PDA

View Full Version : Just for Will

DavidB
13th-May-2003, 06:25 PM
GET VOTING!!
Man City are running a vote on their web site to name the West Stand at their new ground after one of their ex players.
One of the choices is Colin Bell, so if we're quick and all vote, next season there could be 15000 City fans in the BELL END.
Don't pass this chance to make the world a better place. Go to:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=143394

Will
14th-May-2003, 01:51 AM
Yes David,

I've already had other jealous friend and supporters of lesser clubs email me this.

This bitterness towards Man City, just because we've made the biggest come back since Lazarus over the last 2 seasons, is as futile as it is an inferiority complex for all those who's clubs are not about to move into a new 48,000 all-seater state-of-the-art stadium. :waycool:

Glory!

CJ
14th-May-2003, 01:53 AM
I seem to remember Maine Road having a few bell ends in it through it's time... most of them were in blue, right enough...:D

Jayne
14th-May-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Will
just because we've made the biggest come back since Lazarus over the last 2 seasons,

I think that Jesus' comeback eclipsed Lazarus' efforts and although there are lessons to be learned from Lazarus there are far greater rewards from following the greater man.

Same applies to football, if you know what I mean....

J :wink:

Graham
14th-May-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I think that Jesus' comeback eclipsed Lazarus' efforts and although there are lessons to be learned from Lazarus there are far greater rewards from following the greater man. I think you'll find that the effort in Lazarus' case was also put in by JC, rather than Lazarus. :wink:

Jayne
14th-May-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I think you'll find that the effort in Lazarus' case was also put in by JC, rather than Lazarus. :wink:

You're quite right. Let's ignore Lazarus completely and follow the greater man (u).

J :wink:

Graham
14th-May-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
follow the greater man (u).Just in case anyone didn't get it the first time :wink: Of course, since you're a) a girl, and b) not raised in Manchester, your allegiance was predictable :devil:

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:21 PM
Should one who can claim history in Stretford be pale blue?

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Should one who can claim history in Stretford be pale blue?

:confused: :confused:
Suely you're not suggesting DS

Graham
14th-May-2003, 01:34 PM
Should one who can claim history in Stretford be pale blue? Actually Stretford is very much red (as it's not in Manchester).

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Suely you're not suggesting DS

wasn't, honest

so please don't sueme:eek: :rofl:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:35 PM

so please don't sueme:eek: :rofl:

I'll try not to!!

Chicklet
14th-May-2003, 01:39 PM
you said "suely" missing the "r"

so I said "sue me" - it's a little mild fun comedy thing some of us try on the forum now and again....but it doesn't often work.:tears:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 01:41 PM
Very clever, now I see it, really like:D :rofl:

Graham
14th-May-2003, 01:58 PM
you said "suely" missing the "r"

so I said "sue me" - it's a little mild fun comedy thing some of us try on the forum now and again....but it doesn't often work.:tears:
Wordplay may not be Dave's thing. :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:02 PM

lol

hmm is stretford the home of my long lost Smurf clan - or is it just known for 'the Stretford Wives' ?

;)

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:03 PM

:really:
And what is my thing:confused:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-May-2003, 02:11 PM
:really:
And what is my thing:confused:

Gunplay ... after hearing insults like that :D

CJ
14th-May-2003, 02:20 PM
It's got to be roleplay.......

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
It's got to be roleplay.......
Having seen me dance it's a surprise you didn't go for horseplay

Will
14th-May-2003, 03:31 PM
I think you'll find that the effort in Lazarus' case was also put in by JC, rather than Lazarus. :wink:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Of course, with his ability to save, JC is the only man who is going to be able to improve on what we had between the posts this season.

And whilst we are on the subject, it is noticable how Schmichael saw the light a few years ago and left the evil Red Devils and ended up with us - Hallelujah.

As an interesting aside, when they were designing our new stadium, there was a plan to put a roof on it. This however was scrapped so that God can watch his favourite team play football. :wink:

Dave Hancock
14th-May-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Will
Couldn't have put it better myself. Of course, with his ability to save, JC is the only man who is going to be able to improve on what we had between the posts this season.

Aye, heard he was no too bad on the cross:sorry

Will
14th-May-2003, 04:32 PM
Aye, heard he was no too bad on the cross:sorry

And he could certainly fill a net or too. :sick: