PDA

View Full Version : Daventry floor

Juju
17th-October-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm planning to go to Daventry on Saturday. I have a ridiculous amount of clothes - but I haven't got a thing to wear!!! Which means I might end up wearing the trusty old trainers again... glamorous, huh?

However, the floor at the Derby freestyle last weekend didn't agree with them at all.

Simple question then - what's the floor like at Daventry? Will I live to regret my sartorial decisons if I wear the trainers? Or is the floor so good that I can wear what I like?

Ta. x

Northants Girly
17th-October-2006, 11:50 AM
The main room is the main leisure centre sports hall. The Blues Room is in a proper function room. Both floors aren't too bad.

But the painted lines marking out football/badminton court areas in the main room can sometimes be slippy :o

Juju
17th-October-2006, 11:51 AM
The main room is the main leisure centre sports hall. The Blues Room is in a proper function room. Both floors aren't too bad.

But the painted lines marking out football/badminton court areas in the main room can sometimes be slippy :o

Ta. Slippy's not the problem; I was sticking to the floor at Derby. :sad:

sidney
17th-October-2006, 11:56 AM
Simple question then - what's the floor like at Daventry? Will I live to regret my sartorial decisons if I wear the trainers? Or is the floor so good that I can wear what I like?

Ta. x[/QUOTE]

Regarding the floor at Daventry should be no problem, as I have always found it lovely to do your spins and twirls. I agree with you about last saturday in Derby the floor was rough and I brought two pairs of shoes. So have fun on saturday:nice:

jivecat
17th-October-2006, 01:53 PM
I find the Blues room floor at Daventry quite slippery. Bring several pairs of shoes anyway, just in case!

fletch
17th-October-2006, 01:57 PM
Bring several pairs of shoes anyway, just in case!

And lots of outfits :blush:

where were you on Sunday Heather :confused:

I had to console a very disserpointed man :whistle: I did my best :wink:

CentrAlex
17th-October-2006, 05:40 PM
I find the Blues room floor at Daventry quite slippery. Bring several pairs of shoes anyway, just in case!

The floor in the main sports hall I always find is wickedly spinny...the floor in the blues room is OK...it can be sticky in come places but most people take talc just in case...

If I was you...I would bring a couple of pairs of different shoes so you can try it out and change if necessary!

See you there :clap:

Juju
17th-October-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for your help everybody. :nice:

I have considered bringing extra shoes, might do that.

Dressing for dancing is always a pain in the butt, I find. So many different criteria to address! Cue three days and nights of stressing, followed by ten minutes of throwing together a third rate outfit, before heading out into the night. And if anyone is interested in meeting me there - I'll be the one looking like a tramp. :tears:

Lost Leader
17th-October-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah - it is pretty much like Alex said. The main room is only used for the Dav. freestyles the last of which was some months ago so I cannot comment on its current state. The Blues room floor has been very sticky of late but is slowly getting better - on Monday night it was half way back to being decent again but still a little sticky around the edges. Suggest bringing a couple of pairs of shoes if you have them - and don't forget the talc.

fletch
17th-October-2006, 10:49 PM
Dressing for dancing is always a pain in the butt, I find. So many different criteria to address! Cue three days and nights of stressing, followed by ten minutes of throwing together a third rate outfit, before heading out into the night. And if anyone is interested in meeting me there - I'll be the one looking like a tramp. :tears:

third rate outfit :( you can throw things together on a budget :flower:

OK it does depend on your budget :rolleyes: but mix and match works well :clap:

tramp is good:what: if thats the look you were going for :waycool:

So will that be tramp as in vagrant :eek:

or

Tramp as in loose woman :whistle:

:D

:flower:

jivecat
17th-October-2006, 10:56 PM

or

Tramp as in loose woman :whistle:

:D

:flower:

Or, indeed Tramp as legendary, cuddly beginner?

SilverFox
18th-October-2006, 08:07 AM
I'll be the one looking like a tramp. :tears:

So will that be tramp as in vagrant :eek: Remind me not to dance with you.

or Tramp as in loose woman :whistle: .....then again.....:devil:

fletch
18th-October-2006, 08:31 AM
Remind me not to dance with you.

Don't worry juju I will remind you :wink:

Juju
18th-October-2006, 10:25 AM

Yup...

Remind me not to dance with you.

... which makes this straightforward. :rolleyes:

fletch
18th-October-2006, 10:50 AM

Yup...

:

Juju you had better watch out, I understand they are putting dogs on the doors as some venues,:eek: i hope you only look like a vagrant and don't smell like one,:sick: or you could find yourself as a right dogs dinner. :wink:

:devil:

Juju
18th-October-2006, 10:55 AM
Juju you had better watch out, I understand they are putting dogs on the doors as some venues,:eek: i hope you only look like a vagrant and don't smell like one,:sick: or you could find yourself as a right dogs dinner. :wink:

:devil:

Looks like I'm screwed then. :wink:

Yogi_Bear
18th-October-2006, 01:39 PM
There is absolutely no answer to that....:innocent:

fletch
18th-October-2006, 03:46 PM

glad somone is :D

Katie Kicks Ass
18th-October-2006, 03:56 PM
I have a nearly 2 hour drive to put get dressed, put make up on and do hair.

Hopefully I won't look like a dogs dinner :sick: .

I won't be anywhere as good as fletch tho (do you look like that first thing in the morning):flower:

Juju
19th-October-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks I might not even get to see the Daventry floor now, as my dodgy shoulder went *crunch* :sick: again this evening. The pain was excrutiating.

So no dancing tonight, possibly no dancing on Saturday :tears: ; last time this happened (in the Spring) I didn't dance for about six weeks.... :sad:

CentrAlex
19th-October-2006, 11:36 PM
the floor in the blues room is OK...it can be sticky in come places but most people take talc just in case...
:

APOLOGIES - it was supposed to say "sticky in SOME places" :blush:

:rofl:

WittyBird
19th-October-2006, 11:42 PM
APOLOGIES - it was supposed to say "sticky in SOME places" :blush:

:rofl:

Pure genius :worthy:

Juju
20th-October-2006, 05:06 PM
I didn't even notice! :innocent: