PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday, Funky Lush and Travelodge Hotels

under par
30th-October-2006, 02:52 PM
Best news for me is that
The Rythm & Dirty Blues Ball
night 27th January runs into my birthday so I will be spending my formative birthday hours with loads of my favourite people. Well Mrs Par will be there!!!

Will try and organise a cake but will have to pass on the candles as it may upset TWK's lighting

I am hoping that as many of you as possible can come along to the next Funky Lush which is going to be at Hatfield in Herts on 27th Jan the day before my birthday.

If any of you are thinking of travelling from any distance at all can I suggest you get onto the Travelodge website and get yourself a hotel room for £26

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_search/results.php?search_type=4&search=Hatfield%2C%20Herts&id=11467

shows that you can get a room in centre of Hatfield:cheers:

If you book early with Funky lush the tickets are cheaper too.

It would be lovely to have a Birthday bash with as many of you as possible.:cheers: :cheers:

Under Par

fletch
30th-October-2006, 03:03 PM
Sounds good to UP :cheers:

We will need a few bodies to give you the bumps :na:

:flower:

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 03:34 PM
I hope to be there. Although I haven't a clue where Hatfield is :whistle: I think a few people will be missing though, as they will be in France doing some WCS.

Chef
30th-October-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry that we won't be able to come along to your birthday bash (or the next funkylush) as Commis Chef and I will be in Paris for the West Coast Swing weekend (we need all the tutition, help and practice) that we can get.

The travelodge hotels occassionally make travelling away to things bearable especially when there are workshops that we want to go to on both the saturday and the sunday and a dance on the saturday evening. Last weekend we were able to do Cat and Lees cha cha worskshop in Twickenham on saturday, get to Funkylush in the evening, and do the Jango workshop and T-dance in Putney and only a reasonably priced hotel made it all possible.

under par
30th-October-2006, 04:42 PM
I hope to be there. Although I haven't a clue where Hatfield is :whistle: I think a few people will be missing though, as they will be in France doing some WCS.

it s in Herts near St Albans I think..... so much closer for you to travel to:wink:

Lory
30th-October-2006, 04:44 PM
it s in Herts near St Albans I think..... so much closer for you to travel to:wink:

Only 20mins from me :clap:

fletch
30th-October-2006, 04:44 PM

easy life, just 3 hrs for me then :really:

:clap:

fletch
30th-October-2006, 04:48 PM
Sorry that we won't be able to come along to your birthday bash (or the next funkylush) as Commis Chef.

The travelodge hotels occassionally make travelling away to things bearable .

We will miss yo both :flower:

psssst ! I know someone who lives in Hemmel :wink:

S38:whistle:

WittyBird
30th-October-2006, 04:51 PM

It's in Hatfield which is just up the A1 :D oooh 15 mins if that from me :clap:
There is a travel lodge at SouthMimms Services Junc23 M25 You can get on the A1 from SouthMimms :D

Or I'm sure there will be a travel lodge in Hatfield itself.

Chef
30th-October-2006, 05:04 PM
psssst ! I know someone who lives in Hemmel :wink:

aah bless. Nobody told you that life would be a bed of roses.

fletch
30th-October-2006, 05:26 PM
There is a travel lodge at SouthMimms Services Junc23 M25 You can get on the A1 from SouthMimms :D

or I could stop at Witty lodge :hug:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah. I actually stopped and considered coming down for your birthday Paul, and then realised that I'll be in Paris that weekend.

I'll save my birthday dance for Southport the following weekend. For some reason, I'm assuming that you're going! :whistle:

Genie
30th-October-2006, 05:41 PM
I know some people who live in Hatfield too. Unfortunately I'm not one of them :what:

Why is everything so... South?!

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:48 PM
I lived in Hatfield for a year when I was 18. I really don't think that you're missing anything much!

David Bailey
30th-October-2006, 05:50 PM
I lived in Hatfield for a year when I was 18. I really don't think that you're missing anything much!
:yeah: It's a dump. Only go there for the Galleria.

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:53 PM
:yeah: It's a dump. Only go there for the Galleria.

When I was there, it wasn't even built! :tears:

Of course, now you'll be going for Funky Lush. They have cake. And wristbands. Probably!

WittyBird
30th-October-2006, 05:55 PM
or I could stop at Witty lodge :hug:

You normally do don't you! Goes without saying babes :D

under par
30th-October-2006, 06:04 PM
It's in Hatfield which is just up the A1 :D oooh 15 mins if that from me :clap:

Or I'm sure there will be a travel lodge in Hatfield itself.

My thread starting post has a direct link to the £26 Hatfield travelodge...

Don't dally:whistle:

under par
30th-October-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll save my birthday dance for Southport the following weekend. For some reason, I'm assuming that you're going! :whistle:

Well I'm still considering my options for 1st weekend in February :whistle: :whistle:

Okay I've considered it ......I'll see you for my dance at Southport Trampy:cheers:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 06:11 PM
Okay I've considered it ......I'll see you for my dance at Southport Trampy:cheers:

Now. There's a surprise! :whistle:

Minnie M
30th-October-2006, 08:34 PM
easy life, just 3 hrs for me then

It's over 2hours minimum from Brighton :eek: providing no accidents or roadworks on the M25

Have made the journey a few times going to Joseph & Trisha's events and on a couple of ocassions it has taken over FOUR hours :eek: :eek:

If travelling from the south, it might be easier to go Dartford way rather than the Heathrow direction - the M25 is usually better in that way round :really:

David Bailey
30th-October-2006, 09:12 PM
Of course, now you'll be going for Funky Lush. They have cake. And wristbands. Probably!
No, they have cards.
Seriously.
I kid you not (http://www.jango.co.uk/aboutjango.htm).

WittyBird
30th-October-2006, 09:14 PM
No, they have cards.
Seriously.

Err I kid you not but Funky Lush isn't part of Jango. :na:

under par
30th-October-2006, 10:33 PM
No, they have cards.
Seriously.

I thought you were so well informed DJ.......... your halo has slipped:blush:

David Bailey
31st-October-2006, 09:12 AM
Err I kid you not but Funky Lush isn't part of Jango. :na:
Ah, it's all part of the cake-eating mafia, they're Connected you know.

Sheepman
31st-October-2006, 10:16 PM
Ah, it's all part of the cake-eating mafia, Actually I think you'll find at Funky Lush it's less cake, and more sushi.
(Except at a tea dance, but then you knew that :whistle: )

Greg

under par
3rd-November-2006, 10:21 AM
It's over 2hours minimum from Brighton :eek: providing no accidents or roadworks on the M25

Have made the journey a few times going to Joseph & Trisha's events and on a couple of ocassions it has taken over FOUR hours :eek: :eek:

If travelling from the south, it might be easier to go Dartford way rather than the Heathrow direction - the M25 is usually better in that way round :really:

Minnie why don't you get a travelodge room too join Mrs Par and I for some drinks after?:cheers:

Georgious dancer
3rd-November-2006, 05:19 PM
Mr Par's Birthday, Funky Lush and Travelodges - I do love it when someone else does all the thinking!:clap: Now where did I put my credit card!:confused:

Sounds like a plan - providing I have the appropriate funds, I would love to celebrate your birthday with you!