PDA

View Full Version : Rock Bottoms

Paul F
12th-May-2003, 05:14 PM
Dont know if anyone on the forum managed to get to Rock Bottoms,Torquay this weekend (10th May) but what an amazing weekend.

This was my first time on an RB weekender. After having done Camber, Bognor etc i wasnt too sure what to expect. One word............

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The awesome venue of the Derwent Hotel, Torquay. A beautifull ballroom, the finest facilities anywhere of any weekender, half-board, clean, air conditioned, spacious, some of the finest teachers (v+l, deb+ben (aussie+british champs) etc etc). It was absolutely amazing.

(no i dont work for them!!!! )

If anyone gets the chance to go then you would be very happy you did. Cant speak for the other venues but this one was excellent.

Camber and Bognor seem to have a rule......Cram as many people into a huge hot room as possible. Thats it . Not to mention the state of the majority of the self-catering accommodation. I hope they will take the lessons from Rock Bottoms to ensure that , eventually, ALL weekenders are of this quality.

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2003, 09:17 AM
Do they have a web-site or how can you find out more about future events

DavidY
13th-May-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
Do they have a web-site or how can you find out more about future events

Looks like it might be http://www.jivelive.com/rockbottoms/

David

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2003, 09:39 AM

Brady
13th-May-2003, 12:42 PM
I must agree with Paul F. and say that the Rock Bottoms weekend in Torquay was absolutely amazing!!! Speaking with many people there who have also been to Camber, etc. and the consensus was that Rock Bottoms is far better (can't judge myself as I've not been to the others). Fantastic venue, great food (4-course dinners, cooked breakfast), fab dancing all night long!!!!

And how about the teaching line-up!!! V&L are always fab, great intro to the Aussie scene by Deb & Ben, Andy & Rena are always a laugh, Gary & Sara with their fab lindy, Amir and his musical interpretation, and how about the kids??!!! Yes, that's right, Adam & Hannah (16/15 years old) taught an amazing hip hop class, while Sean & Tas taught some of their funky jive style. Scary to think the four of them are that young and would put most anybody to shame on the dance floor!!! :what:

Would HIGHLY recommend a Rock Bottoms weekend. For anybody north of the border, I've brought back a pile of their flyers, so catch me at a party or drop me a PM and I'll get you one.

Brady

Wendy
13th-May-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Brady
...and how about the kids??!!! Yes, that's right, Adam & Hannah (16/15 years old) taught an amazing hip hop class, and now you come close to knowing what it feels like to be old enough to be the parent of a great dancer !!! Now that's scary isn't it !!!

Just had a fab time in Camber. Am thinking about Rock Bottoms instead though based on what you have said. Beach Boogie in between of course...

Wxxxx

PS Got some neat moves to show you guys.....if I manage to remember them... and Dave, got some X-rated ones for you to share with some nubile in a blindfold.... strictly third dance stuff though.... CCM x

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Wendy

PS Got some neat moves to show you guys.....if I manage to remember them... and Dave, got some X-rated ones for you to share with some nubile in a blindfold.... strictly third dance stuff though.... CCM x
CCM
The mind boggles, and remember the sleazier the better:kiss: :kiss:
What is the next party you're going to???

Wendy
13th-May-2003, 04:37 PM
The mind boggles, and remember the sleazier the better:kiss: :kiss: What is the next party you're going to??? Like I'd show you at a party !!! I've got my reputation to think of !!! :innocent: :innocent: I'll show you at a class night in a broom cupboard :wink: No, I think I'll get Brian to show you, now I think about it ....... (just can't make my mind up on a smiley for that comment.... :rofl: / :drool: / :wink: or just plain :devil: )

CCMxxxxxxx

Jayne
13th-May-2003, 04:42 PM

I've got custody of the blindfold at the moment....

...lucky me!

J :wink:

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2003, 04:49 PM
Like I'd show you at a party !!! I've got my reputation to think of !!! :innocent: :innocent:

Am sure we could organise a private party if you want:wink:

Dave Hancock
13th-May-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
I've got custody of the blindfold at the moment....

...lucky me!

J :wink:

Surely you'd share it about though:innocent:

Jayne
13th-May-2003, 04:53 PM
Surely you'd share it about though:innocent:

Actually, I washed it the other day so it's nice and clean now. It got a wee bit damp at the Chiswick party - it was used just a wee bit that night.... nice thoughts....

J :dream like trance smilie:

TheTramp
14th-May-2003, 02:13 AM
And I believe that I was your first Jayne? :innocent: :na:

Steve

Diane
16th-May-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi Brady, i had a few dances with you last weeked, very nice indeed.
You may not know who I am thou, don't think i introduced myself !

I have been on all the Rock Botom events since they started Feb 2001 and unti now they have been in the Royal York Hotel in the IOW and have all been absolutlely brill. Anybody who can really should try and get there.
I know Feb 2004 still has lots of space.

di

Deb
16th-May-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi guys

Thanx for the feedback about our class at Rock Bottoms. We had so much fun. My feet were very sore (and still are)...

We had a great time teaching you some of our moves. We had a huge list of things to show you and would have loved more teaching time. We'll JUST HAVE to come back again next year.

See you at classes during the week. My last class is on Wednesday Night at Ealing so hopefully I will see you all there and for farewell drinks afterwards.

Deb

Brady
16th-May-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Diane
Hi Brady, i had a few dances with you last weeked, very nice indeed.
You may not know who I am thou, don't think i introduced myself !

Hello Diane!

You're correct, not sure I know who you are! :sorry Although, I must say that I'm sure the dances were good, as I can't recall one bad dance all weekend! :nice: I will be back down to the Anzac Ball next weekend, then likely to the Monster Jive Weekend in Surrey, and of course Beach Boogie later this year, so if you're going to be at any of them, hope we get a dance or two and an introduction!!!! :cheers:

Brady

TheTramp
16th-May-2003, 05:20 PM
See you next Saturday then Brady!!

Steve

Diane
16th-May-2003, 05:40 PM
Sadly, I won't be at any of the events you mention Brady, but I'm sure to bump into you sometime and I'll be sure to say hello.

di