PDA

View Full Version : TV Dopplegangers

Gadget
16th-May-2003, 11:58 PM
I was round at my brother-in-law's and ukPlus was on TV muted in the background - the male lead walked on and I suddenly saw a striking resembelance {sorry heather} to Bill (BTC) Foreman!! The program was "Man About The House" in case anyone wants to confirm this.

SO - are there any more hidden dopplegangers?

Dance Demon
17th-May-2003, 12:37 PM
Gadget
Think the actor you refer to is Richard O'sullivan, ..he also appeared in a sitcom called "Robins Nest"... and a really ropey drama series about Dick Turpin.......and now you mention it....he does look a bit like BTC Bill:D

Graham
17th-May-2003, 12:42 PM
So what does everyone think?

Wendy
17th-May-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Graham
So what does everyone think? Pah !!! Not a patch on our Bill and bet he can't dance either !!

Wxxx

PS Photos of Bill on www.cerocchamps.com/results.php (http://www.cerocchamps.com/results.php) (wanted to insert the photo but cerocchamps won't let me..) and NB DS I WAS dressed as a Smurf and NB Rachel that's HIM with the Smurf !!!

Bill
18th-May-2003, 05:19 PM
Thanks gadget !!!!!!!!!!! Actually I was told I looked a bit like him at the time - mainly on account of having long dark hair in my 20's.

But I never got to share with 2 women........and I didn't have to pretend I was gay :D

When heather and Sheena came back for coffee last night they saw a photo form a few years back and thought tehre was a similarity to someone else.

Anyway, who else has a 'double'. apologies to dancers over the next few weeks if I appear to be staring :grin:

Fran
18th-May-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Bill

Anyway, who else has a 'double'. apologies to dancers over the next few weeks if I appear to be staring :grin:

......quite like that program when i was younger - thought it must be great fun to leave home and live with friends. ( he doesnt have an earing anyway :wink:

with regards to the looka like- we were watching tv some time ago and saw an actor being interview who looked like Brady - cant remeber his name though. :sad: do you remember him bill? he was in the film Birdy which was produced in the 80's. bet he cant dance either though!:wink:

fran:nice:

Wendy
18th-May-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Fran
[Bsaw an actor being interviewed who looked like Brady - can't remember his name though. :sad: [/B]Not Nicolas Cage so you must mean the other one... (look up Halliwell's)... Matthew Modine.. also think he looks like Tim Henman (Chickie can take the credit for that one!) and also the guy in Smallville.. you know the young Superman, Clark Kent...

Greg (Sheepman) is supposed to look like Steve Martin but he's far better looking than that IMHO....

I said this in another thread so sorry if you've read it (don't want to be like Trampie and tell the same story over and over and over... hee hee).. apparently Clark Gable turns up in a cool nightclub and people start to whisper.. CG is here .. all excited.. and someone says .. yeh... but can he dance ?! I just love that so much....

Wxxx

John S
18th-May-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Clark Gable turns up in a cool nightclub and people start to whisper.. CG is here .. all excited.. and someone says .. yeh... but can he dance ?! I just love that so much....

Wxxx
I think I read somewhere that Clark suffered from halitosis, so his success on the dancefloor would have been quite limited, I guess, and would probaly have finished in a Gable End.
Don't worry, lawyers, no possibility of libel/slander, as he has shuffled off this mortal stage.

Wendy
18th-May-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by John S
I think I read somewhere that Clark suffered from halitosis, so his success on the dancefloor would have been quite limited, I guess..Surely good dancers with halitosis learn to breathe through their nose !!

Wxxx

Tiggerbabe
18th-May-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Bill
When heather and Sheena came back for coffee last night they saw a photo form a few years back and thought there was a similarity to someone else.

Mmnn yes! Bill or Robert Powell - it was really quite spooky - as was having a dead guy make me a cup of coffee (but in the absence of a "Sleepless in Union Street" a girl's gotta do and all that :wink: :D )
And wasn't Robert married to one of Pan's People so he's sure to have been able to dance a bit :waycool: (Pan's people - dancing - same sentence:confused: :confused: )

Twinkle Toes
19th-May-2003, 12:04 AM
What about Roy the Boy, he's a dead ringer for John Luc Picard ... :eek: and my Dad, now I come to think of it !

Better behave myself, he'll be thinking he can spank my bottom and get away with it. :yum:

TT
:hug:

Heather
19th-May-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
What about Roy the Boy,

Better behave myself, he'll be thinking he can spank my bottom and get away with it. :yum:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Heather,
:hug: :kiss:
XX

Sheepman
19th-May-2003, 01:55 PM
Greg (Sheepman) is supposed to look like Steve Martin
Close enough so that I've had complete strangers come up, and say "You know who you remind me off . . ." or the more direct "Hi Steve." I have to admit I was happier when on a flight once, this kid said to me "Are you the Fugitive?" (Harrison Ford). Not a very bright kid though, after all, what would Harrison Ford be doing in economy class?

A friend called Caroline is a dead cert for Marilyn Monroe, but sadly she is rarely seen on the dance scene since getting hitched, and she is far too shy to play on it.
We also have a regular at Hipster's (Keith) we call Jools (Holland), though I don't really see it myself.
Greg

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 03:00 PM
Take the hair off Ben Stiller in the Royal Tennenbaums (really crappy movie - don't watch it to check) and do we have a (much uglier obviously) DH?

Aleks
19th-May-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Royal Tennenbaums (really crappy movie - don't watch it to check)

I agree:sick: :sad:

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:04 PM
Here's Dave during his "Brookside" audition.

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:09 PM
Here's Dave during his "Brookside" audition. Rats. Fell over a feature of the forum software - one which I already knew about, which is doubly annoying. Anyway, here it is:

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:11 PM
Wonder if this does anything different......

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 05:16 PM
:eek:

can you airbrush out the hair?

does make a big difference, I'm not seeing it nearly so much in this photo but there honestly were moments in the film where the facial expressions matched.

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:20 PM
Here's Dave on his Brookside audition.

Franck - can you clean up my mess, please? Thanks! :grin:

Gadget
19th-May-2003, 05:36 PM
:eek:
can you airbrush out the hair?
Scary

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 05:40 PM
Gadget you are a star - now I've GOT to know if anyone else sees this or if I am just completely loopy.

Was that scary as in scary lookylikey or just scary as in don't want to sit next to that nutter on a bus?

And Franck please can you edit D's viewing options so that he can't see this thread. I feel a violent attack coming on!!:D

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:51 PM
Gadget you are a star - now I've GOT to know if anyone else sees this or if I am just completely loopy. Aleks and I had already said we can see the resemblance.

Graham
19th-May-2003, 05:52 PM
But of course you are loopy. :wink:

Bill
19th-May-2003, 05:55 PM
What about Roy the Boy, he's a dead ringer for John Luc Picard ... :eek: and my Dad, now I come to think of it !

TT

if he doesn't maybe others will volunteer :D :na:

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 05:56 PM
Aleks and I had already said we can see the resemblance.

HMmmmmm, I thought Alexs said she thought the movie was crap and then you were agreeing with HER on that point.???

Which is why I went on.:sorry

But of course you are loopy.

And thought you might say this funnily enough:tears:

Graham
19th-May-2003, 06:10 PM
HMmmmmm, I thought Alexs said she thought the movie was crap and then you were agreeing with HER on that point.???
Oops. You're quite right - she was agreeing about the movie, not about old slaphead after all. However, I was agreeing about the resemblance - I haven't seen the movie.

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 06:15 PM
not about old slaphead after all. .

Good job Franck's edited his viewing options eh?

Goodness only knows what he would post in the thread YOU can't see if he could read that!!!!!:D :devil:

Twinkle Toes
20th-May-2003, 12:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

... and would you be one of the volunteers Bill, or would I have to be a bit naughty first, mmmm ...... :devil: that shouldn't be too difficult. :wink:

... eh ... will you be wanting me to wear my school uniform ? :innocent: :D

TT x

Grant
20th-May-2003, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bill

... and would you be one of the volunteers Bill, or would I have to be a bit naughty first, mmmm ...... :devil: that shouldn't be too difficult. :wink:

TT x
So does this mean that you don't think all attached men are out of bounds?:devil:
Grant

Dreadful Scathe
20th-May-2003, 02:36 PM
I dont think anyone has an objection regarding twinkle toes wearing school uniform :)

Grant
20th-May-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I dont think anyone has an objection regarding twinkle toes wearing school uniform :)
Why would we? Especially if she posted a piccie on the forum.:yum:
Grant

Dance Demon
20th-May-2003, 04:23 PM

TT x

Would that include the French knickers then TT :wink: :wink: :yum:

Twinkle Toes
20th-May-2003, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grant
So does this mean that you don't think all attached men are out of bounds?:devil:
Grant

Bill is not only out of bounds, he is also out of my league. :tears:
But since he knows who I am, I don't think he'll mind me teasing him. :devil:

..... and with a georgeous girl like Fran, I'm sure he wouldn't be tempted anyway. :tears:

TT x

Twinkle Toes
20th-May-2003, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dance Demon
Would that include the French knickers then TT :wink: :wink: :yum:

Maybe .... any preference in colour ?

