PDA

View Full Version : Inane ramblings and Accountants jokes

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Graham
It is often the case that I often don't really understand you completely - often because your sentence structure is often questionable. :wink: :devil:

:tears: :tears: :tears:
Are you Heather in disguise,
Are you Heather, are you Heather...
:na: :na: :na:

Jayne
14th-May-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
:tears: :tears: :tears:
Are you Heather, are you Heather...
:na: :na: :na:

tee hee hee I'm glad someone else commented on your English/Scottish. And there was you criticising me.... *sigh*

J :rolleyes:

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
And there was you criticising me.... *sigh*I'm not even going to think about passing comment on this one.... :D

Steve

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
C'mon. He's an accountant. What do you expect??

Guys, guys, guys,

Throw me a frickin' bone.

Attack from all sides:tears:

And while I ain't too hot at English I'm significantly better with figures:devil:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:04 PM
C'mon. He's an accountant. What do you expect??

Steve

Oooh, careful.
You ruffle one you may ruffle all.
United we stand and pinstripe suits been known to conceal all kinds of dangerous impliments....
:eek:

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 01:06 PM
There were 3 guys discussing the relative merits of having a mistress over having a wife.

The artist said that it would always have to be a mistress for the excitement, and fun.

The lawyer said that it would always have to be a wife, for the steady homelife.

The accoutant said that it would always have to be both a wife and a mistress.

When the other two looked at him askance, he explained that if you have both, the wife will think that you're with the mistress, the mistress will think that you're with the wife.....

And you can be down the office, getting on with some lovely work!! :D

Steve

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:06 PM
Wahey, a fellow bean counter to help out:D

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Oooh, careful.
You ruffle one you may ruffle all.
United we stand and pinstripe suits been known to conceal all kinds of dangerous impliments....
:eek: Aha. And I wondered where the Chickie had got to (it's been quiet around here recently, and it's not even month end....).

Nice to know that a mild tease of accountants will bring them all out of the woodwork though :rolleyes:

Steve

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:18 PM
, he explained that if you have both, the wife will think that you're with the mistress, the mistress will think that you're with the wife.....

And you can be down the office, getting on with some lovely work!! :D

Steve

no this is software design engineers with their own businesses who do metal bashing on the side!!!!!!!!!!

trust me I know.:tears:

returns to week of 13 hour days with knickers on over suit saving plant.......

D any time they get on at you again just shine the VAT signal :rofl: and I'll jump in and then jump up and down and distract them with er something.:innocent:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:22 PM
D any time they get on at you again just shine the VAT signal :rofl:
Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:23 PM

D any time they get on at you again just shine the VAT signal :rofl: and I'll jump in and then jump up and down and distract them with er something.:innocent:
Before resorting to such measures, you have to let me know what you're going to distract them with....

Graham
14th-May-2003, 01:27 PM
There were 3 guys discussing the relative merits of having a mistress over having a wife....... Deary me, Trampy - you're repeating yourself now! :really: This, your 1927th post, is the same as your 566th! Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=9816#post9816) if you need proof! :wink: :devil:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:32 PM
Before resorting to such measures, you have to let me know what you're going to distract them with....

current assets, both with and without floating charge..probaby.

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:33 PM
Deary me, Trampy - you're repeating yourself now! :really: This, your 1927th post, is the same as your 566th! Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=9816#post9816) if you need proof! :wink: :devil:

Knew there was a reason for so many posts

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 01:36 PM
Deary me, Trampy - you're repeating yourself now! :really: This, your 1927th post, is the same as your 566th! Click here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=9816#post9816) if you need proof! :wink: :devil: Yeah. I know. But I figured that Chickie hadn't seen it, since she wasn't on the boards when I made the post the first time.

Steve

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:37 PM
Jolly D of you Trampie:D :D

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:38 PM
current assets, both with and without floating charge..probaby.

Care to share why your assets have a useful life of less than a year:wink:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:46 PM
Care to share why your assets have a useful life of less than a year:wink:
:rofl:

maybe it's just the window dressing that has a useful life of less than a year

"fixed" sounded so uninviting??

should I flash my naughty off-BS F instead?

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:49 PM

should I flash my naughty off-BS F instead?

Go and talk us through FRS4

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 01:52 PM
*Sighs*

Bloody accountants!

Steve

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:52 PM
Go and talk us through FRS4

I would, but I'm sure more people would be interested in hearing about YOUR Capital Instrument than mine.:devil:

And anyway it's far too exciting for the DANCE thread and we might get into trouble.:D

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:57 PM
Yeah. I know. But I figured that Chickie hadn't seen it, since she wasn't on the boards when I made the post the first time.

Steve

thanks, I did appreciate it.

*Sighs*

Bloody accountants!

you practically INVITED this, so no sympathy, only yourself to blame!!

:D :innocent:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:59 PM
*Sighs*

Bloody accountants!

Oh Trampie, you love us really

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:01 PM

And anyway it's far too exciting for the DANCE thread and we might get into trouble.:D

Then we'd have to discuss FRS13 and then things really would get tooooo exciting:devil:

CJ
14th-May-2003, 02:07 PM
Let's tal;k about dance , people!?!?!?!?!!!!!!:rolleyes:

:wink:

TheTramp
Of course I love you really.

Sort of.

Steve

Graham
Care to share why your assets have a useful life of less than a year:wink: Is this the official definition? Surely it's the liquidity of Chickie's assets that's the key factor.

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:13 PM
Is this the official definition? Surely it's the liquidity of Chickie's assets that's the key factor.

Graham,
No, no, no, no, no
Down in the standards as less than a year, liquidity is purely a term which has gained prominence in recent years generally referring to how quickly items (not neccessarily assets) can be turned into cash.

Enough accounts though, back to dance and forum chats, although would you say that Chickie's assets are liquid in nature???

CJ
14th-May-2003, 02:16 PM
well, not being an accountant, I'm struggling to keep up here...

but it strikes me that it depends on how long it takes to turn her assets into cash, yes??

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:17 PM
...., liquidity ....assets......

Wots liquidity ? wots an asset ?

hmm ... are we arranging to sell Chicklet ?? surely thats misuse of the forum :D

CJ
14th-May-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hmm ... are we arranging to sell Chicklet ?? surely thats misuse of the fourm :D

Not if we cut youin on the action, DS...:wink:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Not if we cut youin on the action, DS...:wink:

Don't know if we'd get that much that we could cut too many folk in on it *Ducks*:wink:

Graham
14th-May-2003, 02:30 PM
Don't know if we'd get that much that we could cut too many folk in on it *Ducks*:wink: Yeah, but we're only selling her assets, so we'll get more than if we lump in the liabilities. :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah, but we're only selling her assets, so we'll get more than if we lump in the liabilities. :wink:

New FIlm - coming soon

The Wrath of Chicklet

a few choice excerpts of the script will be appearing on this thread shortly :)

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but we're only selling her assets, so we'll get more than if we lump in the liabilities. :wink:
We'll have to be quick though as they are only current, however haven't noticed a huge amount of liabilities with her, anything you want to share with us

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:36 PM
New FIlm - coming soon

The Wrath of Chicklet

a few choice excerpts of the script will be appearing on this thread shortly :)

Alternatively, the Chicklet Strikes Back

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:44 PM

Nah, that suggests people would have survived their first encounter. :)

I suggest just....

'Chicklet'

tag line:
A gorgeous caring woman in a hard society fights against oppression and does lots for charity

...its a moving piece of work - just like me. Im a 'piece of work' who is running away from this thread before I get into trouble ;)

whaddya mean 'coward' :)

Graham
14th-May-2003, 02:46 PM
We'll have to be quick though as they are only current, however haven't noticed a huge amount of liabilities with her, anything you want to share with us What a crawler! No way is that going to get you off the hook for your previous post! I think her biggest liability is a fondness for balding lotharios.

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 02:51 PM
**** returns from v important accountant meeting to find self up for sale****:tears: :tears: :tears:

G- man I have no f'in lumpy liabilities to affect the resale value of the assets and am most hurt to find you think otherwise....just cos it took you 6 times to teach me that (MADE UP) move on Saturday, you've decided to peck on me. Shame.

Now, thinking about this properly, I think we need an ad.

Double breasted fluffy blonde bird available for immediate sale.
Comes with own coop and beamer.

improve on this please boys?

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:00 PM

nah more likely to strike elsewhere - backs I have seen recently within striking distance been a bit sweaty really:innocent:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 03:00 PM
..... balding lotharios.

What on earth are these and take it I'm one

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:02 PM
What on earth are these and take it I'm one

and only really.:D

(read your Marple a little more closely)

Dave Hancock

Now, thinking about this properly, I think we need an ad.

improve on this please boys?

For sale

One little yellow Chicklet

£2.50 ono

Dreadful Scathe

All fine. You may want to change to 'sale or return' though :)

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:08 PM
All fine. You may want to change to 'sale or return' though :)

what about £2.50 for the full thing then £0.50 back on the empty?

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:09 PM

actually that really doesn't work for girls does it????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 03:11 PM
C

You've just passed 500

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 03:13 PM

Think with girls in mind I'd pay the higher fee for the empty:wink:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:14 PM
C
You've just passed 500
and with such flair and interesting content :sorry :sorry :D

doesn't time fly eh?

Thanks D

CAFG

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 03:27 PM
and with such flair and interesting content :sorry

THATS IT!!

Chicklet for Sale. Has Flair and interesting content.

£5.00 plus free creme egg

see - helps with the sweetener for the deal though :)

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 03:39 PM

£5.00 plus free creme egg [/i]

If we made it a pack of 3, I'm sure Wendy would buy me for that.

So glad I can go to a good home.:waycool:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 03:43 PM

Chicklet for Sale. Has Flair and interesting content.

£5.00 plus free creme egg

£5.00 - NO WAY, well you know what they say about Aberdonians...

Dance Demon
14th-May-2003, 04:04 PM
If we made it a pack of 3, I'm sure Wendy would buy me for that.

Was going to make a smart comment about " packets of three, ............then thoughtt better of it.......:wink:

Glad to see you're over your flu chickie...:hug:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 06:39 PM
thanks for the :hug: DD!!!

need loads this week, but it's still not a good idea cos the coldy fluey thing is not getting much better!!!!

also been very busy accounting all week with v little foruming time, and what happens when I look away for a day or so - I get SOLD!!!!!!

trying hard to be fit and healthy for Friday night but it's not looking good at the mo

will let you know!!!

thanks again

Cx

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 06:40 PM
£5.00 - NO WAY, well you know what they say about Aberdonians...

That they'd rather spend their £5 on a good pair of sheep chasing wellies than on nice clean chickies, we know.

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 07:02 PM
:hug: <-- for Chickie....

Steve

Wendy
15th-May-2003, 05:10 AM
Yeah. I know. But I figured that Chickie hadn't seen it, since she wasn't on the boards when I made the post the first time. And Steve, honey, you told me this on the way to Camber....You might get away with this kind of nonsense down south but you won't up here !!! You'll have to be funny, clever and orginal all the time after July 12th or we'll send you back !!!:wink: :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxxxxxxxx

Rachel
15th-May-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
And Steve, honey, you told me this on the way to Camber....You might get away with this kind of nonsense down south but you won't up here !!! You'll have to be funny, clever and orginal all the time after July 12th or we'll send you back !!!:wink: :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Wxxxxxxxxx Oh yes, pleeeease send him back! I may be wrong, but I think we're going to miss him down here ...

Oh, Wendy (I don't think I'm too off-topic here, considering the subject is 'inane ramblings'), I've been meaning to ask you for ages ... What did you think of Camber? And anyone else who was there?

I really enjoyed it - downstairs, anyway. Spent about 30 minutes in total upstairs and hated that. But I think there was a marked difference in style and quality of dancers with Rock Bottoms on the same weekend. Shame ...

Did you get lots of good dances with Lucky-Dip Jimmy? I do wish I'd taken the opportunity for you to introduce me now, but I was dancing so badly on Friday, I could hardly face anyone. By Sunday I felt much better.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their dancing peaks at Camber then goes so much downhill immediately afterwards? Why is that???

Rachel

TheTramp
15th-May-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Oh yes, pleeeease send him back! I may be wrong, but I think we're going to miss him down here ...

Oh, Wendy (I don't think I'm too off-topic here, considering the subject is 'inane ramblings'), I've been meaning to ask you for ages ... What did you think of Camber? And anyone else who was there?

I really enjoyed it - downstairs, anyway. Spent about 30 minutes in total upstairs and hated that. But I think there was a marked difference in style and quality of dancers with Rock Bottoms on the same weekend. Shame ...

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their dancing peaks at Camber then goes so much downhill immediately afterwards? Why is that???

Rachel Awwww. Thank you Rachel :sorry It's nice to feel wanted.....

I enjoyed Camber this time more than I have the last couple. Have no idea why nothing really major - a few minor reasons, and I guess that they added up to make it all more enjoyable.

Upstairs was okie on the last night - in fact, I stayed upstairs all night then, since there was more room, and not so hot. Also, not sure I'd have enjoyed the music downstairs. A lot more 'lindy-like' all evening, from the reports I've heard.

And as for your dancing going downhill after Camber. I didn't notice that at all last night! :na:

Steve

Chicklet
15th-May-2003, 03:18 PM
Was coming on here to say this before I saw it had drifted to Camber (booked for next time so also vv interested!!)

So Rachel please don't think I'm trying to ignore your great topic!!!!

BUT please may we have some more accountant jokes?:D

Dave Hancock
15th-May-2003, 03:22 PM

BUT please may we have some more accountant jokes?

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Chicklet
15th-May-2003, 03:28 PM
No don't cry, it's a cunning stunt.

The idea is then WE know what they think we will do as the predictable accountant move in a given situation and can out manoever them at the last minute.:D

Wendy
15th-May-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
What did you think of Camber? Magic - thought I'd died and gone to Heaven - 0oops that's in another thread.. Great music especially downstairs on Friday and Saturday - not enough Blues on Sunday for me but I was upstairs a lot. Great workshops, loved the Aussie one, Blues, drops and blushed lots at the sexy one as I was doing that with a stranger !!! I must have been mad but he was really sweet, thank goodness !!!

Did you get lots of good dances with Lucky-Dip Jimmy? Not enough !!! Think he left early on Sunday night - couldn't find him later on.

..do wish I'd taken the opportunity for you to introduce me now, but I was dancing so badly on Friday, I could hardly face anyone... Rachel, Rachel, Rachel what are we going to do with you !!! Bad for you is pretty damn good for mere mortals !!!! I'll introduce you some day - mind you if I get to dance in the same place as him ever again I might not get round to that ....

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their dancing peaks at Camber then goes so much downhill immediately afterwards? I felt fine last night, especially with my new zappy trainers, I just skip more now and feel all funky !!!! Someone even commented that I was dancing differently - I didn't ask if that was a compliment or not !!!

See you soon !

Wxxxx

Rachel
15th-May-2003, 03:56 PM
BUT please may we have some more accountant jokes?:D I couldn't possibly ...

funnily enough, my father happens to be an accountant, too ... as well as German. Oh dear oh dear, what a heritage I've got!!

But, please, I've love to read everyone else's accountant jokes!!!
R x.

Rachel
15th-May-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
See you soon ! Hope so!!!

(sorry can't respond to rest of your mail just yet, but have to rush off from work now - speak tomorrow)

TheTramp
15th-May-2003, 04:21 PM
BUT please may we have some more accountant jokes?:D You rang Ma'am:

Q: When does a person decide to become an accountant?
A: When he realizes he doesn't have the charisma to succeed as an undertaker.

Q: How do you drive an accountant completely insane?
A: Tie him to a chair, stand in front of him and fold up a road map the wrong way.

Q: What does an accountant use for birth control?
A: His personality.

Q: What's the most wicked thing a group of young accountants can do?
A: Go into town and gang-audit someone.

Q: What's an extroverted accountant?
A: One who looks at your shoes while he's talking to you instead of his own.

Q: There are three kinds of accountants in the world.
A: Those who can count and those who can't.

A fellow is walking into a hospital and sees two doctors down on their hands and knees in one of the flower beds. He goes over and says, "Can I help? Have you lost something?" "No," says one of the doctors. "We're about to do a heart transplant on an accountant and we're looking for a suitable stone."

Steve

Wendy
15th-May-2003, 04:24 PM
Jeez, I'm glad I only studied it for 5 weeks and gave it up - it wasn't for me !!!

Wxxx

Chicklet
15th-May-2003, 04:25 PM

Q: What's the most wicked thing a group of young accountants can do?
A: Go into town and gang-audit someone.

this one's the fav.

thanks steve:D

Chicklet
15th-May-2003, 04:32 PM

Q: What's an extroverted accountant?
A: One who looks at your shoes while he's talking to you instead of his own.
Steve

And this one's not a joke it's just so true, cos Dave and I are both shy like this:innocent:

Graham
15th-May-2003, 05:22 PM
A man takes a balloon ride at a local country fair. A fierce wind suddenly kicks up, causing the balloon to violently leave the fair and carry its occupant out into the countryside. Landing in a farmer's field, the man is left with no clue how far he has flown or where he has landed.
Seeing a man walking down a nearby street, he cries out, "Excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I am?"

Eyeing the man in the balloon the passer-by says:, "You are in a downed balloon in a farmer's field."

"You must be an accountant, sir," replied the balloon's unhappy resident.

"How could you possible know that?" asked the passer-by.

"Because what you have told me is absolutely correct, but of absolutely no use to me now," answered the balloonist.

Grant
16th-May-2003, 02:33 PM
A man takes a balloon ride at a local country fair. A fierce wind suddenly kicks up, causing the balloon to violently leave the fair and carry its occupant out into the countryside. Landing in a farmer's field, the man is left with no clue how far he has flown or where he has landed.
Seeing a man walking down a nearby street, he cries out, "Excuse me, sir, can you tell me where I am?"

Eyeing the man in the balloon the passer-by says:, "You are in a downed balloon in a farmer's field."

"You must be an accountant, sir," replied the balloon's unhappy resident.

"How could you possible know that?" asked the passer-by.

"Because what you have told me is absolutely correct, but of absolutely no use to me now," answered the balloonist.
But that's only half the joke!
Grant

TheTramp
16th-May-2003, 02:41 PM
Yeah. We have a need to find out whether he ever found out where he was, and just how they managed to get the balloon back to the county fair.

Important details Graham.... :D

Steve

PeterL
16th-May-2003, 02:45 PM
no the rest is something about the guy in th balloon being a consultant.

:D

Graham
16th-May-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Grant
But that's only half the joke!
Grant
Oh, okay then....

The accountant says "You must be an executive." The balloonist says "How would you know that?" The accountant replies, "Because you don't know where you are, you don't know where you're going, and you are exactly where you were 10 minutes ago but somehow it's now my fault!"

Dreadful Scathe
16th-May-2003, 03:42 PM
sheesh Graham, im not inviting you to any dinner parties if ive got to phone you up afterwards for punchlines to your jokes ;) :D

Wendy
16th-May-2003, 03:48 PM
sheesh Graham, im not inviting you to any dinner parties if ive got to phone you up afterwards for punchlines to your jokes ;) :D You could just invite him to stop over and hear all the punchlines at breakfast...

Wx

Graham
16th-May-2003, 05:45 PM
The joke had two punchlines. I only supplied the first one because it was the one dealing with accountants.

For anyone who felt I'd cheated them last time here's another (in its entirety - honest! :wink: )

A lawyer, a doctor and an accountant are all applying to join the FBI. The have passed all tests but the final one. All three are in a waiting room ready for their final test. First, the lawyer is given a gun and told to go into the room and execute the spy sitting in the chair. The lawyer goes into the room, sees the person sitting in the chair blindfolded. He lifts the blindfold and sees its his wife. He leaves the room saying he could not shoot her. The lawyer is told he failed the test and can not become an FBI agent. Next the doctor is given a gun and is told to execute the spy. The doctor goes into the room, sees the person sitting in the chair blindfolded. He lifts the blindfold and sees its his wife. He leaves the room saying he could not shoot her. The doctor is told he failed the test and can not become an FBI agent. Finally the accountant is given a gun and is told to execute the spy. The accountant goes into the room and the agents outside the room hear a gun shot. After this they hear a lot a rustling and banging. Finally the accountant comes out and says, "someone put blanks in the gun so I had to choke her to death."

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 05:34 PM
I don't actually get this one at all.:eek: :sorry

DS what's the number we phone for the punch line?