PDA

View Full Version : London over the Xmas/New Year week - whats on?

marty_baby
20th-October-2006, 12:50 PM
Hiya guys,

I'm in London over the Xmas/New Year week.

What dancing/Xmas balls are on? Any particular recomendations? (I see Twford on 23rd.... and Chiswick on 30th... big gap inbetween there....)

Whats happening to the Greenwich ball this year? I'm not exaggerating when I say this - "last year was brilliant!.... my best event of the year!.... the music and rooms were unbelievably good... the venue just right.... on the river, what a view...."

Whats happening with the Ealing ball this year? Last year's I remember there were a few issues - which Franck sorted out in a very professional manner.... The night itself was pretty cool and laid back... the nibbles on the tables were actually very good... one thing I remember.... I forgot to nick all the left over lychees at the end of the night tho! :rofl:

Cheers
Martin

PS:
Last year, you guys helped me organise the week - at the last minute the week before!.... Lord knows how I got tickets for those events.... :na:

PPS:
Glad I'm sitting down - I'm never this organised normally - but this question has come to me in a blinding flash!... I'm finally organising myself - post Britroc :rofl:

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 12:52 PM
27th is Ashtons Black & White Ball - not to be missed
31st is Ealing New Years Eve party.

Both Ticket only events

marty_baby
20th-October-2006, 01:03 PM

Both Ticket only events

Thanks Witty :hug:

Whats the Ashton's one like tho? Is it really packed?... ticket only or not.... ie. Is it a more "chill out and look good at the end of year" kinda event - as opposed to space to dance etc? I've only been to ashtons once... it was busy... and people were telling me it can be 4 times more people there (Christ!...)

Not really a critism of the place at all... I'd just like to know what to expect! :na:

Martin

PS:
Do you have links for the details/ application forms etc?

Twirly
20th-October-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm interested in this too - and who might be doing what. Trying to persuade my non-forum friend to come back from her Christmas sojourn early. She always says she has a cr@p new year, so shouldn't be difficult if there's something good on!

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
Would you like me to get the tickets for you then drive you there and dance for you?
I had a wicked night last year it was very good
:rofl: Try Here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/black_and_white.htm) :worthy:

TheTramp
20th-October-2006, 01:13 PM
Whats happening with the Ealing ball this year? Last year's I remember there were a few issues - which Franck sorted out in a very professional manner....

Ummm. That'll be Franco. Franck an entirely different person, and has Sheena now to sort things out in a professional manner! (Not that I'm saying that Franck wouldn't have done things in a professional manner at all of course! :rolleyes: )

Cruella
20th-October-2006, 01:22 PM
?

:rofl: An evening of glamour? With a picture of Marc taking his clothes off:rolleyes:

Although the girls in the other picture are far too pretty to contend with, might as well stay at home. :(

But on second thoughts, a whole room full of men in white shirts :drool: I'll be happy just to watch!

SeriouslyAddicted
20th-October-2006, 01:39 PM
Me, Turbo tomato and some of our other dancing buddies are going to Bromley on NYE - anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Twirly
20th-October-2006, 01:48 PM

Both Ticket only events

Would you like me to get the tickets for you then drive you there and dance for you?

Yes to the first two - and possibly the last one if my foot is giving me grief! :rofl:

Who/what is running the Ealing one? *contemplates the cost of taxi's home :sick: * Friend had better come!

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 01:54 PM
Me, Turbo tomato and some of our other dancing buddies are going to Bromley on NYE - anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Hopefully around the 2nd Jan :D

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 01:56 PM
Who/what is running the Ealing one? *contemplates the cost of taxi's home :sick: * Friend had better come!

Try Here (http://www.jivetime.co.uk/) but tickets not up yet, normally around November time :rofl: HTH

SeriouslyAddicted
20th-October-2006, 01:59 PM
Hopefully around the 2nd Jan :D

Thanks for that!!!! :yum:

Dan Hudson
20th-October-2006, 02:00 PM
stand by for more info on slinky's over xmas:clap: :clap:

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks for that!!!! :yum:

You're very welcome :whistle:

All troops on alert standby as requested.....................

Can't wait :worthy:

WittyBird
20th-October-2006, 02:49 PM
:rofl: An evening of glamour?

Just spotted this on the website

Doors open 7.30pm

Cocktails 8:00 - 9:15pm

Coffee and Tangerines at midnight

Carriages or a fight and a kebab on the broadway 2:00am :rofl:

robd
20th-October-2006, 03:01 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:yum: It doesn't get better than Slinkys IMHO :yum:

Minnie M
20th-October-2006, 03:31 PM
It's far too early to be thinking of buying Christmas & NYE tickets :rolleyes: I will get a list together about mid November and will post on my list.

In the meantime - there is Jon Brett's Glitter Ball end December and Ceroc Surrey always put on a good NYE party - hang on in there, I am sure we will be doing a poll next month.

Franco's JiveTime NYE dance/party is possibly the best one in London though

Would Slinky's be a Christmas party ?

Frankie_4711
21st-October-2006, 08:56 AM

No idea when the tickets go on sale, but that's where I'll be too.

Lynn
21st-October-2006, 05:00 PM
It's far too early to be thinking of buying Christmas & NYE tickets :rolleyes: Not if you're thinking of buying flights too. :whistle:

Maybe we could have 'Christmas events' thread? Then I could mention that the NI Christmas Charity event is on 9th Dec and should be a great evening!

David Bailey
22nd-October-2006, 02:12 PM
Whats the Ashton's one like tho? Is it really packed?
Ashtons last year was very busy, yes. Good, but busy.

For some comments, see the thread "Ashtons Black and white do the aftermath (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7293)" from last year.

Although obviously, this year could be completely different :)

Hope that helps!

marty_baby
25th-October-2006, 09:20 AM
Hiya Guys,

Right, just sent off for my Ashtons ticket - saved £10 booking early - can't be bad! :na:

What else is going on over xmas/New year in London??

Londsa bad press, but perhaps give that hippodrome thingy a go - so at least I can judge for myself. If its a bad night - can also go out into china town, or hit a proper club etc :na:

Any news on Greenwich? I lurvved last year! :nice:

martin :hug:

Dan Hudson
25th-October-2006, 10:29 AM
Hiya Guys,

Any news on Greenwich? I lurvved last year! :nice:

martin :hug:

Just waiting on venue confirmation..more news soon hopefully:clap:

marty_baby
25th-October-2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for that Dan :nice:

Will it going to be the same format as last year? The music and room mix was brilliant.

TiggsTours
25th-October-2006, 11:11 AM
It's far too early to be thinking of buying Christmas & NYE tickets :rolleyes: I will get a list together about mid November and will post on my list.

Thanks Minnie, the most trusted name in dance calendars!

In the meantime - there is Jon Brett's Glitter Ball end December

:yeah: And the Rock Bottoms team are planning a NYE dance at the same venue, the Bedford Corn Exchange, fabulous venue!

Minnie M
25th-October-2006, 03:38 PM
If you would like your local class to have a mention over the Christmas/NY period - please email details

Thanks

Lynda (lynda@lyndaslist.com)
:flower:

Rocky
25th-October-2006, 05:49 PM
Val and I will be at JB's/RB do at the Bedford Corn Exchange on NYE and I will be DJing with the great man himself. It's a great venue so should be a good night.

Caro
26th-October-2006, 07:58 AM
I'll be back from Cameroon to France for Christmas and NYE... I am soooo dancing deprived that I'm really thinking about making an express trip to London... just one flight away :whistle:

Ashtons on the 27th sounds good, is there anything else planned on the 26th or 28th / 29th? If I am making this trip it'd like to dance on more than just one night... :D
I don't think I can stay until NYE though, friends back in France would kill me :eek: !

Cruella
26th-October-2006, 08:52 AM
Ashtons on the 27th sounds good, is there anything else planned on the 26th or 28th / 29th? If I am making this trip it'd like to dance on more than just one night... :D
!

There is a dance on at Daventry on the 29th. 'Sin'derella theme. (http://www.ceroccentral.com/index.php?option=com_gigcal&task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=36&Itemid=75)

under par
26th-October-2006, 12:00 PM
There is a dance on at Daventry on the 29th. 'Sin'derella theme. (http://www.ceroccentral.com/index.php?option=com_gigcal&task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=36&Itemid=75)

Cruella I 've had a look at the website but it doesn't give a finishing time..

It would have to be a late finish before I would venture to Daventry.... anyone got any idea of finishing time ???

under par
26th-October-2006, 12:16 PM
ps Cruella Since when has Daventry been in London????

Check title of thread:whistle:

robd
26th-October-2006, 12:19 PM
The buy tickets link shows Daventry being 8 til 2 on the 29th Dec.
No mention of the 2nd room being open or not - Marc, Rachel - any idea on this?

under par
26th-October-2006, 12:27 PM

thanks Rob:worthy:

Cruella
26th-October-2006, 12:33 PM
ps Cruella Since when has Daventry been in London????

Check title of thread:whistle:
Yes OK, us bouncy midlanders like to take over the London venues so why not their threads too?

No second room, but the last couple of hours will be blues. Marc and Rob will be DJing all night.

under par
26th-October-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes OK, us bouncy midlanders like to take over the London venues so why not their threads too?

No second room, but the last couple of hours will be blues. Marc and Rob will be DJing all night.

Could be a possibility then if no better offers nearby:wink:

awaits lecture from Andy Magregor

Minnie M
31st-October-2006, 08:50 AM
My December list is almost complete and I will be posting this on the web tomorrow - in the meantime if anyone wants to add Christmas / New Year Eve party dance or ball on my list - please PM or email me with full details (some organisers are so slow in letting me know :rolleyes: )

I don't have a boundary restriction for NYE or Christmas Balls (not class parties)

Thank you :hug:

Or you can wait until tomorrow and see what I have missed

Caro
31st-October-2006, 09:25 AM
I know I might be asking for a lot here but is there any chance to have some WCS that week around London? :flower:

SilverFox
31st-October-2006, 09:39 AM
There is a dance on at Daventry on the 29th. 'Sin'derella theme. (http://www.ceroccentral.com/index.php?option=com_gigcal&task=details&gigcal_gigs_id=36&Itemid=75)It's nice to Ceroc Central have changed their website from a complete waste of server space....

to a slightly easier on the eye, total waste of server space.

It's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Cruella
31st-October-2006, 10:26 PM
It's nice to Ceroc Central have changed their website from a complete waste of server space....

to a slightly easier on the eye, total waste of server space.

It's about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

The usual constructive criticism from Silverfox.:whistle:
I've no idea about what makes a good website, but i have noticed that Ceroc Central do seem to get an awful lot of complaints about lack of advertising and easily accessible information. So please tell, what do you think they need to change about the new site?

Sheepman
31st-October-2006, 11:30 PM
It was talked about last year, but didn't happen in the end, I've been toying with the idea of putting on a freestyle on Christmas Day in the evening, after all it is a Monday...

I know Amir won't be teaching, but I don't know if the venue will be available, if there's enough interest, it could happen...

Greg

marty_baby
1st-November-2006, 01:03 AM
It was talked about last year, but didn't happen in the end, I've been toying with the idea of putting on a freestyle on Christmas Day in the evening, after all it is a Monday...

I know Amir won't be teaching, but I don't know if the venue will be available, if there's enough interest, it could happen...

Greg

Dancing Xmas day in the evening? What a cool idea! :nice:

...thinking about it tho.... stinking hangover..... stuffed full of turkey and brussel sprouts (The only time the year Ieat them - period....... )

...oh hell, thats a concern for mere mortals! :rofl: ...the dancing will also help shift the calories I imagine!

I reckon that would be a fab idea!... would it be hammersmith? I could do the dance - on the way back to Bristol....

Please let us know if its a goer! :clap:

Minnie M
1st-November-2006, 08:44 AM
My December list is almost complete and I will be posting this on the web tomorrow - in the meantime if anyone wants to add Christmas / New Year Eve party dance or ball on my list - please PM or email me with full details (some organisers are so slow in letting me know :rolleyes: )

I don't have a boundary restriction for NYE or Christmas Balls (not class parties)

Thank you :hug:

Or you can wait until tomorrow and see what I have missed

December dates are now on my web page - please check and let me know if I have missed your local one (would like Scottish NYE parties/balls please)

Thank's again for your help :hug:

Caro
1st-November-2006, 09:08 AM
December dates are now on my web page...

thanks Minnie :respect: :flower:

That Dartford thing on the 28th, is that far from London?
Anybody going?

David Bailey
1st-November-2006, 09:14 AM
The usual constructive criticism from Silverfox.:whistle:
I've no idea about what makes a good website, but i have noticed that Ceroc Central do seem to get an awful lot of complaints about lack of advertising and easily accessible information. So please tell, what do you think they need to change about the new site?
I've put my reply in the "Ceroc Centra (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=300479#post300479)l" thread. Seeing as this is, you know, about London.

