PDA

View Full Version : VB Assistant

Lou
14th-May-2003, 01:41 PM
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: I likey! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Cheers Franck!

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:14 PM
:D If Lou likey, we all likey :)

Franck
14th-May-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Lou
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: I likey! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Cheers Franck! Cheers, Lou,

Just in beta testing at the moment, so the link looks a bit untidy!

I was looking for a way to preview private messages (still looking) and I found that instead... it is pretty cool, but I don't think it works on all browsers...

Feel free to send feedback here, or ignore it altogether.

Franck.

Captain Kirk
13th-November-2003, 02:58 PM
I would give this thread -10. It is out of date and it is not informative. Does anyone do any housekeeping, tidying up threads that are not being used, or threads which have become very large and cumbersome?

Franck
13th-November-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Captain Kirk
I would give this thread -10. It is out of date and it is not informative. Does anyone do any housekeeping, tidying up threads that are not being used, or threads which have become very large and cumbersome? Thank you for your rating Captain Kirk!
Incidentally, everyone can rate threads according to their personal opinion by clicking on the rate thread link at the bottom of the page. That way, a number of star will be given to each thread. Few people have decided to vote so far, so threads are not rated.

Tidying up does happen, but mostly, I run the forum so that everything is kept. That way, if anyone wants a record of the nonsense they posted when they first joined, they can search back and find it.

The best thing to do with any forums is to read the current discussions and reply if you feel you have anything to contribute.
Later on, when you have spare time, you can cast your net further back and read some of the older discussions.

VbAssistant is a link at the top of the page, which opens a pop up window from which you can check a number of things on the forum (including new threads, private messages, etc...)

Franck.

TheTramp
13th-November-2003, 03:19 PM
I would give this thread -10. It is out of date and it is not informative. Does anyone do any housekeeping, tidying up threads that are not being used, or threads which have become very large and cumbersome? That's probably why no-one had written anything in it for 6 months until you resurrected it....

Most forums I've ever been on, tend not to archive any records. As Franck says, sometimes, it's useful to be able to go back 6 months, a year, 18 months, whatever, to previous posts. Especially when someone brings up a discussion that we've previously had before that person joined.

Steve

ChrisA
13th-November-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
That's probably why no-one had written anything in it for 6 months until you resurrected it....

The real Captain Kirk would use the old "Slingshot round the sun" manoeuvre to move forward several centuries.

So I'm thinking, maybe this isn't the real Captain Kirk...

Chris

Captain Kirk
13th-November-2003, 03:34 PM
I have just been looking at 'take it outside'. 'What is a bint?', another topic I hope to have resurrected.

The young lady who used the expression, had probably been described as a 'bint' sometime in the past. I thought she was 'sexy'.

When I read the 'flame' I felt there was a certain 'English', 'Scottish' antagonism creeping in.

Who knows?, will vB have the distinction of being taken outside.?

azande
13th-November-2003, 04:23 PM
Who knows?, will vB have the distinction of being taken outside.? It will depend on the attitude of the people who post in it! :wink:

Boomer
14th-November-2003, 02:57 PM
Glad this one came back, hadn't looked at it before - vB's quite handy :nice: