PDA

View Full Version : Perth - November 23rd. SteveB's leaving party!

SteveB
27th-October-2006, 08:09 PM
Dear all, may i take this opportunity to invite you to my leaving party on November 23 in Perth. It is my final day up in Scotland before i leave permanently for England (Staffordshire). I have thoroughly enjoyed my time demoing for Ceroc and in Particular Lorna, i have many great memories of dancing up here and would wish you to all come along so that i can say my final goodbyes and thank you's to so so many people.

My time up here has been just the best, you have all been so welcoming and kind, i have had such great fun and a lot of pleasure from dancing with the ladies and have made many wonderful friends also, you are the one's i shall sorely miss when i depart.

May i take this opportunity to thank a few very special people up here. Please bear with me! I have to say these thank you's!

To Lorna, my teacher and wonderful friend, whom i have demonstrated with for about two years now, it has been my absolute pleasure demoing for you and helping you to teach various workshops, but most of all i shall miss our friendship, bond and rapport that we have built in our partnership on stage and off it. It is you Lorna that has helped me most to progress to the dancer i am now and it is you whom i look up to most in the dance scene in Scotland. I admire and trust you and i shall miss you a great deal.

To Elaine, Lisa and Mairi, thank you for the opportunities to demonstrate for you also and many thanks to Elaine for being my first teacher and doing so much to help me along, Lisa for some great laughs and workshops we taught together and the firm friendship we now have, Mairi for being the first person i demo'd for! Many thanks for introducing me in Perth, i owe you one!

Linz, for competing with me in the Open this year at Britrock...and for the other opportunities that you have opened up for me, thank you mate. I really appreciate it :hug:

To Franck and Sheena, for all of the good times past, Sheena for competing with me in various events, Franck for the opportunity to demo for your company. Many thanks to you both for the early years, your kindness and generosity over those times and the fun we had.

To the following ladies that i know very well at dancing - Shona, Gail, Paula, Izzy, Denise, Emma, Linz, MelB, Cheeks, Aleks, Yvonne, Karen and Luca good luck in all that you do. You have all been so kind to me. I shall never forget it.

To Melanie and James, good luck in your future marriage and i am honoured to be your best man, can't wait mate! :cheers:

Thank you to you all, all of you for making my time up here so special.

May i take this opportunity again to invite you all on the 23 November, i would love to see you all there.

Thank you for everything.

Wishing all of you success and happiness.

Steve...x

Aleks
28th-October-2006, 11:39 AM
To the following ladies that i know very well at dancing - Shona, Gail, Paula, Izzy, Denise, Emma, Linz, MelB, Cheeks, Aleks, Yvonne, Karen and Luca good luck in all that you do. You have all been so kind to me. I shall never forget it.

:what: :what: :what:

I'll miss you lots too. I will keep sending the 'Tuesday' hugs!
:love: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :love:

SteveB
28th-October-2006, 02:09 PM
:what: :what: :what:

I'll miss you lots too. I will keep sending the 'Tuesday' hugs!
:love: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :love:

Thanks Aleks, i will do the same!

As for Luca, yep, i should have changed that bit and added an extra sentence! :rofl:

Tons of hugs to you too!!! :love: :hug: :love:

Lorna
28th-October-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I am not one for luvviness!! as you know so will keep this brief. :kiss:

Thank you very much for your dedication and hard work and I shall miss you very very much, both on and off the dance floor. :hug:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

SteveB
28th-October-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I am not one for luvviness!! as you know so will keep this brief. :kiss:

Thank you very much for your dedication and hard work and I shall miss you very very much, both on and off the dance floor. :hug:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Neither am i Lorna, all the same, i just wanted to thank you...

See you soon.....don't forget the choccie cake on Friday.......:drool:

Steve...x

Piglet
30th-October-2006, 09:19 AM
Steve! Sorry to see you go. Shall try to make it down to Perth for your leaving do. Thanks for sharing your first post in this thread - it was lovely to read.

All the best for your move back to Englandshire - haste ye back whenever you fancy! :hug:

cheeks
30th-October-2006, 11:28 AM

:awe: A true gentlemen.......kind, considerate, caring .......:drool:

I won't go on as may need to list the cheekiness,and more...............lol :devil:

Will miss you loads baby!...............speak soon

:hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Pauline.:flower: xxxx

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 11:46 AM
Don't worry Steve, the English girls will try and look after you as well as the Scottish girls have. It'll be difficult to compete, but we'll try our best. :D

Tiggerbabe
30th-October-2006, 12:06 PM
Sorry I'll miss your last night, Steve, but wishing you all the best for the future and hopefully we'll dance again soon.

Take care,
Sheena x

SteveB
30th-October-2006, 01:43 PM
Don't worry Steve, the English girls will try and look after you as well as the Scottish girls have. It'll be difficult to compete, but we'll try our best. :D

Thanks Di! I'll look forward to it :wink:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks Di! I'll look forward to it :wink:

You've not met Di, have you*! :whistle:

*Ok, I know that you probably have. But she was on her best behaviour on those occasions! :flower:

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 01:57 PM
You've not met Di, have you*! :whistle:

*Ok, I know that you probably have. But she was on her best behaviour on those occasions! :flower:

Oi! I'll have you know, he stayed at mine for the weekend. He's even seen me first thing in the morning! So he knows what to expect. :na:

Aleks
30th-October-2006, 02:08 PM
He's even seen me first thing in the morning!

Your husband must be a very generous and hospitable guy....to give another bloke the opportunity to see you FIRST thing...

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 02:11 PM
Your husband must be a very generous and hospitable guy....to give another bloke the opportunity to see you FIRST thing...

Probably doesn't see why he should have to suffer all the pain himself. Wants to share a little round! :flower:

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 02:50 PM
Probably doesn't see why he should have to suffer all the pain himself. Wants to share a little round! :flower:

You've suffered it too!! You survived!:na:

SteveB
30th-October-2006, 02:52 PM

:rofl: Di did a lovely brekkie!!! :wink: Very hospitable!!

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 03:41 PM
:rofl: Di did a lovely brekkie!!! :wink: Very hospitable!!

Before you say it Trampy. No, he doesn't mean it put him in hospital!! :na:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:40 PM

I've never stayed at yours. Or seen you first thing in the morning.

I have counted my blessings though :flower:

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 05:57 PM
I've never stayed at yours. Or seen you first thing in the morning.

I have counted my blessings though :flower:

No you've not stayed at mine, but you have seen me first thing in the morning! Trust me, i remember vividly seeing you first thing!!

(at Vonneys, with Jammy:whistle: )

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 05:58 PM
No you've not stayed at mine, but you have seen me first thing in the morning! Trust me, i remember vividly seeing you first thing!!

(at Vonneys, with Jammy)

Oh. Yes....

And to think that I'd spent all that time desperately trying to purge my memory of that thought....

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 05:59 PM
Are you a Slinky? :whistle: :rolleyes:

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 06:01 PM
Come again?? :confused:

Cruella
30th-October-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll resist the smutty comeback. :wink: Read my signature.

TheTramp
30th-October-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll resist the smutty comeback. :wink:

There's a first for everything!

I'll resist the smutty comeback. :wink: Read my signature.

Ah. I see. Ummm. Only very small stairs. With one stair. That's not very high.

SteveB
30th-October-2006, 11:58 PM
There's a first for everything!

Ah. I see. Ummm. Only very small stairs. With one stair. That's not very high.

Now, now you two nice people, i'll set up a thread for the banter if you want me too? :whistle:

Shona
31st-October-2006, 06:30 PM
Steven,
I will be very sorry to see you go back down south, you know your friendship means so much to me. :hug:
I can't make the 23rd, but I'll save you a dance for sometime soon... you owe me!!:wink:
Lots of love darlin', :love: xx

skippy
31st-October-2006, 08:59 PM
Steve
you know how I feel and a will let you know about Thurs but I will see you before that.:hug: :love:
xxxx

Lindsay
31st-October-2006, 09:41 PM
Will be there with bells on.... :cheers:
Pity you're leaving Jock-land :( , we'll miss ya! Thanks to you too for partnering me @ Britters! You're a good mate (that's your favourite word), & look forward to teaching our smooooth class @ Dance Fever!
All the best down South. . . Will def keep in touch :hug:

SteveB
31st-October-2006, 10:28 PM
Steven,
I will be very sorry to see you go back down south, you know your friendship means so much to me. :hug:
I can't make the 23rd, but I'll save you a dance for sometime soon... you owe me!!:wink:
Lots of love darlin', :love: xx

We'll keep it to ourselves what i owe you :whistle: :rofl:

I will miss you too Shona, enjoyed our meets and laughs, i know you can't make the 23rd, no problem, i'll see you before then hopefully darlin'...