Easy to get the two confused, I know :na:

Miss Conduct
2nd-November-2006, 12:26 AM
December dates are now on my web page - please check and let me know if I have missed your local one (would like Scottish NYE parties/balls please)

Thank's again for your help :hug:

Just checked your new list out. Very useful as always, thank you, but I noticed you'd put Xmas eve dates as Friday 24th Dec and Xmas eve is on the Sunday this year. If those venues are actually on the Sunday, do you know what time they will be on 'til please. :flower:

Also Chesham on the 24th November is worth a mention as 'H' will be the guest teacher again. :drool:

Sheepman
2nd-November-2006, 02:37 AM
I know I might be asking for a lot here but is there any chance to have some WCS that week around London? :flower:

I'll have to check with Cat if her regular class night will run on Wednesday 27th.

Dancing Xmas day in the evening? What a cool idea! :nice: OK, so far that's you, me, and Little Monkey, Just 24 more to go, and it could be a goer...

Greg

Minnie M
2nd-November-2006, 08:29 AM
Just checked your new list out. Very useful as always, thank you, but I noticed you'd put Xmas eve dates as Friday 24th Dec and Xmas eve is on the Sunday this year. If those venues are actually on the Sunday, do you know what time they will be on 'til please. :flower:

Also Chesham on the 24th November is worth a mention as 'H' will be the guest teacher again. :drool:

:hug: Well spotted Miss C :blush: typos :innocent: sorry ! Thank you for letting me know. The list went out to all the organisers (most) before it was posted and no-one noticed that, thanks again :hug: :hug: (some organisers are so slow in letting me know :really: )

Have now added this H is one of my faves :drool:

Little Monkey
6th-November-2006, 08:27 PM
OK, so far that's you, me, and Little Monkey, Just 24 more to go, and it could be a goer...

Greg

Well, if nobody else turns up, I'll get the two of you to myself! :D
Would make a nice change to having to queue up to dance with my boyfriend....:whistle:

I'm all for a Christmas Day dance, anyway!:clap: And apart from that, I'll just tag along with Sheepy, wherever he chooses to go dancing..... The only one I know we'll be doing so far, is Bookham. But I really need to know if we're going to any posh ball-style dances, so I know what to take with me to London. Actually, I could just 'accidentally' leave all my dance clothes in Scotland, so that I'll have to go out shopping!:D

ducasi
6th-November-2006, 09:13 PM
Anything good on anywhere on the 30th December?

Seems that the regular Edinburgh party isn't on that day after all, and it's my birthday!

El Salsero Gringo
6th-November-2006, 09:19 PM
Anything good on anywhere on the 30th December?

Seems that the regular Edinburgh party isn't on that day after all, and it's my birthday!Chiswick Town Hall, seeing as this is a London thread... but it's a long way from Edinburgh!

ducasi
6th-November-2006, 09:24 PM
Chiswick Town Hall, seeing as this is a London thread... but it's a long way from Edinburgh!
Worth travelling for?

El Salsero Gringo
6th-November-2006, 09:32 PM
Worth travelling for?Um... from Scotland? Difficult to say. The Ashtons Black and White Ball on the 27th probably would be, and the Sinderella Ball in Daventry on 28th too. I think Chiswick on the 30th is a regular freestyle night.

TheTramp
6th-November-2006, 09:35 PM
There's usually plenty of things going on in and around London between Christmas and the New Year to make a trip worthwhile....

ducasi
6th-November-2006, 09:36 PM
OK... I'm told there's a party on at Marco's (the regular Ceroc Edinburgh venue) that night, but not run by Ceroc. Just looking for all the options...

Cheers.

Miss Conduct
7th-November-2006, 12:58 AM
Um... from Scotland? Difficult to say. The Ashtons Black and White Ball on the 27th probably would be, and the Sinderella Ball in Daventry on 28th too. I think Chiswick on the 30th is a regular freestyle night.

Sorry, here I go again..........

The SINderella Ball in Daventry is on Friday the 29th. If you're thinking of venturing this far north I'd hate you to turn up on the wrong night.... :wink:

K x

Tiggerbabe
7th-November-2006, 01:33 AM
Is Daventry an all-ticket affair?

I've got a few days to myself over New Year and might just be tempted (if I don't travel further afield) to make the journey down. Anything else nearby on the 30th or 31st?

TheTramp
7th-November-2006, 01:43 AM

I've got a few days to myself over New Year and might just be tempted (if I don't travel further afield) to make the journey down. Anything else nearby on the 30th or 31st?

If there's nothing on in Scotland, and you fancy a travelling partner, I might be up for a trip.... :clap:

fletch
7th-November-2006, 09:37 AM

Looks like I can come to Daventry :clap:

My wonderful daughter who's birthday it is on the 29th said she will have her 'party' on the 28th and open her prezies in the morning of the 29th so I can go to Daventry on the evening :worthy: she doesn't wan't me to miss it :love:

Cruella
7th-November-2006, 09:39 AM

I believe it is. Will be fab to see you there Sheena (even if Trampy comes down with you :na: )

TheTramp
7th-November-2006, 10:24 AM
I believe it is. Will be fab to see you there Sheena (even if Trampy comes down with you :na: )

Well, that's not very nice, is it :tears:

El Salsero Gringo
7th-November-2006, 11:10 AM
Sorry, here I go again..........

The SINderella Ball in Daventry is on Friday the 29th. If you're thinking of venturing this far north I'd hate you to turn up on the wrong night.... :wink:

K xThanks, it would be chilly to have to hang around outside for 24 hours!

El Salsero Gringo
7th-November-2006, 11:14 AM

I've got a few days to myself over New Year and might just be tempted (if I don't travel further afield) to make the journey down. Anything else nearby on the 30th or 31st?There's Ceroc Surrey's New Year's Eve Party at the HG Wells in Woking, on the 31st, obviously. Great venue.

I know Woking and Daventry are a way apart, but if you're staying in London then you could do the Ashtons B&W on the Wednesday, Daventry on the Friday, Chiswick on the Saturday then Woking on the Sunday.

David Bailey
7th-November-2006, 12:31 PM
There's Ceroc Surrey's New Year's Eve Party at the HG Wells in Woking, on the 31st, obviously. Great venue.

I know Woking and Daventry are a way apart, but if you're staying in London then you could do the Ashtons B&W on the Wednesday, Daventry on the Friday, Chiswick on the Saturday then Woking on the Sunday.
What, nothing on Thursday? :eek:

(There's an opportunity for you :wink: )

El Salsero Gringo
7th-November-2006, 12:52 PM

(There's an opportunity for you :wink: )If you promise to come along, I'll put something on for you.

Who's up for a London chill-out night on the the Thursday then?

David Bailey
7th-November-2006, 01:03 PM
If you promise to come along, I'll put something on for you.
You're on - but only if you don't call it a Ball / Chillout / Post-Xmas something-or-other.

stewart38
7th-November-2006, 01:10 PM
It was announced at Berkhampstead that they maybe something on xmas eve and New Years eve there , there in discussion re extended hours etc :whistle:

Cruella
7th-November-2006, 01:32 PM

(There's an opportunity for you :wink: )

There is already something in the pipeline for the thursday. It just hasn't been confirmed yet. :whistle:

If you promise to come along, I'll put something on for you.

:sick: The images in my mind are not good!!

Tiggerbabe
7th-November-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok, that sounds like a plan (minus the B&W on the Wednesday, as that's just pushing it :rolleyes: )

So Daventry, Chiswick, Woking and then home again :D and seeing as I'm being lazy..........are Chiswick and Woking also ticket only?

Twirly
7th-November-2006, 02:45 PM
you could do the Ashtons B&W on the Wednesday, Daventry on the Friday, Chiswick on the Saturday then Woking on the Sunday.

And people wonder why there's a debt crisis in this country! :rofl:

At the risk of de-railing this thread… :rolleyes:

I sent the link to the NYE party at Ealing to my non-forum friend. She quite fancies it, but is concerned that this is not a Ceroc but a jive party, and that the dancing will somehow be different. :confused: I’ve tried telling her that I don’t think it will be, but not having been to any of their events, my opinion isn’t holding much weight… :rolleyes: So, will she recognise the moves?

*Disclaimer: the writer of this post is so used to having dance moves thrown at her that she doesn’t recognise (particularly after some fab dances :drool: with FirstMove over the weekend :D ) that she doesn’t give a toss! Enquiries are strictly for non-forum friend’s benefit.

WittyBird
7th-November-2006, 03:23 PM
So, will she recognise the moves?

:rolleyes:
Only if she starts going to Ealing regularly because it's the little Alien men that fly down in spaceratti banana jets that teach, so all the moves are advanced in space age. Really takes lots of practice and determination to master even possibly light years. :whistle:

Zebra Woman
7th-November-2006, 04:44 PM
There will be 2 Freestyles at Berko over Xmas! Both will have 4.5 hours of pure freestyle :clap: :clap: :clap:

Christmas Eve Freestyle

Sunday 24th December 2006 at The Berkhamsted Town Hall

8.30pm - 1.00 am. (Doors close at 10.30)
£15.00 on the door.

Two dance Halls with DJ Ian
and guest DJ keeping the Decks
hot in the main Hall, and
Marc keeping it mellow in 'Berko's Rhythm and Blues room'

AND

New Years Eve Freestyle

Sunday 31st December 2006 at Berkhamsted Town Hall

Champagne reception at 8.30
then pure freestyle in two dance halls
thru to 1.00am

Marc will be doing his stuff in the 'Berko's Rhythm and Blues room.'
Two DJ's will be taking their turns in the main Hall.

Coffee served at 11.30 with mince pies and the odd doughnut!

Tickets £18.00 or on the night £20.00.
Tickets available now from any Cerocchilterns venues

More info www.cerocchilterns.co.uk

Sounds great to me

ZW

WittyBird
7th-November-2006, 10:59 PM
Do we know who the guest DJ's are @ Berko Christmas Eve & New Year? :cheers:

Caro
8th-November-2006, 08:51 AM
Who's up for a London chill-out night on the the Thursday then?

Me, definately :clap:
I'm thinking about coming to london on wednesday for the ashton thing and back to France on friday/possibly saturday so the trip isn't worth it if there's nothing on thursday ...

WittyBird
8th-November-2006, 03:36 PM
Do we know who the guest DJ's are @ Berko Christmas Eve & New Year? :cheers:

Jilly hasn't made her mind up who the guest DJ's are @ Berko over Xmas & New Year wouldn't it be great to have OXO's there!

If you're planning on going to Berko NYE maybe it's time to say who you'd like to DJ to give Jilly an idea of who to get :D Im sure she'd listen to the opinions :whistle:

Rachel
8th-November-2006, 03:43 PM
Jilly hasn't made her mind up who the guest DJ's are @ Berko over Xmas & New Year wouldn't it be great to have OXO's there!

If you're planning on going to Berko NYE maybe it's time to say who you'd like to DJ to give Jilly an idea of who to get :D Im sure she'd listen to the opinions :whistle::yeah: Absolutely, he gets my vote as well!! OXO is a brilliant dj - I know there were really good comments about his music when he was covering for Marc at Berko the other weekend. It would be fantastic to see him there again, and I know Marc would agree.

Rachel x

Zebra Woman
8th-November-2006, 04:00 PM
:yeah: Absolutely, he gets my vote as well!! OXO is a brilliant dj - I know there were really good comments about his music when he was covering for Marc at Berko the other weekend. It would be fantastic to see him there again, and I know Marc would agree.

Rachel x

Oh yes OXO gets my vote. :respect: He did a great job of standing in for Marc last month in the blues room....and that really isn't an easy thing to do.

Great bloke too.

ZW

David Bailey
8th-November-2006, 04:03 PM
Oh yes OXO gets my vote.
ZW gets my vote.

Not that I'd vote, polls being Evil and all. But if I did. But I didn't. Or something.

TheTramp
8th-November-2006, 04:08 PM
Wonder if they'd be interested in visiting Scottish DJs..... :rolleyes:

WittyBird
8th-November-2006, 04:13 PM
Sure she would PM her :D Would be great to have you there

fletch
8th-November-2006, 04:27 PM
Sure she would PM her :D Would be great to have you there

So is that where we are going now :confused:

Berko :confused:

So tickets :rolleyes:

:clap:

Zebra Woman
8th-November-2006, 04:28 PM
Wonder if they'd be interested in visiting Scottish DJs..... :rolleyes:

Hmmm there's thought....

How about OXO's blended with something orangey and bouncy?

Mmmmmmm :drool:

WittyBird
8th-November-2006, 04:29 PM
So is that where we are going now :confused:

Yes :whistle:
Dont worry it will get sorted

fletch
8th-November-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmmm there's thought....

How about OXO's blended with something orangey and bouncy?

Mmmmmmm :drool:

Just talked to OXO'S he could do it, if required :clap:

Do we have to have bouncy,:rolleyes: I get enough of that up here :eek:

don't wan't to drive 200 miles to get bounced :wink:

fletch
8th-November-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes :whistle:
Dont worry it will get sorted

Do you fancy John Bakers gig on the 30th :confused:

WittyBird
8th-November-2006, 04:34 PM
Do you fancy John Bakers gig on the 30th :confused:

Abso Bloody Lutely :rofl:
Where ??? details please?

Zebra Woman
8th-November-2006, 04:34 PM
Just talked to OXO'S he could do it, if required :clap:

Oh goody, I'll email Jilly.

Do we have to have bouncy,:rolleyes: I get enough of that up here :eek:

don't wan't to drive 200 miles to get bounced :wink:

I'm talking about our :respect: :clap: Tiggerbabe :rolleyes:
I believe she may be in the area on NYE, not sure whether she would prefer to dance or DJ though...I'm just speculating :devil: .

ZW

fletch
8th-November-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm talking about our :respect: :clap: Tiggerbabe :rolleyes:

:blush: again

:D

fletch
8th-November-2006, 04:37 PM
Abso Bloody Lutely :rofl:
Where ??? details please?

i'll sort :clap:

Rebecca
9th-November-2006, 03:18 PM
The Captain and I were looking for a place to dance on the 31st (the first day of our honeymoon :clap: ). Looks like Berko has the vote (stalking you Alison -:blush: ).

Anyone know any good hotels in the area?

fletch
9th-November-2006, 04:40 PM
Anyone know any good hotels in the area?

La Witty's is allways buzzing :rofl:

See you 2 tomorrow :clap:

DavidY
11th-November-2006, 01:36 PM
Anyone know any good hotels in the area?Travelodge have a cheap (£15) offer over that period. Maybe not what you're looking for as a honeymoon venue though...

DavidY
11th-November-2006, 01:39 PM
I may be passing through London on the evening of 2nd Jan - is there anything on (at all)?
"Sorry, there are no events listed for this date.":eek:

marty_baby
13th-November-2006, 03:24 PM
OK chaps - whats going on with new years eve now? In London, or along the M4

So far I've got:
Ealing - possibly.....
Newbury
Swindon

Anywhere else?

And any new on Greenwich?? :na:

Martin :D

Tiggerbabe
26th-November-2006, 05:24 PM
Anyone thinking of booking travelodges for the festive period, remember they must be booked by tonight to qualify for the £15 deal! :eek:

fletch
26th-November-2006, 05:29 PM
OK chaps - whats going on with new years eve now? In London, or along the M4

So far I've got:
Ealing - possibly.....
Newbury
Swindon

Anywhere else?

And any new on Greenwich?? :na:

Martin :D

Berko :clap:

Marc is DJing :worthy:

personal invitation only.......submit your request to Wittybird or Fletch for approval :wink:

:D

Tiggerbabe
26th-November-2006, 06:26 PM
Finally decided :D Claire S and I are heading to Bedford Corn Exchange on the 31st Dec, with John Brett and David Rokov at the decks.

We'll be at Daventry on Friday 29th and possibly Chiswick on the 30th.

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 06:35 PM
Finally decided :D Claire S and I are heading to Bedford Corn Exchange on the 31st Dec, with John Brett and David Rokov at the decks.

We'll be at Daventry on Friday 29th and possibly Chiswick on the 30th.
I expect Finchley will do a thing on the 1st again, so you could always try that - see how many days' freestyles you can fit in at once :)

Tiggerbabe
26th-November-2006, 06:38 PM
Might do, David, is it during the day or an evening thing? Need to get back for JJs, Glasgow, on the Tuesday :D

David Bailey
26th-November-2006, 06:46 PM
Might do, David, is it during the day or an evening thing? Need to get back for JJs, Glasgow, on the Tuesday :D
It's an evening thing.

(I was just about to say something pithy about Cerocmetro's communications of future events, but then I thought I'd better check the website - and there are details there :eek: )

Anyway, check out: http://www.cerocmetro.com/calendar.php? and click on the ICE thing - details are:

Fabulous Party Night, well established with great atmosphere, dancers and music. Hot drinks, nibbles and cakes are complimentary at the end of the evening.
All this happens at
All Saints Arts Centre
122 Oakleigh Road North
Finchley, London
N20 9EZ
TICKET ONLY EVENT - Details very soon !
The first time they did it, it was "pay on the door" and it was mobbed - well over 300 people there, I barely managed to get in myself. So ticket-only is quite sensible.

I imagine it's something like 8pm - 1am, with DJ Robin, based on the last two events.

Minnie M
27th-November-2006, 04:19 PM
Finally decided :D Claire S and I are heading to Bedford Corn Exchange on the 31st Dec, with John Brett and David Rokov at the decks...........
Fantastic - will be great to see you guys :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:yeah: Rock Bottoms Bedford Corn Exchange NYE party for me :clap: :clap: just booked a £15 Travelodge room too :yeah: :clap:

Twirly
4th-December-2006, 03:19 PM
Tickets arrived for this on Saturday :clap: Really looking forward to it. :D

Will Beo and I see any other forum folks there or are all Londoners venturing north of the Watford Gap and going to Berko?

Minnie M
4th-December-2006, 08:37 PM
Is there a poll for who's going where for NYE ????

David Bailey
5th-December-2006, 11:45 AM

Nope. :whistle:

Twirly
5th-December-2006, 02:35 PM

Doesn't seem to be, but that's a very good idea you've got there Minnie :wink:

Am not doing it - am having a cr@p day and everything I do goes wrong, so best not. :sad:

Tiggerbabe
5th-December-2006, 03:27 PM
Postie just brought our tickets for the NYE bash at the Corn Exchange, Bedford :clap: Daventry ones haven't appeared yet though :tears:

fletch
5th-December-2006, 04:08 PM

no not yet :(

Nope. :whistle:

Just you weight till Xmas i'm going to get Witty to show me how to do them:clap: and will will have one for everything then :na:

Daventry ones haven't appeared yet though :tears:

I havn't had mine come yet :what:

Sparkles
5th-December-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm having difficulty getting tickets for the Daventry Sinderella ball (29th December). The Ceroc Central website says to order them online (which I have tried a couple of times with no success) or to call Emma Pettitt (it gives a number) and order them over the phone - but she's not answering :what:.

Anyone got any idea how I can sort this out?

Tiggerbabe
6th-December-2006, 01:56 AM
Sorry Sparkles, I ordered ours via paypal, and the money has come out of my account, but nothing through the letterbox as yet :(

robd
6th-December-2006, 11:50 AM
Anyone got any idea how I can sort this out?

Emma Pettit's email address is emma at ceroccentral.com (replace at with @ and remove spaces)

I sent a cheque off a while ago (couldn't seem to order them online either) but haven't received tickets yet.

TheTramp
6th-December-2006, 12:00 PM
Emma Pettit's email address is emma at ceroccentral.com (replace at with @ and remove spaces)

That's very nice. But why not just put {email address}?

ducasi
6th-December-2006, 12:06 PM
Maybe because she might not want her email address on the web and available to spammers?

TheTramp
6th-December-2006, 12:22 PM
Maybe because she might not want her email address on the web and available to spammers?

Well, then she'd probably want to remove it, along with her home and mobile phone numbers from the Ceroc Central website then.....

Oh, and Duncan.... I was perfectly aware of that reason. And if it was her private email address, that'd be one thing.... :flower:

robd
6th-December-2006, 01:45 PM

Because her email address isn't {email address} ? :rolleyes:

Actually it was an initiative test for Sparkles....:whistle:

ducasi
6th-December-2006, 01:54 PM
Well, then she'd probably want to remove it, along with her home and mobile phone numbers from the Ceroc Central website then..... Where is her email address on the Ceroc Central web site?

Caro
14th-December-2006, 08:15 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: I'm coming to London on sat and sunday 30/31st!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

After 3 months of intense, life-threatening deprivation,

I WANT TO DANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of chiswick on sat and WCS on sunday...

guys... you're warned :wink: :D

fletch
15th-December-2006, 12:36 PM
HELP!

I carn't get through on the 'ice' line or e-mail :tears:

has anyone else got tickets :confused:

Is anyone going that could get me a couple of tickets for me and Witty :flower:

fletch
15th-December-2006, 02:38 PM
panic over :clap:

I just got a all there are two put to one side

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: