franklin
11th-December-2006, 12:21 AM
I've used a piece of software called Virtual Dub to do exactly this. Note that it may not as simple as a rotation by 90 degrees - you may want to scale/crop the picture afterwards (because otherwise you will lose a bit of resolution by having to squeeze it into a normal aspect ratio).

Lynn
11th-December-2006, 12:48 AM
If you use XP then you have prob got Movie Maker installed which is basic but easy to use for editing etc. I have! I didn't even know it was there. :blush: I'll need to play about with the clips a bit, and next time I won't turn the camera - but it means I can watch them back without turning the monitor on its side...

Also playing about with fading in and out etc and I see I can add several clips together.

Tartaniad
11th-December-2006, 01:04 AM
there is also a disc called finepix from fujitsu that is easy to get.I use for work every day,just google it to get address and download.

Blueshoes
11th-December-2006, 01:28 AM

They need them, it's always raining up there....