... eh.... hang on a minute, I seem to recall a couple of years ago, when you were the acting head master, that you've already spanked me .... that's how you spotted the nicks in the first place .... and you did it in front of loads of people. You beast.
I'm away to look out the photo's now. :devil:

TT x

Grant
21st-May-2003, 10:58 AM

Bill is not only out of bounds, he is also out of my league. :tears:
..... and with a georgeous girl like Fran, I'm sure he wouldn't be tempted anyway. :tears:

TT x
Awwww TT, don't cry :hug:
I'm sure if you keep looking you will find an unattached man who is a good'un. :)
And if you post a piccie here of you in that schoolgirl outfit he may come looking for you:wink: :D

Grant

Bill
21st-May-2003, 03:52 PM

... eh.... hang on a minute, I seem to recall a couple of years ago, when you were the acting head master, that you've already spanked me .... that's how you spotted the nicks in the first place .... and you did it in front of loads of people. You beast.
I'm away to look out the photo's now. :devil:

TT x

:hug: [/B]

Mmmmmmmmmmm...............can't wait to see them then :devil: :D

how much further off topic can we get on this one :confused: :na: ..unless o fcourse you in your outfit and French knickers reminds us all of someone famous :wink:

Twinkle Toes
22nd-May-2003, 12:48 AM
... how much further off topic can we get on this one :confused: :na: ..unless o fcourse you in your outfit and French knickers reminds us all of someone famous :wink:

:sorry Bill, you are quite right. I'm afraid I can't think of a lookalike for me, but DD could possibly look like a slimmer and younger version of Robbie Coltrane. :D

... But on a bad day, I've also seem him look like Elvis Presley. :D

TT x :hug:

Grant
22nd-May-2003, 02:42 PM
[B] DD could possibly look like a slimmer and younger version of Robbie Coltrane.
TT,
Did you and DD go to Ceroc in Glasgow last night ??

Grant

Twinkle Toes
22nd-May-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Grant
TT,
Did you and DD go to Ceroc in Glasgow last night ??Don't know about DD, but I certainly wasn't there.

:nice: TT.

Dance Demon
22nd-May-2003, 05:14 PM
[B

... But on a bad day, I've also seem him look like Elvis Presley. :D

TT x :hug:

Hey....I thought I looked like Elvis on a good day......:D

:hug: love Hagrid:wink:

Dance Demon
22nd-May-2003, 05:17 PM
TT,
Did you and DD go to Ceroc in Glasgow last night ??

Grant

I wuz there...along with my lovely wife(crawl crawl)..and Dr. Feelgood...I was wearing a red T shirt with the Devils Head and "El Diablo" logo on it.
:cheers:

Wendy
22nd-May-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
I was wearing a red T shirt with the Devils Head and "El Diablo" Oh the guy who danced with me to Kirsty McColl .... loved that !!!! :wink:

Wxxx

Dance Demon
22nd-May-2003, 05:26 PM
Oh the guy who danced with me to Kirsty McColl .... loved that !!!! :wink:

Wxxx

Si Senora
No le gusta caminar, no puede montar a caballo..:wink:
It was a joy:hug: :hug:

Wendy
22nd-May-2003, 05:37 PM
Si Senora
No le gusta caminar, no puede montar a caballo..:wink:
It was a joy:hug: :hug: Just been chatting to Debster... it's hers really.... she has the shoes and everything !!! Sigh.. still... I do the best I can with what I've got !!!

A joy for me too DD... any time....

:kiss:

Wxxx

Dance Demon
23rd-May-2003, 12:12 AM
back on thread.........

Jules ..who dances in Edinburgh( Leroc & Ceroc) looks very much like Matt LeBlanc(Joey in Friends) .....see pic 2 in the flashy mover thread...

There is also a guy called Charlie who dances in Edinburgh who looks like Rolf Harris.....(ooowhhh...nimnminimnmim..can you tell who i mean yet?):D

Wendy
23rd-May-2003, 12:19 AM
There is also a guy called Charlie who dances in Edinburgh who looks like Rolf Harris.....(ooowhhh...nimnminimnmim..can you tell who i mean yet?):D Yip know the guy you mean ... he's a lovely dancer... don't know how good his painting is... haven't been invited to see his etchings...

Wxxx

Grant
23rd-May-2003, 10:05 AM
I wuz there...along with my lovely wife(crawl crawl)..and Dr. Feelgood...I was wearing a red T shirt with the Devils Head and "El Diablo" logo on it.
When I read TT's description I thought it must have been you. Thanks for confirming it. And thanks to your lovely wife for the dance :D
Grant
PS. Still don't have a clue who Dr Feelgood and TT are though:confused:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-May-2003, 10:11 AM

PS. Still don't have a clue who Dr Feelgood and TT are though:confused:

Dr.Feelgood is 6ft 6 with laser beam vision and TT is very much like the duracell bunny but cuter.

does that help ? :)

Grant
23rd-May-2003, 10:17 AM
does that help ? :)
Not with Dr Feelgood but I'm starting to think that perhaps I do know TT. Is she in one of the pics on the flashy mover thread?
Grant

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-May-2003, 10:53 AM
Not with Dr Feelgood but I'm starting to think that perhaps I do know TT. Is she in one of the pics on the flashy mover thread?
Grant

About the same height - but no, thats wee Ruth - sorta like the Duracell bunny too but one thats swallowed nitro-glycerin :)

Grant
23rd-May-2003, 11:03 AM
thats wee Ruth - sorta like the Duracell bunny too but one thats swallowed nitro-glycerin :)
Grant
PS. Any more clues on TT then?

Dance Demon
23rd-May-2003, 04:47 PM
[B
PS. Any more clues on TT then? [/B]

Wellll, i think she looks a bit like the small blonde female copper in the Bill ( not sure of her name) but she also played Nick berrys wife in that cop series that he was in :confused: ( no not heartbeat)

Graham
23rd-May-2003, 07:41 PM
Grant: I can PM you a link to a photo of her. How much is know her identity worth to you?

TT: I can PM Grant a link to a photo of you. How much is protecting your identity worth to you?

Twinkle Toes
23rd-May-2003, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
About the same height - but no, thats wee Ruth - sorta like the Duracell bunny too but one thats swallowed nitro-glycerin :)

...and you'll be Mr Ever Ready then !!! :wink: :D

TT. x

John S
23rd-May-2003, 08:00 PM
Grant: I can PM you a link to a photo of her. How much is know her identity worth to you?

TT: I can PM Grant a link to a photo of you. How much is protecting your identity worth to you?
Even better scam!!!!

Grant - I can PM to you a photo of TT in either Nurse's Uniform or French Maid Outfit (tick your preference).

TT - I can keep my photos to myself!!!

The auction begins now!
:wink:

Twinkle Toes
23rd-May-2003, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham

And there was me saying what a lovely guy you were last night, handsome, charming, witty ..... and very loyal to one's friends.

.... especially those who dress up for you. :devil:

TT x

Twinkle Toes
23rd-May-2003, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John S
Even better scam!!!!
Grant - I can PM to you a photo of TT in either Nurse's Uniform or French Maid Outfit (tick your preference).

You're only offering those photo's so you can show off your suspenders again - just cos you look better than me in them. :wink:

TT - I can keep my photos to myself!!!

I know, I've seen the enlargements !!! But tell me, are you partial to sore knee caps.

..... and no point in auctioning the photo's, they'll only want a refund after they've seen them.

TT :hug:

Grant
25th-May-2003, 11:48 AM
Wellll, i think she looks a bit like the small blonde female copper in the Bill
Thanks DD, I think I know which one you mean but I can't think of anyone who looks like her.:confused:
Grant
PS. Graham and John S - thanks for the offers but I was asking for a clue, not the solution. :wink:

Dance Demon
25th-May-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks DD, I think I know which one you mean but I can't think of anyone who looks like her.:confused:
Grant

Yes Grant, but think of all the fun you are going to have looking for her.....dancing with all the girls that look remotely like a small blonde policewoman, and asking "Are you Twinkletoes?"...:wink:

Grant
25th-May-2003, 12:56 PM
think of all the fun you are going to have looking for her.....dancing with all the girls that look remotely like a small blonde policewoman
Free licence (see David and Chicklet - I can do a licence with a see) to dance with all of the small cute blonde women I can find...you're my kind of demon.:D :D
Grant
PS. Wonder if this has given TT any ideas for her next fancy dress outfit.:waycool: :yum: :wink: