PDA

View Full Version : Practice space

Paul F
30th-October-2006, 06:57 PM
Its got to the point now where I am spending the equivalent of the annual budget for a small country on hiring practice spaces e.g. halls, studios etc. for dance practice.

I had an idea to reduce costs. Ask if anyone wanted to share!

I need a LARGE, good quality space you see for the progression dances which comes in quite costly when you are hiring them for 2 or 3 hours a night.

Is there anyone out there who would be interested in sharing a practice space in or around the Surrey / Berkshire / West London area? Doesnt matter what you want to practice. I may even consider paying the lions share if you are only using a little area :flower:

Can you tell Im desperate yet? ;)

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 07:58 PM
Paul just a hint, if you find someone to share with. Make sure your clocks tally. :whistle: You don't want to turn up an hour late.:wink:

Paul F
30th-October-2006, 08:52 PM
Paul just a hint, if you find someone to share with. Make sure your clocks tally. :whistle: You don't want to turn up an hour late.:wink:

It cost me, what would be, 12p or so to find out the time on Sunday

Thanks Cru :wink:

:rofl:

David Bailey
30th-October-2006, 09:04 PM
Is there anyone out there who would be interested in sharing a practice space in or around the Surrey / Berkshire / West London area? Doesnt matter what you want to practice. I may even consider paying the lions share if you are only using a little area :flower:
There's a reasonable-sized room at my local gym (Ruislip) which I use, it's £15 / hour, and has mirrors at both ends.

The trouble is, I suspect you'd be wanting to practise Snooty WCS, and I want to practise Snooty Tango, so I'm not sure if two couples practising different dances is much good.

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 09:24 PM
I've got a great room that I can use. Got some mirrors, and a nice floor. We can share it for £1.75 an hour. Each. Might be out of your range though! :na:

Paul F
30th-October-2006, 11:04 PM
I've got a great room that I can use. Got some mirrors, and a nice floor. We can share it for £1.75 an hour. Each. Might be out of your range though! :na:

Dont think your bedroom will accommodate too many people :D Are those mirrors on the ceiling by any chance?

There's a reasonable-sized room at my local gym (Ruislip) which I use, it's £15 / hour, and has mirrors at both ends.

The trouble is, I suspect you'd be wanting to practise Snooty WCS, and I want to practise Snooty Tango, so I'm not sure if two couples practising different dances is much good.

*ahem* snooty ??? :grin:

No, not really. I dont get chance to do much WCS these days. Its ballroom/latin (with the emphasis on the ballroom) that I need to practice. The problem is that you generate so much movement you need a big floor.
I have a couple of studios which I use at a reasoable rate (£8 p/h) but I want a HUGE hall :D

TheTramp
31st-October-2006, 01:14 AM
Dont think your bedroom will accommodate too many people :D Are those mirrors on the ceiling by any chance?

Haha. You think it's funny. I still like the huge hall I have for practising in at £3.50 an hour :flower:

Sheepman
1st-November-2006, 01:01 AM
I want a HUGE hall :D What do you call HUGE?

There is a local hall I used to share (with ballroom dancers) which was about £6 an hour, not much more floor space than Kent house, and only available for 1 afternoon a week...

Greg

WittyBird
1st-November-2006, 01:13 AM
What do you call HUGE?

You really need to ask that question, C'mon he's a bloke :rolleyes:

Cruella
1st-November-2006, 09:27 AM
You really need to ask that question, C'mon he's a bloke :rolleyes:

I guess it must be 3 x 3 then (inches)

David Franklin
3rd-November-2006, 12:39 AM
I need a LARGE, good quality space you see for the progression dances which comes in quite costly when you are hiring them for 2 or 3 hours a night. You could always build your own: http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news_features/home_and_garden_design/2004/oct2004/ballroom.shtml :drool: :drool: :drool:

Of course, you might need a lottery win first...

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2006, 01:46 AM
You could always build your own: http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news_features/home_and_garden_design/2004/oct2004/ballroom.shtml :drool: :drool: :drool:

Of course, you might need a lottery win first...Their very own 62' ballroom, and they only practice three days a week? That what I'd call a total lack of commitment!

Lory
3rd-November-2006, 08:18 AM
You could always build your own: http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news_features/home_and_garden_design/2004/oct2004/ballroom.shtml :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wow, that is beautiful :drool:

I wouldn't fancy getting my teeth done by him though :really:

Paul F
3rd-November-2006, 12:43 PM

I went to B&Q to see if they had any nails in stock but, alas, they were all out. Thats kind of soured me on the whole idea now. One project setback too many. My huge ballroom will have to be put on hold. :nice:

Sheepman
3rd-November-2006, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't fancy getting my teeth done by him though :really: Have I missed something here? :confused:

Greg

Lory
3rd-November-2006, 01:16 PM
Have I missed something here? :confused:

It says in the article, that he's a dentist. I'd imagine his prices are pretty steep, judging by his house :wink:

Sheepman
3rd-November-2006, 02:31 PM
I'd imagine his prices are pretty steep, Fair enough, I was just searching to find a picture of his wife's teeth!

Greg

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-November-2006, 02:48 PM
It says in the article, that he's a dentist. I'd imagine his prices are pretty steep, judging by his house :wink:Or very busy. Americans are obsessed with dental work - have you ever met one with crooked teeth?

robd
3rd-November-2006, 09:18 PM
Or very busy. Americans are obsessed with dental work - have you ever met one with crooked teeth?

You can see a few here (http://www.mytrailerpark.com/)

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2006, 07:44 PM
You can see a few here (http://www.mytrailerpark.com/)"Oh yeah, This is my mom, she had her 15th kid, we sold the kid. she only keeps the ones with all 12 fingers." :eek: