PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 10th/11th/12th

SuzyQ
7th-November-2006, 10:19 PM
For those of us who aren't going to Camber ...

.... where is everyone gonna be??

SuzyQ
7th-November-2006, 10:21 PM
Oooo just answered my own question by looking on uk-jive

Twyford is on - Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :grin:

Gav
7th-November-2006, 10:24 PM
Oooo just answered my own question by looking on uk-jive

Twyford is on - Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :grin:

What's Twyford?
Where's Twyford?
and why can't I see it on uk-jive?

SuzyQ
7th-November-2006, 10:34 PM
Aha ... sorry Gav ... it is called Reading on UK jive ... but it is actually not in Reading at all ... rather it is a couple of miles north-east of Reading in Twyford :grin:

Yogi_Bear
7th-November-2006, 10:37 PM
What's Twyford?
Where's Twyford?

It's throughCeroc Thames Valley
http://www.ceroctv.co.uk/html/dates.htm

Alternatively there's a Ceroc Metro freestyle on Saturday at Stevenage - recommended....

Mary
7th-November-2006, 10:38 PM
Nah, you don't wanna go to Twyford. Rotten music, awful dancers........:whistle: :whistle:

M

Gav
7th-November-2006, 10:39 PM
Aha ... sorry Gav ... it is called Reading on UK jive ... but it is actually not in Reading at all ... rather it is a couple of miles north-east of Reading in Twyford :grin:

Ta.

It's throughCeroc Thames Valley
http://www.ceroctv.co.uk/html/dates.htm

Alternatively there's a Ceroc Metro freestyle on Saturday at Stevenage - recommended....

I was thinking more of Friday night, or even Sunday.
I'm at a friends leaving drinks on Saturday night and as she's moving to Chamonix, I can't really miss it. :tears:

SuzyQ
7th-November-2006, 10:41 PM
Nah, you don't wanna go to Twyford. Rotten music, awful dancers........:whistle: :whistle:

M

Are you trying to keep it exclusive for those of us in the know?? :wink:

Mary
7th-November-2006, 10:45 PM
Are you trying to keep it exclusive for those of us in the know?? :wink:

Moi???!!!!!!:innocent:

M

SuzyQ
7th-November-2006, 10:47 PM
... And here's silly old me blabbing it about all over the forum ... oops ... will try not to tell everyone how fab it is in the future :)!

Miss Conduct
7th-November-2006, 11:48 PM
This weekend I'll be making my first trip to Sunny Scotland!!! :clap:

Kim & I will be in Edinburgh on Friday the 10th and Glasgow on Saturday the 11th so hopefully I'll be able to put some faces to forumite names. :flower: Please come & say hello and/or ask us for a dance.

Minnie M
8th-November-2006, 01:25 AM
What's Twyford?
Where's Twyford?

check out my list - easier to read :whistle:

Heather
8th-November-2006, 09:44 AM
:clap: I'll be at the wedding of my good friends, Miss Melanie Hutton ( Filthycute) and Mr James Lees ( Jive Brummie ) :awe:
Two lovely people and as many of you know fabulous and talented dancers.
:respect:
I'll be singing 'Ave Maria' for them at the wedding ceremony and sitting in my own wee corner at the reception , seeing as I can't dance for a few weeks while I recover from my op:tears:

I'd like to wish the pair of them all the best for a wonderful life together :flower:

:hug:

Heather

Bex
8th-November-2006, 09:59 AM
Ta.

I was thinking more of Friday night, or even Sunday.
I'm at a friends leaving drinks on Saturday night and as she's moving to Chamonix, I can't really miss it. :tears:

Twyford is on every Friday night too, we have the lovely Annette (Ceroc London) DJing and Billco teaching :clap:

Berkhamsted is always good on a Sunday or you could check the main Ceroc website to see if London have a tea dance.

Hope you have a great time, wherever you go.

sidney
8th-November-2006, 10:20 AM
I will be going to Benn Hall on sunday in Rugby for the T,dance it's a lovely venue with decent music and some good dancers. The rest of the weekend is taken up with non-dancing activities.:nice:

firefly
8th-November-2006, 02:13 PM
For those of us who aren't going to Camber ...

.... where is everyone gonna be??

So where's the obligatory poll? :wink:

Unfortunately I'm going to miss Route 66 in Edinburgh on Friday - will make it there sometime! But I have friends coming up from London for the weekend, so we'll be at the Glasgow party on Saturday (hope to see you there, Miss Conduct!) then a dips and drops workshop on Sunday.

WittyBird
8th-November-2006, 02:16 PM
You could stay in and play all weekend

SuzyQ
8th-November-2006, 06:35 PM
So where's the obligatory poll? :wink:

Thought it would be a bit ambitous for a first time thread starter ;)!

Genie
8th-November-2006, 06:52 PM
Thames Valley!?!

There was me thinking this was a Scotland forum. Scotland! That's...North! And yet, everything seems to be south. WAAAYYYY SOUTH! *cries*

Even Dundee is South! :(

fletch
8th-November-2006, 06:58 PM
I will be going to Benn Hall on sunday in Rugby for the T,dance it's a lovely venue with decent music and some good dancers. The rest of the weekend is taken up with non-dancing activities.:nice:

Are you not going to the ball at 'Burton' now then :confused:

I think Wes is DJing :confused:

Quick note while I think of it :what:

Good luck Nikkie and Pat at Burton with your first venture :flower:

David Bailey
9th-November-2006, 09:41 AM
Thames Valley!?!

There was me thinking this was a Scotland forum. Scotland! That's...North! And yet, everything seems to be south. WAAAYYYY SOUTH! *cries*

Even Dundee is South! :(
Ahhh... the standard cry of "It's not just London!". :grin:

It warms the cockles, that does, to see the good old traditions of these threads being maintained so diligently. It's like watching the State Opening Of Parliament, every week or something.

TheTramp
9th-November-2006, 10:20 AM
You're really in a grumpy mood this morning, aren't you DJ? :hug:

David Bailey
9th-November-2006, 10:23 AM
You're really in a grumpy mood this morning, aren't you DJ? :hug:
Nope.

TheTramp
9th-November-2006, 10:24 AM
Nope.

Oh? Just standard sort of grumpy then? :na:

David Bailey
9th-November-2006, 10:26 AM
Oh? Just standard sort of grumpy then? :na:
Yeah.

TheTramp
9th-November-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah.

And pretty monosyllabic too? Or is that just to me? :love:

David Bailey
9th-November-2006, 10:29 AM
Nope.

Twirly
9th-November-2006, 10:46 AM

Nope.

So which question were you answering?

MartinHarper
9th-November-2006, 10:48 AM
Nunnery Woods freestyle in Worcester on Saturday.
Nothing on this Friday or Sunday I can see.

David Bailey
9th-November-2006, 10:55 AM
So which question were you answering?
None.

TheTramp
9th-November-2006, 10:58 AM
None.

Really?

sidney
9th-November-2006, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=fletch;304396]Are you not going to the ball at 'Burton' now then :confused:

No something came up that I could not get of, so just the T.dance in Rugby, anywhere have a great time at Camber and have a drink on me:cheers: I try and get to Steve's next T.dance and catch up with you and the kids there:flower: I have to add more words as it won't send so I will just ramble:confused

Dance Demon
9th-November-2006, 03:13 PM
Route 66 in Edinburgh for me on Friday night, then James & Melanies wedding on Saturday:clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul F
9th-November-2006, 06:35 PM
I have gone from not doing anything this weekend to having a pretty full one!
Hoping to get to Twyford on Saturday night.

Mary
9th-November-2006, 09:14 PM

Save me a dance or two please?

M

Paul F
9th-November-2006, 11:32 PM
Save me a dance or two please?

M

:hug:

senorita
10th-November-2006, 12:21 PM
If your at a loose end....

FREE party!!!

St Albans is the place to be tonight (Friday 10th November) to celebrate the opening of a new venue.

freestyle party from 8pm to midnight at the

The Da Vinci Hall
Marlborough School
Watling Street
St Albans
Hertfordshire
AL1 2QA

3 DJ's, Jon Brett, Tezi & Robin, and new DJ Marie Delort

At the moment the bar is being arranged so water will available at all your tables and will be refilled as it runs out, but please feel free to bring your own drinks.

There will also be light refreshments and hot drinks freely available.

This is a no smoking venue
Huge free car park

You will still need to have your membership card with you. If you have lost it then you will be required to fill out a form and get a new card.

Contact details:
CerocMetro
Tel : 07768 005858

Zebra Woman
10th-November-2006, 03:11 PM

Oh goody! Put me down for a dance or 5 please Paul. :flower:

If anyone fancies a car share to Twyford from M1 Junc 14ish and onwards - please PM me.

ZW

SuzyQ
12th-November-2006, 08:10 PM
Twyford on Saturday was fun!
Music A+: Thank you Toby :respect:
Lots of really great dances!:grin:

sidney
13th-November-2006, 10:50 AM
Went to Rugby last night, fab music even the the crowd clapped at the end of the evening :clap: also good turn out so yes all in all good night:)

David Bailey
13th-November-2006, 12:07 PM
If your at a loose end....

FREE party!!!

St Albans is the place to be tonight (Friday 10th November) to celebrate the opening of a new venue.
I was, and it was rammed - packed solid, I assume Chesham must have been deserted.
Lots of good dancers, lots of free drinkies and foodies, plus a screen showing tango dancing - blimey, that's what i call a party.

Forewarned, I was on the lookout for someone surreptitiously announcing a dance venue - and THEY DID! Sneaky beggars, luring us in like that on true pretenses... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's a nice venue, quite like Chesham in fact, and it's starting on Thursdays - Mick Wenger and Jo teaching. (I had a couple of dances with Jo, and she coped with both Tango and Cha-Cha, so she can't be too bad :) - that's Blonde Jo, not Ashtons Jo, by the way)

It seems only last week there was almost nowhere to dance in the London area on Thursdays; now we've got Bow, Muswell Hill, St. Albans, Fulham, and Harrow. Thursdays are obviously the new Fridays...

detomo
13th-November-2006, 01:29 PM
I went to Exeter on Friday Night. "Big Night", only it was pretty empty, the only big thing being the space on the dance floor, with nearly all of the experienced dancers elsewhere :(. So I just wandered the hall asking all and anyone. Think I danced with all but one or two ladies :)

Simon r
13th-November-2006, 02:01 PM
Anyway, it's a nice venue, quite like Chesham in fact, and it's starting on Thursdays - Mick Wenger and Jo teaching. (I had a couple of dances with Jo, and she coped with both Tango and Cha-Cha, so she can't be too bad :) - that's Blonde Jo, not Ashtons Jo, by the way)
Wow Jo must be so pleased to get your blessing, from such an expert as well

David Bailey
13th-November-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow Jo must be so pleased to get your blessing, from such an expert as well
I'm sure she is.

And thanks for the praise, I'll file it in the special place I have for that type of comment.

But I suspect most Ceroc teachers wouldn't have a clue about either dance style if they were thrown it unexpectedly.

Simon r
13th-November-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm sure she is.

And thanks for the praise, I'll file it in the special place I have for that type of comment.

I would imagine that is right next to your head, under inflated

Lost Leader
13th-November-2006, 02:57 PM
Totally agree about the Rugby T dance - twas indeed and excellent night, a good turn-out, some fab dances and great DJ'ing once again from Rod A. :nice: Will definitely be going to the next one.

senorita
13th-November-2006, 04:19 PM
Forewarned, I was on the lookout for someone surreptitiously announcing a dance venue - and THEY DID! Sneaky beggars, luring us in like that on true pretenses... :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

I had a fab time!! :grin: :grin:
Combination of music was great. Floor was great. The temperture of the room was perfect. Cold drinks available. Refreshments available free of charge. Atmosphere was great!
thanks to all that I danced with! :drool: Mike, Latinlover (wow what a great dance we had), DJ, there were so many other great dances (non forumites)but I dont know their names.
It is great being out in the dance scene again. :)

cerocmetro
14th-November-2006, 12:23 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

I had a fab time!! :grin: :grin:
Combination of music was great. Floor was great. The temperture of the room was perfect. Cold drinks available. Refreshments available free of charge. Atmosphere was great!
thanks to all that I danced with! :drool: Mike, Latinlover (wow what a great dance we had), DJ, there were so many other great dances (non forumites)but I dont know their names.
It is great being out in the dance scene again. :)

I am sooooo gutted I could not have been there, but fear not we will not only be having the thursday nights there but we will also be running a few fridays as well.

And was it true did we have Vicktor working on the Teas and coffees's, I heard a rumour but have seen no photgraphic evidence?

Adam ( feeling all of 12,500 miles away but back in a couple of weeks.)

David Bailey
14th-November-2006, 12:32 PM
And was it true did we have Vicktor working on the Teas and coffees's, I heard a rumour but have seen no photgraphic evidence?
Viktor was there yes, dunno about serving teas - I saw him at the end trying to persuade a couple of staff to learn to Ceroc though :rofl:

WittyBird
14th-November-2006, 12:44 PM
Viktor was there yes, dunno about serving teas - I saw him at the end trying to persuade a couple of staff to learn to Ceroc though :rofl:

Surely who Adam chooses to Employ is down to him? :rolleyes:

cerocmetro
14th-November-2006, 12:46 PM
Hey I hear other new venues are bringing in guest celeb teachers, we can have guest celeb tea ladies and gentlemen.:whistle: