PDA

View Full Version : What's on this weekend 27/28/29 October?

Spin dryer
25th-October-2006, 09:27 PM
Aside from the Putney freakstyle, I can't seem to find anything for this weekend. Rumour has it that Roger Chin has an event on Friday in Ealing. Does anyone have details of that or other events? Thanks.

Feelingpink
25th-October-2006, 09:29 PM
It's JiveTime which has a masked ball, at which Roger Chin is DJing.

WittyBird
25th-October-2006, 09:32 PM
Friday Ealing Halloween Ball
Saturday Funky Lush
Sunday Tjive @ Putney
Sunday Evening - Berko

There sorted! :D

Spin dryer
25th-October-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks for that. Is the Halloween Ball normally a good event?

Trouble
25th-October-2006, 09:40 PM

if your there bound to be... spinning away like a little top.... !!!

Blimey Witty,, your like a walking calender.... !!!! great stuff.

Im back,, ya missed me i bet..xxx :whistle:

WittyBird
25th-October-2006, 11:12 PM

Yeah it's great :D You won't need a costume matey :rofl:

Blimey Witty,, your like a walking calender.... !!!! great stuff.

Im back,, ya missed me i bet..xxx :whistle:

I am a walking calender I need to keep others in check.... :cheers:
Missed ya? Not at all :whistle: :D

Miss Conduct
26th-October-2006, 09:47 AM
There's a thread running already about 'Halloween' on which people have posted about this coming weekend.

H (Humphrey) is teaching at Chesham on Friday 27th which is where I'll be!!!

straycat
26th-October-2006, 09:53 AM
Aside from the Putney freakstyle, I can't seem to find anything for this weekend. Rumour has it that Roger Chins has an event on Friday in Ealing. Does anyone have details of that or other events? Thanks.

Knutsford (http://revolutiondance.co.uk/pages/events.html)on Saturday.

OK - so that's probably a little further away than the area you had in mind, but it should be great :grin:

Donna
26th-October-2006, 11:03 AM
Knutsford (http://revolutiondance.co.uk/pages/events.html)on Saturday.

OK - so that's probably a little further away than the area you had in mind, but it should be great :grin:

Damn can't make it up that way this time. :sad: I'm at the chester freestyle instead.

robd
26th-October-2006, 11:08 AM
We need a poll - my clicking finger is restless.

I am definitely doing Funky Lush Saturday and Jango Sunday. Still undecided on Fri between Biggleswade (30 mins away) and Ealing (much further but hopefully lots of masked forumite ladies (every little helps:devil: )) Are masks obligatory at a Masked Ball?

Robert

Cruella
26th-October-2006, 12:39 PM
Are masks obligatory at a Masked Ball?
Robert

For you, they are always obligatory, if you don't have a paper bag handy. :whistle:
The website says, Masks Welcome.:D

Paulthetrainer
26th-October-2006, 02:20 PM
THere's a Halloween thingy on at Bromley on Saturday....dunno if I'll go though. Might be scary.:eek:

TheTramp
26th-October-2006, 02:24 PM
Still going to Inverness for the weekend :clap:

Sheepman
26th-October-2006, 02:54 PM
Friday Ealing Halloween Ball
Saturday Funky Lush
Sunday Tjive @ Putney
Sunday Evening - Berko

Ahem, what about Monday? Isn't that still part of the weekend, or is that just me? :what:

Feelingpink
26th-October-2006, 03:06 PM
THere's a Halloween thingy on at Bromley on Saturday....dunno if I'll go though. Might be scary.:eek:What's scary - Bromley or Halloween? Last time I went (about a year ago), introducing a friend to MJ in her area, we were both pretty lucky not to get decapitated by aerials. :what:

straycat
26th-October-2006, 03:25 PM
Damn can't make it up that way this time. :sad: I'm at the chester freestyle instead.

:(

Actually, I'd better make the most of it, as it'll be my second last freestyle before I get my long-awaited hernia operation :eek:

Long compulsory time-out after that :tears:

WittyBird
26th-October-2006, 04:51 PM
Ahem, what about Monday? Isn't that still part of the weekend, or is that just me? :what:

Sorry Greg.

Then there's Monday Meltdown on Monday of course. I do Believe a certain farm dwelling animal is the resident DJ there with a special guest spot from a certain long haired Scot.:clap:

How's that? Better? Good :whistle:

ducasi
26th-October-2006, 05:01 PM
There's only one place to be this weekend, and that's wherever Freya and Fi are!

(Unfortunately I won't be able to achieve this, so I'm going to hide my head in shame all weekend at home. :o)

littlewiggle
26th-October-2006, 10:21 PM
Biggleswade on Friday and Pulse's 2nd Birthday Party at Bulwell on Saturday - Dress to Impress!

Groovemeister
27th-October-2006, 08:41 AM
We need a poll - my clicking finger is restless.

I am definitely doing Funky Lush Saturday and Jango Sunday. Still undecided on Fri between Biggleswade (30 mins away) and Ealing

Robert

Rob you will have to let me know if your traveling further afield at weekends I am sure there could be some car sharing arranged.

For me this weekend it's Biggleswade on friday and then Kettering on Saturday.

Donna
27th-October-2006, 11:26 AM

Actually, I'd better make the most of it, as it'll be my second last freestyle before I get my long-awaited hernia operation :eek:

omg sorry to hear about that. Have sympathy rep. :flower: I'll try and catch for a boogie sometime after then. :hug:

Cruella
27th-October-2006, 11:42 AM
I get my long-awaited hernia operation :eek:

Oh, that explains that lump i felt last time we danced. :whistle:

RoyBoy
27th-October-2006, 05:22 PM

Is this a ticket only event? If so, can you pass on information on the location and who to contact to purchase said ticket.

Keith
27th-October-2006, 07:09 PM
Just to let you know the Revolution Sat Dance (tomorrow) has sold out :tears:
Just wanted to stop people travelling and being turned away :sad:
Have a great weekend & don't forget Chester is still on and a fab night guaranteed :respect:
Keith

jiveknight
27th-October-2006, 07:29 PM
Aside from the Putney freakstyle, I can't seem to find anything for this weekend. Rumour has it that Roger Chin has an event on Friday in Ealing. Does anyone have details of that or other events? Thanks.

Essex Hepcat's Hop, BAE Club (formerly Marconi club), near Basildon. 7.30 - 12.00 :grin:

WittyBird
28th-October-2006, 05:48 AM
Ealing Halloween Ball

All in all I had an unexpected good night. Started off my evening with drinks and laughs @ a secret venue close to the Town Hall, with secret people. (ok yes I was on my own!)

I can't say I had a bad dance all night, luckily with the help of a few I managed to avoid the corpse. :whistle:

Thank you to all these people who I danced with (in no particular order)..
JiveP, Spicey, SF, RobD, MikeyR, Taz, DirtyD, Dynamo, SpinDryer, ESG, Tessalicious, CJ, SimonR & Trousers.:worthy: :cheers:

Really Lovely to see ClaireS, Freya & Princess Fi in civilisation :D

Hope Cruella is feeling better,she had a bad night with ailments :hug:
Lovely to see Georgious Dancer - seems like ages babes :hug:
As far as I can tell after introducing Trouble to the Rabble she managed to keep out of mischief :rofl:

(SF :respect: )

Nicole, I'm still waiting for this gorgeous bloke and a pint of lager :rolleyes:

Thanks to Limpy Tink for our Chat :wink:
Puddytat, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile :wink: :rofl:

Big Thanks to the biggest hearted female of them all :awe: :respect: Love ya Fletch :worthy:

Sorry to anyone I missed dancing with, you had a lucky escape :whistle:

Before anybody else asks me No they're not hair extensions it's all mine !!!

Thank you to all for a fantastic night :cheers: :clap:
Roll on Funky Lush :clap: :clap: :clap:

straycat
28th-October-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh, that explains that lump i felt last time we danced. :whistle:

You should be more careful where you stick your fingers.... and you a married woman, too... :whistle:

Dynamo
28th-October-2006, 11:13 AM

You might be surprised :what: , had 3 together 15 years ago :eek: , but nowadays they keyhole :nice: to put a mesh in. Could be doing gentle blues in 3-4 weeks. :grin:

Best of luck, hope to see you out on the floor soon. :clap: :clap:

Lets hope your last dance eve is a really good one.
Ealing was certainly good, even if Roger was not quite his excellent self sometimes, must have been all those Goulies out there :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
28th-October-2006, 11:48 AM
What a good night :grin:

Although it wasn't as busy as it normally is at Ealing, I still had a fab night :clap: Thanks to everyone for the dances :clap: Far too many to mention.

It was great to see and catch up with Mr Mcgregor :hug: don't leave it soo long next time.

Spin Dryer :rofl: I :rofl: am :rofl: Soo :rofl: sorry :rofl:
I didn't mean to PMSL when you went flying accross the room :innocent: We will work on them spins next time babes :hug:

Witty :hug: I think I had my best lead dance with you last night, it was soo much fun :clap:

Didn't realise Trouble was there :sad: will catch you next time babes.

Bad points

- Someone nicked my drink :mad: Which I come to expect when I drink bottles of water as there are generally lots of bottles on the table....
But, it was a pint of Tropical juice (which I had 1 mouthfull of, so had black lipstick on the rim) and was the only bugger at my table drinking it :mad:

- Not getting in the zone when I first got there, hate it when that happens :rolleyes:

- Think thats about it for bad point :clap:

Trouble
28th-October-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah i had a great night....split me tights laughing at Spin Dryer on his ass,, was going to ask for a nice dance with ya Taz but went off it somewhat after that but i must say, it was hysterical.. wish i had filmed it could have earnt 200 quid on you've been framed.:D :rofl: :D

I also had the pleasure of groping Fletch's boobies and i must say Witty,, your right,, they are hot. :D

Had a fantastic couple of dances, didn't get the opportunity to talk to the guy in the tatty shirt about being smelly as he didn't ask me for a dance so it was not my problem.... was hoping to watch how you guys dealt with it.....needless to say,, nobody did. :whistle:

Cruella love the hair.....

Didn't get a chance to dance with most of the forumites yet but will be chasing them all down one by one. xxx

Witty, thanks for intro's.....your such a little love xxx :hug:

Trouble
28th-October-2006, 02:54 PM
forgot to attach pic,,,, see, we made the effort.. me and double trouble.

and forgot to mention David.....wot a little mover,,!!! sorry about ya foot :whistle:

FirstMove
28th-October-2006, 05:08 PM
Essex Hepcat's Hop, BAE Club (formerly Marconi club), near Basildon. 7.30 - 12.00 :grin:

Hmm. I'm visiting my parents in Basildon right now. Shall I dance or make polite conversation?

*Books Taxi :blush: :clap:

Trouble
28th-October-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmm. I'm visiting my parents in Basildon right now. Shall I dance or make polite conversation?

*Books Taxi :blush: :clap:

awwww poor ma and pa :sad:

Georgious dancer
28th-October-2006, 07:58 PM
I had a fantastic evening at Ealing! Thank you to everyone I danced with.:clap:

Just one request - has anyone got a picture of Spice 'n' easy in those horns/ears!:rofl:

WittyBird
29th-October-2006, 03:29 AM
Funky Lush

The Last ever Funky Lush @ Burnham

I had a great night..... Had some fantastic dances and only 1 that was p1ss poor.

Gotta say Thank you to the fabulous Lisa Vivo who unfortunately isn't on the forum but should be as a credit she is.

She is someone who seems to have so much patience and time for us WCS beginners, I haven't known many people that will take the time out of her own dancing to help as much as she does. She is always so calm and explains things in a way that doesn't make you feel like a complete Tw@t but gives you confidence to carry own :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: As a lead she adapts her style to make you feel worthy and confident. You Go Girl :respect:

Thank you to the peeps I danced with for all the fabulous dances I had :drool:

But............................................... .....(heres the good bit :yum: )

From 27th January 2007 they are moving to a new venue that is bigger and better!!!!

The Rythm & Dirty Blues Ball
For lovers of Latin, Blues, WCS, R&B & Soul
8PM until 1am

Will post all details soon, but it's at a Social club in Hatfield :clap: Yay up the A1 from me :clap: :worthy: Fanks TWK :cool:

fletch
29th-October-2006, 09:41 AM
[SIZE="6"]

Started off my evening with drinks and laughs @ a secret venue close to the Town Hall, with secret people. (ok yes I was on my own!)

Big Thanks to the biggest hearted female of them all :awe: :respect: Love ya Fletch :worthy:

:

Ho! so where was I then :confused: :wink:

Your welcome babes. :hug:

I had a FAB night and some wonderful dances.:clap:

I ended up been Paul Harris charity dance, I was cr&p sorry Paul.:blush:

Met Trouble for the first time, we might have got off on the wrong foot, you seem like good fun, :D I seen you dancing with the corpse :respect:

The night was rounded off with Ian the DJ form Berko turning up, we had loads of dances, and this is someone who I feel really bring my dancing on,:worthy: it was a lovely end to a fab night. :cheers:

Trouble
29th-October-2006, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=fletch;298980]Ho! so where was I then :confused: :wink:

Met Trouble for the first time, we might have got off on the wrong foot, you seem like good fun, :D I seen you dancing with the corpse :respect:

ya see, i told ya i was nice.....dont think it was so much wrong foot but wrong armpit...xxx :respect: im sure we can dig each other and lifes too short to take things seriously... and again,, LOVE YA TITS.

poor man,,, strange he must be on the forum as he had perfected the stalk and grab method,, he managed to do it to me 3 times.... :what:

XX

under par
29th-October-2006, 02:35 PM
Funky Lush

The Last ever Funky Lush @ Burnham

I had a great night.....
Thank you to the peeps I danced with for all the fabulous dances I had :drool:

But............................................... .....(heres the good bit :yum: )

From 27th January 2007 they are moving to a new venue that is bigger and better!!!!

The Rythm & Dirty Blues Ball
For lovers of Latin, Blues, WCS, R&B & Soul
8PM until 1am

Will post all details soon, but it's at a Social club in Hatfield :clap: Yay up the A1 from me :clap: :worthy: Fanks TWK :cool:

Mrs Par and I had a really good night at the last Burnham Funky Lush:respect: to TWK for a great set encompassing all the styles without alienating any of the dancers (except the "clubbers"!!! Where was the night club mix??:innocent: )

Loads of really great dancers for everyone to dance with:clap: :clap:

Best news for me is that
The Rythm & Dirty Blues Ballnight 27th January runs into my birthday:yeah: :yeah: so I will be spending my formative birthday hours with loads of my favourite people.:worthy: :worthy: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Well Mrs Par will be there!!!

Will try and organise a cake :cheers: but will have to pass on the candles as it may upset TWK's lighting:wink:

Great evening last night Toby... keep up the good work:worthy:

under par
29th-October-2006, 02:43 PM
I forgot to mention the appearance of Scotlands finest at Funky Lush... what a pleasure to see ClaireS, CerocJock, Princess Fi and Freya so far south of the border.. thanks for all the dances :hug: :hug: :hug:

see again soon:hug: :flower:

jacksondonut
29th-October-2006, 03:32 PM
I forgot to mention the appearance of Scotlands finest at Funky Lush... what a pleasure to see ClaireS, CerocJock, Princess Fi and Freya so far south of the border.. thanks for all the dances :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ditto...:clap: :flower: :clap: :yeah:

I Had a lovely time.. unfortunately got there very late..:tears: Guess who got lost...:whistle: Was a bit foot-sore, but enjoyed my dances very much.. thanks to you all..:flower:

Thank you WB, for a nice comfy bed last night, :flower: :flower: and to Lory, for that late cup of coffee which I really needed to keep me going.. ! :hug:

Hope you all enjoy your afternoon T-Jive.. :yeah:

SuzyQ
29th-October-2006, 05:10 PM
Funky Lush was the funkiest lushest Funky Lush ever!
I had a brilliant night :grin:. Thank you to everyone I had a dance with:worthy:!

straycat
29th-October-2006, 05:31 PM
Knutsford was as fantastic as ever. Lovely dancers, lovely people, great music... what more does one need?

fletch
29th-October-2006, 05:39 PM
poor man,,, strange he must be on the forum as he had perfected the stalk and grab method,, he managed to do it to me 3 times.... :what:

XX

3 times, i don't even do 3 times :sick:

:worthy:

David Bailey
29th-October-2006, 06:15 PM
I was snatched and grabbed by the wristband-wearing one on Friday - I got my revenge by doing a Tango, which was only mildly marred at the end when asked "So what dancing was that then?" :tears:

Trouble
29th-October-2006, 06:25 PM
I was snatched and grabbed by the wristband-wearing one on Friday - I got my revenge by doing a Tango, which was only mildly marred at the end when asked "So what dancing was that then?" :tears:

lol that had no reflection on you darlin,, that had a reflection on my never having done Tango before....NEVER..... you did get your own back tho,,,, but if thats what you call getting ya own back you can come and get me back when ever you want... dont know about you but i enjoyed the revenge. :whistle: :D

Dizzy
29th-October-2006, 06:36 PM
What a fantastic night I had a Funky Lush I had!!

After standing all day in Covent Garden giving hugs, I was quite tired and arriving late didn't help but I get on the mood as soon as I got there :clap:

Great set Toby :worthy: :flower:

It was lovely to see so many people there that I have been away for a while and some from Scotland :hug:

It was also great to meet and dance with people who made their first trip to Funky Lush. There were a group of dancers from Fleet including Adam and Taz as well as some from Southampton.

Hope that the next one is just as good :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
29th-October-2006, 09:30 PM
Had a fab weekend in Inverness. Nice to see a load of the Invernessians again. And thanks to Firefly, The Passion Harem, and Shiny Wee Star (on the way back) for being such pleasant travelling companions, and such fun at 4:30am on a Saturday morning (along with Nessiemonster).

Another fun weekend of dancing. Just a shame that I've now got to get on with the essay I should have been writing over the weekend :tears:

foxylady
29th-October-2006, 11:20 PM
One of my best Funky Lush nights ever !!

Excellent choons from TWK the man...

A really wonderful choice of men to dance with, including the luscious Billco....
So many wonderful dances, and my only regret is that the evening hadn't gone on longer so that I could have had some more....

and the floor was lovely and smooth and spinn-y... the last time I had ventured to Burnham it had been beer-y and sticky...

Roll on the next Funky Lush production

Andreas
30th-October-2006, 01:46 PM
I had a great time at Putney, yes, I have been there! :yum: Great music and great people to dance with. Thanks for all the lovely dances, you lovely ladies! :hug: :kiss: And thanks to MsFab for putting up with my very juvenile state of WCS. In fact, I think she enjoys pain. :na:

"So what dancing was that then?" :tears:
I wouldn't worry about that, David. I get semi-regularly asked what dance I'd be doing when dancing Ceroc/MJ. It must be the others, no doubt. :D :whistle:

robd
30th-October-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow, what a good weekend's dancing.

I finally opted for Ealing on Friday and I had a good time. Not the busiest of nights and I liked some of the music more than other parts but I enjoyed it. Danced with Trouble but I am not sure she'll know who I am :D

Ballroom class on Saturday - the waltz feels so nice, even on the most basic of patterns. Quickstep was fun, didn't particularly like Samba and I bailed on the Jive :blush: then on to Funky Lush. What a good night this was tho the hall was FREEZING on arrival :brrr: Good, busy night with people I knew and who were new in equal measures. Great music from Toby though I was starting to think a ten gallon hat might be needed at one point :rolleyes: I even managed a ChaCha (of sorts) with ZW :clap: Big thanks to Almost an Angel for overnight accomodation and to Suzy Q for making me blush so much on the dancefloor :blush: I hope the move to Hatfield in the new year is well supported (I seem to recall there were doubts about how popular Burnham would be when it first went there)

Jango Sunday saw a packed workshop and, as ever, an interesting and challenging mix of technique and style. Foot sweeps were the theme of the day so order that ankle padding now followers! It was much like the previous month in that the mechanics of the different moves taught seemed relatively simple to pick up but actually performing it seamlessly and stylishly is much more difficult and will take a significant amount of time. Tea Jive was equally busy with some excellent tunes from Greg and venue, though hot, not as stiflingly so as last month.

Rob

Trouble
30th-October-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, what a good weekend's dancing.

I finally opted for Ealing on Friday and I had a good time. Not the busiest of nights and I liked some of the music more than other parts but I enjoyed it. Danced with Trouble but I am not sure she'll know who I am :D

Rob

blimey Rob,, what you should have said was danced with trouble - FANTASTIC. ------ and your right,,, dont know who you were,, thats horrible, your the second person to tell me they danced with me and i dont recall them... thats what happens when pics not available you see. xxx :D

Trouble
30th-October-2006, 04:15 PM
blimey Rob,, thats what happens when pics not available you see. xxx :D

apologies, you do have a pic and i do remember dancing with you.... lovely it was too xxxx

Lory
30th-October-2006, 04:41 PM
and to Lory, for that late cup of coffee which I really needed to keep me going.. ! :hug:

My pleasure :flower:

I hope you also enjoyed your brief lesson on 'London driving,' :wink: sorry hun, I didn't realised I was going fast :blush: anyway, you kept up well :hug:

SuzyQ
2nd-November-2006, 12:20 AM
Big thanks to Almost an Angel for overnight accomodation and to Suzy Q for making me blush so much on the dancefloor :blush: Rob

The pleasure was all mine :grin: