PDA

View Full Version : Gits!!

Curtain
14th-May-2003, 12:38 AM
Can I firstly just lambast Lorna & Lisa for their cunning and ultimately evil plan to get me on the dance floor (I'll never get over the anguish). I can't believe I was made to dance!!

Anyway, apart from that embarrassing episode, I'd just like to thank everyone for there kind words and two year long devotion to the Curtain cause. I can't believe you all pitched in to give me such a rewarding send off ... THANKYOU. To be honest, the whole thing caught me by suprise, I'm really overwhelmed.

Of course, it goes with out saying, that I'll miss my banter with the colourful Lorna, the eccentric Lisa, the bizarre Dave H, the musically challenged Bill, the baldy Roy, the wavey Davey, the lovely Linda and the rest of the Culter Family, farewell my friends and I'll always remember fondly my Tueday nights with you.

Once again thanks for the cards and the parting gift and I'll see you all soon ... Hopefully!!

DJ CURTAIN (aka Paul)
xxx

p.s. Glasgow here I come!!

CJ
14th-May-2003, 01:14 AM
Curtain was on the dance floor
Curtain was on the dance floor!!

How'd it go, big guy? Second time will be much easier...:wink:

Wendy
14th-May-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Second time will be much easier...:wink: Yeh - second time might be with me !!! Oh, that can't be right... with ermm... Janet or Jayne or Linda or .... I'll wait till the third dance....:devil: You have seen The Graduate, haven't you Curtain...

Wxxx

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Curtain
Can I firstly just lambast Lorna & Lisa for their cunning and ultimately evil plan to get me on the dance floor (I'll never get over the anguish). I can't believe I was made to dance!!

You were looking good big guy, thought you were just getting into your stride when you decided to return to spinning the decks:D

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 08:58 AM
Curtain,
Can I also just on a more serious night that I am sure that I speak for the vast majority if not all of Aberdeen in wishing you well sown south and in saying that you shall be a sad loss from our Tuesday night routines.

Think that you have become a really top Ceroc DJ over the past couple of years and thought your set after the intermediate class was about as good as you've played and probably the best set I've heard at a Ceroc night (although what was with the Ghostbusters song in the class and why couldn't we have had a full version of that in freestyle!)

Once again all the best, hope things work out well for you and shall probably see you in Glasgow in the not too distant future.

Gadget
14th-May-2003, 09:05 AM
I missed the opportuinity to sign your card, {trying to think up somthing sharp and witty to say} but needless to say, I think that your replacement will have a lot of pressure to try and keep up your excelent standards.

What I won't miss will be the endurance tracks - please tell me you are taking your Doors CD to Glasgow with you?! :D

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
I think that your replacement*cough*
What I won't miss will be the endurance tracks - please tell me you are taking your Doors CD to Glasgow with you?!So then Curtain......which CD is this? Must go get a copy :D

Steve

Gadget
14th-May-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
*cough*
:confused: :confused: ... <ting> ah, that would be you then Tramp: still have a lot to live up to :bigwink:

So then Curtain......which CD is this? Must go get a copy :D
:really: :what: :what: :sick: <I think I will make up a new "AAARG!" smilie>

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 09:25 AM
I don't think they shall ever be able to totally replace DJ Curtain, big shoes to fill, huge responsiblity, not a job I'd fancy:D

Franck
14th-May-2003, 10:14 AM
Can I firstly just lambast Lorna & Lisa for their cunning and ultimately evil plan to get me on the dance floor (I'll never get over the anguish). I can't believe I was made to dance!!Hiya Curtain Sir, sorry I missed your parting night, and your first foray on the dance floor... I wish I could have been there... :nice: (I did make it most of the way...)
p.s. Glasgow here I come!! Looking forward to your brand of progressive Ceroc music arriving in Glasgow. :D :D

Franck.

Lisa
14th-May-2003, 10:24 AM
Curtain,

It was excellent to finally see you strutting your stuff on the dance floor. :devil: :na: :yum: :D :devil: The other evil plan was to leave you chained to the decks, drip fed with Guinness, so that you’d stay at Peterculter forever!

Seriously, you are a top class DJ and I will miss your banter on stage! Who else would play such most of my favourites ranging from Eminem, Nina, to Touch & Go. You’ll be a hard act to follow.

Hope you visit Aberdeen lots. Good luck in Glasgow.

Barbarella x

Curtain
14th-May-2003, 07:03 PM
The dancing wasn't a pretty sight!! There aren't words to describe how petrified I was. All those people standing round me watching, it was a nightmare.

I'm quite shy really and although I have no problem talking in front of a room full of people at a function, being the centre of attention isn't my thing!! I've still to reap my revenge on the gruesome twosome who organised that little surprise (just wait).

Thanks for all the compliments guys, but it isn't only music that makes a night, it's the people and what a great crowd you Aberdeen lot are!! Tramp you'll feel at home straight away and you'll have a ball.

The track Gadget isn't too keen on is Roadhouse Blues by The Doors, but the version I play now only lasts about four and a half minutes (used to play the live version which went on for six minutes). Another one to play sparingly is Sweet Home Chicago by The Blues Brothers (but you probably already know that).

I knew you'd have something to say about The Ghostbusters track Dave, but Kat brought it along with her and I thought it was the sort of nonsense I could get away with on my last night.

As for Lisa, that sounds like heaven I'd love to be drip feed on Guinness. Great Idea, could it be arranged? I'm not sure about Franck labelling me a progressive Ceroc deejay, but I kinda like the sound of it. I think I'll use it when people are introducing me at venues (lol).

So be kind to the new deejays who will be gracing the stage in the near future (as I'm sure you will). All the best to Kat and eventually The Tramp, I'm sure that I'll soon become merely a memory once you get them all rocking!!

See you all later amigos
Paul x

Gadget
15th-May-2003, 09:20 AM
The track Gadget isn't too keen on is Roadhouse Blues by The Doors, but the version I play now only lasts about four and a half minutes (used to play the live version which went on for six minutes). Another one to play sparingly is Sweet Home Chicago by The Blues Brothers (but you probably already know that).
I hate to say it, but it's not just "Roadhouse Blues" I dislike; but just about every track that the Doors have released I'm predjudice against dancing to! {Actually I don't hate to say it at all :devil:} You could also add the origional "miss american pie" - I think that's about 8min long (I remember having to get the croud to sing the chorus while I flipped the single and cued it up again! :what: )... and almost every 12" remix I can think of... and...

Chicklet
15th-May-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
origional "miss american pie"

Pedantic correction number 437:D

The 'plane was called MISS American Pie
The song wasn't.