PDA

View Full Version : "Current affairs" sub-area?

David Bailey
24th-October-2006, 01:21 PM
Do people think it's worth creating a subsection of chit-chat for this?

I think it'd be useful, there's certainly enough threads to populate it with.

Admittedly it'd probably be only myself, Barry, ESG, and MartinHarper discussing stuff, but on the plus side that's less of our junk for others to read...

Comments?

straycat
24th-October-2006, 01:31 PM
Admittedly it'd probably be only myself, Barry, ESG, and MartinHarper discussing stuff

I promise to add the occasional absurd, unrelated and unproductive comment just for form's sake... :wink:

ducasi
24th-October-2006, 01:33 PM
I think it's a good idea – finally a forum area I could add to my ignore list! :D

Beowulf
24th-October-2006, 01:42 PM
Current affairs?

Like the PMJD/Taz or LemonCake/Pretzelmeister "affairs" ;)

sorry the word "affair" always makes me think of the Man from Uncle. they were always investigating various "affairs" "The Iowa-Scuba Affair", "The Project Strigas Affair"

David Bailey
24th-October-2006, 01:59 PM
sorry the word "affair" always makes me think of the Man from Uncle. they were always investigating various "affairs" "The Iowa-Scuba Affair", "The Project Strigas Affair"
United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, another case where the acronym was thought up after the name. American TV's got a lot to answer for.

OK, it could be called "News" or "Politics" if you want... :rolleyes:

Juju
24th-October-2006, 07:55 PM
Admittedly it'd probably be only myself, Barry, ESG, and MartinHarper discussing stuff, but on the plus side that's less of our junk for others to read...

Come on David, you'd want to let some ladies in on this one, if only to pass around the port and cigars before leaving....

El Salsero Gringo
24th-October-2006, 08:02 PM
Come on David, you'd want to let some ladies in on this one, if only to pass around the port and cigars before leaving....Barry looks good in a frock.

David Bailey
24th-October-2006, 08:15 PM
Barry looks good in a frock.
Look, if I don't get some serious debate in this thread, I'm going to give thought to posting a poll, OK?

I can't say stronger than that :mad:

Juju
24th-October-2006, 08:22 PM
Look, if I don't get some serious debate in this thread, I'm going to give thought to posting a poll, OK?

I can't say stronger than that :mad:

Ok, seriously... you seemed to be wanting separate forums not that long ago. Rather than add to what's here, can't you go off and create one of your own?

Btw, the port and cigars line was serious. :mad:

David Bailey
24th-October-2006, 08:39 PM
Ok, seriously... you seemed to be wanting separate forums not that long ago. Rather than add to what's here, can't you go off and create one of your own?
Yeah, but that'd involve, you know, work, or something. Power without responsibility, that's my goal in life.

Anyway, I don't want separate forums, I want one properly-structured forum.

El Salsero Gringo
24th-October-2006, 09:24 PM

I can't say stronger than that :mad:Go on then. Post a poll about whether Barry looks good in a frock. I'm not scared.