PDA

View Full Version : Ipod speakers and Bose sounddock

under par
3rd-November-2006, 10:31 AM
Hello again geek world:clap:

Its me again I will be getting a reputation for posting in here if I'm not careful!!:blush:

I am looking forward to the delivery of my Ipod Nano (8gb black!!!) today.

In discussing this with colleagues at work one person said that the BOSE sounddock although very expensive is extremely good (well dogs b*ll*cks were mentioned) as a speaker for the nanno !!!

Now we don't have a stereo sytem at home and I was wondering if this Bose sounddock is a good value? a quality item, etc?

I can't find it any cheaper than £249 on the WWW any suggestions for better price ( I want the black one it looks much sexier!!:whistle: )

Under Par

Paul F
3rd-November-2006, 11:15 AM
I too am looking for a sound-dock type speaker setup type thingy (techhy speak)

I need something to fill a room as I need to use it in dance studios, halls etc.

I have not heard the different speaker docks side by side but I was listening to the Bose sounddock while in India. It was very good but I wasnt exactly blown away.

Im so naive about things like this I kind of expected it to be a huge booming sound. Sort of 'not knowing where the sound is coming from' kind of thing. I expected it to be THAT good. It wasn't.
The range was good in that I could hear every instrument clearly but I really cant believe the lower priced competitors are substantially inferior.
I could be wrong though. Think I am probably trying to convince myself so I dont have to spend so much wonga.

clevedonboy
3rd-November-2006, 11:36 AM
Have a look at the ipod lounge buyers guide which you can download for free from here http://ilounge.com/index.php/sitenews/comments/download-now-the-2007-ipod-buyers-guide-by-iloungecom/

All sorts of options that you'll probably not have considered!

As for Bose - overpriced is the word I'd use

ducasi
3rd-November-2006, 12:07 PM
I have one of these (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=2661,CONTENTID=10785)... Quite nice, very portable, and they can fill a small room fairly well.

For larger or noisy spaces I'd have a look at Apple's iPod Hi-Fi (http://www.apple.com/ipodhifi/).

And for home use, I'd buy a normal Hi-Fi, a docking station for the iPod with a remote, and just plug it in the back... (Actually, for home use, I plug my computer into my Hi-Fi – via one of these (http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/)... :))

As clevedonboy boy says, Bose does seem quite expensive, though they do make quality products that look good too. (Um, I guess a bit like Apple. ;))

philsmove
3rd-November-2006, 03:45 PM
Most of the reviews I have read reckon the BOSE is good but overpriced

If you have a John Lewis it should be possible to listen to them

Or if you don’t like what you have bought take them back

John Lewis may be more expensive than buying on line, but there service is fantastic

Tartaniad
3rd-November-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi,

I have the Bose docking station and a 30gb Ipod.
Best things I ever bought for sound and a nifty little credit card remote control.

If you can afford it buy it.

Kev F
4th-November-2006, 01:17 AM
The BOSE docking station is fantastic sound quality. I use mine in a studio and it is powerful enough to fill the room with sound; although it can't make low quality downloads sound good.

It is expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Tiggerbabe
4th-November-2006, 10:57 AM
I've got the JBL On Stage speaker for my iPod UP, it's fab too. Can fill a whole room with good quality sound and it's easily portable. :D

philsmove
28th-November-2006, 04:57 PM
Its my ‘tyith b’day next week and I am off for serous retail therapy Mr Parr what did you buy in the end

Paul F
28th-November-2006, 05:46 PM
Just to add 2 more contenders, I would check out

JBL On Time

and the seemingly very impressive

JBL Radial :waycool:

mick s
28th-November-2006, 05:51 PM
I have the JBL donut shaped speaker which although not as good quality as the Bose is really portable and still a good buy at £99. If you have a sound system you can still play your ipod through that.

If you fancy splashing out you can buy my virtual surround sound Bose system that I bought on impulse and never use as I am always in the car going somewhere.

under par
28th-November-2006, 06:30 PM
Well I bought the Bose Sounddock in black and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the sound.:yeah:

it is eminently small and portable with the free Bose carry bag for extra protection in transit.:cheers:

It was a tad more than I wanted to pay but enough good things were said about it for me to take the plunge. Iam more than happy with it now.

With my new Ipod 8 gb filling up nicely (almost 450 tracks already!) it means I am a mobile DJ ......

Anyone need a DJ ???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

djtrev
28th-November-2006, 09:49 PM

With my new Ipod 8 gb filling up nicely (almost 450 tracks already!) it means I am a mobile DJ ......

Anyone need a DJ ???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ceroc might be looking for some new blood soon,or on the other hand you could try Camber or Southport

Missy D
28th-November-2006, 10:49 PM
Well looks like I wont be buying my daughter any speakers for Christmas now as someone stole her Ipod Nano and mobile phone:sad: Poor thing has cried for 2 days.:tears:

Miguel
29th-November-2006, 09:09 AM
Have a look at the Monitor Audio i-deck. It has received fantastic reviews but is probably to big to transport. Costs about £200.
http://www.i-deck.co.uk/product.php?product=1

Swinging bee
29th-November-2006, 04:39 PM
[Bose Sound dock.

Our Tango teacher has one of these and it is a super bit of kit.::yeah:
She bought it from the Bose shop at the Ashford outlet centre for what I believe was a very good discounted price.