PDA

View Full Version : Watching dance video

Groovemeister
23rd-October-2006, 08:43 AM
How many people use dance video's to pick up new styles or dance moves.

I am not talking about dance instructional video I am on about the you tube type video of other's dancing.

Whenever I see other people dancing on video I am always going back through it to see if i can pick up different things about there foot movements etc.

I am finding that I am learning quite a bit this way infact

TA Guy
23rd-October-2006, 09:02 AM
For 98% for my MJ'ing life, Nope.

Lately tho, for what ever reason (well, an upturn in enthusiam for MJ :)), I've been buying DVD's like nobodies business, and, yes, using clips from the web to learn more. In particular, the God Frisbees clips. Which, whilst it's notionally the wrong dance (WCS), LOL, has so much good stuff for leads/men.

David Bailey
23rd-October-2006, 09:05 AM
In particular, the God Frisbees clips. Which, whilst it's notionally the wrong dance (WCS), LOL, has so much good stuff for leads/men.
Got a link for those?

TA Guy
23rd-October-2006, 09:17 AM
The're too spread out and there are a lot of the web, but good sources: the USA WCS champs sites (swingdiego etc), the french WCS site, Boston tea party site, youtube and google vid sites.

A search for 'jordan frisbee tatiana mollman' works on google.

Caro
23rd-October-2006, 11:29 AM
Got a link for those?

here's a link (http://www.jordantatianaswing.com) to their collection of DVDs (click on 'products'), I don't own many dance (MJ or WCS) DVDs but I do have a few and those are the best I have seen (in terms of quality of teaching, moves, and format of the DVD).
And although it is WCS there are plenty of moves you can steal for MJ, especially some embellishments / highjacking stuff for the ladies :D .