Lots of Love...Steve...:love:

SteveB
31st-October-2006, 10:32 PM
Steve
you know how I feel and a will let you know about Thurs but I will see you before that.:hug: :love:
xxxx

Gail, no problems, i know you'll be there....look forward to seeing you lots! Thank you for being my first ever dance partner too! :love:

SteveB
31st-October-2006, 10:37 PM
Will be there with bells on.... :cheers:
Pity you're leaving Jock-land :( , we'll miss ya! Thanks to you too for partnering me @ Britters! You're a good mate (that's your favourite word), & look forward to teaching our smooooth class @ Dance Fever!
All the best down South. . . Will def keep in touch :hug:

Hey Linz, me too! Can't wait, thank you for everything matey...! Will be cool to see you there, although i am very sad to go from up here. Good luck with everything that you do, i wish you all the very best! Will miss our chats....

Take it easy.....:cheers: :hug: :kiss:

Cruella
31st-October-2006, 10:37 PM
Looking back over this thread, you're looking like quite a Gigolo, Steve!

SteveB
31st-October-2006, 10:43 PM
Looking back over this thread, you're looking like quite a Gigolo, Steve!

:rofl: Well, what can i say Di? I just try to please you gals?! It must work :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Maybe i'll carry on trying to be like one down in England.......:devil:

Cruella
31st-October-2006, 10:47 PM
You'll have some competition! :devil: :whistle:

SteveB
31st-October-2006, 11:01 PM
You'll have some competition! :devil: :whistle:

I can only do my best eh Di?! :whistle: :flower:

Anyway, i don't do competition, perhaps i'll go back into my shell after all this!

Lisa
1st-November-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Steve

Thanks for your warm and genuine friendship over the years. :cheers: I'll miss you! Hope to catch up with you in York/Harrogate/Doncaster/Derby when I'm visiting.

Are you still demoing in Aberdeen 22nd October? The guys here would love to see your smooth style here one more time and the ladies will be Qing for dances.

All the best with all you new adventures.

Lisa xx

PS You can shout loud and proud in the pubs when supporting your team instead of scaring my neighbours :na: :wink:

SteveB
1st-November-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Steve

Thanks for your warm and genuine friendship over the years. :cheers: I'll miss you! Hope to catch up with you in York/Harrogate/Doncaster/Derby when I'm visiting.

Are you still demoing in Aberdeen 22nd October? The guys here would love to see your smooth style here one more time and the ladies will be Qing for dances.

All the best with all you new adventures.

Lisa xx

PS You can shout loud and proud in the pubs when supporting your team instead of scaring my neighbours :na: :wink:

Hi Lisa, my absolute pleasure! We've had some fun eh?! I will miss you a lot.

I look forward to seeing you around the UK in venues and socially, i'll look forward to 22 NOVEMBER!

Lol yea, i can sing for the England teams to my hearts content when i am down there, i'll still miss the Scots a lot though and the friendly banter!

You take care and i'll see you soon!

Steven...:love:

Lisa
1st-November-2006, 11:26 AM
Trust me!!! :rofl: Looking forward to the 22nd November already.

Yes we've definitely had some great belly laughs you and I. :flower:

Lisa xx

SteveB
1st-November-2006, 11:33 AM
Trust me!!! :rofl: Looking forward to the 22nd November already.

Yes we've definitely had some great belly laughs you and I. :flower:

Lisa xx

Haven't we - especially when you wanted me to go to watch Scotland v England at rugby in an Aberdeen pub!!!!!:whistle: I'll never forget that! It's a good job we lost me thinks! :tears:

22nd will be cool Lisa! Looking forward to it!

Steve...x x

Lisa
1st-November-2006, 11:37 AM
All I'm going to say is WIGWAM..... you really ripped the ****

xxx

SteveB
1st-November-2006, 11:59 AM
All I'm going to say is WIGWAM..... you really ripped the ****

xxx

That was hilarious!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will NEVER forget that!!!!!! Ever! Absolutely brilliant!

Steve...x x

Tiger Pants
1st-November-2006, 04:31 PM
Meh God, what's all this then.........don't think I can take another 3 weeks of this without bawlin' (soft Sod). Anyway haven't been to Perth in ages and seems like a great excuse to go again so count me in.

Sure all the ladies will miss you but you know you can always come back to visit maybe you will even manage another weekender in Perth and I will be able to take your smoooooth class then. Sorry I'll miss you at Dance Fever but as I say maybe you can do it again sometime !

Good luck with the move down south hope all goes well remember you don't really suit that flash car anyway:whistle:

(Talk to you soon about the boring work stuff later)

Enjoy

Charlie

SteveB
1st-November-2006, 05:32 PM
Meh God, what's all this then.........don't think I can take another 3 weeks of this without bawlin' (soft Sod). Anyway haven't been to Perth in ages and seems like a great excuse to go again so count me in.

Sure all the ladies will miss you but you know you can always come back to visit maybe you will even manage another weekender in Perth and I will be able to take your smoooooth class then. Sorry I'll miss you at Dance Fever but as I say maybe you can do it again sometime !

Good luck with the move down south hope all goes well remember you don't really suit that flash car anyway:whistle:

(Talk to you soon about the boring work stuff later)

Enjoy

Charlie

Charlie, many thanks for your post! That "flash car" has been offloaded for a new pmobile! I think you should see it before i go and have your say!!! I'll bring it around when i come to chat about work stuff!!

Seriously now, many thanks Charlie, our friendship has always been a good one and i shall miss your quips (i.e Bonar Hall :whistle: ) and you're a good pal.

Anyway, I don't think they'll get rid of me that easily, hopefully i will be back up for the next dance fever (if Linz will have me) and we can get all smooth then mate :whistle:

Take good care and i'll see you soon!

Steve...:cheers:

SteveB
22nd-November-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi all, i hope to see all of you lovely Scots for the last time this Thursday at Perth!

Please come along so that i can say my goodbyes! :sad:

SteveB

TheTramp
22nd-November-2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah. Please come along. I've got lots of great music sorted. Some country & western, some rap, and plenty of thrash metal.

It should be great! :rolleyes:

SteveB
22nd-November-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah. Please come along. I've got lots of great music sorted. Some country & western, some rap, and plenty of thrash metal.

It should be great! :rolleyes:

Thanks Steve! I love thrash metal! Hehe...i'm sure you are looking forward to getting rid of me at long last...:whistle:

Lindsay
23rd-November-2006, 01:06 AM
Me n Isa def comin' from Edin Steve, hope there will be some good music! :cheers:

TheTramp
23rd-November-2006, 01:10 AM
Me n Isa def comin' from Edin Steve, hope there will be some good music! :cheers:

Nope. :flower:

Lindsay
24th-November-2006, 02:47 PM
Lovely night in Perth last night, a few tears shed, Lorna & co. had made a big effort to give 'im a nice send-off!
Lovely cake, dead posh engraved silver thing (what's it called?)
We'll miss you Steve --- good luck!!
:hug: :flower: :sad:

Lorna
24th-November-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah, great night. Fab music!! :flower:

Thank you to all who turned up to make it more special for him. He really appreciated it. I shall miss him very much, a good friend as well as a brilliant demo.

Good luck Steve. :kiss:

The silver thing is called a quaich. (not sure of the spelling).

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Dance Demon
24th-November-2006, 06:53 PM
The silver thing is called a quaich. (not sure of the spelling).

You got it right Lorna........( pronounced kwaich, with the ch as in loch )

skippy
25th-November-2006, 12:18 AM
Yes it was a great night, sad but I think I can say that we will all miss you Steve and that we all hope to see you soon next year!!!

cheeks
25th-November-2006, 12:36 AM
Yes it was a great night, sad but I think I can say that we will all miss you Steve and that we all hope to see you soon next year!!!

:yeah:

Was a great night. Lots of tears and hugs......a lot of mixed emotions from Steve I guess...... excited about the start of new ventures but sad to leave.....I think we would all agree he doesn't get rid of us that easy:whistle: ......a fab dancer:drool:, always entertaining whether teaching or demoing.......lol :wink: and a good friend to many:hug:.

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2006, 10:50 AM
Skippy sent me photos which I've now uploaded to the Photo Gallery. :D here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=506)

Lorna
25th-November-2006, 12:05 PM
Brilliant photos Gail!! :clap:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

SteveB
26th-November-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi all, many thanks for all of your kind comments.

I am missing you all a lot and finding one or two things hard, but alas, i'll get there.

Ceroc Scotland and in particular Lorna has been wonderful to me and i shall never forget it. Thank you all very much for the presents and cards and cake :drool: i will treasure them forever and really do appreciate it, i was overwhelmed. I am sorry it has taken me two days to reply but i've been moving loads of stuff around, nightmare!

It was emotional on the night and it still is, i could hardly get my words out but i just wanted to say how much i owe to Lorna for her dedication in teaching me, her friendship and for her kindness, i shall miss you lots matey.

To all of you who i adore dancing with and the friendships. I miss you all so much.

You have all been so welcoming and kind to me, i shall never forget it...thank you.

I have just found my nearest venues down here and have been invited to a dinner dance party on Saturday at Keith and Janey's venue, so at least i can still get a dance or two!

Having said all that though, hopefully i will see you all soon whether it be Blackpool or maybe Blaze.

Love to you all, thank you again for everything....take care of yourselves,

Steven...x