PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Central

stewart38
31st-October-2006, 01:53 PM
lets get this right

I want to find out if Luton ceroc are doing anything tonight given the date

I now have to registar to access the site ?? I cant out anything about events :sick:
-------------------

Ceroc is the original, largest and fastest growing modern partner dance organisation in the UK. More than 650,000 people will attend a Ceroc night this year in approximately 120 locations per week across the UK. Ceroc Central is the largest Ceroc business in the UK with seventeen exciting venues throughout Central England giving twenty four Ceroc nights every week! We hold freestyles, workshops and special events. Use the menu above to find out more and don't forget to register. Only registered users have access to special areas of this website.
-----------------------------------

SnowWhite
31st-October-2006, 02:14 PM
As far as I know, people have been asked to dress in Halloween type costumes...

Any help? :nice:

David Bailey
31st-October-2006, 02:52 PM
lets get this right

I want to find out if Luton ceroc are doing anything tonight given the date

I now have to registar to access the site ?? I cant out anything about events :sick:
That's because it's complete junk - to quote The Man With The Un-Tucked T-shirt:

It's nice to Ceroc Central have changed their website from a complete waste of server space....

to a slightly easier on the eye, total waste of server space.

It's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
Although they've clearly paid someone a lot of money to revamp it visually, the information architecture is.... Well... I can't describe it without swearing, so let's just call it a Steaming Pile Of Utter Dross and leave it at that.

So, at least it's consistent in quality with most Ceroc franchisee sites now.

stewart38
31st-October-2006, 03:36 PM
That's because it's complete junk - to quote The Man With The Un-Tucked T-shirt:

Although they've clearly paid someone a lot of money to revamp it visually, the information architecture is.... Well... I can't describe it without swearing, so let's just call it a Steaming Pile Of Utter Dross and leave it at that.

So, at least it's consistent in quality with most Ceroc franchisee sites now.

Seems most are now :sad:

tsh
31st-October-2006, 03:38 PM
The last email I got from them was titled 'Urgent Meaasge for Sean Houlihane' or something to that effect - when it turned out to be a reminder that they'd avertised something on the wrong date. I thought you only needed to register to use their forums though... which is odd, cause I should have used my hotmail address for that. (always do normally)

Sean

p.s. don't bother with the forum, it's terrible...

Yogi_Bear
31st-October-2006, 05:21 PM
What's going on with the new Ceroc Central web site?
What was wrong with the old one?
Now we get scrolling lists of venue changes, I can't find a page that simply gives me all the venues each night of the week, the calendar doesn't print one month on a sheet of A4......
You need to look at lots and lots of pages to find out anything much at all...
The Forum wouldn't let me log on, told me amy access had been blocked (OK, i may have got my password wrong, but really......) and the promised email to reset my password hasn't materialised.
Disillusioned - the old site was fine....:rolleyes:

David Bailey
1st-November-2006, 09:13 AM
From the "London Xmas" thread:

I've no idea about what makes a good website, but i have noticed that Ceroc Central do seem to get an awful lot of complaints about lack of advertising and easily accessible information. So please tell, what do you think they need to change about the new site?

OK, here's a brief list:

No registration. Putting obstacles in front of your potential target market to make it harder work for them? What dumbass ever thought that was a sensible idea?
No forum. The world has enough MJ forums and it just wastes space.
No Flash on front page. Or anywhere, ideally. And no Flash navigation, definitely, because it doesn't work on all browser
No scrolling news page thingy, it's just a waste of space.

I could go into the reasons why, but that'd take longer than I can be bothered with at the moment.

Lucy Locket
1st-November-2006, 10:00 AM
Rob played a good set last night @ Northampton. Just thought you'd like to know.:flower:

Emma & troupe did their thriller routine in costume, and very good it was too :clap:

Northants Girly
1st-November-2006, 10:51 AM
No scrolling news page thingy, it's just a waste of space..:yeah: and it's annoying :angry:

I could go into the reasons why, but that'd take longer than I can be bothered with at the moment. and why should we give Ceroc Central free advice? :rolleyes:

David Bailey
1st-November-2006, 11:00 AM
and why should we give Ceroc Central free advice? :rolleyes:
I'd happily provide my services if I thought they'd pay attention - if only to put it on the resume, assuming the end result was good of course.